PDA

View Full Version : CAMP FAR WEST JAN 1'ST WHO'S GOING?

SHERMANINATOR
12-24-2002, 07:42 PM
I PLAN ON COMING OVER THE PASS FROM RENO WITH A FEW FRIENDS IS IT USUALLY A GOOD TURNOUT? I DONT THINK WE ARE BRINGING OUR RIDES BECAUSE OF BAD WEATHER ON DONNER SUMMIT BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING AND IF AND WHAT KIND OF BOATS THEY ARE BRINGING.
AND ANY GENERAL INFO I NEED ON THE LAKE CAUSE I PLAN ON BEING DRUNK FROM THE NIGHT BEFORE.
THANKS!
SHERMAN

jet4fun
12-24-2002, 07:58 PM
i was gonna go there with a bunch of buddies, we usually go every year...
however, we were told that the lake is too low to have any boats, so the event is off for this year cry ...
so im gonna go to nb's party instead since i am already in l.a. for christmas smile_sp

cal***boat
12-24-2002, 08:10 PM
From what i understand everything is a go for New Years Day at CFW.
The lake level is up and alot of boats will be there.
Check the v-drive forum
We will be there just to watch and put some faces with all the people in here.

BigBoyToys
12-24-2002, 08:10 PM
jet4fun:
however, we were told that the lake is too low to have any boats, so the event is off for this year cry ...
so im gonna go to nb's party instead since i am already in l.a. for christmas smile_sp No No No....There's lotsa water in the lake and it's definitely on for New Years! Expecting a record turnout this year! See all the talk about CFW in the V-Drive forum. We will be there starting this weekend with 2 boats.....

BigBoyToys
12-24-2002, 08:11 PM
cal***boat:
From what i understand everything is a go for New Years Day at CFW.
The lake level is up and alot of boats will be there.
Check the v-drive forum
We will be there just to watch and put some faces with all the people in here. Hey Dave, what day ya going up? We are gonna head up Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning to beat the crowds and test the boats a bit more...

jet4fun
12-24-2002, 08:24 PM
BigBoyToys:
jet4fun:
so im gonna go to nb's party instead since i am already in l.a. for christmas smile_sp No No No....There's lotsa water in the lake and it's definitely on for New Years! Expecting a record turnout this year! See all the talk about CFW in the V-Drive forum. We will be there starting this weekend with 2 boats..... oh, my bad boxed looks like im a little behind on my info... looks like im not gonna make it this year cry , but i'll call my buddy to tell him to go and i'll also chew him out argue since hes the one that gave me the info in the 1st. place

SHERMANINATOR
12-24-2002, 08:26 PM
WHAT IS THE TURNOUT LIKE AND HOW WILL IT BE ON THE 1'ST #'S OF PEOPLE IS THERE PARKING JUST TO COME UP FOR THE DAY THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS ILL CHECK OUT V-DRIVES PAGE
SHERMAN

BigBoyToys
12-24-2002, 08:30 PM
SHERMANINATOR:
WHAT IS THE TURNOUT LIKE AND HOW WILL IT BE ON THE 1'ST #'S OF PEOPLE IS THERE PARKING JUST TO COME UP FOR THE DAY THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS ILL CHECK OUT V-DRIVES PAGE
SHERMAN There will be lotsa room to park. And from what I understand, maybe 1000-2000 people there. We'll see. Make sure ya head on out to the South Shore where all the action is. Just come on in and close the gate behind ya.

cal***boat
12-24-2002, 08:33 PM
Jim;
We are going to try to head out early Weds morn.
I have never been there so i dont really know how to get there from my place and how long it will take also.
e-mail me some directions and were you will be at on the lake.
Been trying to talk bruce into taking his hydro up to run it but he keeps coming up some kind of lame reason why he can`t make it.
It would be nice if he did show up, that way we would have a true 7 second hydro next to us. LOL
E-MAIL ME BACK, talk to ya soon, Dave

BigBoyToys
12-24-2002, 08:47 PM
Here ya go Dave...from your place. It's pretty simple. Highway 20 into Yuba City, then tak highway 65 towards Lincoln/Roseville, take main St. in Wheatland and follow it on out to the lake.
1: Start out going Southeast on MAIN ST toward CA-29/CA-175. 0.50 miles
2: Turn LEFT onto CA-29/CA-175. Continue to follow CA-29. 14.23 miles
3: Turn LEFT onto CA-53 N. 7.41 miles
4: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto CA-20 E. 71.61 miles
5: Stay straight to go onto CA-70 S/E ST. Continue to follow CA-70 S. 4.55 miles
6: Take the CA-65 S exit on the left. 0.31 miles
7: Merge onto CA-65 S. 8.48 miles
8: Turn LEFT onto MAIN ST (Wheatland)

SHERMANINATOR
12-24-2002, 08:51 PM
MORE STUPID ?'S IS THERE A FEE TO GET IN I'VE NEVER BEEN TO A CALI LAKE WE PRETTY MUCH HANG OUT IN NORTHERN NEVADA. BUT I WANT TO CHECK OUT SOME CALI LAKES AND THAT LOW ELEVATION IS THERE MARKERS FOR THE SOUTH GATE?
I ASSUME YOU CAN BRING BEER AND HOW EARLY CAN YOU SHOW UP THANKS MAN
SHERMAN

BigBoyToys
12-24-2002, 08:59 PM
Show up when ya want....gate will be closed at the South Shore but unlocked. Just close the gate behind ya. I believe there is a day use fee of $5.00 ($10.00 with boat), but the South Shore store will not be open. North Shore store will be open though.... Get there before Midnight on New Years Eve and Hear (and see) all the boats fire'em up at midnight!

BigBoyToys
12-24-2002, 09:00 PM
And yes...Bring all the Beer ya want (and then some). Should also be a live band there (there usually is).

BigBoyToys
12-24-2002, 09:02 PM
Sherm...Should be about a 2 1/2 hour trip for ya.
Dave....should be about a 1 1/2 to 2 hour trip for you.

SHERMANINATOR
12-24-2002, 09:10 PM
SWEET SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TIME I HOPE THERE IS SOME NICE TRIM THERE TOO IM SURE THERE WILL BE.
BUT IM BRINGING RAIN GEAR JUST IN CASE.
SHERMAN

BigBoyToys
12-24-2002, 09:14 PM
SHERMANINATOR:
SWEET SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TIME I HOPE THERE IS SOME NICE TRIM THERE TOO IM SURE THERE WILL BE.
BUT IM BRINGING RAIN GEAR JUST IN CASE.
SHERMAN Yep and yep.....

SHERMANINATOR
12-24-2002, 11:06 PM
would anyone happen to have a nearest city or zip code for the area around the lake so i can use map quest thanks!
sherman

BigBoyToys
12-25-2002, 02:58 AM
Try Wheatland, CA
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=&city=wheatland&state=ca&zipcode=&homesubmit=Get+Map
from Reno, take I-80 to Highway 65, Go West (you can only go one way from I-80) towards Lincoln, go through Lincoln on 65 to Wheatland, TUrn Right on Main St in Wheatland (main Turns into Spenceville Rd) follow it on out to where it splits (sign Says Beale AFB Left, CFW Right) turn right, follow the road on out until ya see the Lake, go across the Bridge to get to South Shore.
[ December 25, 2002, 03:07 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Hud
12-25-2002, 04:57 AM
When you get to the end of the road hang a right to go over the bridge.

Hud
12-25-2002, 05:02 AM
BBT, how much of that fuel did you want. I have a whole drum if you like. Or we can do as many 5's as you like. Merry Christmas, from the Hudson's.

BigBoyToys
12-25-2002, 05:14 AM
Hud:
BBT, how much of that fuel did you want. I have a whole drum if you like. Or we can do as many 5's as you like. Merry Christmas, from the Hudson's. Will get in touch with ya this Friday or Saturday. Depends on which vehicles I take, I don't think a 55 gal drum will fit in the motorhome or Suburban....

Hud
12-25-2002, 05:17 AM
Ok BBT, you do have my number don't you.

BigBoyToys
12-25-2002, 05:32 AM
Hud:
Ok BBT, you do have my number don't you. i wrote it down somewhere's...probably lost it though (hectic week). PM me with it.

BigBoyToys
12-25-2002, 05:35 AM
Ordered my Nitrous this morning :D ... Should be here Friday. :D
I had to order it before my 10% off Xmas present from Summit expired.
[ December 25, 2002, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Hud
12-25-2002, 05:44 AM
Sounds good, I'll start looking for a 5 th wheel trailer tomorrow. No more tents for me. Check your pm's.

BigBoyToys
12-25-2002, 05:45 AM
Hud:
Sounds good, I'll start looking for a 5 th wheel trailer tomorrow. No more tents for me. Check your pm's. I hear ya. That's why we purchased the motorhome. Last summer camping in tents was just too rough on the back.

BigBoyToys
12-25-2002, 05:47 AM
We also purchased a "backup" generator yesterday. Just in case...
And speaking of which, reckon I oughta go put the thing together and test it out before heading out to Arbuckle to do the Xmas thing.
[ December 25, 2002, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Hud
12-25-2002, 05:51 AM
Lol's yep might be a good ideal. Have a nice Christmas. Give me a call, see ya!!

BigBoyToys
12-25-2002, 05:53 AM
Hey Hud, what's yer boat look like? I might have seen it out at CFW this year? We went to CFW probably 15 times this year....We ran 2 boats up there, an Orange Syndicate Jet with a wing on it and a White and Blue Biesemeyer Flat (SS/PS 33 on the Side of it). I ran alot of Drags in the cove with the Syndicate and Circles in the cove with the Biesemeyer....(only ran circles when no other boats were runnin' in the Cove out of respect for others)
Oooopppss..looks like I pissed someone else off! My Rating is dropping fast! LOL
[ December 25, 2002, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Hud
12-25-2002, 08:03 AM
It's the Black & Rainbow Howard sitting in the Cove in the readers rides v drive section. Hot Nutted boat.

oldphart
12-25-2002, 09:55 AM
I only live 15 min. from CFW if the weather gets too nasty. I go every year and its usually a good party

Bird Percher
12-25-2002, 10:03 AM
BigBoyToys:
And yes...Bring all the Beer ya want (and then some). Should also be a live band there (there usually is). BBT there has never been a band in the 10 years I have been going there, Who are you getting your info from? He doesnt know either. jawdrop :D

Bird Percher
12-25-2002, 10:08 AM
Hey Big Boy Toys, when do you sleep!!!! You were on the computer all night. eek!

BigBoyToys
12-25-2002, 04:39 PM
Bird Percher:
BigBoyToys:
And yes...Bring all the Beer ya want (and then some). Should also be a live band there (there usually is). BBT there has never been a band in the 10 years I have been going there, Who are you getting your info from? He doesnt know either. jawdrop :D BP, I was thinking 4th of July (there was one then) my mistake.

BigBoyToys
12-25-2002, 04:41 PM
Bird Percher:
Hey Big Boy Toys, when do you sleep!!!! You were on the computer all night. eek! No, I went to bed around 9pm and got up at 2:45 am. I usually get outta bed everyday (7 days a week, 365 days a year) around 3:00am. Never could figure out why....just a morning person I guess. Besides, when ya have 5 kids in the house fighting all day, sometimes the best times are when they are asleep :)

SHERMANINATOR
12-25-2002, 06:51 PM
THNAKS FOR THE DIRECTIONS FELLA'S ILL SEE YOU GUYS OUT THERE SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TIME WEATHER PREMITTING.
WE DONT GET TO MANY RACES HERE IN NEVADA JUST ABOUT 10 OR 15 BOATS IN A GOOD WEEKEND FOR US BUT THIS WILL BE A TRIP THANKS AGAIN.
SHERMAN

oldphart
12-26-2002, 07:07 PM
Be careful, there are lotsa boats every year and it seems like there is always some drunk sumbitch doing something stooopid. last year it was a fool in a vdrive repeatedly running down the shallow water no wake bouy about 30 ft off shore at about 60 per. But theres always nice boats, barbeque and tasty babes. ( Iguess theyre tasty momma watches me pretty close) But no bands

SHERMANINATOR
12-26-2002, 10:26 PM
BEER,BOATS,BABES,BARBEQUE DOES IT GET ANY BETTER? OH I THINK NOT!
SHERMAN

infotraker
12-27-2002, 04:07 AM
We will be there probably tues morn - wed , (77 Sanger pickle NO Control). Hope to see Smalls as I have his prop puller.See you there !