PDA

View Full Version : going to lake elsinore for test run....sunday/28th

nastyhabit
07-27-2002, 12:02 PM
Hey, ...goin to lake elsinore this weekend anyone comin'?

01RENEGADE
07-27-2002, 05:10 PM
Be careful when you launch water level is low if you have a prop.

Kwicherbichen
07-27-2002, 11:30 PM
Bummer Sam, I had to work today plus I don't have a carb yet (hopefully Tue or Wed). I'm trying to make it to the river next weekend, but if not, I'll be at Elsinore Fri or Sat.

nastyhabit
07-28-2002, 11:54 AM
hey brian elsonore was great lanched at cranes with no prob i took some pics just havent figured ot how to put them on here

Kwicherbichen
07-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Wow! I'm really surprised that you were able to launch at Cranes. Last time I launched at Cranes was before the Run What Ya Brung party and it was shallow. Had my Tahoe in the water up to the front wheels easily. I launch at Marina West now. Much nicer ramp with depth. If I get the carb on this week I'll be out there Friday or Saturday.

HM
07-29-2002, 07:17 AM
Elsinore is low, but if you launch at Elsinore Marina, on the west corner of Lake Elsinore, they have a channel that is no less than 6 ft out to the lake. The recently repositioned the channel markers to accurately mark the channel. Don't go out side the channel markers as it gets shallow very quick - my buddy drifted on Saturday and dinged his prop.
If you launch at the state park, a little north of Elsinore Marina, it does get about 2 ft deep as you leave their channel for the lake.
All this is according to our depth finder.

HM
07-29-2002, 07:26 AM
nastyhabit:
hey brian elsonore was great lanched at cranes with no prob i took some pics just havent figured ot how to put them on hereHey nastyhabit,
I was out on Sunday morning with my Mandella. I think I may have seen you launching at cranes at around 8:30 A.M? I did two laps and put the flatty away - the water was already f'ed up. Luckily the wind had not picked up yet, so the ride was not too bad.
The ramp at Elsinore Marina is really nice and really wide, but they nail you for additional $$ if you have more than 2 people in your car.
Maybe I will see you out there sometime. I am out every weekend on my buddies Tige', and I take my Mandella out roughly every two weeks.
catch ya later.

nastyhabit
07-29-2002, 05:29 PM
yea that was me at cranes white red ,yellow headers big scoop that says NASTY HABIT ,I was only there for maybe 2-hours i didnt see any flats just a couple of jets small moters im going again next sunday if i can find an autometer liquid filled water temp 120-240 part no# 5433 summit is B/O tell the 7th and im going to laughlin on the 9th its to close to chance if anyone has tips speak up--nasty--ps any tips on how to put pics on here????