PDA

View Full Version : 1977 TAHITI JET 19 FT

JNYBBAD
11-25-2002, 11:03 AM
I JUST GOT A 1977 TAHITI 19 FT JET AND I NEED SOME HELP. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET NEW FRONT SEATS AND A BENCH REAR SEAT FOR THIS BOAT? IT NOW HAS THE LITTLE SIDE REAR SEATS BUT I'VE SEEN OTHERS WITH A BENCH. MY OTHER QUESTION IS CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF I CAN CONVERT THE EXHAUST FROM AN OVER THE TOP TO ONE THAT COMES OUT THROUGH THE BACK? IF SO WHERE CAN I GET ONE????

Kwicherbichen
11-26-2002, 12:31 AM
JNYBBAD, your profile says you're from Vacaville which, I am pretty sure is up north. There are a few plces I could recommend in So Cal but unless you are down here often it wouldn't help. Having said that, you may want to check in with Walt's Hot Boat (http://www.walts***boat.com) in Modesto, Ca. If he can't make it happen I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

Duck
11-28-2002, 08:49 PM
Sorry-testing avatar 1-2-3

BoatPI
11-29-2002, 06:05 AM
That boat like all Tahiti's were made in Cerritos, CA.
The seats were made from plywood coated with resin. All seats and frames were made in-house. Most marine seat makers can create a new interior. Most Tahiti's came with over the transom exhaust or Bassett Headers. A few came with through the hull, sporting cheap metal and rubber flappers.
Your trailer should be a Road Runner?