PDA

View Full Version : OP6?

1stepcloser
06-12-2003, 07:12 AM
I keep reading about this OP6 thing...(dealio wink )
What its it and can anyone buy one?
Or is it some exclusive club or organization...
I mean, really, its all I've been seeing on this board lately, and it's really getting old.
They should get their own website, and stop hijacking this one.
:cool:

Jordy
06-12-2003, 07:27 AM
You know, it's funny you should post something like this as I was thinking the same thing... can anyone help us out here? I'm kind of in the dark with this whole OPC6 or whatever it is. Where can we find some information?
*Author's note: PartyCat gave me $20 to post this. :D

hot_diggity_dog
06-12-2003, 07:29 AM
I keep reading about this OP6 thing...(dealio )
I mean, really, its all I've been seeing on this board lately, and it's really getting old.
This sounds like http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/504/724bullshit-med.jpg
With over 800 post and you don't know about this event??
All I can say is there are (15) forums categories you can post in and the OP6C threads are in the right section. :rolleyes:
It would be different if all of the post where in the East or Vdrives or somewhere else. wink
Just go with the flow or don't read those topics that don't interest you. :mad:
Just my .02 :rolleyes:
Hot (Kind of tired of you Fockers trying to rain on the parade) Diggity Dog :cool:

hot_diggity_dog
06-12-2003, 07:30 AM
*Author's note: PartyCat gave me $20 to post this. Me too!!! wink
Hot (Posted OP6C shit for the money) Diggity Dog :cool:

Party Cat
06-12-2003, 07:33 AM
hot_diggity_dog:
*Author's note: PartyCat gave me $20 to post this. Me too!!! wink
Hot (Posted OP6C shit for the money) Diggity Dog :cool: Damm....at this rate my kids Monopoly game isn't gonna have any money left for them to play.... :( cry

JetBoatRich
06-12-2003, 07:34 AM
Did I miss out, where is my $20 :D

superdave013
06-12-2003, 07:37 AM
1stepcloser:
I keep reading about this OP6 thing...(dealio wink )
:cool: Yes you to can buy your own OP6C. And yes they do have their own site. Go to www.op6c.com (http://www.op6c.com)

Jordy
06-12-2003, 07:41 AM
JetBoatRich:
Did I miss out, where is my $20 :D You got another post out of it. Makes it all worth while for you huh? Now get off my coat tails... :D

hot_diggity_dog
06-12-2003, 07:48 AM
HDD, being that 1step is one of the more frequent posters on the op6 board i'm pretty sure that this thread was a subtle attempt at humour. I thought that too!! wink
Thats why I posted the bullshit picture. wink
HDD :cool:

superdave013
06-12-2003, 07:48 AM
Hey RD, would it be ok if I bought a used OP6?? I think I know a guy that might have one for sale. :rolleyes:

Party Cat
06-12-2003, 07:55 AM
superdave013:
Hey RD, would it be ok if I bought a used OP6?? I think I know a guy that might have one for sale. :rolleyes: ROTFLMAO.... http://www.speedcraving.com/dynda/jim/s/rotflmao.gif

waterndog
06-12-2003, 07:58 AM
Party Cat:
superdave013:
Hey RD, would it be ok if I bought a used OP6?? I think I know a guy that might have one for sale. :rolleyes: ROTFLMAO.... http://www.speedcraving.com/dynda/jim/s/rotflmao.gif Hey damn it! don't laugh I already bought one. do you think its authentic? I was going to get it signed :D wink

AZKC
Wait till we all start the after party posting and pics. Things will be even crazier. :p
KC

Froggystyle
superdave013:
Hey RD, would it be ok if I bought a used OP6?? I think I know a guy that might have one for sale. :rolleyes: I would have it inspected. The used ones often have morality problems, and within a couple of days a trouble light will crop up that indicates bad attitude... New ones are so inexpensive these days, and with 15 year financing everyone can really get themselves into one if they want it. wink

Mandelon
06-12-2003, 08:30 AM
Froggystyle:
superdave013:
Hey RD, would it be ok if I bought a used OP6?? I think I know a guy that might have one for sale. :rolleyes: I would have it inspected. The used ones often have morality problems, and within a couple of days a trouble light will crop up that indicates bad attitude... New ones are so inexpensive these days, and with 15 year financing everyone can really get themselves into one if they want it. wink I think I saw some used ones on E-Bay. They were next to the roller blades.... :rolleyes:

1stepcloser
06-12-2003, 08:30 AM
Froggystyle:
within a couple of days a trouble light will crop up that indicates bad attitude... I've been noticing that same concern on the new models as well.
Perhaps this is a manufacturing flaw?
I smell a recall on the horizon, or at the very least a service campaign.
Can you say lemon law?

Froggystyle
06-12-2003, 08:35 AM
1stepcloser:
Froggystyle:
within a couple of days a trouble light will crop up that indicates bad attitude... I've been noticing that same concern on the new models as well.
Perhaps this is a manufacturing flaw?
I smell a recall on the horizon, or at the very least a service campaign.
Can you say lemon law? Most of it comes down to improper maintenance. If you bring it to the regularly scheduled service events, they last forever. Plus, it turns out that the manual uses beer to fix most of the problems anyway. In any case, it is covered if you are the original owner.
Bottom line is, if it is used, odds are really good something is wrong with it. Most people just dont get rid of them once you have them. Kind of like a Place Diverter. There is nothing to upgrade to, so owning the top of the line has it's advantages.

1stepcloser
06-12-2003, 08:47 AM
Froggystyle:
Most of it comes down to improper maintenance. If you bring it to the regularly scheduled service events, they last forever. Plus, it turns out that the manual uses beer to fix most of the problems anyway. In any case, it is covered if you are the original owner.
Bottom line is, if it is used, odds are really good something is wrong with it. Most people just dont get rid of them once you have them. Kind of like a Place Diverter. There is nothing to upgrade to, so owning the top of the line has it's advantages. I see.
I'm still a little concerned about this issue with morality though. I understand that once that has problems it is almost impossible to repair...

Froggystyle
06-12-2003, 09:00 AM
1stepcloser:
I see.
I'm still a little concerned about this issue with morality though. I understand that once that has problems it is almost impossible to repair... Make no mistake about it... I am in no way condoning getting a used one. Especially one with the morality failure.
Good news is, you can do some minimal checking around, and find out easily enough if this code has ever come up. The computer keeps that information stored, and there is no way to reset it. Good for the consumer, bad for the broken item.
Like I said before... with interest rates at an all time low, and with the kind of incentives being offered by the factory, it really makes no sense to get a used one.

Froggystyle
06-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Awwwwwww. I killed the thread...

1stepcloser
06-12-2003, 03:28 PM
Froggystyle:
Awwwwwww. I killed the thread... No no no, dont feel bad...I have the attention span of a two year old. :confused:
At any rate I have decided to wait the the upcoming model, I'm thinking maybe something new is a better idea...
Unless you know the previous owner, there is really no way to tell for sure what youre getting.
And for that matter there is the old adage of Never sell (or buy) anything major to (or from) someone you know.
wink
Besides, I'm really uncomfortable with the morality issue. Been my experience that no ones ever honest about the quality of that thing.

Jrocket
06-12-2003, 03:47 PM
Theres no need to buy an op6...You can watch any soap opera on TV and get the same effect... eek!

Froggystyle
06-12-2003, 07:12 PM
I heard that Chevy is offering an attractive lease on their OP6 until July 7. The bummer is, the mileage is pretty low, and you pay like $.15 per beer over it.
But, it is a nice option if you don't neccessarily want to commit to a new one right now. You can try it out for a while, and just purchase outright before the lease is up.
Always better just to save up and get one though.

1stepcloser
06-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Froggystyle:
But, it is a nice option if you don't neccessarily want to commit to a new one right now. You can try it out for a while.
This is the type of offer I needed before I got married...
:D

bordsmnj
06-12-2003, 07:56 PM
i'd just buy the used one and get it over with. if it does mulfunction in any way be sure to see a doctor right away. first scrub it down twith soap and water,though. maybe even add a fresh coat of wax.... idea