PDA

View Full Version : McIntyre Trip Weekend Confirmed

HotHallet
09-05-2002, 09:40 AM
Okay-I have gone over my schedule a million times and this is it. Leslie has already requested the time off so we plan to go to McIntyre Park in Blythe on October 11-13th for a weekend of fun, sun, and some serious boating. Like I said before grass campgrounds, hot showers and clean bathrooms, a general store and Texaco pump on sight, $20.00 a night for camping. I usually get away from McIntyre between 200-250 for the weekend but I am not running two carbs and a tunnel ram. Give me an idea who can make it so I can call and reserve capgrounds.

flat broke
09-05-2002, 11:21 AM
I'll talk about it with Em and see what we can do. Maybe you can schmooze her into it tonight :) You'll definitely want to talk to Frank as he wanted to get out again. I also have a bud who's girl's family has a 5th wheel at McIntyre so I'll try and get him out too.
Chris

beached1
09-05-2002, 12:18 PM
I may be in Havasu for that week, but if not I'll be at my place at Mayflower park up river from Mac. I can bring some coolies and cruise down there for the day.

HotHallet
09-05-2002, 01:22 PM
Hey beached1. I heard you got zip tied inside your trailer last weekend at Mayflower.

Havasu Heat
09-05-2002, 01:53 PM
HotHallet:
Okay-I have gone over my schedule a million times and this is it. Leslie has already requested the time off so we plan to go to McIntyre Park in Blythe on October 11-13th for a weekend of fun, sun, and some serious boating. Like I said before grass campgrounds, hot showers and clean bathrooms, a general store and Texaco pump on sight, $20.00 a night for camping. I usually get away from McIntyre between 200-250 for the weekend but I am not running two carbs and a tunnel ram. Give me an idea who can make it so I can call and reserve capgrounds.Hey HotHallet:
What's the river conditions there. From '85 to'92
drove to there from San Diego every other wk-end,
from April through Sept. Knew every sandbar &
rock pile between McIntyre & Mayflower. Those were
good old days. Bent up a lot of props. Does Big
Bob still manage the grounds. Heck of a nice guy.
Take care and safe boating
Havasu Heat(Jerry)

beached1
09-05-2002, 02:07 PM
HotHallet:
Hey beached1. I heard you got zip tied inside your trailer last weekend at Mayflower.You heard right.

Boater Bill
09-05-2002, 03:02 PM
We are probably good for this trip.

djdtpr
09-05-2002, 03:27 PM
We will probably will be at mayflower but could trailer down for the day.I will be needing an armed guard for my camp at night though due to the fact that i have been blamed for being a prankster and messing with people at night.I really wish i would have thought of the shit they pilled though.

1quickjet
09-05-2002, 03:58 PM
Hey Hot Hallet, I like the way you snuck in a picture of your boat (sort of), in a truck mag. This months issue. 1qj

beached1
09-05-2002, 07:08 PM
djdplacecraft:
We will probably will be at mayflower but could trailer down for the day.I will be needing an armed guard for my camp at night though due to the fact that i have been blamed for being a prankster and messing with people at night.I really wish i would have thought of the shit they pilled though.Actually, I was blaming a member of my crew until Bense complained of a similar prank. The only one that would know us both would be You . If not then who?
No worries though. After I changed my shorts (yelling fire at 3am and locking me in a trailer that could go up in 2 seconds can have that effect)I had a good laugh.

disco_charger
09-05-2002, 11:24 PM
I'm a serious maybe for this. Blythe is too close to my pad for me to continue ignoring it. I do want to get a Blythe run in before we shut it down.
Disco

beached1
09-06-2002, 07:38 AM
Disco, check your calander for the 28th of this month. A bunch of us are planning to be out there. From Colton, you could be there in about 2&1/2 hrs. It's approx 150 miles from my place (up near Oak Glen), you shouldn't be much further.

MikeC
09-06-2002, 08:38 AM
MacIntyre is my new favorite place to Rock and Roll! I agree 100%, nice facilities, gas, store, great ramp/lagoon area, and the water seems to always be deep....... and flat!
MikeC

HotHallet
09-06-2002, 08:48 AM
Cool- Sounds like we are ramping up for one heck of a cool weekend. Disco hope you can make it.

disco_charger
09-09-2002, 07:45 AM
My BBQ may be the last run of Sept...The truck hasn't been too cooperative, and has demanded some money from me. October is looking pretty good though.
Disco

disco_charger
09-13-2002, 07:40 AM
OK, we've moved into the point where we're probably going. I'll come up on Sat morning and leave Mon. HH, do I need to get my own campsite, or do they let you sprawl out with a couple of tents on one? What about hook ups? They got electric outlets, for my AC?
Disco

HotHallet
09-13-2002, 07:50 AM
Disco and Everybody- There is a chance we might move the trip up river to Riviera campground where there is a gas dock in the water, huge ramp, and lagoon and channel. It is right by the bridge. It is only about 4-5 miles up river from McIntyre Park. The reason is I have a friend who was kicked out of McIntyre a few months back and was a little upset about me giving them business and going back and having fun there which I can understand as it was his hangout for 7 years. Riviera is just as nice and has the same access to the river. Beached 1 and DJDPlacecraft can still come down and meet us. Everyone please give me some input. The other option is to do the Needles Park Marina thing like Disco is doing this weekend. The dates will remain the same.

Froggystyle
09-13-2002, 07:58 AM
Damn.... I need to arrange a tow vehicle, but a nice, cool weekend in Blythe may be just what the doctor ordered!
The Durango may or may not be done with it's new front end, and I may have to bum a tow to make it out there.
I will check the old schedule though.
Wes

HotHallet
09-13-2002, 08:16 AM
I called Riviera campground and got the lowdown. It sounds nice. There is a general store, showers in the bathrooms, grass campgrounds, full hook- ups, large ramp, gas dock in the water. It is $20 a night for tent camping and $39 a night for Hook up sights. My only concern is water level. We are coming up on winter and they drop the river real low. The lady at Riviera said it is down considerably. So I need suggestions from those planning to attend and folks on the boards who have run at Blythe in October. If the water is to low we will go somewhere else but I definitely want to get out somewhere on this weekend.

78Eliminator
09-13-2002, 08:22 AM
Let me know when you guys decide on an actual date. I should be game. Wes, wanna put N2O on another boat? :)
[ September 13, 2002, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: 78Eliminator ]

HotHallet
09-13-2002, 09:00 AM
Hey 78 Eliminator- the dates are October 11-13 weekend.

Froggystyle
09-13-2002, 09:46 AM
78Eliminator:
Wes, wanna put N2O on another boat? :) Yes. I just started another thread called "Side Work" for this exact kind of thing...

beached1
09-13-2002, 07:11 PM
HotHallett, Rivera is a cool place and alot closer to were we are. In fact, If it were me I'd rather camp there. I would suggest Mayflower but it doesn't have gas and a general store. Camping is much cheaper at Mayflower though. There are some really cool sand bars up river from Riviera that are great for everyone to party on. There's one that is just up from the River Lagoon which would be just around the first bend left but then there's a better one about a mile up from there just below Hidden Bitches.
Not too sure I'll be there. I may be at World Finals in Havasu.
Have fun!
[ September 13, 2002, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: beached1 ]

Mod VP
09-13-2002, 07:41 PM
Hey Beached ,I want to ask ya some ?s about cell service,I e-mailed ya at your address listed here..Thanks :)

beached1
09-13-2002, 09:27 PM
No sweat bro. I just replied to your e-mail. I'll give you a ring tomorrow.

Bense468
09-14-2002, 03:08 PM
Beached1. I did not get zip tied. I was just joking about it and it really happened to you. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF THAT. I know one thing. Danny and I did not physically perform this special ops mission. I did partake in laughing my ass off though. So if I am to blame it is only for laughing harder then I have ever laughed. I sitll have it in my head. SHH ziptie the doors. zip zip zip. boom boom boom FIRE...Get out FIRE. then you "what what...Get me out of here" Then you kicking the door open. That was some funny shit for sure. Don't worry you are not the only one that got it that night.

beached1
09-15-2002, 06:54 AM
Bense468:
Don't worry you are not the only one that got it that night.When you least expect it......

HotHallet
09-16-2002, 08:58 AM
Looks like it's gonna be Park Moabi on October 11-13. Hope you guys all come out.