PDA

View Full Version : Perris = bye bye, Elsinore = dirty...

dmontzsta
09-07-2003, 11:15 AM
what is the next closest lake to me? I am in Riverside. I need to find something close and clean, that will allow headers with no mufflers.
Got sent home from Perris after 8 trips around the lake he was waiting on the dock when we came back. Sucks! Perris is clean and VERY close to me, Elsinore is disgustingly dirty.
Any suggestions are appreciated!

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-07-2003, 11:22 AM
HAVASU LOL!! :rolleyes:

victorfb
09-07-2003, 11:23 AM
hate to say it, but bacteria wise, perris is by far worse. elsinore is actually one of the cleanest lakes around in that aspect. its just that elsinore has alot of algea. hence the green water. but if i had to make the choice between the two - elsinore by far. perris ranked one of the worst for bacteria. hope you didnt do much swimming there.

topless
09-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Been to Silverwood or Pyramid?

BlownForce 29
09-07-2003, 12:39 PM
we never had a problem at elsinore, in our old boat we ran with open headers and never got harrased by the cops and also at havasu we never had a problem.

dmontzsta
09-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Havasu is a bit far for my schedule right now. My Father has to work at 6pm everynight. Mondays and Tuesdays are the only days off, and I happen to have off Saturday and Sunday (It is a team thing, he goes I go, I go he goes) :) .
Went to silverwood once a while back, LOTS of floating logs and it was pretty small if I recall.
Maybe I will just hit up elsinore, I though Perris was pretty clean, you can actually see the bottom. Also, isnt Perris used for drinking water? :confused: there was a sign there that said that.

DickDanger
09-07-2003, 01:09 PM
The statement made above is correct, in that Perris is actually dirtier than Elsinore. Elsinore LOOKS nasty, but they do have the legal speed zone there. I cant say that I really care for either place, but at least they are local, and filled with something resembling water. -DD Out
[ September 07, 2003, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

FletchMonster
09-07-2003, 09:34 PM
I'm sure we all know where the bacteria comes from at Perris, if you ever watched all of the kids that SHOULD be in diapers doing their business IN the water. Idiot parents think this another opportunity to NOT parent their kids. As for Lake SmellSomeMore, maybe it's onlu algie, but it's too hard to handle.

Raskal
09-07-2003, 09:44 PM
i know perris is dirter but it is a total mind trick to look at the green ass water at smellsomemore .and they are both close and still fun just drive boat anytime i want .i go 1 or 2 times a week after work every week so i guess it works and i deal with the bad water

Kilrtoy
09-08-2003, 12:33 AM
Been to Silverwood or Pyramid?
HE said close, not 3 counties over
My buddy got meningitis at Perris
as did his friend a month later,
ITS A SEWER.....
2 hours to Pyramid or 3 to the river
THATS A TUFF ONE...

SandbarScot
09-08-2003, 05:25 AM
Be careful with noise law. It is a STATE law and you can get nailed on Elsinore too.