PDA

View Full Version : OP6C V Convoy Planning...

RiverToysJas
05-13-2003, 10:28 AM
I believe we are planning three "Convoys" on the morning of Friday, June 20th. Orange County, San Diego, and Pheonix.
I am organizing the OC Run.....
The Orange County Convoy will meet at the 91 & 5 frwy Park and Ride lot, at the corner of Orangethorpe and Magnolia.
> We need to determine a pulling out time. I suggest 08:00.
> Once we've nailed down the pulling out time, we'll figure guestimated times to various intersections, so others may join along the way.
This Convoy will be towing 91, 10, and either Earenburg(sp?) or Rice Road, through Parker and into Havasu from the south.
Once people are confirmed, I'll try to make breakfast reservations somewhere along the way. Probably in the Banning area.
I'd like to video tape this convoy. If someone is coming out w/o a boat and would like to help video, that would be great. Someone expressed interest in this before. We'll want them to go ahead and video from overpasses and along the road side once or twice, as we pass.
This convoy is not a race!!! We will set a pace that is comfortable for everyone.
We need someone to organize the SD and AZ convoys.
RTJas :D
[ May 13, 2003, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

hack job
05-13-2003, 10:48 AM
i thought that they convoy thing was for cbbb (http://www.classicboatbeachbash.com) wink op6c has to copy our stuff now? :rolleyes:

waterndog
05-13-2003, 10:53 AM
I was planning on following you guys Fri. but it looks like I'm going to convoy thurs night with someone by the name Partycat anybody know this fool? wink

LaveyJet
05-13-2003, 11:01 AM
Once people are confirmed, I'll try to make breakfast reservations somewhere along the way. Probably in the Banning area.

That's beached1's neck of the woods, Stop by his place, I'm sure he'd love to feed everyone :D

HotHallet
05-13-2003, 11:04 AM
Hey RiverToys- I will be in Havasu that weekend covering the Commander Regatta for the new Water Toys section of Truckin'Magazine. It would be cool to see you guys. Where are you going to be at? I am Going to Blythe for memorial. Where are you guys going or are you playing it smart and staying home on memorial weekend.

RiverToysJas
05-13-2003, 11:07 AM
hack job:
i thought that they convoy thing was for cbbb (http://www.classicboatbeachbash.com) wink op6c has to copy our stuff now? :rolleyes: Yes, the first CBBB (http://www.classicboatbeachbash.com) (an event I also helped organize wink ) had a caravan that was a lot of fun and this will be much like that one. The OP6 Convoy has been in the works on this message board since January!!! eek! See page three or four of the OP6C V thread, or search Hot Spots West for Convoy. wink
"Convoying to the river for an event or party is a registered trademark of Classic Boat Beach Bash and its affiliates, including liquidaddiction (http://www.liquidaddiction.net) and Rivertoys (http://www.rivertoys.com)." Thank you. :p
On a side note, Jordy was the one who stepped up to organize the AZ convoy.
[ May 13, 2003, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

RiverToysJas
05-13-2003, 11:14 AM
HotHallet:
Hey RiverToys- I will be in Havasu that weekend covering the Commander Regatta for the new Water Toys section of Truckin'Magazine. It would be cool to see you guys. Where are you going to be at? I am Going to Blythe for memorial. Where are you guys going or are you playing it smart and staying home on memorial weekend. You mean where is OP6??? You're asking like you never heard of it! :D It'll be on Havasu, Saturday the 21st. IF you get on the arrival list, the exact details will be e-mailed to you the week of the event. wink Hope to see you there.

JetBoatRich
05-13-2003, 11:26 AM
Lancaster Group heading out at 9am Friday. :D

THOR
05-13-2003, 11:52 AM
RTJason,
8:00? Lets roll around 6:30. :D

HBjet
05-13-2003, 12:10 PM
THOR:
RTJason,
8:00? Lets roll around 6:30. :D You damn early bird!
I'm on for a little convoy! Does everyone have CB's and a copy of the song Convoy? If you don' have either, I can't help you on the CB's, but I can burn you a copy of Convoy the song.
HBjet tradition when climbing up the summit on the 10 is to play Convoy as I pass all the truckers!
HBjet

BADAXE
05-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Convoy from Ventura County / S.F. Valley?
I'll be leaving Friday morning, going 101 to 210 to 10 and try to hook up with the O.C. convoy for breakfast. Anyone game?
Oh yea, and I'm with Thor, I'd like to get an early start and get on the boat on the lake early afternoon on friday.

SCUBA STEVE
05-13-2003, 12:20 PM
I'll joing the OC run. Filling up the tank might become an issue for me, 26 gallon tank, only gets me so far. frown

SCUBA STEVE
05-13-2003, 12:24 PM
HBjet:
Does everyone have CB's and a copy of the song Convoy? If you don' have either, I can't help you on the CB's, but I can burn you a copy of Convoy the song.
HBjet tradition when climbing up the summit on the 10 is to play Convoy as I pass all the truckers!
HBjet Will 2 way radio's work?
Maybe the convoy should plan to leave a little earlier, nothing like having a little more afternoon water time.

Ziggy
05-13-2003, 12:37 PM
HotHallet:
Hey RiverToys- I will be in Havasu that weekend covering the Commander Regatta for the new Water Toys section of Truckin'Magazine. It would be cool to see you guys. Where are you going to be at? I am Going to Blythe for memorial. Where are you guys going or are you playing it smart and staying home on memorial weekend. Hey HotHallet....Commander Boats regatta ain't til July 18, 19, 20th this year. Its always been on Fathers Day weekends before. :confused:
Ziggy
Heading out of SD area friday eve...gotta work :mad:
[ May 13, 2003, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Ziggy ]

RiverToysJas
05-13-2003, 12:43 PM
I'm down for an early start, A later start was suggested to me because Friday may be a late night for most of us and Saturday is the big day.
So we can roll as early as 07:00, but I wouldn't want to start any earlier, esp if other folks from further back are going to meet up with us.
06:30?
07:00?
07:30?
08:00?
08:30?
09:00?
Lets vote! wink

ROZ
05-13-2003, 01:15 PM
Anyone leaving Wed. night or Thursday morning?

SCUBA STEVE
05-13-2003, 01:39 PM
What ever time works for me, I only live 20 minutes from the OC convoy location.
Are they still working on the 91 right around where the 10 on ramp is? I hate those dam concrete barriers on the shoulder.
another route to consider, is the 91, 57, 60, 10.
Or 91,15,60,10, or cut out the 60 all together. It might not be the shortest route, but towing on the 60 before the 10, kind of sucks. I'll roll with the punches though, and tough out any route you guys choose. :)

Sandbar Mike
05-13-2003, 01:42 PM
Damn I was hoping we'd have a little pre-party on the lake Friday,
Anybody head'n out thursday afternoon?

Boozer
05-13-2003, 01:43 PM
Anyone confirmed to come from somewhere further then Colorado?
If I can get the time off I will be out there.
May be making a career change here soon so I might just time it out so that I can head out to OP6 between jobs. I'll have the crappyest boat there but who cares, im just in it for the bitches and booze.

RiverToysJas
05-13-2003, 01:44 PM
I figured 91, 10, takes us across several frwys (57, 55, 15, & 60) on our way to the 10, so others can join in. It also bring us through the heart of Riverside. 91 60 would work, I'm not against going through Moreno Valley out to the 10, but I think 91-10 is simpler and doesn't have the twisty mountain section to deal with.
> If others feel strongly about changing the route, it's not a big deal though.
08:00 is my vote on the time.

SCUBA STEVE
05-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Boozer:
im just in it for the bitches and booze. I think we are all in it for the same reasons :D

SCUBA STEVE
05-13-2003, 01:52 PM
91-10, 8am sounds good to me. I just dont care for the on ramp from the 91 to the 10 too much. You have to change lanes really quick. and with a convoy it might be tough to do. just my .02.

hack job
05-13-2003, 02:07 PM
RiverToysJas:
hack job:
i thought that they convoy thing was for cbbb (http://www.classicboatbeachbash.com) wink op6c has to copy our stuff now? :rolleyes: Yes, the first CBBB (http://www.classicboatbeachbash.com) (an event I also helped organize wink ) had a caravan that was a lot of fun and this will be much like that one. The OP6 Convoy has been in the works on this message board since January!!! eek! See page three or four of the OP6C V thread, or search Hot Spots West for Convoy. wink
"Convoying to the river for an event or party is a registered trademark of Classic Boat Beach Bash and its affiliates, including liquidaddiction (http://www.liquidaddiction.net) and Rivertoys (http://www.rivertoys.com)." Thank you. :p
On a side note, Jordy was the one who stepped up to organize the AZ convoy.
RTJas :D i dont think you undersatnd! :rolleyes:

gmnhra
05-13-2003, 02:15 PM
you guys need your beauty sleep or what????
by 8 a.m. on friday i'll be having breakfast at badnochs.....

THOR
05-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Well, HB said the song 'convoy' but I vote for 'east bound and down' by Jerry Reed from Smokey and the Bandit. :D :p

75_Elim
05-13-2003, 02:21 PM
BADAXE:
I'll be leaving Friday morning, going 101 to 210 to 10 and try to hook up with the O.C. convoy for breakfast. Anyone game?
Oh yea, and I'm with Thor, I'd like to get an early start and get on the boat on the lake early afternoon on friday. I'll be heading out from the S. F Valley Friday AM. with Miller19 and Bigamist. If you cut across the 23 north in Thousand Oaks to the 118 we can meet up. The 118 turn into the 210 east.

BADAXE
05-13-2003, 02:32 PM
75_Elim:
BADAXE:
Oh yea, and I'm with Thor, I'd like to get an early start and get on the boat on the lake early afternoon on friday. I'll be heading out from the S. F Valley Friday AM. with Miller19 and Bigamist. If you cut across the 23 north in Thousand Oaks to the 118 we can meet up. The 118 turn into the 210 east. That sounds good to me. Where is the meeting place and what time?

BIGAMIST
05-13-2003, 02:38 PM
BADAXE:
75_Elim:
BADAXE:
Oh yea, and I'm with Thor, I'd like to get an early start and get on the boat on the lake early afternoon on friday. I'll be heading out from the S. F Valley Friday AM. with Miller19 and Bigamist. If you cut across the 23 north in Thousand Oaks to the 118 we can meet up. The 118 turn into the 210 east. That sounds good to me. Where is the meeting place and what time? The Candycat :D wink :D wink

DEEZ NUTTS
05-13-2003, 02:43 PM
Any of you easterners going through Flagstaff on I-40 mid morning-ish on Friday we can hook up.

DickDanger
05-13-2003, 02:55 PM
Im in as well. Ill just need to know where to meet up cos I be hitting the 91 via Van Buren. As weak as it sounds, I have a CB in the truck for entertainment purposes, so if anyone else has one, let me know. Also, anyone that is coming from far away, and wants to get a head start, you are more than welcome to stay at the house the night prior, and then everyone leave on Friday morning. I have enough room on the property for 6-8 boats and rigs. We can do a little partying the night before, with the pool table, blackjack table, darts, bar, big screen, which I make sure that the "Best of Jenna" is playing....lol -DD Out
[ May 13, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

DEEZ NUTTS
05-13-2003, 03:00 PM
RD, same distance from Flag to Havasu as Phoenix to Havasu. I'm looking more for anyone comming through on I-40.

SCUBA STEVE
05-13-2003, 03:06 PM
DickDanger:
Im in as well. Ill just need to know where to meet up cos I be hitting the 91 via Van Buren. As weak as it sounds, I have a CB in the truck for entertainment purposes, so if anyone else has one, let me know. Also, anyone that is coming from far away, and wants to get a head start, you are more than welcome to stay at the house the night prior, and then everyone leave on Friday morning. I have enough room on the property for 6-8 boats and rigs. We can do a little partying the night before, with the pool table, blackjack table, darts, bar, big screen, which I make sure that the "Best of Jenna" is playing....lol -DD Out Sounds like you have a mini vegas going on there.
:D

DickDanger
Again, everyone is welcome. I can find room for all you fockers, no worries. Steve, since you havent been to the house yet, I would advise you to show up Thurs, with some pocket change. It was built for one thing.....parties!!!! -DD Out
[ May 13, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

THOR
Anyone from OC going I-40 to Havasu or is everyone going out Rice Road? It takes me about the same time.

DEEZ NUTTS
05-13-2003, 03:11 PM
I also would like to open my house up for anyone comming through Flag on thursday night. Plenty of boat parking any size.

RiverToysJas
05-13-2003, 03:49 PM
THOR:
Anyone from OC going I-40 to Havasu or is everyone going out Rice Road? It takes me about the same time. If it's up to me, the convoy won't be towing rice road. We'll be going through Blyth and up from Earenburg(sp?). I will tow rice this time, if the majority want to though.
This way the many people who are staying in Parker or at Havasu Springs(like me wink ) can be part of the Convoy.
[ May 13, 2003, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

THOR
05-13-2003, 03:52 PM
Ah-ha,
I am staying on the island so I think I will head out I-40. So, if anyone wants to follow or lead or whatever, just post and let me know.

SCUBA STEVE
05-13-2003, 03:52 PM
DickDanger:
Again, everyone is welcome. I can find room for all you fockers, no worries. Steve, since you havent been to the house yet, I would advise you to show up Thurs, with some pocket change. It was built for one thing.....parties!!!! -DD Out If I do that I might not have any money left for the event. :D

RiverToysJas
05-13-2003, 03:55 PM
hack job:
i dont think you undersatnd! :rolleyes: I thought I did! idea Sorry, I'm very dense, and not real bright, comes from living with a 3yo & 1yo! wink
[ May 13, 2003, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

SCUBA STEVE
05-13-2003, 03:55 PM
RiverToysJas:
THOR:
Anyone from OC going I-40 to Havasu or is everyone going out Rice Road? It takes me about the same time. If it's up to me, the convoy won't be towing rice road. We'll be going through Blyth and up from Earenburg(sp?). I will tow rice this time, if the majority want to though.
This way the many people who are staying in Parker or at Havasu Springs(like me wink ) can be part of the Convoy.
RTJas :D Time to go to school, is Rice road the 177, or the 62 through 29 palms? I know they both meet up at one point. :confused:

H2on22
05-13-2003, 04:33 PM
Hey Badax, Bigamist and 75 elim maybe I can hook up with you guys where the 118 and the 210 meet. Although I know where the CandyCat is. But is that a kids candy store? :D
Let me know what time you guys think you will meet.
[ May 13, 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: H2on22 ]

beached 1
05-13-2003, 05:36 PM
RiverToysJas:
Earenburg(sp?).
RTJas :D Ehrenburg.
I think...

beached 1
05-13-2003, 05:39 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
Time to go to school, is Rice road the 177, or the 62 through 29 palms? I know they both meet up at one point. :confused: Rice Road is the one that comes off the I10 @ Desrt Ctr. 62 is the one that goes through 29.

SCUBA STEVE
05-13-2003, 05:52 PM
beached 1:
SCUBA STEVE:
Time to go to school, is Rice road the 177, or the 62 through 29 palms? I know they both meet up at one point. :confused: Rice Road is the one that comes off the I10 @ Desrt Ctr. 62 is the one that goes through 29. thanks & ehrenburg is the CA 95?

77charger
05-13-2003, 06:12 PM
sounds good 8 am is perfect for me aince i need to drop off little 77 charger at my mother in laws for the weekend.And the meeting spot is only 5 min from me.

BADAXE
05-13-2003, 06:19 PM
H2on22:
Hey Badax, Bigamist and 75 elim maybe I can hook up with you guys where the 118 and the 210 meet. Although I know where the CandyCat is. But is that a kids candy store? :D
Let me know what time you guys think you will meet. Yeah, sounds great. the more the better. I'm waiting for 75elim to reply about time and place.
As for the Candy Cat...as far as my wife knows...I have no idea what or where it is. wink

Kilrtoy
05-13-2003, 06:22 PM
As for the Candy Cat...as far as my wife knows...I have no idea what or where it is.
Shit I have to drtag the misses from that place. Have walked home many a-nights from the CAT.......

BADAXE
05-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Kilrtoy:
As for the Candy Cat...as far as my wife knows...I have no idea what or where it is.
Shit I have to drtag the misses from that place. Have walked home many a-nights from the CAT....... You're Da Man!
Hey, Kilrtoy you going to convoy with the rest of the valley dudes?

HBjet
05-13-2003, 06:58 PM
I say we DO NOT take Rice Road with this many people going. Someone isn't going to run as fast as the rest, and it's just safer with all of use to avoid it. I will not be taking Rice Road for this trip out there.
THOR, I play East Bound and Down right after Convoy, so I got it covered!
RD, you can crash at our house the night before if you like! Just let us know, we have an empty bed for ya.
HBjet

beached 1
05-13-2003, 07:32 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
thanks & ehrenburg is the CA 95? No the CA 95 is AKA Intake road. It intersects with the I10 in downtown Blythe, also with Vidal Jct. Which BTW can also be taken up into parker. Just remember to turn right on Wilson up near Lost lake and cross ove the river there. Otherwise, you will have to run all the way up to Vidal.

JetBoatRich
05-13-2003, 07:33 PM
Antelope Valley Group will have to meet somewhere around the 15 and 58.
The Candy Cat, been there for the candy before on Devonshire I believe. :D

Kilrtoy
05-13-2003, 08:19 PM
Hey, Kilrtoy you going to convoy with the rest of the valley dudes?
No I doubt it,
We were planning on heading up there on wednesday......

El Chingon
05-13-2003, 11:01 PM
Hey SandbarMike, We'll take you up on your friday pre-party offer. 6 person crew leaving thursday late afternoon from East San Gabriel Valley. See you on the water.
Steve :)
[ May 14, 2003, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: El Chingon ]

Havasu Doug
05-13-2003, 11:26 PM
HBjet:
THOR:
RTJason,
8:00? Lets roll around 6:30. :D You damn early bird!
I'm on for a little convoy! Does everyone have CB's and a copy of the song Convoy? If you don' have either, I can't help you on the CB's, but I can burn you a copy of Convoy the song.
HBjet I not only have the song, but the whole album by C.W. McCall on vinyl. :D
Jason count me as confirmed from the starting point. :)

THOR
05-14-2003, 05:47 AM
beached 1:
SCUBA STEVE:
thanks & ehrenburg is the CA 95? No the CA 95 is AKA Intake road. It intersects with the I10 in downtown Blythe, also with Vidal Jct. Which BTW can also be taken up into parker. Just remember to turn right on Wilson up near Lost lake and cross ove the river there. Otherwise, you will have to run all the way up to Vidal. Will someone post a map. I havent been on Rice Road or 95 that far south for years.
THOR 'lost again'

Party Cat
05-14-2003, 06:41 AM
Here ya go.......
http://www.irnoyfb.com/maps/ricerd.jpg

SCUBA STEVE
05-14-2003, 07:17 AM
thanks for the map, everything is more clear now. I have one put just havent taken a look at it. (lazy ass)

waterndog
05-14-2003, 08:18 AM
Sandbar Mike:
Anybody head'n out thursday afternoon? I'm following PartyCat up Thurs night so we'll be on the water Friday!

TrojanDan
05-14-2003, 08:18 AM
Sandbar Mike:
Anybody head'n out thursday afternoon? Hell yes! Maybe a run upto Park Moabi?

TrojanDan
05-14-2003, 08:20 AM
waterndog:
Sandbar Mike:
Anybody head'n out thursday afternoon? I'm following PartyCat up Thurs night so we'll be on the water Friday! Great minds think a like! :D

Party Cat
05-14-2003, 08:40 AM
waterndog:
Sandbar Mike:
Anybody head'n out thursday afternoon? I'm following PartyCat up Thurs night so we'll be on the water Friday! That's if you're not hung over :D :D :D

RiverToysJas
05-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Party Cat:
Here ya go.......
http://www.irnoyfb.com/maps/ricerd.jpg Thanks PC!
The road we're taking is not on that map. It runs straight up from Ehrenberg to Parker. It's 6-7 miles longer than rice road, but much safer and easier to tow.

beached 1
05-14-2003, 08:54 AM
RiverToysJas:
It's 6-7 miles longer than rice road, but much safer and easier to tow.
RTJas :D Big Mouth!
Should have never showed you that way

waterndog
05-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Party Cat:
waterndog:
Sandbar Mike:
Anybody head'n out thursday afternoon? I'm following PartyCat up Thurs night so we'll be on the water Friday! That's if you're not hung over :D :D :D LOL !I just won't stop drinking :D

Party Cat
05-14-2003, 08:59 AM
waterndog:
[QBLOL !I just won't stop drinking D [/QB]Won't ya be kinda busy makin up for lost time with your 2 friends :D :D :D

RiverToysJas
05-14-2003, 09:04 AM
beached 1:
RiverToysJas:
:D Thanks Dude, all my friends tow that way now. I also have "Follow Me, I Tow Ehrenberg" bumper stickers made for everyone. wink :D :D

Jrocket
05-14-2003, 05:41 PM
beached 1:
RiverToysJas:
:D No kidding!!...You should show me though.... :D

Rexone
05-14-2003, 11:37 PM
RiverDave:
Jason, i know ya said it's not a race, but can we race a little bit?
RD you just better hope burt's not showin up wink

beached 1
05-15-2003, 01:40 AM
Rexone:
you just better hope burt's not showin up wink [/b][/QUOTE]
"The is no way you came from my loins. Went we get home, I'm gonna punch yo mamma in the mouth."
"But why Daddy?

THOR
05-15-2003, 05:38 AM
Buford T. Justice

boatnam2
05-15-2003, 05:47 AM
we will be leaving friday morning 91 and 15.

68campbell
05-15-2003, 06:54 AM
Anyone leaving Thursday from the Central coast. I would leave w/ miller19, but I can't wait til friday.

THOR
05-15-2003, 07:45 AM
RiverDave:
So who's on the roll call for leaving Friday morning from O.C. out the 91?
RD Yo, I am in for the 91 in the morning. But, I may be leaving a tad earlier than you all. But, since I am pulling with an Expedition, you should catch me. :mad:

THOR
05-15-2003, 08:58 AM
I should be rollin' out around 6:30 or so. You guys should catch me around Ehrnenberg.

RiverToysJas
05-15-2003, 09:09 AM
THOR:
I should be rollin' out around 6:30 or so. You guys should catch me around Ehrnenberg. If you don't roll with the rest of us, you won't be part of the official video and photographs.... :rolleyes: wink :p

SCUBA STEVE
05-15-2003, 09:16 AM
I'll be part of the 91 crew, even with all the bitching & complaining I did earlier. :cool: Anyone else towing with a dodge? Maybe we should line up by car make,or boat make & length?
RD, your not towing, right? Are you going to be albe to hang with the slow pack?

THOR
05-15-2003, 09:50 AM
RiverToysJas:
THOR:
I should be rollin' out around 6:30 or so. You guys should catch me around Ehrnenberg. If you don't roll with the rest of us, you won't be part of the official video and photographs.... :rolleyes: wink :p Yes I will, if you fockers get up and rollin'. sleeping sleeping sleeping

boatnam2
05-15-2003, 09:53 AM
were not towing so we will probaly miss out on the 55mph crawl to the river.

kphayes
05-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Where the hell's Jordy with the AZ caravan? Paging Jordy, Paging Jordy, come in Jordy. When you leaving? Thursday or Friday?

CAHotRodBoy
05-15-2003, 11:47 AM
What is OP6C V?
Is it a private party or is open to all?

JetBoatRich
05-15-2003, 11:51 AM
Do your home work and you will figure it out! wink

75_Elim
05-15-2003, 12:22 PM
BADAXE:
H2on22:
Let me know what time you guys think you will meet. Yeah, sounds great. the more the better. I'm waiting for 75elim to reply about time and place.
As for the Candy Cat...as far as my wife knows...I have no idea what or where it is. wink Sorry guys, been way too frikin busy here at work!!
Now Jeff (Bigamist) The Candy Cat is a fine place as many of us valley folks know, however, It wouldn't be the best place to start a trip. Perhaps a drink or two or five there when we return, but not to start :) I'd suggest meeting in the Target parking lot on the corner of Balboa and San Fernando Mission. For the folks coming from the north you would exit the 118 east and turn right. Target will be on your right about 1/4 mile down. They have a big parking lot to gather up the troops, snap some pics and there are 3 gas stations on that corner as well. Shell,76 and Mobil. A Cheveron is also just up the street if need.
As for a time...I'd like to be out half-way early just so I don't have to pull up the grade in Palm Springs during the heat. I'm about 2-1/2 towing hours from P.S so 7:00ish would be preffered. I know that makes it an even earlier departure for the northern crowd, but I just think it's better for our rides.
What we could do is meet at the Candy Cat sometime nest week and discuss this over some beers and boobs!! :) :)
Let me know what you'll think
[ May 15, 2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: 75_Elim ]

miller19j
05-15-2003, 12:30 PM
75_Elim:
As for a time...I'd like to be out half-way early just so I don't have to pull up the grade in Palm Springs during the heat. I'm about 2-1/2 towing hours from P.S so 7:00ish would be preffered. IUhh……uhh…uhh…..7:00….as in AM? eek!

Hustler
05-15-2003, 12:34 PM
75_Elim:
BADAXE:
H2on22:
As for the Candy Cat...as far as my wife knows...I have no idea what or where it is. wink Sorry guys, been way too frikin busy here at work!!
Now Jeff (Bigamist) The Candy Cat is a fine place as many of us valley folks know, however, It wouldn't be the best place to start a trip. Perhaps a drink or two or five there when we return, but not to start :) I'd suggest meeting in the Target parking lot on the corner of Balboa and San Fernando Mission. For the folks coming from the north you would exit the 118 east and turn right. Target will be on your right about 1/4 mile down. They have a big parking lot to gather up the troops, snap some pics and there are 3 gas stations on that corner as well. Shell,76 and Mobil. A Cheveron is also just up the street if need.
As for a time...I'd like to be out half-way early just so I don't have to pull up the grade in Palm Springs during the heat. I'm about 2-1/2 towing hours from P.S so 7:00ish would be preffered. I know that makes it an even earlier departure for the northern crowd, but I just think it's better for our rides.
What we could do is meet at the Candy Cat sometime nest week and discuss this over some beers and boobs!! :) :)
Let me know what you'll think First off, Whats Up Jerry? why are you going to take the 10 out to Havasu from our neck of the woods? why not go out the 14 to say the 58? if you plan on leaving around 7:30 your going to hit some good traffic in Pasadena and Monrovia. Just a thought, I'm not sure when i am leaving yet but if I do head out friday morning I'll be going out the 14.
[ May 15, 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Hustler ]

75_Elim
05-15-2003, 12:41 PM
Hustler:
75_Elim:
BADAXE:
H2on22:
Let me know what you'll think First off, Whats Up Jerry? why are you going to take the 10 out to Havasu from our neck of the woods? why not go out the 14 to say the 58? if you plan on leaving around 7:30 your going to hit some good traffic in Pasadena and Monrovia. Just a thought, I'm not sure when i am leaving yet but if I do head out friday morning I'll be going out the 14. What's up Joe?? I've been needing to talk with you about some boat interior things. I'll give you a buzz tonight.
The 14 is a good option. I have no problem with that. We can still catch that from the Target meeting area.

Hustler
05-15-2003, 12:50 PM
Give me a call at home tonight. How many people are looking to convoy from the SFV area?

bordsmnj
05-15-2003, 01:21 PM
where do i sign up for the "91"crew at ???? :confused: wink :D :p i wanna be in the movie too :D still don't know when we're leaving though gonna hafta read all 100 or so posts on this one i guess. BUT for now i'm off to the river........ smile_sp

bordsmnj
05-15-2003, 01:26 PM
beached 1:
Rexone:
you just better hope burt's not showin up wink "The is no way you came from my loins. Went we get home, I'm gonna punch yo mamma in the mouth."
"But why Daddy?
:D [/b][/QUOTE]
"oooo,daddy. look at that big ol' ugly aligator".
"that reminds me Boy; i gotta call yo mamma."

JetBoatRich
05-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Hustler:
75_Elim:
BADAXE:
H2on22:
Let me know what you'll think First off, Whats Up Jerry? why are you going to take the 10 out to Havasu from our neck of the woods? why not go out the 14 to say the 58? if you plan on leaving around 7:30 your going to hit some good traffic in Pasadena and Monrovia. Just a thought, I'm not sure when i am leaving yet but if I do head out friday morning I'll be going out the 14. 14 to the 58 works for us in the A.V.

HBjet
05-15-2003, 04:02 PM
the HBjets will be leaving from OC, probably hook up with RTJ's and then roll to the meeting spot. Does anyone have a CB?
HBjet

RiverToysJas
05-15-2003, 04:22 PM
HBjet:
Does anyone have a CB?
I had once, but the dr gave me some shots. wink

HBjet
05-15-2003, 05:58 PM
RiverToysJas:
HBjet:
Does anyone have a CB?
I had once, but the dr gave me some shots. wink
RTJas :D Was that after the rectal exam?

RiverToysJas
05-15-2003, 06:07 PM
HBjet:
Was that after the rectal exam? No, that's why I don't go to your Dr anymore!!! :p

DickDanger
05-15-2003, 06:08 PM
HB, yep, I have a CB...guess what my handle is??? LMAO....what channel should we all be on?
One of my major goals for the weekend is to see how much I can peer pressure RTJ into drinking...-DD Out
[ May 15, 2003, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

RiverToysJas
05-15-2003, 06:16 PM
DickDanger:
One of my major goals for the weekend is to see how much I can peer pressure RTJ into drinking...-DD Out Why did hear I was on the wagon? OR do you know that my wife will coming this time and I don't drink as much around her, out of respect? :D
RTJas :D <---Don't need to be drunk to act like a drunken fool! wink

DickDanger
05-15-2003, 06:52 PM
No, I figured that you have been known to drink from time to time, but its the AMOUNT that I am talking about here.....lol. I will be happy to share my Cabo with ya if I can snake a ride in that sweet ass boat of yours as well?? -Dick "All about peer pressure" Danger Out
[ May 15, 2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

THOR
05-15-2003, 07:03 PM
HBJet and RTJas,
Are you guys hangin' in Havi on Friday or will you be in parker?

RiverToysJas
05-15-2003, 07:12 PM
THOR:
HBJet and RTJas,
Are you guys hangin' in Havi on Friday or will you be in parker? I'll be on the houseboat, at an undisclosed location (because we don't have a plan wink ), somewhere on Lake Havasu. The houseboat crew is: Me and MrsRTJas, The Disco_chargers, The Boater Bills, and.......I know there's another couple.......oh yeah, 77Charger and the Mrs!!! (J/K Robert :p ) If you see us on the lake feel free to come by and get soaked with water balloons!!! :D
And DD, you're my peer??? :confused: :p J/K bud, bring on your pressure!!!! :rolleyes: :D

BADAXE
05-15-2003, 09:05 PM
75_Elim:
Hustler:
75_Elim:
BADAXE:
H2on22:
Let me know what you'll think First off, Whats Up Jerry? why are you going to take the 10 out to Havasu from our neck of the woods? why not go out the 14 to say the 58? if you plan on leaving around 7:30 your going to hit some good traffic in Pasadena and Monrovia. Just a thought, I'm not sure when i am leaving yet but if I do head out friday morning I'll be going out the 14. What's up Joe?? I've been needing to talk with you about some boat interior things. I'll give you a buzz tonight.
The 14 is a good option. I have no problem with that. We can still catch that from the Target meeting area. I just started a thread for the S.F. Valley convoy.
http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=001340

Havasu Doug
05-16-2003, 12:45 AM
HBjet:
the HBjets will be leaving from OC, probably hook up with RTJ's and then roll to the meeting spot. Does anyone have a CB?
HBjet Yeah, I have a CB, I mean 5 CB's, but I haven't wanted to F up the new truck yet by installing any of them. I think I'll go with a cig lighter plug in type with an external magnet mount on top with the coax running through the window. It will work. :D

beached 1
05-16-2003, 04:02 AM
Havasu Doug:
a cig lighter plug in type with an external magnet mount on top with the coax running through the window. It will work. :D I've been using one of those for years. The Truckers always broadcast about where all the Bears are and which way they're headed or which on ramp they are sittin on. I can't imagine how many tickets it's saved me.

hot_diggity_dog
05-22-2003, 09:14 AM
What's the latest schedule for meeting spots?
:confused:
HDD :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
05-28-2003, 06:04 PM
any plans some what solid yet? I am thinking of peeling off the OC crew at the 62 & head through
29 palms. Just to see which way is faster. (even though its not a race) Coming home this past weekend, there was way less traffic cutting through 29 palms.

RiverToysJas
05-29-2003, 09:36 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
any plans some what solid yet? I am thinking of peeling off the OC crew at the 62 & head through
29 palms. Just to see which way is faster. (even though its not a race) Coming home this past weekend, there was way less traffic cutting through 29 palms. I like cutting through 29 Palms. You typically aviod sand storms that route too. Once I start storing my boat in Yocca Valley, that's the only way I'll be going. As for faster, I think the frwy is faster, no stop lights or enforced 35mph zones. wink

SCUBA STEVE
05-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Yeah I know going through 29 palms should take more time. But for some reason the time goes by faster going that way. Its probably a mind thing because there is more to see going through the city. Those old shacks make me laugh everytime I go through.

SCUBA STEVE
06-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Are we going to do this? I need to start to advise my crew of the departure times. So they dont come up with some last minute excuses.
Thanks.