PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore closed this weekend

Elsinore Cop
03-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Due to a spike in bacteria counts from the last storm, Lake Elsinore is closed for the weekend. I will post more information Monday.

JetBoatRich
03-21-2003, 04:47 PM
That is going to make a few of the people unhappy! Eric will have to test some where else :confused:

Cole
03-21-2003, 05:22 PM
-------------------------------------------------
Due to a spike in bacteria counts from the last storm, Lake Elsinore is closed for the weekend. I will post more information Monday.
-------------------------------------------------
A spike in the bacteria???
translation-if you dip your feet in the water you'll come out a _____________fill in the blank

572Daytona
03-21-2003, 05:34 PM
A spike in the count due to the rain? I would think an influx of fresh water would help reduce the bacteria, not make it worse. Only in California with all of the tree huggers and boatloads of environmentally friendly laws can you manage to screw up a lake this bad. Go Figure.

NashvilleBound
03-21-2003, 06:50 PM
Exactly! I bet in Georgia they dont have these problems....

DickDanger
03-21-2003, 07:09 PM
Elsinore Cop:
Due to a spike in bacteria counts from the last storm, Lake Elsinore is closed for the weekend. I will post more information Monday. Does that place ever NOT have unhealthy bacteria in it? Nasty.....-DD Out

sandblasted
03-21-2003, 07:43 PM
Lets see. We got a lake full of bacteria in the south at elsinore, and we got the Buena Vista mudhole in the North..
No wonder so many people from SoCal head to the river every summer weekend...We can't find clean water in our own area... wink

lakesmodified
03-21-2003, 07:44 PM
Elsinore Cop:
Due to a spike in bacteria counts from the last storm, Lake Elsinore is closed for the weekend. I will post more information Monday. I grew up camping and boating on Elsinore. If memory serves me correctly what this actually means is: The rain percolates into the ground surrounding the lake, and as it passes by the many spetic tanks/leach fields in the area, it accumulates bacteria from the "CACA" in these septic systems, and then drains them into the lake! I now remeber why we stopped going to Lake Elsinore...

Jrocket
03-21-2003, 08:07 PM
That place has water in it? eek!

03-21-2003, 08:31 PM
Last time i had my boat in that hum water i
had to use a putty knife to clean it

Kwicherbichen
03-22-2003, 02:17 AM
Oh that's nice. I went today and had my damn feet in the water. Oh shit......I can't feel my feet!
Check out the adventures here Babe of the Month shoot (http://www.kwicherbichens.com/mb/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=137&s=56f615d0cda0a0cea29d44bdb2ae35f1)

bordsmnj
03-22-2003, 02:43 AM
sounds like quite an ordeal. will you be checking out credentials before hand next time? :D shoulda snaped a couple of that.......one that showed up late..so that,well nevermind. It'll come togather easier after a while and all that. It's warming up :cool: Ever consider printing some little fliers or business cards and handing em out to hoties at the sand bar and other hot spots during spring break? at leats you'll see what your getting up front and that ahnding out the cards job would n't exactly suck either.
[ March 22, 2003, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: bordsmnj ]

TOBTEK
03-22-2003, 06:36 AM
GREAT......I was in the water twice Tuesday. Thats where this weird rash came from, I knew it wasnt from that homeless lady I took for a ride :D

JetBoatRich
03-22-2003, 08:01 AM
TOBTEK:
GREAT......I was in the water twice Tuesday. Thats where this weird rash came from, I knew it wasn't from that homeless lady I took for a ride :D You should be OK after a couple days or go in and pick up some penicillin from the Doctor. :confused:

Hal
03-22-2003, 01:39 PM
I keep hearing boats on the lake today and this mornings paper just had a warning about the lake but did'nt say it was closed. Whats up?

HM
03-22-2003, 02:47 PM
Canyon Lake has been close for several weeks due to high bacteria counts - they are upstream from Elsinore.
The problem is that with all the rain, the runoff from the mountains, more like the floods, have brought everything into the water.
Don't worry, the algae in Elsinore will eat the bacteria very quickly and make it one of the cleanest lake in CA again, as usual.
If you think Elsinore is normally a dirty disease ridden lake - that is fine - stay away - we have enough mental midgets in this area anyways. Go to Lake Perris - that place is clean because the water is clear. Never mind what the Lake reports for bacteria levels and never mind that they shut it down several times a year, without any runoff, for high bacteria levels. eek!
(hint - bacteria cannot be seen by the naked eye)

DickDanger
03-22-2003, 02:53 PM
HolyMoly:
If you think Elsinore is normally a dirty disease ridden lake - that is fine - stay away -
(hint - bacteria cannot be seen by the naked eye) Thanks for the advice....I have been staying away and will continue to do so. If everyone wants to continue to launch in that waste treated cesspool, be my guest. And Perris is even worse than Elsinore, you are right there. -DD Out

HM
03-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Don't let facts stand in the way of your belief. wink
Oh yah, I forgot, this Hot Boat forums, where drama rules, but facts and reason are left at the portal entrance.

77charger
03-22-2003, 05:56 PM
perris has been bad for years esp along the shores where everyone thinks its a diaper chaning staion.Usually it is closed in the summer from what ihave read.Just because it is clear doesnt mean its cleaner.