PDA

View Full Version : Nor Cal: Lake Anderson

Foolish
06-26-2003, 06:36 PM
Hi yall I am new to this forum but not to boats. I have been to Lake Anderson a couple times for tuning purposes before I take the long drive out to Don Pedro or Beyeressa. I was wondering if they will give me a citiation for unbaffled OT Basset headers (455 olds) out on Lake Anderson.
Thanks in advance :D

Robbie Racer
06-27-2003, 06:55 AM
Foolish, yes they do issue tickets at Anderson for non baffled headers. If you go during the week and if you stay up at the north end away from the houses, you might be able to get away without getting caught. I'm not sure that lake is even open this year though. They closed it last fall for some repairs and I heard that they never completed them and now the lake may be closed but I'm not sure. You might want to check for sure before you haul your boat up there. R/R

Cas
06-27-2003, 07:30 AM
Foolish,
After you get it all tuned, join us at Tower Park at the end of Aug, it's a lot of fun. That's if you have that weekend open :)
I would've answered something about Anderson but I haven't been there in a lot of years. The other lakes we used to go to were Calero and Lexington. Are they even open for boating any more?

Caljamr
06-27-2003, 09:07 AM
Is Anderson in Morgan Hill or is it on HWY152?
If it's on HWY 152, I went to that lake once and everyone on board got sick from the nasty water. The lake was very low and this was about 3 years ago.
If it's the lake in Morgan Hill off the 101, that lake is very small and they only allow limited amount of people on it.
I would rather go to the delta, Tower Park is awesome, sometimes a long wait for getting the boat in the water.

Robbie Racer
06-27-2003, 09:18 AM
Caljamr, Anderson is the one in Morgan Hill just off 101 and you are right about it being small and boat limits on weekends. You might be thinking of San Luis Reservoir which is right off 152 near the I-5.

Caljamr
06-27-2003, 10:10 AM
San Luis Res. was the worst, windy, muddy shores, nasty water.
Anderson is nice but really small.
Up past Modesto are some nice resevoirs but there still small.
Commanche is one.
I like the Delta, Lost Isle, Tower Park.

Foolish
06-27-2003, 06:15 PM
I will definately try to join up for TPIII. I just went and picked up my Place diverter today :) and can't wait to try it out...(might have to wait til next weekend at Beyeressa).
BTW I checked out the county's website and yes Anderson is closed because of ramp problems (they are making a temp one out of WIRE MESH jawdrop that place is getting more ghetto by the minute and even more shallow every month...too bad.

Cas
06-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Foolish,
What day do you think you will be at Berryessa?
I'm about 55 minutes from being in the water there and might be able to get up there on Sunday.
I too have a new diverter but it's in a Panther. I'm real curious to see what these things do.

Foolish
07-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Cas I got jacked on my campsite and not willing to make the 4 hour drive for a day trip in complete 4th of July madness. Going hunting instead. Some other time....just got the boat tuned and the place diverter is completely finished.