PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Lakes

HAULNZ
04-18-2003, 01:04 PM
Has anyone been to Bartlett Lake recently?? Water level is suppose to be at 92%. It has been years since we have boated there. How is the camping situation?? I heard they put in a marina?? Any info would be appreciated. :) :D :)

TIMINATOR
04-18-2003, 06:35 PM
There about 3 weeks ago,lots of water for a change,my favorite lake. Marina and ramps very nice,fuel,burgers & dogs,camping new,added to in last few years.New ramps are nice!Not many fast boats though,darn. Jetski punks pretty much stay near new ramp near middle of lake. They are now known locally as PUNKSKIS!Whadda-ya drive? I'll look 4ya!

HAULNZ
04-18-2003, 06:49 PM
We have a Donzi 28 ZX. Live closer to Pleasant, but it's nice to change the scenery once in awhile. Our boat is white with red & black stripes. One of these days I will learn how to post pictures. Bartlett sounds like it has improved greatly, we will have to check it out soon. Hopefully the lake lice will stay clear of us. I can't stand when they try to jump your wake. burningm

TIMINATOR
04-18-2003, 07:26 PM
We have a 21 Eliminator Daytona,white with blue & purple stripes,BBChevy Jet.Live in Avondale,Az.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-18-2003, 10:38 PM
I cant stand lake pleasant yuk The young punks with the big boats always get drunk and drive crazy eek! Plus the water is too damn rough. I like to go to saguaro because its closer and the boaters are a little more friendy wink Although lake pleasant does have T.N.A(tits and ass) cove :D :D which makes me more interested in going there. I havent been to bartlett in about 10 years. We used to go in my fathers v-drive.
jussss my 2 little pennies

Craig
04-19-2003, 06:33 AM
I love going to Bartlett when there's some water in it. I'm 30 minutes from Pleasant, but Bartletts nice once in a while because they actually have some sandy beach you can pull the boat on. But PLeasant is great the middle of June to the middle of July when the Aqua Fria arm is open and full. Man just tearing down that canyon is a blast :D

Kurtis500
04-19-2003, 06:47 AM
Canyon and Apache are the only lakes I really go to anymore. In fact I'm going to Apache in about 30 minutes from now. :D I live at Central and Bethany, other lakes are closer, but in my opinion not better. Those are two of the best lakes for scenery also.... my opinion. Bartlett is pretty nice though, I just havent been there in while since the water has been down.

HAULNZ
04-19-2003, 08:43 AM
Thinking about hitting Pleasant Sunday if the weather is nice, it's suppose to be in the mid 80's. :D Anybody else going to the lake this weekend?

91nordic29
04-21-2003, 11:31 AM
we will be going to pleasant on sunday. been working on boat and need to make sure everything a-okay. smile_sp

DogHouse
04-21-2003, 11:49 AM
My pics of the local lakes are Apache for camping and Bartlett for day trips. I actually like Bartlett best when the water is down about 20-30 ft because of the awesome sandy beach that gets exposed. Pleasant is good for quick solo test runs because the ramp is huge and nobody gets upset if I'm taking my time launching/retrieving by myself. Saguaro is fun because of bikini beach but the parking lot fills waaaaay early in summer.
-brian

Powerquestboy
04-21-2003, 12:54 PM
I love Saguaro but never go during the summer because it fills up so fast and I hate sitting in that waiting area. I usually go to pleasent but I do hate how choppy it gets and how many idiots it attracks. I like Barlett but had a bad experience there, dont like the road and generally like bigger lakes. I wish Lake Powell was closer!