PDA

View Full Version : CBBB..my take.

DickDanger
08-11-2003, 03:45 PM
My take on things this weekend at the Avi....
There were some really nice boats out there for sure. I was totally content to sit on the beach and watch people hammering down on the gas. So much so, that I almost forgot that I had a boat in the water that needed to be driven as well.
Met a few new people, but not as many as I would have liked. I got tired of ****ing asking people "are you with the CBBB?" We need nametags people!!!!
I wasnt aware that I was supposed to have a number on my boat. It never said anywhere on the forms I was given where and when to get these things. Conversely, I had no number until about 2 pm Sat.
HalletDave was cool enough to give me a ride in his ride, and I totally appreciated it. Now I can say that I hung with one of the "California Girls" back-up singers....yeah!!!!
Seeing as how I have never met the organizers of the CBBB, I didnt know who they were, what they looked like, or even if I ever did meet them.
I think that the most favorite thing that I heard on Sunday was "Oh, was your boat in the CBBB? I didnt see it there yesterday." Ummmmm, yeah, I was in the ****ing lagoon all day Saturday, but since the parking was jacked, I was all the way over on the side from the majority of people. Hey guys, feel free to take a walk down next time. Was the sand too ****ing hot or something?
Cyclone gets my vote for most gas expenditure. Next year, I am donating a $50 gift certificate from Chevron or somewhere. That was one fast ride.
Overall I am glad that I was there, but I am hoping that there will be a few changes made to next years CBBB. If I can be of any help with the logistical side, then let me know. Now Im sleepy....later, -DD Out

G-String_Jaime
08-11-2003, 03:48 PM
Ty and I burned our feet for ya Dave wink

DickDanger
08-11-2003, 04:00 PM
True, very true, J. That sand was hotter than what it is probably going to be when I get sent to hell!!!!
BTW, I think that it is great that Rex Marine, TPC Racing, etc put up prizes for the category winners.
Next year though, have the kids do the root beer chug first, and THEN do all that running around with the sponges....lol. -DD Out

Floored
08-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Hey DD nice to have met you, beautiful boat. Terheggen/Malone marine insurance 1-800-223-6268 1-562-496-2444 good luck

Danhercules
08-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Its kinda weird seeing the faces behind the words. Its cool how everyone was helping each other. I helped with launching a couple boats and others were all over when someone needed help. Great group.
It was spread out a bit. I did flame my feet a few times, I meet you DD!! Anyway Great weekend!!!

Hotcrusader76
08-11-2003, 04:18 PM
Dan,
Pleasure to meet ya as well. Thanks for giving my lil Jaime a lesson on how to drive the truck down the ramp. It takes a man with patience to teach a blonde how to back a trailer up...
Thanks bro.
~Ty

Danhercules
08-11-2003, 04:23 PM
Hotcrusader76:
Dan,
Pleasure to meet ya as well. Thanks for giving my lil Jaime a lesson on how to drive the truck down the ramp. It takes a man with patience to teach a blonde how to back a trailer up...
Thanks bro.
~Ty No prob dude. She looked soooo stressed and worried.
I have a hard time teaching my girl somthing new. We usually end up fighting. eek! Maybe it would be best for my wife or another girl to teach her.

Jetdriver
08-11-2003, 04:23 PM
Had a good time and got to meet a few great people! I actually met more people Sunday then Saturday. I agree that there are a few things that should have been done differently, but all in all not a bad deal. See you next year!

cyclone
08-11-2003, 04:30 PM
somehow, someway i managed to make my way all the way around the lagoon on saturday in between boat rides. i didn't get to meet everyone but i did get to see a lot of really cool boats.

cyclone
08-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Hey if you have to teach someone how to back up a trailer, at least it was a cute blonde right?

JetBoatRich
08-11-2003, 04:38 PM
I made a few trips around the lagoon and met a lot of great people. Was lucky enough to hang out with JetDriver(and Family), 75Elim, Bigamist, roostwear(and family, Julie and Scott and of course HallettDave.
Saturday Eric455 and SquezeSpectra came up from Needles with 300 jello shots, Bruce trued to finish them.
Jetdriver sure can eat the finger food jawdrop
thanks for the good time, thanks for the good time

DickDanger
08-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Ty, I got a few questions for ya, so I am gonna shoot you an e mail.
I am definitely all about meeting some new faces, and seeing the old ones (no offense Gig!!!) I hope that it didnt sound like I was bitching, cos I was just bummed that I wasnt able to meet everyone. Again, I totally dig seeing all the old boats, and the different ideas that people come up with. One dumbass kid that was about 19 asked me "Whats with all the old boats? How come there arent any new ones here?" I felt bad for him, not growing up around them, and not being able to appreciate how some of these rides look after so many years. Too me, all of these white base boats with a graphic on it all look the same.
Probably didnt help that I was sick most of the weekend, and just exhausted.....definitely not my usual self.
I had promised someone that I was gonna catch one of those catfish, and smack em on the ass with it, but Ill be damned if I can remember who it was now. -Dick "Shitty with names" Danger Out
PS Next year, I am just gonna have a big "DD" painted on my chest or something.
[ August 11, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

Jetdriver
08-11-2003, 05:42 PM
I have to say that the caravan in was something I will never forget. Everyone on the side of the freeway with the bigrigs Honking was something else. And again I had a blast and so did my family. Glad I got to go and cant wait for next year. I also heard that next year there will be a Panther Jet catagory!!! lol

JetBoatRich
08-11-2003, 05:58 PM
The start of the convoy
:(
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/78MVC-130L-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/78MVC-129L-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/78MVC-128L-med.JPG

hack job
08-11-2003, 06:10 PM
well iam glad every one had a good time ! ( also sorry you feel you didnt meet enought people( dd you meet me i was the one who told you about the boat pics)) next year will try and get more people the cance to meet every one . you have to relize that signing you up is hard and making time to do all the events and the pics was no easy ( iam not complaining i loved doing it and i will do it again next year) iam sorry we didnt have some thing to tell you to come over and sign up that is a big one on me. :confused:
oh well iam gald to hear that every one was happy with the event and hada good time.
oh and for you DD
look over here it is the offical posting site of the cbbb cbbb forums (http://classicboatbeachbash.com/forums/index.php?s=b7222f98dcc88926660eedd946b5abc8&http://www.classicboatbeachbash.com/forums/) wink

DickDanger
08-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Tyson, dont take it the wrong way, cos overall, it was well worth the trip. I was just kind of bummed that we were so spread out. I for one would be more than happy to help you out next year, and I do have some ideas. Part of the blame is on me, cos I was so sick this weekend, and just even being out in the sun was all I could do. I couldnt even make it to the awards ceremony either. Anyone that knows me from here knows that I am usually full of energy, but even getting in the boat seemed to be a chore. Anyhow, I cant thank you enough for putting this on, and will definitely see everyone at the Christmas Party. -DD Out
[ August 11, 2003, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

gigamurph
08-11-2003, 08:22 PM
"Next year though, have the kids do the root beer chug first, and THEN do all that running around with the sponges....lol."-Dick Dangerous
Hey! That was da gig's idea, ya plagarist!.....and how about a belchin' contest afterwards too!
".....(no offense Gig!!!).....-Dick Dangerous
None taken D-D-D-D-Dick.....Dangerous! Though you shall be known from this moment on as "Endangered Dick"!
We came down to see ya and it was a great pleasure to meet the man responsible for the mayhem known as Dick Dangerous! If ya hadn't flaked on us Friday night (at least Linda was havin' a good time) ya would have understood why da gigs didn't make down your way Saturday. I learned a valuable lesson on Friday; fat and sand don't mix! Geezus that sand was murder on this ol' fat guy! Was good seein' you, the disco_chargers(thanx for your hospitable sharin' of shade Fri. and Sat.), the Beautiful Noises (thanx for the licorice Deb and Steve, if I drop 100 pounds will ya give me a ride in THE boat?) 75_Elim, Bigamist, Hustler and Fuf, the HBJets, and all you otrher yahoos that I crossed paths with. That was the greatest time I've had at the River in quite awhile w/o gettin' the boat wet! Well; it was better than a kickin the nuts! Oh, and whoin the h**l put out the "Booty Call" for HalletDave Fri. night? Geezus HD, you were over the top and then some! There are alot of people walkin' around with skidmarks on their shoulders and legs; and a few of them were even in the CBBB group!
Great job hackjob and associates! Hope ya'll see your way clear to let da gigs come again next year!
Oh; and I'm sorry but I'm a real s**t with names, but whomever is the owner of the K2 Expedition that I pulled your bpatout with, I'm still sufferin' altitude sickness! Geezus that thing ws tall! :p :D

MikeF
08-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Sometimes it takes reading another post to remember who helped me to get me out on the water again wink .
Beautiful Noise......THANX for the silicone that was able to keep most of the water out for a few more passes up and down the river! I owe you one (possibly six wink ) :D .
That is a mighty fine boat you have :cool:

Hotcrusader76
08-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Again...Killer time.
Thanks Tyson and the Misses for the awesome event and a special thanks to the launch ramp guys and their undivided help on getting the boats launched.
I don't know how many times HotHallet stepped in to back me up on the ramp and more times hauling me out of it then hauling me into it :D ...LOL
I also want to appologize for my absence from the Awards Ceremony. I was delt a great hand at BlackJack and then Cyclone shows up to inform me I was tardy. Sorry about that guys...time was flyin'
Tyson....I am going to purchase more of those event T's from ya and some special items of interest for the shop. Thanks again

Hotcrusader76
08-11-2003, 10:25 PM
See what happens when you leave the two gals "G-String_Jaime" and friend out in the sun too long up river.
Where was Cyclone when this was happening...LMAO
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1370Dsc02757_2-med.jpg

DickDanger
08-11-2003, 10:32 PM
Guess that I should have said that Gig was the one that came up with the "chug first, run after" idear, but like any good plagarist, I stole it!!!
I was so out of it on Saturday, that if I actually met anyone that I didnt know before, it was hard remembering who they were. It was even worse when I got home today, and I felt like a dead man walking. Being sick sucks.
Whos boat is it that is on the CBBB t-shirt? See how bad I am with names??? That was one clean boat, and watching ya polish and wipe down everything after your runs, man, I feel your pain. Sometimes it would be nice to have some junky POS that I could drive up on the rocks, and not ever worry about anything.
I was totally into that zebra striped pontoon with the palm tree, and wicker chairs that came into the lagoon on saturday. All he needed to add was a bar with a lighted hula chick on it, and the "Pina Colada Song" on repeat, and the package would have been dialed.
Tyson, I was serious about helping out on the logistics next year. I can only imagine what a nightmare it must be to set something like this up. Hey, I scored a perfect 100 on my ASVAB in the administrative section...I got skills I tell ya!!!
-DD Out

XClutchboy725
08-12-2003, 06:13 AM
DickDanger:
Whos boat is it that is on the CBBB t-shirt? See how bad I am with names??? That was one clean boat, and watching ya polish and wipe down everything after your runs, man, I feel your pain. Sometimes it would be nice to have some junky POS that I could drive up on the rocks, and not ever worry about anything.
I think you're thinking of yours truly! Clutchboy.
...DD- and I thought you and I bonded at op6! Now my feelings are hurt. :rolleyes:
I was having serious tune-up issues all weekend. Looking back on the weekend now, I wish I said to hell with it, forgotten about the boat and socialized a lot more. Hell I even totally lost it once and bounced off Disco's boat! eek! Thank God for rub rails! Brian said he was going to sign me up for safe boating classes this Fall!!
Well, I must say that by the end of the day on Sunday, I had pretty much sorted out the jetting on the carbs and the timing issues. I got her to stop blubbering and back to revving up to 5500 in the heat. Not bad I guess...
Sorry again Brian..... cry cry
[ August 12, 2003, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: XClutchboy725 ]

DickDanger
08-12-2003, 06:52 AM
Clutchboy, you are totally right. We were parked next to eachother at OP6. See how friggin brain dead I was this weekend? Anyhow, I did end up throwing a vote for your boat. I dig how clean the motor is...very sweet.
I need a few more G String pics......-DD Out

roostwear
08-12-2003, 07:27 AM
What a great weekend! There were SO MANY people to meet, it's a bitch remembering all the names and faces as Alzheimers sets in. I didn't cruise the beach as much as I would have liked, but between keeping the lake lice from bumping my boat on the beach and trying to dial it in, I lost track of time. A special thanks to Holy Moly for pulling the truck up after launching.... the wife didn't want to launch at 7am for some reason. JBR, PP(I still like the orig name), WShuwrhr (whatever it is..Brian), SD013,Victor, SKV, DD, and SpectraBrent. It was great seeing HalletDave, OR, Cyclone, Hack Job and Flat Broke again, of course. Sorry, probably forgetting quite a few.
It was my pleasure doing what little I did to help make CBBBII a hit. I have no doubt next year will be even better as the process is refined.

Hotcrusader76
08-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Again I agree. I believe next year will be just as a smash as this one was. For such a new event I believe Tyson had a great turn-out!

DickDanger
08-12-2003, 09:56 AM
The only thing that I am wondering is I had heard that there were close to 90 boats registered. How many actually showed up? Did that many people flake on this? They missed seeing some kick ass boats for sure. Yes, I agree with Ty about the effort that went into putting this on. I wish that I had thought of this a few years ago, but I am sure glad that someone else did. And being that it is new, any bugs will get worked out. -Dick "Toothless" Danger Out

gigamurph
08-12-2003, 12:17 PM
DickDanger:
Guess that I should have said that Gig was the one that came up with the "chug first, run after" idear, but like any good plagarist, I stole it!!!
I was so out of it on Saturday, that if I actually met anyone that I didnt know before, it was hard remembering who they were. It was even worse when I got home today, and I felt like a dead man walking. Being sick sucks.
I was totally into that zebra striped pontoon with the palm tree, and wicker chairs that came into the lagoon on saturday. All he needed to add was a bar with a lighted hula chick on it, and the "Pina Colada Song" on repeat, and the package would have been dialed.
Tyson, I was serious about helping out on the logistics next year. I can only imagine what a nightmare it must be to set something like this up. Hey, I scored a perfect 100 on my ASVAB in the administrative section...I got skills I tell ya!!!
-DD Out No probs on the plagarism DD! I was just playin' ya for the little turd ya are and s**ttin' ya! :p
.....and though I don't believe my ol' girl (boat) is a total POS, it is nice not to have the worries of a high cost gel coat to sweat! Just put her on the beach and reach for that brew of choice and mooch some shade from some good friends (who won't even know you the next time!) Or, you could just leave her on the trailerall weekend! If I had put in with that current, I'd still be tryin' to get out of the lagoon! Yeah; but she's fast goin' downriver! :D
Again, great job and great times! Now, if I could just get HalletDave's skidmark off of my shoulder..... :p

Slick
08-12-2003, 12:29 PM
Well, other than the heat, it sounds like a missed another great CBBB. Hopefully we'll be able to make it next year. Fortunately there's alot of warm boating weather ahead as well as some great weekends already planned for us.

Danhercules
08-12-2003, 02:12 PM
roostwear:
JBR, PP(I still like the orig name), WShuwrhr (whatever it is..Brian), SD013,Victor, SKV, DD, and SpectraBrent. It was great seeing HalletDave, OR, Cyclone, Hack Job and Flat Broke again, of course. How loud and big do I have to get so you will remeber me?!?!?!?!??! :rolleyes: smile_sp

roostwear
08-12-2003, 02:23 PM
ROFLMAO!
No bigger, no louder eek!

Mandelon
08-12-2003, 02:43 PM
B -A - N - Z - A - I !!!!!!

Jeffery Fry
08-12-2003, 03:31 PM
BANZAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi all, Ive uploaded my pics from my camera today, got a few of the boats around the beach. Hey Dan! Banzai! Man im already wanting to go back! I think i am going to go to elsinore on sunday with the kids. THey wanted to go to the river ,but it was my weekend. LOL Any one know when and where the river run pics are going to be. Steve beautiful noise sent me 1 of me running, just wondering where the rest might be? or where ? lol
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/928river_crusie-med.jpg http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/928DCP_0519.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/928DCP_0522.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/928DCP_0523.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/928DCP_0518.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/928DCP_0516.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/928DCP_0511.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/928DCP_0559.JPG

Windy
08-12-2003, 03:39 PM
We had the best time at CBBB. The convoy was bad ass. Truckers were honking to show their appreciation for all the bitchen boats. Bigamist and Hot Hallet got some killer vids of the whole convoy.
Highlights...
Partying in the Arrow Weed Lounge friday/Saturday nite was so much fun, then moving the party to the parking lot in the middle of the nite was classic. Leslie Im waiting for those pics. Im so glad Travis didnt go to jail.
DJDPlacecraft and his crew show up at the bar with no shirts or shoes and get kicked out right away, so they come back with newspapers and rubberbands around their feet and life jackets. Both nites.
Busting Mark in the mens room ralphing trying to stay in the last man standing constest.
Everyone I met was super cool, and its always good to see all the same freaks I already know.
Running the boats through the Gorge on sunday was killer.
We ran into Charley hanging out with the family. Boat is so good looken Charley, and it was nice to meet your better half. We also saw SVO540.
Good times,
MissHBjet
HBjet posted pics in the JustJets section.
[ August 12, 2003, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: MissHBjet ]

HBjet
08-12-2003, 05:35 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/928DCP_0523.JPG
Who's boat is this?
HBjet

DickDanger
08-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Great pics, JF, and it was good to meet ya as well. I am bummed that I had to leave as well, but like everyone else, I need to recuperate from my vacation...lol. -DD Out
I remember that guy in the green boat. He was parked next to me for a while, but of course, I cant remember the name. Go figure...
[ August 12, 2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

flat broke
08-12-2003, 09:17 PM
HBjet:
Who's boat is this?
HBjet Ty and I were asking ourselves the same question all weekend, but never made it over there to find out. We used to go to Lake Isabella a lot and during that time we would always see a boat that looked VERY similar to that one. If this is the same boat, it would be a nice little piece of irony for us.
Chris

Hotcrusader76
08-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Who ever that boat belongs to nearly if not beat me on Friday going down the stretch. I was only taching 5k so who knows which was faster.
~Ty

HBjet
08-12-2003, 10:21 PM
I was only asking because it sure looks like a boat that Hustler raced about 2 years ago at Castaic when I let Hustler drive my boat and told him, don't go racing anyone. Well, once he drove off with Chestah Cheetah sitting shotgun, this boat followed him. So, they both paired up and Hustler passed him in my boat. So, I wasn't too mad because he did win. It might not be there boat, but it was an green boat just like this one with the gold anodized hardware that I remember, and the dual carb setup. I'm pretty sure it was an Eliminator bubble deck, is that what this boat is, or is it a Bahner or something else?
HBjet

BIGAMIST
08-12-2003, 10:49 PM
Randy I had almost the same thing happen with that guy at Castaic.I was driving my boat with Marcel riding shotgun pullin out of the 5mph zone at the back cove we did the side by side thing all the way to the ski zone then I took a little ass whoopin,not to bad wink .The funny thing about the whole deal was he gave me all kinds of shit because I was speeding around in the middle of the lake yet he stayed next to me start to finish :D

flat broke
08-13-2003, 08:09 AM
The boat in the picture isn't an Eliminator bubble as the deck doesn't have the small notch on the gunnel by where the driver and passenger's arm would fall. I don't have any other info on it, but it is a nice looking boat.
Chris

Jeffery Fry
08-13-2003, 08:16 AM
Hi all, I almost forgot within all the fun we had. When we wnt to check in they gave me and my wife Sue a hard time due to her Visa card showed her maiden name and licence showed curent. I left my wallet out in thetruck on the far side of the lot. When i went to go get it, A Very kind person from the group overheared the conversation and offered to put it on his card if we didnt have a Credit Card. I never did find out who they were to offer them a thanks for the offer. If you read this, let me know so the next time we see you, i can buy you a drink or even dinner. That was really nice of you! Sue found her old DL that showed her maiden name by the time i got back inside so we were ok. Of coarse i was tired from the trechous walk from the far lot lol after i got my wallet and Amex lol.
Thanks for the offer who ever you were!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/928DCP_0560.JPG
BANZAI

Hotcrusader76
08-13-2003, 08:20 AM
That swim step is a classic. I love that boat!

Jeffery Fry
08-13-2003, 08:44 AM
Thanks, I do too. I've always wanted it, no i got it and when im done with it, it will look like the day SKV pulled out of the shop and handed to the Banzai king i bought it from lol! http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/928DCP_0560.JPG

HalletDave
08-13-2003, 09:05 AM
Sorry all, I have not had a chance to post due to computer virus at Edwards AFB. :(
I had a blast. :D
Lots of great looking boats in the lagoon this past weekend. :cool:
It was great seeing familiar faces again and meeting new boating comrads. :)
What a great group of people. :)
Well I guess I will be leaving soon for Kosovo with the California Girls. I hope the ole Hallett will fit on the airplane. Maybe I can sweet talk the Air Force to fly us over on a C-5 Galaxy. :D
Thanks to those who babysat me at the bar 'til the wee hours of the morning. wink
Hallett (givin lap dances) Dave

JetBoatRich
08-13-2003, 10:05 AM
HalletDave:
Thanks to those who babysat me at the bar 'til the wee hours of the morning. wink
LMAO, so true. They lean you towards you room and let you go wink

Jetdriver
08-13-2003, 10:11 AM
Hey Rich what are you guys doing Friday night?

HotHallet
08-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Had a blast at CBBB. It was great putting names with faces and getting to know some new people. Danhercules was punishing my liver with all those shots. It was great hanging out with everyone and checking out all the clean rides. Can't wait for next year! halletdave when are you going on tour?

BIGAMIST
08-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Jetdriver:
Hey Rich what are you guys doing Friday night? Just talked to Jerry he said he's down for hangin out Friday night.

JetBoatRich
08-13-2003, 10:37 AM
Jetdriver:
Hey Rich what are you guys doing Friday night? You coming up?
I have a 7:45 game eek!

HalletDave
08-13-2003, 10:42 AM
You coming up?
I have a 7:45 game You guys are welcome to come up to my house and hang out in the cement pond. :D
Hallett (I promise, no lap dances) Dave wink

Jetdriver
08-13-2003, 10:46 AM
Well thats very nice Dave! We are going to be hangin in the valley Friday night. You are more than welcome to join us as well.

Jeffery Fry
08-13-2003, 11:48 AM
Thanks "wsuwrhr" for your generousity at the time we checked in. That was very nice of you to offer to put the room on your card. Let me know when you get this, and if your around my way and I will return the generousity.
B A N S A I
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/928DCP_0560.JPG

wsuwrhr
08-13-2003, 03:09 PM
Jeffery Fry:
I never did find out who they were to offer them a thanks for the offer. If you read this, let me know so the next time we see you, i can buy you a drink or even dinner. That was really nice of you!
Thanks for the offer who ever you were!
That was me, you are welcome.
No problem, I could just see that happening to me 200 miles from home.
I would have done it for anyone in the group, well anyone but RD. haha.
Brian
[ August 13, 2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

old rigger
08-13-2003, 03:20 PM
flat broke:
HBjet:
Who's boat is this?
HBjet Ty and I were asking ourselves the same question all weekend, but never made it over there to find out. We used to go to Lake Isabella a lot and during that time we would always see a boat that looked VERY similar to that one. If this is the same boat, it would be a nice little piece of irony for us.
Chris that's a Bahner.
The 2 knuckle heads in the boat were beached next to us on Thursday morn, maybe it was Friday, and they couldn't figure out what the problem was with their ride. They'd get as far as the edge of the cove and they'd have to paddle back in or be towed. They worked on it for an hour or so before they realized they were out of gas. They offered me a ride, but I declined. That thing was held together with duct tape and bailing wire.
Really.
Oh, they weren't part of or knew anything about the CBBBBBBB
[ August 13, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: old rigger ]

wsuwrhr
08-13-2003, 03:28 PM
RiverDave:
I would have done it for anyone in the group, well anyone but RD. haha.
Brian Hey RD, just giving you shit to see if you were lurking in this thread. I'm just kidding dude. Lighten up. haha
Brian
[ August 13, 2003, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

hack job
08-14-2003, 07:54 AM
the drama you speak of dave was almost no exsitant. to my knowledge. i know there were a few words said and that is that but it went well other wise. i think both sides are moving past it. wink

DickDanger
08-14-2003, 09:21 AM
I saw who you are speaking of at the Avi, RD, and things seemed like they were mellow with that person. I didnt speak to them, but they seemed like they were having a good time. -DD Out

gigamurph
08-14-2003, 01:31 PM
DickDanger:
I saw who you are speaking of at the Avi, RD, and things seemed like they were mellow with that person. I didnt speak to them, but they seemed like they were having a good time. -DD Out Yeah; as a matter of fact
I did have a good time! Anytime ol' DD is around and he doesn't snake your freakin' chair, it's a good time!.....and we did speak, like it or not, don't deny it! :p :p :p :p :p :D
[ August 14, 2003, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: gigamurph ]

cyclone
08-14-2003, 01:33 PM
i can vouch for gig having a good time. i saw it firsthand and it scared me. :D

JetBoatRich
08-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Gig it is alright, we talked a few times last weekend eek! Friday was funny by the water, you could not stand the heat from the sand cry

gigamurph
08-14-2003, 10:19 PM
cyclone:
i can vouch for gig having a good time. i saw it firsthand and it scared me. :D Hey now! I was on my best behavior all day, both days! Friday night? That's a different story! Nah, I was good then too. H**l cyclone, from lookin' at the pix, I'd have to say that I'd be scary whether I was havin' a good time or not! Geeeeezus!
:p :D

gigamurph
08-14-2003, 10:24 PM
JetBoatRich:
Gig it is alright, we talked a few times last weekend eek! Friday was funny by the water, you could not stand the heat from the sand cry Oh?.....and "Santa" didn't have a problem with the sand? That friggin' crap was hotter than a popcorn fart in a pair of leather pants!.....and the damn water was colder than the sody pops I was drinkin'! The ol' lady thought she was goin' to have a heart attack the first tme she got in the water! I don't care what anybody says, I had a good time and you're not gonna talk me out of it! Sooooo.....neener-neener-neener.....When are we doin' that again?
:p :D

cyclone
08-15-2003, 07:52 AM
gig you know we love ya! (not in a gay way of course!)
I didnt notice the sand was too hot. i just walked along the water's edge or waded in a few feet so that i could get a look at all that badass hardware gleaming in the bilge of all those classic boats.
Anybody see that sick yellow blown placecraft (southwind)?? very nice!
the water was definately refreshing. I stopped all day long to jump in and cool off.

gigamurph
08-15-2003, 10:28 AM
cyclone:
gig you know we love ya! (not in a gay way of course!)
I didnt notice the sand was too hot. i just walked along the water's edge or waded in a few feet so that i could get a look at all that badass hardware gleaming in the bilge of all those classic boats.
Anybody see that sick yellow blown placecraft (southwind)?? very nice!
the water was definately refreshing. I stopped all day long to jump in and cool off. Yeah, that "whatever it was" looked and sounded nasty but he didn't have any hole at all. He'd punch it and just sit there like he was on "spin cycle"!.....and anything over 3000RPM was a definite WTF! Crapped and farted all over himself all day!
BUT HE DID LOOK GOOD! He, as in his boat, ya fags!
Beautiful Noise and I stood there and watched him come in, blipped the throttle while doin' a 180 right in the middle of some tie-ups and created all sorts of havoc. We looked at each other and said "Jacka**!" at the same time! Maybe he just thought he was closer to a boat or something. :D
.....and that water wasn't refreshin'! It was FREAKIN' A** COLD! I noticed that there were alot of blue.....uh.....b-b-b-b-boats out there. So; boats turn blue too? I wonder if they double-up and puke if ya kick 'em in the jet. :p
[ August 15, 2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: gigamurph ]

victorfb
08-15-2003, 10:28 AM
well, everyone told me the sand was hot, but i couldnt tell. :p i did the same as cyclone. just stay in the wet stuff.
i saw a bunch of killer boats. then again, most anything looks good compared to mine...lol but atleast mine is still going. ready for another trip. :D
you guys have some awsome rides and im so glad i was able to see the show and meet so many really cool and friendly people.

JetBoatRich
08-15-2003, 12:06 PM
gigamurph:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cyclone:
[qb] Beautiful Noise and I stood there and watched him come in, blipped the throttle while doin' a 180 right in the middle of some tie-ups and created all sorts of havoc. We looked at each other and said "Jacka**!" at the same time! Maybe he just thought he was closer to a boat or something. :D
..... I saw that move and wondered what the heck he was doing, thought maybe you scared him out of there devil

gigamurph
08-15-2003, 12:16 PM
JetBoatRich
..... [/qb]I saw that move and wondered what the heck he was doing, thought maybe you scared him out of there devil [/QB][/QUOTE]
So it wasn't just our "old farts'" imagination! That was not a classy move at all. Who scare 'em? Not me! I'm just a big, ol' lovable puppy!
:p

cyclone
08-15-2003, 01:35 PM
i never saw the boat run, but it sure had alot of bling bling!

disco_charger
08-16-2003, 07:15 AM
cyclone:
i never saw the boat run, but it sure had alot of bling bling! Pops and I talked to him for a while. It's a Greg Shoemaker deal. It has to be one of the cleanest rigged boats I've ever seen. The guy was moaning about how expensive it was to build that FI blown Ford. He said that the boat sucks air really bad and won't hook up. I saw him on the water, and he never really got into it. He'd punch the throttle and get out of it right away. Hard to say how fast it was.
Now to give my relavent and important take. Good job to the organizers and those involved. I think the unsung heros of this thing were Hack Job's and Flat Broke's better halves (they're much better looking too.) The ladies kind of held the event together. I met many of you for the first time, and got to see some people I hadn't seen in a long time. Good times, beautiful boats. Wish I'd fixed my dead hole earlier. Damn expensive spark plugs. I have pics, and will post them later.
ATTENTION! A word of caution to all of you who may come into contact with XClutchboy....If you hear him yell "RAMMING SPEED", get the hell out of the way!
Favorite quote: "Daddy, that wasn't fun, his boat's too slow!"
Disco

old rigger
08-16-2003, 07:52 AM
that guy with the blown yellow Southwind tunnel has a place down in willow valley. His friend was there the day before with his 16 foot mandella, the one with the shark face painted on the side.
The guy with the southwind was beached right next to us and he never mentiond shoemaker once, in fact he told me he did the entire boat! Maybe he should take it to shoe, he might be able to get it to hook up.

disco_charger
08-16-2003, 09:44 AM
Funny, he didn't mention it to you. We talked about the pump, and he said Shoe did it. My Dad gave him a startled look, cause my Dad likes Shoemaker a lot. I kind of got the feeling that a lot of the problem was driver induced, but I didn't really want to bash the guy. I think the boat is still in the dial in stage. Just a discussion we had on the beach. He told us Shoe did all of his motor work and some of the rigging....? Maybe he was bullshitting one of us. Was real interested in how my Dad's boat hooked up. He had a lot of pretty parts, but kind of got the feeling that if someone told him it was good, or he liked the advertisement, he bought it. Anyone know this guy? I'd actually really like to find out what Shoe hung under the boat, so we can get a baseline on Dad's, if in fact Shoemaker did the pump...
Disco
By the way, as an update on Pops boat, there were three 12 ga wires stuffed into a 16 ga single wire connector under the gunnel that gave up. Everytime the connector moved (boat bounced) the wires would disconnect.... :rolleyes: Funny what kind of crap will keep you on the beach.

gigamurph
08-16-2003, 10:14 AM
Oh; so ol' d_c has finally chosen to grace us with his presence! All hail and bow! Or is that all bail and blow? :p :D
It was great seein' you guys again and meetin' "da ol' man"! He was a gas! Or was that me with gas? Thanx for your hospitality and tell Tanya that the kid will be fine in spite of the conversations that were goin' down on Sat.! da gigisms that I handed down will build "A" good character! You guys are good people; I don't care what everyone else was sayin' about ya! :p
BTW; glad to hear that "the electrical problem" was not a major fix!
Hope to see you guys at OP6C-6 in Oct.; Lord knows I could use the shade! :p :D

rivertard
08-17-2003, 05:29 AM
(old rigger) Rich hows the knee any more swan dives off ride plate. just kidding I hope your ok. As for that 77 southwind dragster the owner is paul pafundi of highland, ca. shoemaker did pump work. he did a complete rework of the pump.Dont know about motor. The boat was hot boat of the month , april 2003. look in hot boat for info.

old rigger
08-17-2003, 07:42 AM
Mike,
I don't get hot boat, but my barber does. I'll have to check out that issue next time I'm there.
That boat was a looker though, very nice. You could eat off it. The guy with the mandella was going to give me his number for some parts he had stashed away. he got away on Sat before I got it.
I can't remember his name, but maybe I can track him down through Paul.
The knee's ****ed. I was in and out of the hospital when we got home on Tueday. Xrays showed no broken bones and they did a ultra sound to check for clots and that's fine too. Only problem is I can't walk on it. As soon as I stand up, the leg from the knee to my ankle, puffs up twice it's size. I don't know what's going on in there but somethings not right. Already had 2 knee surgries and really don't want another, but I
have to go see a regular knee hack Dr next week and see whats what.
I wish I had a pic of the look on your face as I fell outa the back of that boat. It was almost worth the fall to see that.
Nice to meet you by the way, great family.

gigamurph
08-17-2003, 08:48 PM
old rigger:
Mike,
I don't get hot boat, but my barber does. I'll have to check out that issue next time I'm there.
That boat was a looker though, very nice. You could eat off it. The guy with the mandella was going to give me his number for some parts he had stashed away. he got away on Sat before I got it.
I can't remember his name, but maybe I can track him down through Paul.
The knee's ****ed. I was in and out of the hospital when we got home on Tueday. Xrays showed no broken bones and they did a ultra sound to check for clots and that's fine too. Only problem is I can't walk on it. As soon as I stand up, the leg from the knee to my ankle, puffs up twice it's size. I don't know what's going on in there but somethings not right. Already had 2 knee surgries and really don't want another, but I
have to go see a regular knee hack Dr next week and see whats what.
I wish I had a pic of the look on your face as I fell outa the back of that boat. It was almost worth the fall to see that.
Nice to meet you by the way, great family. Just bein' nosy; but that boat ya fell out of didn't happen to be a Four Winns by the dock on the River next to the ramp; did it? Saw some guy take a header off the back of a Four Winns just as I topped the hill. Looked scary as h**L! eek!

hack job
08-17-2003, 08:48 PM
OR give me a call next week i want to talk to you about a few things wink
also i hope your knee is ok when i saw that on fri i wanted to drive you to the hospital . :(
i hope all works out ok.

gigamurph
08-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Nevermind! The incident I saw was on Sat. afternoon and, after re-readin' the original post, I don't think Four Winns come with a ride plate. DOH! :p
Hope your knee gets to doin' better or!
[ August 17, 2003, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: gigamurph ]

old rigger
08-18-2003, 06:32 AM
thanks guys, the knee is much better today. I'm gonna blow off going back to the Dr for a few days and see what happens.
murph...I fell out of my own boat. I just had tied up the bow to the anchor and my son tied off the transom to the beach. I had that launch/beach pass they gave us in the hotel in my teeth. I was just going to jump over the side and put the pass in Lori's purse, but I looked over the side of the flattie and the bottom drooped off right where I was gonna jump in. I didn't want to get that pass wet so, went to the back of the boat where the water was only 2 feet deep, swung my leg over the transom and stepped on the cav plates. Before I knew what hit me I was face first in the water and my leg was tangled up in the plate assembly.
Ended up getting the pass wet.

gigamurph
08-18-2003, 12:29 PM
old rigger:
thanks guys, the knee is much better today. I'm gonna blow off going back to the Dr for a few days and see what happens.
murph...I fell out of my own boat. I just had tied up the bow to the anchor and my son tied off the transom to the beach. I had that launch/beach pass they gave us in the hotel in my teeth. I was just going to jump over the side and put the pass in Lori's purse, but I looked over the side of the flattie and the bottom drooped off right where I was gonna jump in. I didn't want to get that pass wet so, went to the back of the boat where the water was only 2 feet deep, swung my leg over the transom and stepped on the cav plates. Before I knew what hit me I was face first in the water and my leg was tangled up in the plate assembly.
Ended up getting the pass wet. Damn or! that sounds painful! Sorry dude! After I re-read the original post, i knew that they weren't talkin' about the same incident. Think hard about not goin' to the doctor. I have two bad knees, mostlyfrom my weight, but also have been told by doctors that if I had taken care of this before, I wouldn't be havin' near the problems that I have. I gyess they meant that I should have stayed on the crutches and not throw them away and continue to play football when I was a kid!.....and yes, we did have helmets w/ facemasks! OK boys and girls; here's another one for the "boating accidents files"! :p :D
BTW, or; maybe a nice set of handrails would help? :D