PDA

View Full Version : When's the next Martinez rally?

78Eliminator
08-16-2002, 09:12 AM
Let's make plans and tear that place up!

cal-air
08-16-2002, 09:16 AM
78Eliminator:
Let's make plans and tear that place up!This way you can make an executive decision and not show up! :rolleyes:

78Eliminator
08-16-2002, 09:17 AM
cal-air:
78Eliminator:
Let's make plans and tear that place up!This way you can make an executive decision and not show up! :rolleyes: You're just jealous that your boat cant float in 2 feet of water!

Hallett19
08-16-2002, 09:44 AM
Yeah, the executive decision is that we are going for labor day weekend. Look us up, macking ladies and OWNING the sandbar. :cool:

78Eliminator
08-16-2002, 09:48 AM
Hallett19:
Yeah, the executive decision is that we are going for labor day weekend. Look us up, macking ladies and OWNING the sandbar. :cool: Cool. Will be there; just not sure who is coming with me yet.....
[ August 20, 2002, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Screaming Pete
08-16-2002, 10:32 AM
This weekend is going to be huge for the "River Pigs" big party planed. I can't make it though i have a wedding to go to. But Labor Day :cool: is going to be my next trip. wink

HBjet
08-16-2002, 10:34 AM
78Eliminator:
Cool. Will be there with cousins, some of them female....You are one kinky bastard!

Kwicherbichen
08-19-2002, 03:53 AM
Labor Day weekend for me too. I'm trying to go from Aug. 29th - Sept. 2nd. Hopefully I can get work to cooperate.

78Eliminator
08-19-2002, 09:36 AM
HBjet:
78Eliminator:
Cool. Will be there with cousins, some of them female....You are one kinky bastard!Yeah, whatever.

Lightning
08-19-2002, 12:33 PM
We will be there for Labor Day weekend. It looks like it is shaping up to be completely out of control. :D

San Diego
08-19-2002, 12:41 PM
We are in as well! Lightning, how was last weekend?

Lightning
08-19-2002, 03:19 PM
SD,
Last weekend was a ton of fun, we hung at the usual spot with the usual people. I took a midday cruise down to the party sandbar and hung out with kwicherbichin' for a few. We did a bit of wake-boarding on Ferguson at sunset, had a killer BBQ at the house. On Sunday went down to clear lake. How was Hawaii?

78Eliminator
08-19-2002, 03:42 PM
Lucky me! BG Fuel systems wont have my fuel pressure regulator back to me in time for Labor Day.

San Diego
08-19-2002, 07:31 PM
The islands are always fun, hard not to have a good time. Weather wasn't great cloudy and rainy during the day. Only had 2 days of sun out of 10. Thought about coming home early to join you guys on the water, but it didn't happen. Labor Day will be here soon enough.

SD MIKEY
08-20-2002, 12:06 AM
We are going too, hope to hook up with some of you for some river sodas!

Hallett19
08-20-2002, 03:20 AM
78Eliminator:
Lucky me! BG Fuel systems wont have my fuel pressure regulator back to me in time for Labor Day.Yeah.....lucky you :)

TOBTEK
08-20-2002, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Screaming Pete:
This weekend is going to be huge for the "River Pigs" big party planed. I can't make it though i have a wedding to go to. But Labor Day :cool: is going to be my next trip. wink [/QUOTES
S/P......I have a empty spot behind my truck, I'll be a good friend and test the mach out for ya. OK, I'll even throw a fresh coat of wax on as well.....What are friends for :D

Screaming Pete
08-21-2002, 06:52 AM
Tobtek, I love the smell of fresh wax in the morning I see what i got :cool:

Screaming Pete
08-21-2002, 07:30 AM
78Eliminator:
Lucky me! BG Fuel systems wont have my fuel pressure regulator back to me in time for Labor Day.WHAT!!!! you got to be kidding me, what are the options here? What can i do. Labor day is a must :confused:

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-22-2002, 02:58 PM
hey kwicherbichen, where you at? are you gonna be there for this labor day thingy at martinez or wha? just got back today, great wx, 1 of 3 boats on the whole damn place. sure was a great change o pace, BUT uhhhh, i am ready for sum par-tay, 4th of julio style. lets do this... :p

Lightning
08-22-2002, 03:47 PM
T minus 8 days to departure.....
The official list reads as follows:
Lightning
78Eliminator
Hallett19
Screaming Pete
Kwicherbichen
San Diego
SD MIKEY
PICKLEtheLOAD
SLOPOKE
Who else?.....
[ August 24, 2002, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Lightning ]

SLO POKE
08-22-2002, 06:03 PM
I will know as soon as my father in law says he is watchen the kid I hope to be out there!!!!! :D

Kwicherbichen
08-22-2002, 10:22 PM
PICKLEtheLOAD:
hey kwicherbichen, where you at? are you gonna be there for this labor day thingy at martinez or wha? just got back today, great wx, 1 of 3 boats on the whole damn place. sure was a great change o pace, BUT uhhhh, i am ready for sum par-tay, 4th of julio style. lets do this... :p Broham, I am soooooo down for this. I just got some extra days off from work and the kids are staying with Grandma. WoooooooHooooooo! I will ask Kim if we are bringing an additional guest that you might want to meet eek!
Whats up with the Frog? Is he going?
Maybe everyone can post a pic of their boat this time that way I'll know what to look for. I know PTL's, Lightnings, and Froggys
[ August 22, 2002, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Kwicherbichen ]

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-22-2002, 10:59 PM
oh hell yeah, bring mail and see what happens to it! froggy is NOT going to be there so you had better KNOT mention that again! we'll be ayright though. hallet is running a ganglo of wattage and that will make it happen. no kids? what are you going to blame all the sloppy pictures on?????? we roll, we roll NOW! i WILL strike it down like its my Jooooooooooooob! fellas, the enemy has been sighted, lets make uncle SAM proud! Pick, out!

Kwicherbichen
08-22-2002, 11:03 PM
PICKLEtheLOAD:
No kids? what are you going to blame all the sloppy pictures on??????My new website....hehe The link is in your mail

Lightning
08-23-2002, 03:09 PM
FYI - My lady might be importing multiple bags of mail for the weekend. The quality of the packaging has not been verified so we will need an initial inspection prior to the unpacking. Who is going take on this task?.?.?.

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-23-2002, 04:45 PM
I go! just got my QUAL and want to give it a run. should be a blast...lookin forward to seeing Ari and his crew again. :p

SLO POKE
08-23-2002, 07:02 PM
Iam going for sure ! we will be there by 3 on the water by 330 c-ya :D

fryzll
08-27-2002, 08:49 PM
Wow, havnt been on the board for a while. Ill be there Saturday afternoon due to the month end paperwork thing but oh well. Hey Brian, I will keep a eye out for you Sunday, we usually head up to Picacho after we hit the big sandbar, keep a lookout for my boat, same as yours but brown and white. Hey PTL, a buddy of mine said someone with a Ultra was inquiring about another buddy of ours PlaceCraft, would that be you? They described your boat. Just curious. Hope to meet up w/ some of you, c-ya

Kwicherbichen
08-27-2002, 11:19 PM
fryzll:
Wow, havnt been on the board for a while. Ill be there Saturday afternoon due to the month end paperwork thing but oh well. Hey Brian, I will keep a eye out for you Sunday, we usually head up to Picacho after we hit the big sandbar, keep a lookout for my boat, same as yours but brown and white. Hey buddy, long time no see you on the board. I will be at the big sandbar Saturday for sure. I'll probably park on the left side (down river side) this time. Look for me and my wife somewhere near the Challenger. You know it has new gel coat now right? Instead of disco purple it's white/blue/yellow now thanks to Havasu Barney.

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-28-2002, 09:09 AM
fryzll:
Hey PTL, a buddy of mine said someone with a Ultra was inquiring about another buddy of ours PlaceCraft, would that be you? They described your boat. Just curious. Hope to meet up w/ some of you, c-yauhhhhmmmmmmmm???? you should know that i live my life in a haze, so it coulda been. tell you what, we'll meet up on saturday at the sb, and we'll get some beeers and get to the bottom of this one... :p

Lightning
08-28-2002, 12:18 PM
t-minus 2 days and counting............... :D

Screaming Pete
08-28-2002, 02:40 PM
Lightning:
T minus 8 days to departure.....
The official list reads as follows:
Lightning
78Eliminator
Hallett19
Screaming Pete
Kwicherbichen
San Diego
SD MIKEY
PICKLEtheLOAD
SLOPOKE
Who else?.....Shall we meet at high noon (12:00pm-err-lunch time
for all you) at the big sand bar on saturday and take it from thier??? :cool: I think PTL boat is the most reconisable, do you (PTL) think you could park it for a 1/2 hour our so :p

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-28-2002, 02:55 PM
[/QUOTE]Shall we meet at high noon (12:00pm-err-lunch time
for all you) at the big sand bar on saturday and take it from thier??? :cool: I think PTL boat is the most reconisable, do you (PTL) think you could park it for a 1/2 hour our so :p [/QB][/QUOTE]
dude, are you french with that spelling of recognizable? (in the voice of groundskeeper Willie) Bonjourrrrrrrrrrr, you cheese eatin' surrender monkies!" sorry Pete, been waitin for that lay up. Yeah, sounds good, 1200, saturday, big sandbar. look for H19's brown (poo-poo)hallet too! bring your dancin' shoes....IT IS ON! :p

78Eliminator
08-28-2002, 02:58 PM
Two things:
Directions to Martinez from SD...
Where the F is the "big sandbar" (how far up river from martinez)
J-Dawg.....

Screaming Pete
08-28-2002, 03:03 PM
Damm!! PTL I've been accused of a lot of things but NEVER French, "I hate them basterds"...and you can Quote me on that .....you ver ate that brie cheese, yuck..give me some california chedder any day...and thats not even the start of it..I could go on ...But its time to do this RIVER THING, Got Pimp Juice?? :cool:

Screaming Pete
08-28-2002, 03:08 PM
78Eliminator:
Two things:
J-Dawg.....OK, 8 east, for you go aprox.220miles from home.take the fortuna rode offramp 14 miles from the cal/az line. make left go approx 2.5 miles and make a right onto 95 north. go north approx 15 miles to Martinez lake road and make a left.you can only make aa left 13miles to the lake/riverfrom thier.total miles 235 ish.
www.martinezlake.com (http://www.martinezlake.com)

Screaming Pete
08-28-2002, 03:12 PM
78Eliminator:
Two things:
J-Dawg.....about 4-5 miles up river just past the ski bouys thier are usualy 2-4 sand bars in a row and you will know which is the big one :D

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-28-2002, 03:13 PM
78Eliminator:
Two things:
J-Dawg.....J- Dawg, huh? I dont know why, but i thought you were going to Parker. Anyway, 8 East to Fortuna exit (just passed Yuma), to 95 North. From there, it depends on where you are staying????? where are you staying? Also, big Sandbar: cruise up river from Martinez, river will fork, stay right, its about 3 miles up from there (the fork). Call me if you need GPS longs and lats, but you can normally see people standing on them, hence sandbar. :p

78Eliminator
08-28-2002, 03:17 PM
PICKLEtheLOAD:
where are you staying? :p You tell me? Where should I stay? Is it too late for reservations? I might just pass out on the bow but I might bring some friends that wont dig sleeping on the ground or in the car like I do (female).
J

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-28-2002, 04:10 PM
78Eliminator:
PICKLEtheLOAD:
where are you staying? :p You tell me? Where should I stay? Is it too late for reservations? I might just pass out on the bow but I might bring some friends that wont dig sleeping on the ground or in the car like I do (female).
Juhhhhh, can anyone in here tell me how i became Justin's social consultant/planner? see ya at the sandbar :p

78Eliminator
08-28-2002, 04:13 PM
PICKLEtheLOAD:
uhhhhh, can anyone in here tell me how i became Justin's social consultant/planner? see ya at the sandbar :p A brutha ask fo a little help, den get stomped out. Shoot.
J Dawg

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-28-2002, 05:28 PM
awww, im saw-wee. you know i got your back.

fryzll
08-28-2002, 06:11 PM
PICKLEtheLOAD:
uhhhhmmmmmmmm???? you should know that i live my life in a haze, so it coulda been. tell you what, we'll meet up on saturday at the sb, and we'll get some beeers and get to the bottom of this one... :p Wish I could on Saturday but I wont be there till around 7:00 pm. I'll be out Sunday and Monday and we will have the radar gun if anyone wants to get some #'s on their floats. There should be some stout boats running up at Picacho on Sunday. We usually wait till later in the day when the air temp goes down, makes quite a difference.
Chris

SLO POKE
08-28-2002, 08:57 PM
We will most likley be at that sandbar all day ! my boat says SLO POKE on the back ! :rolleyes:

SD MIKEY
08-28-2002, 11:00 PM
We will be at the sandbar too. Purple and white open bow, no motor cover, says WASABI.

Screaming Pete
08-29-2002, 07:15 AM
I'll have the picklefork with the 300 promax that says mercury :p :D

San Diego
08-29-2002, 10:40 AM
Pete, What color is your boat?

Screaming Pete
08-29-2002, 11:41 AM
my boat is a Mach 22 DCB white base dark blue, burgendy and grey with black windsheild and the cowling matches the paint :cool:

Screaming Pete
08-29-2002, 11:45 AM
PICKLEtheLOAD:
awww, im saw-wee. you know i got your back.PTL, Where are you guys staying at?? :confused:

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-29-2002, 12:05 PM
the marine corps setup they have there at martinez, on the northeastern edge of the lake itself. where you at?

Lightning
08-29-2002, 12:10 PM
PTL - When are you heading out?

Screaming Pete
08-29-2002, 01:00 PM
PICKLEtheLOAD:
the marine corps setup they have there at martinez, on the northeastern edge of the lake itself. where you at?I'll be at my place Pruitt City the park models the back row #46 second one inside the fence green trim next to the tan trim wink

Kwicherbichen
08-29-2002, 03:38 PM
Leavin right now suckas. Big Sandbar all 3 days. You can find me with PTL and H19. Staying in Pruit City. Last 5th wheel before the park models in the back row.

TOBTEK
08-29-2002, 03:47 PM
this really sucks reading about all you guys going out there and I'll be here at work! are you guys staying out there mon or tues? frown

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-29-2002, 03:56 PM
Lightning:
PTL - When are you heading out?friday nite. ETA: 10ish. you? where's your spot? are you guys staying at that same trailer at martinez?

PICKLEtheLOAD
08-29-2002, 03:58 PM
Screaming Pete:
PICKLEtheLOAD:
the marine corps setup they have there at martinez, on the northeastern edge of the lake itself. where you at?I'll be at my place Pruitt City the park models the back row #46 second one inside the fence green trim next to the tan trim wink where the hell is pruitt? BTW, all this talk of trim is making me hoppy! :p

Lightning
08-29-2002, 04:59 PM
PICKLEtheLOAD:
Lightning:
PTL - When are you heading out?friday nite. ETA: 10ish. you? where's your spot? are you guys staying at that same trailer at martinez?Check your email.

San Diego
08-29-2002, 05:15 PM
Sounds like this is going to be a really mellow weekend. I sure hope the badmitten net is set up!

Lightning
08-29-2002, 06:59 PM
San Diego:
Sounds like this is going to be a really mellow weekend. I sure hope the badmitten net is set up!Wassup Chris? I heard it just you and Sandy going out on this weekend. Do you have room for a few people on your boat on Saturday? I may need some help getting a few people up to the sandbar. Make sure you stop by on Friday night for a beer or 12, I will be there around 5:00 pm.

San Diego
08-30-2002, 05:32 AM
I think I may be able to transport some female cargo. There is a weight limit on my little boat, so small females are usually welcome. I know that's never a problem with you guys! We will come by this evening. I'm estimating a 9ish arrival as well.

Rubths
08-30-2002, 07:33 AM
I'll be out there tonight. Look for the yellow 19ft miller with a yellow top, it will be at our boat dock on the right side of fishers launch ramps. Come buy for a river soda!

SLO POKE
08-30-2002, 07:34 AM
Its fri 830am :D we are leaving as soon as my wife gets here ass in gear!!!!!
DRUNK CHICKS DIG ME

San Diego
08-30-2002, 07:40 AM
Rubths, Right side looking at the water or the store?

Lightning
08-30-2002, 08:48 AM
It's 10 a.m., I'm leaving the office, packing the truck and then I'm gone. See ya at the river.

San Diego
08-30-2002, 09:02 AM
Must be nice! Some of us have til work until 2. Watch out for the radar carrying, roof mounted disco light, coppers.

Rubths
08-30-2002, 12:23 PM
San Diego:
Rubths, Right side looking at the water or the store?Standing at the fuel doc looking at the water its on the right side. Cant miss it, only house with a 3 boat doc and there should be 2 or 3 boats there.

Lightning
09-02-2002, 08:34 PM
The weekend at the river was good times. We had a decent showing of people at the sandbar, no boating accidents that I heard of. I do have pics and will post them shortly. :D

Lightning
09-02-2002, 08:56 PM
This is my first attempt posting pictures, hopefully it will work......
Kwicherbitchen & his lady hangin' out at the sandbar. http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/DSC00058-1.JPG
"SanDiego" hangin' out having a beer. http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/DSC00065-1.JPG
78Elim pulling up to the sandbar in the back, PTL's motor in the foreground. http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/DSC00066-1.JPG
Lightning, Kwicherbitchen and their ladies having drinks at the bar. http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/DSC00091-1.JPG
YOU'VE GOT MAIL!!! http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/DSC00048-1.JPG
[ September 02, 2002, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: Lightning ]

Kwicherbichen
09-03-2002, 12:17 AM
Worked pretty good Ari! We had a great time and can't wait for the next. The pics are kinda blue though. It was fun meeting your crew, they were some funny people. Much thanks to you & Dev for the hospitality. wink
PTL, great seeing you again brutha. Kim and I swung by Sunday night to give you a ride to Ari's but you had bailed.
Screamin Pete nice meeting you and the wife. Nice boat and anchor. I gotta get me one of those.
San Diego, good to finally meet you. Where were you Sunday?
78Eliminator, that was a short visit? Didn't you say, "Let's make plans and tear that place up!
SD Mikey and Rubths (which means Rub This, who knew?) I have to party with you guys next trip. These guys are outta control. BTW, sorry I didn't swing by the pad. We were late for dinner at Lighting's place and when I saw you at the dock as we were rollin into the launch I had to pinch one off. Next time definately!
Slo Poke, drunk chics dig you bro! Great meeting you and the wife.
BBC502? or something like that (Bill). Nice restoration job, that Ultra looks new j/k :D
Hallet19, hey focker...where were you?
Yeah, the executive decision is that we are going for labor day weekend. Look us up, macking ladies and OWNING the sandbar PTL had to hold down the fort without a wing man. :(
Fryzll, never did see ya if you were there. :(
All in all it was a fantastic trip and I got to put more faces with names. The only thing I really missed was the chick fight. Anyone got pics?
Can't wait for the next one. :D

San Diego
09-03-2002, 07:16 AM
Kwicherbichen, It was great meeting you guys. Sunday, I came around the sandbar and Lightning started heading up river and we followed him. I thought he may convinced you to go to Picacho. I drove by the place you were staying Mon. morning to see if you were outside, but probably too early. Our next trip is the 21st. A big THANKS for the opportunity to grab a ride home with you guys.
Good fun and glad to have gotten a chance to meet some on this board. But I know there are more of you who don't post, step up, it is a good way to keep in touch when not on the water.
Chris

78Eliminator
09-03-2002, 08:23 AM
The weekend was awesome. PTL was a complete bro in every sense. He took us in, gave us alcohol, a place to sleep and let me borrow his spare tire (don't ask. two blowouts in one trip). I was a bit of a weenie because I was so tired from the work week and wrenching on the boat every night before I got there so my "party stamina" was at an all time low. Sorry about that PTL.
Anyway, it was nice to meet some new faces at the sandbar and I look forward to the next trip. I am glad I left early Sunday because I spent a good portion of it looking for a place to get new tires for the trailer. I had a blowout on the way there and going home I had another one that blew the fender right off my trailer. I shred.
Justin

Hustler
09-03-2002, 08:26 AM
78Eliminator:
The weekend was awesome. PTL was a complete bro in every sense. He took us in, gave us alcohol, a place to sleep and let me borrow his spare tire (don't ask. two blowouts in one trip). I was a bit of a weenie because I was so tired from the work week and wrenching on the boat every night before I got there so my "party stamina" was at an all time low. Sorry about that PTL.
Anyway, it was nice to meet some new faces at the sandbar and I look forward to the next trip. I am glad I left early Sunday because I spent a good portion of it looking for a place to get new tires for the trailer. I had a blowout on the way there and going home I had another one that blew the fender right off my trailer. I shred.
JustinLooks like you used all that pimp juice working on your boat :D :D

Screaming Pete
09-03-2002, 08:48 AM
It was a KICK ASS weekend for SCREAMING PETE and the MRS... Lots of driving getting the Kids to Grandma's house but man was it worth it.First of all sorry I didn't make it to the sandber till 6pm on sat. but once we got on the water we went way up river it was very nice :cool: 78Elem,aka HOLLEY TECH :p It was great to see you get that ride of yours running and your do whatever it takes attitude. PTL and Kwicherbichen it was great to put names with faces and once again see PTL boat screaming down river.What did you guys do on sunday? Just hang out on that little peice of sand when thier a whole river to be run? You guys need bigger gas tanks :p

Screaming Pete
09-03-2002, 08:51 AM
78Eliminator:
JustinJustin, Musta left all that PIMP JUICE in that MAXI PAD? :p

78Eliminator
09-03-2002, 09:07 AM
Screaming Pete:
Justin, Musta left all that PIMP JUICE in that MAXI PAD? :p Well, new tires, fenders and bunks and my trailer is golden. I am actually having fun fixing everything and bringing everything up to par.....

Froggystyle
09-03-2002, 10:00 AM
Justin,
Purely out of curiosity... I know you have a comparitively light boat, and a dual axle trailer. What kind of tires did you have on the trailer? I know your fenders were hating it, but were they trailer tires, or low-profile radials?
I ask because I kept grenading newer car radials on my picklefork, and once I switched to trailer radials I have not had any dramas.

Screaming Pete
09-03-2002, 10:03 AM
Froggy, Where were you this weekend? Did you put that fine ride of yours in the water anywhere?

78Eliminator
09-03-2002, 10:10 AM
Froggystyle:
I ask because I kept grenading newer car radials on my picklefork, and once I switched to trailer radials I have not had any dramas.You nailed it Wes. They are low pro radials.....
I replaced them all with used ones from some drunk guy in El Centro and figured they might last me the rest of the season. Am I wrong?

SLO POKE
09-03-2002, 12:35 PM
That was very cool & everybody has very nice boats
it was nice to meet everyone i cant wait for the next trip even if we have to ride in BBC502 ULTRA!
:D :o <:mad:Bill>

Kwicherbichen
09-03-2002, 01:47 PM
Froggystyle:
Justin,
Purely out of curiosity... I know you have a comparitively light boat, and a dual axle trailer. What kind of tires did you have on the trailer? I know your fenders were hating it, but were they trailer tires, or low-profile radials?
I ask because I kept grenading newer car radials on my picklefork, and once I switched to trailer radials I have not had any dramas.Wes do you or anyone know the difference between regular style car tires and trailer tires. You'd think a low pro radial would be pretty stout?

Rubths
09-03-2002, 02:02 PM
Really nice weekend and the cops were on the down low which is surprising! Kwicherbitchen great to finally meet you and put some faces to these funky names we all have. I cant remember if you took a picture of my boat or if it was someone else? I was preaty hammered, well whomever took the pic please post it to help a guy sell his rig. Kwicherbitchen whens the next trip?

fryzll
09-03-2002, 09:26 PM
Wow, what a weekend. Got there Saturday evening about 6:30, got unloaded and made the rounds in the cart. We all decided to take the carts for a little cruise out to the power plant and all the sudden it was like the Dukes Of Hazard, cops everywhere. Old Rosco P. in the sheriff pickup is not afraid to beat that thing, it was clasic. It took us 2 hours to sneak out of there between the roadblocks and all the other jackasses like me rollin in stealth mode (lights off and only one beer in hand) but we made it. Sunday morning I cruised over to fishers to get ice at at the gas dock and I saw Kwitcherbitchins boat at the launch ramp but my little cart took bullet the night before and seemed to be leaking fuel on to the exaust so I had to haul ass back to the fort to patch her up before I could talk to you. I made a lap around the big sandbar but didnt see his boat so we headed up to Picacho for the rest of the day. Had to run back down to Fishers because my buddy forgot the radar gun, back up to Picacho for some runs. My buddy Wes ripped off 3 passes with the last being the best, 115mph. Not bad for the little Placecraft. We then proceeded to float, and float, and float from Picacho. We all decided that once we hit the toolies we would fire em up and head in....well...you know when your boat breaks you cant keep them out of the toolies right? all of our boat ran and we didnt hit anything,never had to fire them up at all and made it all the way to Martinez at 11:30, what a blast. Went out on the carts again that night, hung out at the bar for a while and then passed out. Monday we went for the usuall last day Clear Lake run and one thing led to another and we were back up to the big sandbar until 6:00. Came in, cleaned up, hooked up and was back to Alpine by 10:00. It was a killer, not long enough but oh well. Sorry I didnt meet up with you guys but I'll try it some other time. Sorry for the long post :D When is the next run?
Chris

Froggystyle
09-03-2002, 10:36 PM
Kwicherbichen:
Wes do you or anyone know the difference between regular style car tires and trailer tires. You'd think a low pro radial would be pretty stout?It isn't. They are designed with a lot of sidewall flex, and no flex at all on the tread, which gives you a nice, low profile firm footprint. With no shocks or suspension to speak of on a boat trailer, only sprung weight, the tires are bounced into oblivion, and the sidewalls usually give out. In addition, when used in a tandem trailer application, the tow vehicle tends to drag the fronts or rears around, depending on traction when turning or cornering in parking lots. This is also bad for the non-trailer rated sidewalls.
I'm not sure about this last part... but my theory is that with the non-dampened suspension bouncing on the car radials, the sidewalls heat up a lot more from squirm and friction and cause the failures. I have had new-tread car radials fail on me with only my picklefork for weight.
I know there is a big difference between the two types structurally as well, but don't know exactly what.
I do know this for a fact though. A new tire, bought and installed as a car tire that fails will not be warrantied if found to be on a trailer, and most reputable tire companies will not sell you one for use on a trailer.
Squirts up!

SD MIKEY
09-03-2002, 10:40 PM
Great meeting Kwicherbichen and your wife and PTL. Let us know when the next trip is and we'll hook up and have some river sodas!

BBC502
09-04-2002, 05:20 AM
Alright Kwicherbichen and SLO POKE my 18 year old Miller is starting to get hurt feelings cause you keep calling him an Ultra. But that's OK cause the face lift worked if the Miller looks like a newer Ultra. Nice meeting you Kwicherbichen. Bill

Lightning
09-04-2002, 08:15 AM
Now that my Monday is over......
Brian & Kim, it was awesome hangin out with both of you, you are more than welcome to hang out with us at our place anytime.
PTL - Nice to chill and have a beer with you again....but what happened to you at night? MIA?
SanDiego - Cool to hang out with you and have some beers as usual. I need to hear the story from the other night - someone looked pissed..
78Elim - As brief as it was, it was good to hang out and have a beer.
I heard that there were a few others sighted, I'm bummed that I was not able to meet the rest of you, there's always next time....

Froggystyle
09-04-2002, 10:59 AM
Is anyone up for a Hot Boat get-together later this year? Just a weekend on the river in Yuma. Should be good glass for skiing, speed runs and the like. Beer is still sold in October, and the water is still beautiful.
I'm down. I would like to see the SD contingent get together with some squirt boats for a couple of pictures at least.
Lightning?
PTL?
ROZ?
RD?
Hustler?
SD Mikey?
Kwitcher?
Screaming Pete?
Cal-Air?
78 Elim?
Fryzll?
Tobtek?
Slo Poke?
Rubths?
BBC502?
If we get everyone on this list together, with a couple of extras this could be one hell of a trip! A couple of wakeboard boats... a couple of pickleforks.. a couple of stereos. All we need is someone with a pontoon to carry all of the crap!
I know I can talk at least two more boats into coming (40MM and Rick Roeloff)
Whatdya think?
Wes
[ September 04, 2002, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Froggystyle ]

78Eliminator
09-04-2002, 11:15 AM
Froggystyle:
Whatdya think?
WesI'm there.....

Froggystyle
09-04-2002, 11:18 AM
One down!

Froggystyle
09-04-2002, 11:19 AM
We might even be able to talk RD into it with no responsibilities or house to attend to!

78Eliminator
09-04-2002, 11:25 AM
Froggystyle:
One down!I say we even camp on the sandbar and sleep in or on our boats.......

Screaming Pete
09-04-2002, 11:31 AM
Froggystyle:
Is anyone up for a Hot Boat get-together later this year? Just a weekend on the river in Yuma. Should be good glass for skiing, speed runs and the like. Beer is still sold in October, and the water is still beautiful.
I'm down. I would like to see the SD contingent get together with some squirt boats for a couple of pictures at least.
Lightning?
PTL?
ROZ?
RD?
Hustler?
SD Mikey?
Kwitcher?
Screaming Pete?
Cal-Air?
78 Elim?
Fryzll?
Tobtek?
Slo Poke?
Rubths?
BBC502?
If we get everyone on this list together, with a couple of extras this could be one hell of a trip! A couple of wakeboard boats... a couple of pickleforks.. a couple of stereos. All we need is someone with a pontoon to carry all of the crap!
Whatdya think?
WesI'm IN Cuz I never stop going to the river. I go year round. And Maybe If that POST *****......T :p BTEK
shows up with some Bacarti Light,Diet Coke, and a Lime I'll bring him and the future Mrs.Tobtek. Man does she know how much time he spends on the site??? :rolleyes:

Froggystyle
09-04-2002, 11:34 AM
That's two!

San Diego
09-04-2002, 12:34 PM
October is still good with me. I'm in!

Froggystyle
09-04-2002, 12:39 PM
That's four boats right there... me included. Six if you count my non-board freinds, eight with PTL and Hallett19.
This could be really cool!

78Eliminator
09-04-2002, 12:46 PM
Froggystyle:
That's four boats right there... me included. Six if you count my non-board freinds, eight with PTL and Hallett19.
This could be really cool!I can bring a zodiac inflatable too, that's 9!!
J

78Eliminator
09-04-2002, 12:49 PM
Hallett19:
Yeah, the executive decision is that we are going for labor day weekend. Look us up, macking ladies and OWNING the sandbar. :cool: I hope that's the last time you make fun of me for flaking, FLAKE!
J

Screaming Pete
09-04-2002, 12:53 PM
This could be really cool![/qb][/QUOTE]I can bring a inflatable girl too, that's 9!!
J[/QB][/QUOTE]
Nothing like having a backup plan :p

Jordy
09-04-2002, 12:55 PM
Shit, I didn't make the short list... wtf????
Jordy :confused:

Screaming Pete
09-04-2002, 12:58 PM
Screaming Pete:
Froggystyle:
Lightning?
PTL?
ROZ?
RD?
Hustler?
SD Mikey?
Kwitcher?
Screaming Pete?
Cal-Air?
Jordanpaulk :)
78 Elim?
Fryzll?
Tobtek?
Slo Poke?
Rubths?
BBC502?
Whatdya think?
WesI'm IN Cuz I never stop going to the river. I go year round. And Maybe If that POST *****......T :p BTEK
shows up with some Bacarti Light,Diet Coke, and a Lime I'll bring him and the future Mrs.Tobtek. Man does she know how much time he spends on the site??? :rolleyes:

78Eliminator
09-04-2002, 12:59 PM
jordanpaulk:
Shit, I didn't make the short list... wtf????
Jordy :confused: Have you even shown up to any event yet? Hell yes you're invited you friggin POST *****!

Jordy
09-04-2002, 01:03 PM
78Eliminator:
Have you even shown up to any event yet?I made it to movie night at Slick's house one time. LOL. Now that the boat runs I am down for anything. I wasn't really comfortable just showing up with no boat with a bunch of people I have never met in person. But it's on now.
Hell yes you're invited you friggin POST *****!Post *****? Sounds like you're jealous as I am up on you now.
Jordy :D
Thanks for the invite SP. :p

Froggystyle
09-04-2002, 01:15 PM
Sorry Jordy... I was under the impression you just talked about going to the river. I didn't know you actually wanted to go!
hehe
Actually, that is a great idea. Let's bring our AZ contingent in too. Who have we got there...
Slick
Jordy
Skeepwerkzaz
Racing Ray
PonPonRacing (Anyone heard from him?)
Who else?

Jordy
09-04-2002, 01:16 PM
396_ways_to_spit. Michael is out here and is a jet boater.

Jordy
09-04-2002, 01:18 PM
CarreraElite is out in my neck of the woods too.

78Eliminator
09-04-2002, 01:19 PM
jordanpaulk:
396_ways_to_spit. Michael is out here and is a jet boater.So are you actually going to go or just write about 50 more posts about it to up your rating? :D

Jordy
09-04-2002, 01:20 PM
Damn J, bitter much? Let me know when we are planning this deal and I will shoot to be there. RD's b-day is the first weekend, but after that I am game.

Jordy
09-04-2002, 01:21 PM
52 more posts to the quadruple digit club... yeah!!!

78Eliminator
09-04-2002, 01:23 PM
jordanpaulk:
Damn J, bitter much? Let me know when we are planning this deal and I will shoot to be there. RD's b-day is the first weekend, but after that I am game.
Jordy :D We're holding you to that :)

Jordy
09-04-2002, 01:25 PM
How cold is the water that time of year? Going to start planning accordingly, like in case I need to find a wetsuit...

Froggystyle
09-04-2002, 01:26 PM
What we could do, is what we did on the July 4th weekend. We camped at Martinez for Wednesday-Friday, then drove the pile up to RD's for the party on the fourth evening, and back to Martinez for Saturday and Sunday.
It is only 1 1/2 hours. With a couple of big sport utes it goes quickly.
Wes

Hallett19
09-04-2002, 01:28 PM
78Eliminator
I hope that's the last time you make fun of me for flaking, FLAKE!
[/QUOTE]
Turns out I didnt flake, I didnt have a boat, and that was an important part of the weekend!!! I wanted to go more than staying in havasu, I don't even like that scene anymore but I had no choice. Count me in for a martinez trip but don't count my boat in, I might not have it in a few weeks frown

78Eliminator
09-04-2002, 01:28 PM
jordanpaulk:
How cold is the water that time of year? Going to start planning accordingly, like in case I need to find a wetsuit...
Jordy :D Good question. Not so sure. It's been a while since I have been to the river in October. I do know that sometimes in the winter, the river is just a creek......

Screaming Pete
09-04-2002, 01:30 PM
jordanpaulk:
Jordy :D J, I've been going thier for 10yrs and if your sking or (Jet skiing, not that you would just using for an example) jan-april would be wet suit weather and maybe dec if your a a splitstail :p

Screaming Pete
09-04-2002, 01:32 PM
Jordy :D [/qb][/QUOTE]Good question. Not so sure. It's been a while since I have been to the river in October. I do know that sometimes in the winter, the river is just a creek......[/QB][/QUOTE]
Man o Man you guys are newbie's its never a creek :p LOL

Jordy
09-04-2002, 01:35 PM
Hey SP, I threw 5 stars your way for inviting me to the little lake rally. Thanks for thinking of me.

78Eliminator
09-04-2002, 01:37 PM
jordanpaulk:
Hey SP, I threw 5 stars your way for inviting me to the little lake rally. Thanks for thinking of me.
Jordy :D Dude, I was the first to invite you!!!!!!!!!!!
I take it back.
[ September 04, 2002, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Lightning
09-04-2002, 01:39 PM
You know me, I'm always down to go to the river. Count me in with a boat load of people. I already have a trip planned for the weekend of September 21st. I think we should nail down a weekend soon so we can all plan accordingly - preferably 9/21 for me and definately not the weekend of 10/4.
Wes, What weekend were you thinking? What do you think about the weekend of Sept 21st or the weekend of October 11th?

Screaming Pete
jordanpaulk:
Jordy :D Niiiiccccccceeeee, :cool: Thanks a bunch, Wait till i interduce all you to the RIVER PIGS and the RIVER REGULARS. They are one serious bunch river peeps :cool:

Jordy
78Eliminator:
Dude, was the first to invite you!!!!!!!!!!!
I take it back.Look back at the top of this page, SP posted a list with my name on it. Technically that makes him first. Nice try... LOL

Jordy
09-04-2002, 01:47 PM
Lightning:
Wes, What weekend were you thinking? What do you think about the weekend of Sept 21st or the weekend of October 11th?The 21st is the weekend of the RRX regatta if that makes any difference to anyone. I was kinda thinking about hitting that, but nothing is written in stone.

78Eliminator
09-04-2002, 01:47 PM
jordanpaulk:
78Eliminator:
Dude, was the first to invite you!!!!!!!!!!!
I take it back.Look back at the top of this page, SP posted a list with my name on it. Technically that makes him first. Nice try... LOL
Jordy :D If you look at the times, we posted just a minute apart. His wasn't even there when I invited you. I hate you and Pete. I'm not going.
J

Screaming Pete
09-04-2002, 02:08 PM
Justin,78Elem,Pimp Juice, Maxi Pad,Holley Tech, or just Bitchy...Whatever you call yourself, step away from the keyboard and take a breath... :p

78Eliminator
09-04-2002, 02:23 PM
Screaming Pete:
Justin,78Elem,Pimp Juice, Maxi Pad,Holley Tech, or just Bitchy...Whatever you call yourself, step away from the keyboard and take a breath... :p Sorry. I need to go to ChickeNest.

SLO POKE
09-04-2002, 05:39 PM
Iwill go butt it will have to be beging of nov.
iI will even sleep in my boat butt I bet you cant get bbc502 away from his purch in front of the36"
tv ! :D

Jordy
09-04-2002, 08:22 PM
Hey Justin, did you get back from the Chicken Ranch yet?

Jordy
09-04-2002, 08:23 PM
If it makes you feel any better, you were the first one to actually invite me. SP was the first one to put me on the list... feel better now? LOL

dicker
09-05-2002, 09:46 AM
jordanpaulk:
Jordy :D According to the Martinez Lake Fising Report (http://www.martinezlake.com/Fishing.htm) the water is low 80's or mid 70's in October. Your nuts don't go numb until about mid-December.

Jordy
09-05-2002, 09:50 AM
I think I can deal with the low 80's. At least to knee level anyway. Just as long as the temps stay in the 100's until then...

78Eliminator
09-05-2002, 10:08 AM
jordanpaulk:
I think I can deal with the low 80's. At least to knee level anyway. Just as long as the temps stay in the 100's until then...
Jordy :D Yeah, I can't see it being very uncomfortable that time of year; or any time of year for that matter.....

Jordy
09-05-2002, 10:14 AM
Besides, if it gets too cold we can just set Justin's boat on fire for heat... LOL. Where have you been all morning J?

78Eliminator
09-05-2002, 10:16 AM
jordanpaulk:
Besides, if it gets too cold we can just set Justin's boat on fire for heat... LOL. Where have you been all morning J?
Jordy :D Just got back from a meeting. Sporting the tie and everything. My boat will never catch fire again. I can just mess with the timing and spew flames out the headers for heat.......

Jordy
09-05-2002, 10:18 AM
It's not a clip on is it? As far as the fire out the headers, the exhaust taste just wrecks the marshmellows.
Jordy

78Eliminator
09-05-2002, 10:24 AM
jordanpaulk:
It's not a clip on is it? As far as the fire out the headers, the exhaust taste just wrecks the marshmellows.
JordyNo clip ons, I tied it while speeding down the freeway, late for the meeting......
As far as the boat goes, I have talked with some people and I think I am going to investigate why I have so much crankcase pressure before I go dumping money on a new distributer. I might have blockage in my crankcase breathers. Going to investigate tonight.
J

Jordy
09-05-2002, 10:26 AM
Have you ever done a leak down test on your motor? If you had a lot of blow by that would really up your crankcase pressure. I know you dont really want to hear that at this point, but it is worth looking into. In the mean time I would check the restriction idea...

cal-air
09-05-2002, 10:28 AM
jordanpaulk:
JordyI can attest that it's not a clip-on, however I think he may have inherited it from a grandfather.

78Eliminator
09-05-2002, 10:29 AM
jordanpaulk:
Have you ever done a leak down test on your motor? If you had a lot of blow by that would really up your crankcase pressure. I know you dont really want to hear that at this point, but it is worth looking into. In the mean time I would check the restriction idea...
Jordy :D Leakdown? All my cans are at 205.

Jordy
09-05-2002, 10:43 AM
Not compression. Leakdown. Both valves closed, piston at bottom of compression stroke, you pressurize the cylinder and see if it holds the pressure or if it leaks down. That will give you an idea of what kind of blow by you have going on and give you an idea where the crankcase pressure is coming from.

78Eliminator
09-05-2002, 10:51 AM
jordanpaulk:
Not compression. Leakdown. Both valves closed, piston at bottom of compression stroke, you pressurize the cylinder and see if it holds the pressure or if it leaks down. That will give you an idea of what kind of blow by you have going on and give you an idea where the crankcase pressure is coming from.
Jordy :D Gotcha. Shoot, I can't have blowby issues; not yet. The mototr only has a few hours on the rebuild....

Jordy
09-05-2002, 10:55 AM
If it is that new, it could be that the rings haven't seated all the way yet too. That sounds like a better option for you.

MikeF
09-05-2002, 11:21 AM
JP, That leakdown test....the piston should be @ the top of the stroke (exh valve is already open at bdc).
78, That static compression is a little on the high side. I think you either have a really small cam (doubtful) or some high compression pistons in there. Might want to look for a # on the crown to see what they are. Race gas to fuel that thing! :D Mike

Jordy
09-05-2002, 11:24 AM
MikeF:
JP, That leakdown test....the piston should be @ the top of the stroke (exh valve is already open at bdc). :D MikeOn the compression stroke, both valves should be closed on the up stroke if I am thinking correctly. But I did say it needs to be somewhere where both valves are closed. Sorry, not thinking straight these days.

MikeF
09-05-2002, 11:30 AM
All is OK. I can't type as fast as I can think wink . If he does it, just wanted to make sure he knows where to put the piston. Mike

Jordy
09-05-2002, 11:32 AM
I was trying not to complicate it for the lad. Both valves closed will at least give him an idea. Now if we were talking carbs, he is the expert. LOL

MikeF
09-05-2002, 11:39 AM
When he find's out that a single carb will do the same w/ less headaches.....then he will be the expert. Always refer to K.I.S.S. :D
Did you want it right?, or right now. :p

78Eliminator
09-05-2002, 11:41 AM
jordanpaulk:
I was trying not to complicate it for the lad. Both valves closed will at least give him an idea. Now if we were talking carbs, he is the expert. LOLDon't know if I'm an "expert" but I'm sure good at adjusting floats......
J

MikeF
09-05-2002, 11:56 AM
J, The person you bought it from did not have a build sheet on the engine?
Check the lift on the cam via the rocker arm to get an idea of how big it is. Do you have access to the grind maker and # of the cam.
Check the pistons for a # (TRW 2307?).
Cam size,
Less duration = more comb pressure @ low RPM.
More duration = less comp pressure @ low RPM
205#s might be a little much for a pump fueled engine.
Check it out, Mike

Jordy
09-05-2002, 11:57 AM
And waaaaaay to much to strap a blower to the top there Killer...

Jordy
09-05-2002, 11:59 AM
MikeF:
When he find's out that a single carb will do the same w/ less headaches.... :p That's what I tell everyone who thinks I need dual quads on my boat. Runs just fine right now and I don't need the extra headaches like my buddy Justin is going through.

78Eliminator
09-05-2002, 12:07 PM
MikeF:
Check it out, MikeI think I am going to pull the heads off and check out a couple things this winter......

MikeF
09-05-2002, 12:11 PM
I was always partial to some turbo's on it!! All the torque you'll ever need! :D

Jordy
09-05-2002, 12:16 PM
MikeF:
I was always partial to some turbo's on it!! All the torque you'll ever need! :D Turbo motors sound bitchin' too. There you go J. Twin turbo that bad boy...

MikeF
09-05-2002, 12:37 PM
J, When you have it partially apart, take off the front cover and upper sprocket to get the # off the cam.
When you put it back together, "degree" it to make sure it's in a good position. That can also have an effect on the compression pressure if it installed too early (adv). :)
You'll feel better knowing where it's at then wondering why it broke. :D

78Eliminator
09-05-2002, 12:50 PM
MikeF:
You'll feel better knowing where it's at then wondering why it broke. :D I think when the day comes, there will be a case of silvers here, waiting for you.....
Never messed with V-8s, just a bunch of rice burning, fuel injected hondas and 2.3l turbo ford motors........

Kwicherbichen
09-06-2002, 12:23 AM
Hmmmm? I'd love to go. The weekends I have free (tenatively) are Oct 12th, Oct 26th. If I know far enough ahead of time I may be able to work something else out.....maybe :confused: The whole matter is tough with 3 kids, school, soccer and all the other crap we do but I'll try my best.
BTW Ari, Sept 21st I'll be working frown

Kwicherbichen
09-06-2002, 12:26 AM
Almost forgot, Rubths, I have the picture of your boat plus some others I took out there. Give me another day or two and I'll post them.

Screaming Pete
09-06-2002, 06:50 AM
Got to let you guys know that Screaming Pete and Famiily are heading out at 3:00 today for another fun filled action packed weekend, anyone else GOT GAME? :p

Froggystyle
09-06-2002, 09:06 AM
If you are out there early enough, you can catch Lightning out there. He is just driving out Thursday night for a morning session on Friday, doing some trailer maintenance and coming back Friday night.
Say Hi to him for me!

78Eliminator
09-06-2002, 09:16 AM
Froggystyle:
If you are out there early enough, you can catch Lightning out there. He is just driving out Thursday night for a morning session on Friday, doing some trailer maintenance and coming back Friday night.
Say Hi to him for me!Yeah, I am sitting this one out too. Got to investgate the crank case pressure/breathing issue. I will be there for sure on the next "get together".
[ September 06, 2002, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

Froggystyle
09-06-2002, 01:09 PM
So... it looks like we have some SD and AZ interest in a late season outing to Yuma huh?
We will have to pick a date in October.
My B-Day is the 17th... that might be fun.

Jordy
09-06-2002, 01:11 PM
Let me know. I am making an executive decision to be there.

Rubths
09-06-2002, 02:14 PM
Let me know what date works for everyone and I will be there!

78Eliminator
09-06-2002, 02:26 PM
Rubths:
Let me know what date works for everyone and I will be there!Did I meet you last weekend??????

Lightning
09-06-2002, 10:51 PM
Froggystyle:
Say Hi to him for me!24 hours at the river, I'm back already. Got in last night at 11, wrenched in the new AC unit in about 30 minutes. Woke up this morning and was on the water by 8 a.m. What an awesome day, nice and glassy water from about 8 a.m. 'til 3:30. The party sandbar had 4 boats total including mine. We wakeboarded and got the best water ever. Got in around 5:30 at night, had a burger at the bar, hung out for a few hours, and drove back. Horrible way to spend a Friday :D

Lightning
09-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Let's get a date nailed down for the next "get together" so there are no excuses for people not showing up. It's party time :cool: ...

Rubths
09-07-2002, 07:38 AM
78Eliminator:
Rubths:
Let me know what date works for everyone and I will be there!Did I meet you last weekend??????If you were at the sand bar with Kwicherbichen than yes we did meet, I had the yellow miller with race checkers down the back side and SD Mikey had the Purple open bow Cobra/Ultra.

fryzll
09-07-2002, 04:05 PM
Im up for another trip or 3:D I am however going to be there on the weekend of Sept. 28th if anyone is interested. We should have a good size group of retards so if anything you will have a good laugh. I just got my new headers and by then I should have my new fabed up ride plate and Bimini on, better late then never I guess.
Chris

Kwicherbichen
09-08-2002, 03:44 AM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_06.JPG
Kwicherbichen, PTL, and Lightning
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_07.JPG
Lightning's ride & crew. That's PTL on hte far left searching the boat for some mail.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_08.JPG
Another Lightning pic
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_09.JPG
SD Mikey's "Wasabi".
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_10.JPG
The infamous "Slo Poke". I hear drunk chics dig him?
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_11.JPG
OK, here's the Rubths boat. It's FOR SALE and it's super clean.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_12.JPG
Lightning, PTL, and the elusive 78Eliminator.
Sorry the pics are a little belated and a bit grainy (I stripped them for a faster load). It was all great fun and I can't wait for the next installment. :D

SLO POKE
09-08-2002, 05:38 PM
Hay kwicherbichen thats cool nice pic cant wait to do it again!
Drunk chics really do dig me! :D

Screaming Pete
09-09-2002, 08:04 AM
Another Great weekend a Martinez rooled out early (for Us) 3:30 and got thier in time for dinner with some friends ( Vodka meatballs and pasta wine , vodka redbulls ) rolled out on sat to do 105mph 22 daytona with twin 300's, was being followed by Marine rescue and w had the Life Line jackets so we looked good doing it .. What a boring ride home at 75... Bears pulled it out on the Vikings got to love that.. 28th of sept a good weekend for me :cool:

Hallett19
09-09-2002, 01:18 PM
Soooooo. What else?

Rubths
09-10-2002, 06:37 AM
Lets go this weekend and the 28th, ??????

Screaming Pete
09-10-2002, 07:25 AM
Rubths:
Lets go this weekend and the 28th, ??????THE 28th is GOOD, I Say G :cool: :cool: D for me.

TOBTEK
09-10-2002, 09:56 AM
Kwicherbichen:
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_06.JPG
Kwicherbichen, PTL, and Lightning
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_07.JPG
Lightning's ride & crew. That's PTL on hte far left searching the boat for some mail.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_08.JPG
Another Lightning pic
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_09.JPG
SD Mikey's "Wasabi".
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_10.JPG
The infamous "Slo Poke". I hear drunk chics dig him?
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_11.JPG
OK, here's the Rubths boat. It's FOR SALE and it's super clean.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Havasu_and_The_River/labor_day_12.JPG
Lightning, PTL, and the elusive 78Eliminator.
Sorry the pics are a little belated and a bit grainy (I stripped them for a faster load). It was all great fun and I can't wait for the next installment. :D HEY LOOK.....justin has a FEMALE onboard! Ya think its his cousin? J/K

Screaming Pete
09-10-2002, 10:50 AM
Guess I was to busy RUNNING my boat to be in those pic's :p

Kwicherbichen
09-10-2002, 11:27 PM
Screaming Pete:
Guess I was to busy RUNNING my boat to be in those pic's :p Exactly! If I had your boat I'd probably run it all the time too wink

SD MIKEY
09-13-2002, 08:49 PM
We're going next weekend 9/20. Should be there late Friday night. Anyone else going?

Lightning
09-13-2002, 09:21 PM
SD MIKEY:
We're going next weekend 9/20. Should be there late Friday night. Anyone else going?I'll be there on that weekend, where are you staying at?

Rubths
09-14-2002, 12:18 PM
You Bastard Guy Mikey! You know damn right the inlaws will be in town next weekend :mad:
What about the weekend after ????

SLO POKE
09-14-2002, 02:11 PM
You guys suck ! The wife is back in school & she wont let me Zachary go with out her :mad: :mad:

SD MIKEY
09-14-2002, 10:10 PM
Lightning:
SD MIKEY:
We're going next weekend 9/20. Should be there late Friday night. Anyone else going?I'll be there on that weekend, where are you staying at?We stay at fishers the house is just out from the gas dock and to the right. What kind of rig do you have?

SD MIKEY
09-14-2002, 10:12 PM
Never mind I just looked and saw your boat. When are you leaving? You from SD?

Lightning
09-15-2002, 09:35 AM
SD MIKEY:
Never mind I just looked and saw your boat. When are you leaving? You from SD?I'm leaving on Friday around 10:30 a.m. I live in SD, you?

SD MIKEY
09-15-2002, 10:51 AM
Yeah, we are leaving after work, so we wont be there till friday night.
Rubs you gotta go you bastard guy!
Anyone else going?

San Diego
09-15-2002, 09:12 PM
We'll be there as well. Early Saturday morning.

Screaming Pete
09-16-2002, 07:12 AM
I got the 28th nailed down, FROGGYSTYLE,and PTL bringging BIG COUNTRY/from the teams. I told him about you guys. He got out about 3yrs ago.Hope you all can make it.

SD MIKEY
09-16-2002, 09:27 PM
I'll look for you guys on saturday at the sandbar! Deepsand.net (http://www.Deepsand.net)
[ September 16, 2002, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: SD MIKEY ]

SD MIKEY
09-17-2002, 10:23 PM
Working on a different boat!

fryzll
09-17-2002, 11:38 PM
Hmm, the 28th is looking like a good time :D I will be there with my Challenger, my buddy's new blue and purple flamed 21 Stealth and maybe the PlaceCraft drag tunnel, plus 2 or 3 other boats that are iffy. I will definetly keep a eye out for everyone this time.
Chris

SD MIKEY
09-18-2002, 07:55 PM
Got it hope to try it out this weekend!

fryzll
09-22-2002, 11:34 PM
Well.........So who is still up for next weekend (the 28th)?
Me, brown n white Challenger
Troy, white w/ blue n purple flamed Stealth
Big Wes, Eliminator daycruiser tunnel w/ a 588ci
Lil Wes, white n blue PlaceCraft DragStar :D
Mike, slow ass pontoona boat and assorted lice :D
Bobby, yellow n red Miller
Bruce, red n white CP open bow
Mitch, 2 boats but niethers comming (hes a lurker)
Plus a crap load of others, so who's in?????????
Froggy?
PTL?
Kwitchurbitchin?
Lightning?
Rubths?
SD Mikey?
Sceamin Pete?
Slo Poke?
Wellllllllll?????? 5 days and counting :D
Chris
[ September 23, 2002, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: fryzll ]

Rubths
09-23-2002, 06:37 AM
Count me in! :D

Lightning
09-23-2002, 12:43 PM
Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it on the 28th. My buddy is getting married that weekend.
I just went this past weekend, it was sweet. The weather was perfect 100 at day, 75 at nigh. It was not crowded at all. It was definately good times.
There was a ton of hydrilla at the launch ramp and dead plants everywhere in the water though. The water is starting to cool off a bit and it looks like the water level dropped down a lot since my previous trip out. I saw a few Maxum's and Bayliners that had hit bottom, definately not happy people. :D My next trip is planned for October 19th.

San Diego
09-23-2002, 01:07 PM
Lightning, We looked for you guys. Sat. went up past Picacho and didn't see you. We stopped at the 1st sandbar going back and you were 5 min behind us. We must not have gone up far enough. frown

Lightning
09-23-2002, 04:04 PM
San Diego:
Lightning, We looked for you guys. Sat. went up past Picacho and didn't see you. We stopped at the 1st sandbar going back and you were 5 min behind us. We must not have gone up far enough. :(I was at the first sandbar past the campsites. I was expecting you to stop by on Saturday night. I went for a drive on Friday over to Fishers and I could not find you, you must have showed up late. Maybe next time...

SD MIKEY
09-23-2002, 10:39 PM
I was there too! I didnt see anyone, thought I saw Lighting saturday coming down river went by the first sandbar on the east side, I was at the sandbar.
I will be there next weekend too! Blue and white STV!

Rubths
09-25-2002, 06:40 PM
So whats the final head count, who's going this weekend?
Step up fools it could be the last trip of the season.

San Diego
09-25-2002, 07:40 PM
Can't make it! I will be there in a couple weeks. Have fun!

SD MIKEY
09-25-2002, 09:34 PM
Count me in!
Anyone know if Don with the Patriot Missile is going?

Shmoolie
09-26-2002, 09:47 AM
I'll be out there this weekend.
It'd be cool to meet some people from the board.
If you see us stop and say Hi, here's a pic of my boat...
http://zippy.funtv.com/ultra28ss.jpg

78Eliminator
09-26-2002, 09:51 AM
Shmoolie:
I'll be out there this weekend.
It'd be cool to meet some people from the board.
If you see us stop and say Hi, here's a pic of my boat...
http://zippy.funtv.com/ultra28ss.jpgNice ride!

Shmoolie
09-26-2002, 09:55 AM
78Eliminator:
Nice ride!Thanks!

fryzll
09-26-2002, 01:43 PM
Im in, as a matter of fact im headin out Fri morning around 7:00am. I get to be the A/C bitch and fire everyones up before they get there. :D Is anyone else going to be on the water Friday?
Chris

Screaming Pete
09-26-2002, 02:20 PM
fryzll:
Im in, as a matter of fact im headin out Fri morning around 7:00am. I get to be the A/C bitch and fire everyones up before they get there. :D Is anyone else going to be on the water Friday?
ChrisThe A/C bitch is a highly reguarded position in my book and i pay silvers too!!!

Rubths
09-26-2002, 07:04 PM
Shmoolie I will be out there Friday night,look for my boat at fishers. Park at our doc and come up to the house.

SD MIKEY
09-27-2002, 07:37 AM
Where is everyone going to be saturday night? Other place? Bar?

SLO POKE
09-29-2002, 11:03 AM
Ok how great was it this week end? frown

SD MIKEY
09-30-2002, 07:39 AM
Another great one thats for sure!

SLO POKE
09-30-2002, 06:16 PM
THATS IT THATS ALL YOUR GOING TO SAY!!!
COME ON! frown

fryzll
09-30-2002, 09:18 PM
What a great weekend. Got on the water around 10:30 on Friday and the water was perfect. Headed up to Monkey Island and then took a cruise down to Hidden Shores and then into ClearLake. Hit the bar at Martinez Fri. night for a little shuffle board and ALOT of silvers, closed it down and went back to the house for more silvers by way of the carts.On the way there me and my buddy Wes thought it would be funny if I brake checked his dad so I did and yep, his cart got wadded up in a bad way, guess my utility bed aint so bad after all :D . Up to Picacho on Sat. morning w/ my boat, the Ultra, the Placecraft and the CP for a while and the made our way down to the big sandbar and met up w/ some other buddys ( even Mitch the lurker w/ Lickety Split) for rest of the day. The wind came up and the water went to crap so we headed in for a little ramp action and more silvers. Right before sundown the wind died so me and the CP went out on the water for about 20 minutes and it was killer, perfect water and nobody around. Hit Martinez for some grub and then back to the house to get some stank off and then right back to the bar. I started w/ Vodka Collins and didnt stop, two fistin those things is a BAD idea, I went throug about 12 of those things plus beer and next thing I know I have someting like 8 or nine people on my cart headind to do what? Yep, more drinking. Well by 2:30 I had my buddy pour me out of my cart so he could head back to the party and I hit the pillow, HARD. Got up Sunday feeling like a 190 pound bag of shit and loaded everthing up, cleaned up the house, locked up, ate breakfast and hit the water for a while. Met up w/ Rubths and his wife and SD Mikey and his buddy plus a few others. What a nice bunch of people, cant wait to do it again. Both these guys have really nice boats and great attitudes, cant wait to do it agian. Sorry I took off early but I felt like shit run over twice and needed aspirin and a bloody mary. I might just have to go out and buy another CR500 just so I can have a reason to meet up w/ you guys at the dez. That sums up my weekend, anyone have an extra liver I can borrow?
Chris

Shmoolie
10-01-2002, 11:42 AM
We had a great time out there this weekend. The water is definitely getting colder though.
Briefly met Rubths and his wife a couple of times on Saturday but we were always headed in opposite directions, and just never made it over to knock on his river house door. Next time for sure. I kept an eye out for some of the other boats pictured in this thread but didn't recognize anyone. We hung out at the sandbar for awhile on Saturday and made a run up to Picacho later.
On sunday we took a SLOW cruise (my sister was with us on Sunday, that means "VERY" slow, "extremely" slow, "but we're gettin' passed by seadoo boats" slow) up above Picacho and messed around taking some kneeboard mpegs with the mavica. Nothing came out too great though, I forgot to delete the pics off of some floppies I was reusing and my friend didn't realize some of the mpegs were coming out 1 sec long. Good for a laugh though. :D

SLO POKE
10-01-2002, 05:27 PM
sounds like you had fun wish i had been there!

SD MIKEY
10-01-2002, 10:37 PM
Great meeting you Fryzll! Nice boat! You making any more trips this year?
The dunes are waiting for you!
http://pub6.bravenet.com/photocenter/view.php?img=19498&usernum=451761218
[ October 02, 2002, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: SD MIKEY ]

SD MIKEY
10-01-2002, 11:07 PM
What happened to the rest of you peeps?

SD MIKEY
10-04-2002, 12:07 AM
Going tomorrow after work! See ya at the bar tomorrow night!(friday)

SLO POKE
10-04-2002, 05:32 PM
You are not very nice! rub it in our faces. :mad:

SLO POKE
10-06-2002, 12:57 PM
All right SD mikey how was it? :confused:

SD MIKEY
10-07-2002, 07:50 PM
Went to the bar and saw 3 fights! Cool! Weather was nice. You making any more trips?

SLO POKE
10-08-2002, 06:34 PM
Yes i think thanks giving but i hope sooner!