PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio this weekend?

68campbell
05-15-2003, 06:55 AM
Anyone going?

boat030
05-15-2003, 08:18 AM
I might go up on friday.

68campbell
05-15-2003, 09:09 AM
I'll be camping or in the pontoon shown or a 20' Schiada w/ race number 333 on it.
I heading up on friday noon.
http://www.mavericksaloon.org/pon.jpg

miller19j
05-15-2003, 09:17 AM
Todd,
We will be up there on Saturday for sure. I am not sure if we will be staying for Sunday or not.
See you this weekend.

MJ19
05-15-2003, 09:22 AM
Todd,
Are you for sure going?
Trav & Kelsey called to invite us and they weren't sure if you and Tracey were for sure for sure...I hope you guys are!!! He said Triple Trouble would be there...and I'm looking for a hot TUBING ride :D
We'll be there Saturday for sure! :)
Hey, if you find that "wing" Tracey said I could have it...will you bring it?
Ciao! :cool:

mike37
05-15-2003, 05:34 PM
San Antonio ???????
naci is better

MJ19
05-15-2003, 08:18 PM
mike37:
San Antonio ???????
naci is better Nac can be nice sometimes, but it depends on what you're looking for. Right now Nac is lower and you can't camp right on the water...at Nac you gotta get a camp ground up above with a slip. :(
I like the pull up to your camp site feature of San Antonio :D

77charger
05-15-2003, 08:27 PM
MJ19:
mike37:
San Antonio ???????
naci is better Nac can be nice sometimes, but it depends on what you're looking for. Right now Nac is lower and you can't camp right on the water...at Nac you gotta get a camp ground up above with a slip. :(
I like the pull up to your camp site feature of San Antonio :D YA YA naci is very bad at this time. :D Been going for about 20 years(i cant believe i can say that now)But does suck when water is low

68campbell
05-16-2003, 06:21 AM
Its easier to park the motorhome at San Antonio.

79Hawaiian
05-16-2003, 07:24 AM
Im heading out June 6-8th. How is the lake now? I have not been in a few years, I know sometimes the water can get nasty.
FYI Here is a link for daily water levels for both lakes:
http://www.mcwra.co.monterey.ca.us/Agency_data/ReservoirData/CurrentReservoirData/d&r_current.html

MJ19
05-16-2003, 07:28 AM
From what I've heard...(Rumor coming...watch out) :D
They (whoever 'they' are) were supposed to let equal amounts out of both lakes and didn't, instead they released way more out of Nac, and there was some sort of legal battle going on...so I'm not sure what's happening there...anyone else out there know about it and could clarify? :confused:
[ May 16, 2003, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

boat030
05-16-2003, 07:33 AM
It's quite the soap opera around here concerning the two lakes. The water rights are owned by monterey county they let more out of naci by far I have been told the reason is because Naci fills up faster but I don't know if that's the real reason. There is at least one lawsuit that I know of trying to stop monterey county from letting so much water out but as far as I know they haven't been very successfull so far. I still like Nac way better than San Antonio I went out there yesterday afternoon and it was beautifull

MJ19
05-16-2003, 11:23 AM
boat030:
I went out there yesterday afternoon and it was beautifull In Your Opinion of the Two Lakes:
Which one do you think has more boats on it?
Which one do you think has more boat chop?
[ May 16, 2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

mike37
05-16-2003, 02:01 PM
MJ19:
boat030:
I went out there yesterday afternoon and it was beautifull In Your Opinion of the Two Lakes:
Which one do you think has more boat chop? Now that would be naci

MJ19
05-16-2003, 10:03 PM
mike37:
MJ19:
In Your Opinion of the Two Lakes:
Which one do you think has more boat chop? Now that would be naci So In You Opinion; what makes Naci better?
Low water, more boats and more boat chop? :confused:
Those are the things that drive me away far far away wink :D

MJ19
05-16-2003, 10:05 PM
Wow...It's getting late...better hit the sack so I can get up early and hit the lake :D
Have a great weekend everyone...hope to see some of you at S.A. this weekend! :cool:

mike37
05-17-2003, 09:51 PM
MJ19:
mike37:
MJ19:
In Your Opinion of the Two Lakes:
Which one do you think has more boat chop? Now that would be naci So In You Opinion; what makes Naci better?
Low water, more boats and more boat chop? :confused:
Those are the things that drive me away far far away wink :D http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/253Dsc00046-med.jpg At the level nacimiento is at now shoreline camping is very good but I don’t need to camp 25min to naci and 35min to San Antonio
From 9am to 6pm don’t go skiing but before and after you get the best water
Naci is a prettier lake but I will go to San Antonio for midday ski or toobing

MJ19
05-18-2003, 08:08 PM
mike37:
At the level nacimiento is at now shoreline camping is very good but I don’t need to camp 25min to naci and 35min to San Antonio
From 9am to 6pm don’t go skiing but before and after you get the best water
Naci is a prettier lake but I will go to San Antonio for midday ski or toobing I agree if you want to have clear water and pretty coves at the crack of dawn and at dusk Naci is nice (especially if you use the ski course) but if you are spending the whole day on the water playing behind the boat S.A. is very handy, because you can stop off at the beach, pick up some grub, and off you go back out onto the water :D No time wasted walking back and forth to your camp site, or having to set up a day camp.
I wish I were only 20 minutes away...It's a 2.5 hour drive for us :( But well worth it :D
Yesterday I was given a few good tube rides and a few good kneeboard rides...I might have a photo of me taking a standing tube ride (unless the photo was taken of me crashing) :D Today I'm sore all over, I'm burnt all over, and I love it! :D No pain no gain! :D