PDA

View Full Version : Havasu, rent to snowbirds?

phebus
08-21-2003, 12:26 PM
The wife and I are thinking about renting our house in Havasu to snowbirds, and wanted to know who if any were doing the same, current monthly rents, and what management firms people were using.
Thanks

Mrs.909er
08-21-2003, 12:28 PM
How big is your house?

1ASKYDV
08-21-2003, 12:39 PM
Yep,
We rented it out last winter for 4 months. I think we got around $1100 / month. We use Arizona Coast Properties and have had real good luck. I think they only take around 8-10% for mgmt fee.

phebus
08-21-2003, 12:43 PM
House is a three bedroom 1500 sq. ft. house on the south end of town. Very nice, and we hate to rent it since we use it year round, but money is tight and renting might be an option.

Mrs.909er
08-21-2003, 12:47 PM
I would say between $1200 and $1400....depending on where it is exactly at...and how nice everything is inside.
If I were you...I'd hire a house cleaner....they are between $50 and $100 a day. Have them come once a week, and give them your number...so they can let you know how well the house is being kept up...you don't want it getting fu@*ed up.

summerlove
08-21-2003, 12:49 PM
phebus:
The wife and I are thinking about renting our house in Havasu to snowbirds, and wanted to know who if any were doing the same, current monthly rents, and what management firms people were using.
Thanks Before buying our current home on the south side, we owned a condo at the Nautical Estates. I was getting $1700/month, Jan-Mar. I paid 30%, so I was netting around $1,200/month for the condo. My prop mgr said that condos go for more than houses (huh?, I said) because they provide a social venue for the 'birds. They all like to party together (so getting old isn't so bad after all)and play golf together, so the condo communities do very well. I also understand that if you have motorhome space and hook-ups you can get a little more. I used McCulloch vac rentals - 888-343-7666.
Good luck.

Jeffery Fry
08-21-2003, 01:22 PM
Hi all! That is cool, I was just talking to my wife about the same thing. Wondering if it would work though in Bullhead?

Edmond
08-22-2003, 11:10 AM
I too would be curious if I could rent my house in Bullhead? anyone had any experience with the Bullhead/Laughlin area

Havasu_Dreamin
08-22-2003, 12:17 PM
I don't think BHC gets the blue hairs the way LHC does.

Thunderbutt
08-22-2003, 03:11 PM
phebus:
Thanks We will be going to Havasu during the winter to test some boats. We will stay for a month. e-mail me if you want to rent it by the month.

Mr.Havasu
08-23-2003, 06:53 AM
phebus:
Thanks Don't do it! eek!
We have enough blue hairs that can't drive worth a sh*t here! :rolleyes: J/K good luck :D ,
Best thing to do if you are serious is contack McCulloch , Coldwell Banker or Mohave realty..They have the most blue hair clients. All their rates run around 12%