PDA

View Full Version : Drain lake Powell???

79Hawaiian
08-05-2002, 02:12 PM
I saw a documentary on the Discovery channel last night about the great dams. They mentioned there was action being taken by the tree huggers to drain lake Powell and remove the Glen Canyon Dam. This is the first time I ever heard anything about it. A quick search on the web and I found some info.
It appears that there is no plan to actually do it as of yet but unless we keep our ears to the water it could all slip away. Anyone know anything about this?
LakePowell.org (http://www.lakepowell.org/Page_two/Information/Drain_Lake_Powell_/drain_lake_powell_.html)

Erik
08-05-2002, 02:31 PM
If God hadn't kicked Adam & Eve out of the Garden of Eden Greenpeace would have.

HM
08-05-2002, 02:40 PM
79H,
Yes, the tree huggers have been trying ever since they built Glen Canyon Dam. They seemed to get a bit of steam a few years ago, but they dropped their profile for a while. They may be making a new charge with the new Blue Water affiliation. I think we should start a coalition to dam up the Grand Canyon to keep them busy. I don't actually want to fill Lake Grand Canyon, but we need to be on the offensive, not the defensive.
How sweet would it be to get an approval to dam up the Grand Canyon? That would almost be as good as kicking these guys square in the nutz....almost.

DEEZ NUTTS
08-07-2002, 09:28 PM
I would much rather see the grand canyon by boat that by donkey.
Fill 'er up!