PDA

View Full Version : Launching for poker run

Havasu Cig
04-23-2003, 11:29 AM
FYI....We just called the Lake Havasu Marina and thy said the lake is down 2' and therefore no boats over 36' will be allowed to launch.
On the extrem boats mag site another person said he called and they told him the limit was 30'.
Windsor also said that a combine trailer and vehicle length of more than 55' will not be allowed in their lot.
This could be a major problem for people attending the poker run.

Mr.Havasu
04-23-2003, 12:18 PM
We heard that one of the larger boats (preditor) was damaged last week at windsor when it fell off the end of the launch ramp.
We damaged our trailor last year launching at Windsor when we fell off the end of the ramp and that was with a 25' boat. I wouldn't want to launch any thing bigger than a 25 at windsor. If the marina turns the big boats away, they will not have an easy time launching anywhere else.
We do know of a couple who launched their 36 foot skater at the marina last week end. Had to buy a 3 day pass, but other than that didn't have any problems.
[ April 23, 2003, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: warlock25 ]

Havasu Cig
04-23-2003, 01:16 PM
3 day pass? Ever since the new owners took over, that place has gone down hill. What is the reasoning behind making someone buy a 3 day pass to launch once :confused:

Mr.Havasu
04-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Only reason I can think of is $$$$$$$

MissHavasuCig
04-23-2003, 01:52 PM
So what is EBA going to suggest/do for their entrants that have 36'+ boats? I noticed quite a few large Fountains, Skaters, Cigs etc that are over 36' on the list of who's entered already...
:confused:

Havasu Cig
04-23-2003, 01:54 PM
If they keep up their bullshit they will be losing more money. They have pissed off alot of people. I think they would be happier if people were launching sail boats. Someone needs to tell them they bought a marina on Lake Havasu!!!
Everytime I pull in there they comment on the noise of my boat before I even start it. I always have to tell them it has mufflers. They judge you by the looks of the boat before it evens gets wet. :mad:

mbrown2
04-23-2003, 01:57 PM
That sounds like a bunch of crap over at LHM...
Maybe RD does have a shot in the 22 Nordic with all these big boat launching issues. :) :D :)

hot_diggity_dog
04-23-2003, 05:37 PM
I remember last year when the lake was down :mad: and there was a regatta. :D
Steve at Savage Marine rented a crane wink and they craned them in for everyone. :D :D
Hey now your thinking!!! :rolleyes:
HDD :cool:

STVBOY
04-23-2003, 05:48 PM
I was told that you pay $25 for one or three days it doesn't matter and they tell you not to rev your motor or they they will kick you out. These owners really do know how to f up things.

silver surfer
04-23-2003, 06:25 PM
My friend launched his 38'Scarab at Havasu Springs three weeks ago. No problems launching, but the ramp was a bit short so they had to push the boat off the trailer. No hassles about noise, three day passes, or size.

TCHB
04-23-2003, 08:04 PM
You should not buy anything from Havasu Marina. If we all stop buying anything from them maybe they will go away broke. Do Not Support the Marina<<< Ass holes>>>>

Jrocket
04-23-2003, 08:09 PM
I was at Havasu Springa 3 weeks ago and the launch ramp there was getting scarry.The big boats were having troubles getting in deep enough.I hope its better now,thats my ramp for this coming weekend.... frown

Chet 17
04-23-2003, 09:32 PM
Relax,I'm here in town now and the water is the highest it has been in awhile, at least compared to two weeks ago.....
Come on down the weather is great
Late
Chet

77charger
04-23-2003, 09:36 PM
with all the big boats i see in havsu you wouldnt think there is a launching prob.Lucky for me i have a 21 ftr that can be launched at all the ramps :D

HTM 572
04-23-2003, 10:14 PM
im a part time resident at havasu springs just left monday waters up, my neighbors had no problem launching there 36 daytona and a 38 hustler slingshot and of course my little 24 htm ss24 ...enjoy derek

Trouble Maker
04-24-2003, 04:25 AM
Look at these water flow reports. Looks like the level will be within a foot of what it's been over the past few years..
That 442.3ft reading must be a misprint, no way does the lake drop 6 feet in one day. It's probably suppose to be 448.3ft. All the other flows are normal/constant for that day, so like I said it's gotta be a misprint....I hope..
http://www.coloradoriverinfo.com/waterflowreports/
[ April 24, 2003, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: Trouble Maker ]

dkreuzen
04-25-2003, 06:41 AM
warlock25:
We heard that one of the larger boats (preditor) was damaged last week at windsor when it fell off the end of the launch ramp.
We damaged our trailor last year launching at Windsor when we fell off the end of the ramp and that was with a 25' boat. I wouldn't want to launch any thing bigger than a 25 at windsor. If the marina turns the big boats away, they will not have an easy time launching anywhere else.
We do know of a couple who launched their 36 foot skater at the marina last week end. Had to buy a 3 day pass, but other than that didn't have any problems. You must have used the south ramp, it is the one with the drop off. I recommend that anything over 25' use the north ramp, when the water is low, as it does not have a drop off. Keep your drive up until you get out to the no wake bouys and stay in the "channel" from the ramp straight out, do not drift too far north or south as there are shallow spots.
I launched my 28 Sleek two weeks ago when the water was low without any problem.
Dennis

HavasuDreamin'
04-25-2003, 07:09 AM
I know I am going to sound like an A--Hole wink ...but I think part of the problem is the launch facilities were never designed to launch 40'+ ocean boats being towed by semi's, etc.............therefore anytime the lake is down just a little bit, the ocean boaters run the risk of F'ing up their trailers, etc., etc.
Good Luck...........sounds like the poker runners are going to need it. :cool:

Havasu Cig
04-25-2003, 07:49 AM
The problem is the new owners of the Marina are A$$HOLES!!! That ramp is capable of launching very large boats, and according to the waterflow charts and reports from people that are out there the water is near normal levels.
It is not just the large boats that are having problems there, so everybody needs to boycot buying stuff from them. They are truly not friendly to performance boats, and it has been getting worse over the past couple years.
Any boat that has through transom or over the transom exhaust runs the risk of being kicked out of there. I had the manager run out of his office when I had my Mach because of the noise of our boat, and another smaller boat that were launching. The guy was a real prick!!
As far as people not liking the larger boats, well all I can say is live with it. We have debated this many times before. I started out with a small jet boat (actually Jet Ski's as a kid), and have moved up over the years. we boat in both the ocean and own a place at Havasu. I am not going to buy two boats so I can boat in both places.
When I had my smaller boats I always liked looking at, and talking to the people with the larger boats. There did not seem to be the animosity back then, and I don't know what has changed.
It is funny, but I have had a few people in smaller jet boats make comments about our Cig being to big (then they drive away because they have no balls to back up their mouth), but when I had the smaller boats I never had one person in a large boat make dickhead comments to us.
Anyways I just felt the need to vent, soryy if I pissed anybody off. If you see us at Havasu in our Cig feel free to come hang out. I like all boats whatever the size.

Havasu Cig
04-25-2003, 08:29 AM
RiverDave:
Mr. HavasuCig, your boat is to big. There I said it.. Now can I get a ride or what? :D
RD If I can get it into the water this weekend you are more than welcome. :D

HavasuDreamin'
04-25-2003, 08:34 AM
Havasu Cig:
The problem is the new owners of the Marina are A$$HOLES!!!
It is not just the large boats that are having problems there, so everybody needs to boycot buying stuff from them. They are truly not friendly to performance boats, and it has been getting worse over the past couple years.
Any boat that has through transom or over the transom exhaust runs the risk of being kicked out of there. I had the manager run out of his office when I had my Mach because of the noise of our boat, and another smaller boat that were launching. The guy was a real prick!!Totally different topic than what I was talking about. I haven't been to Havasu since the new owners took over the LHC Marina, but if what everyone says is true (which I don't doubt at all), then boycotting them is the way to go. Even if just 50 board members stop using the LHC marina, it will affect them ($$$). In fact I always liked Windsor better anyways because you don't have that long a** no wake zone.
Havasu Cig:
That ramp is capable of launching very large boatsTo a certain extent.......I would say up to early - mid 30'ers. The probelm is the marina was designed way back in the day when the biggest boat was a Campbell 28'. Sure it has had some modifactions through out the years, but I don't think it is capable of handling boats your size or larger. I have seen people F' up their trailers trying to launch 28' - 30' boats. If I had a $400K 40' Skater, I wouldn't want to launch it there. It isn't worth it too me because I like to keep my stuff in near perfect condition.
Havasu Cig:
As far as people not liking the larger boats, well all I can say is live with it.Hey.....as much as I don't like it, I respect the fact that this is a free country where people can put anything they want on the lake. I deal with it by taking trips that include week days so that I could get some good running time in and then just sit in the channel on the weekends. :cool:
However, I think the big boat people have to look at it realistically. The facilities on the lake weren't designed for 40'+ boats. You might not F' up your trailer oftern, but eventually it is going to happen unless someone puts some serious cash into one of the existing launch facilities or makes a new one with much steeper and longer ramp. In addition, it seems as though Windsor is just trying to protect their customers equipment. Would you rather walk a little further or come back at the end of the day to a crunched fender because the parking lot wasn't desinged to handle 60'+ rigs? :confused: I would chalk this up to a sacrafice you need to make in order to put an offshore rig on a lake. :rolleyes: Perhaps Windsor will consider some parking modifications to accomodate the larger rigs the next time they remodel? Maybe not?
Havasu Cig:
It is funny, but I have had a few people in smaller jet boats make comments about our Cig being to big (then they drive away because they have no balls to back up their mouth), but when I had the smaller boats I never had one person in a large boat make dickhead comments to us.Well that is not me. While I don't like the fact that I can't run up and down the lake in my 19' tunnel on weekends, I respect the fact that the lake is for everyone to use. Unfortunately, there are a lot of A--Holes in Havasu these days that think the lake was designed specifically for them.
Havasu Cig:
Anyways I just felt the need to vent, sorry if I pissed anybody off. If you see us at Havasu in our Cig feel free to come hang out. I like all boats whatever the size.You didn't offend me.......hope I didn't offend you. I am not going to make it out this year, but I am hoping to make it out next summer and meet many of the board members I talk to every day.

Havasu Cig
04-25-2003, 09:18 AM
HD, I respect your opinion, and you did not offend me. I have got to say though, the only time my trailer got damaged launching was at site 6 with my first Mach 26. The water level was very low at the time. I have seen 50+ footers launch at the Marina without a problem. :cool:
RD, You are right about money talking. Look at some of the docks where some high $$$ boats will be moored this weekend. You know they had to pay somebody :D
The hardware this year should be better than ever. DSM took a 1.3 million dollar 46' Skater running 1300 sterlings. should be a good show. :cool:
As far as the marina is concerned, they think they are the only game in town with the gas docks ect... They have even banned some boats because of the name on the boat. They have told people that they are trying to be more "family oriented". :rolleyes:
They would not even lease me a slip for my Mach 26 because it was not the "right type of boat" that they wanted there. I was going to lease it year round and only use it partime so we did not have to pull out over night and they said NO!!
They need to realize they are in HAVASU!!!

Havasu Cig
04-25-2003, 09:45 AM
I don't know....I am sure that if they had more competition they would change their attitude. One of the older guys that works the booth when you drive in has even told me that the new owner is a prick. Not in those exact words, but close.
It would be great to be able to build another Marina out there for some competition, but I am sure it would be almost impossible to get permits.
My uncle tried to get permits for a boat storage facility out there and they f@#cked with him so much he walked away. They don't seem to be to friendly to outsiders coming into town trying to open businesses. The good old boy network is still strong out there. :confused:

boatnam2
04-25-2003, 09:46 AM
man thats a bummer havasu boys,to bad parker sucks for big boat there or at least you guys think it does.probaly 20 ramps there that you could launch anything or size you want.

Havasu Cig
04-25-2003, 10:05 AM
I like Parker but I will be the first to admit that my Cig does not belong there. I would have to come off plane just to turn around. :D
I guess we could just drive up to the dam and float. :D

Havasu Cig
04-25-2003, 10:21 AM
Yeah you are probably right....

HavasuDreamin'
04-25-2003, 10:44 AM
Havasu Cig:
They have even banned some boats because of the name on the boat.
They would not even lease me a slip for my Mach 26 because it was not the "right type of boat" that they wanted there. Well, it saddens me to hear that the marina is now run by a bunch of "out of touch" PRICKS. :mad: I bet they are no longer letting people watch the launching mayhem from the sidelines either. That was one of my favroite past times, and I didn't let the fence get in my way when they tried to put the kabash on it the first time. devil I saw several divorces, lots of name calling, and a bunch of people who had no clue what they were doing over the years at the LHC Marina. :D
[ April 25, 2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

Havasu Cig
04-25-2003, 11:06 AM
Well I am off to Havasu...Talk to everybody later :cool:

Sandbar Mike
04-25-2003, 11:07 AM
Easter weekend I had to pay 35$ to launch for 3 days, That so much doesn't bother me, The guys that direct at the ramp do a bad job, I had 3 attempts to launch and right when starting to back down I had people swing around behind me almost taking out my drive, Mater of fact Commander owners :D
Then one of the traffic directors told me not to rev my engine up, It pisses the people off in the Marina store, OOPS I have short term memory wink
All said and done, Marina is still the best place to launch especially if its windy out, I guess all I can do is bitch.
My 2cents

roln 20s
04-25-2003, 01:20 PM
About the law suit thing..I'm sure there are plenty of attorneys that would be happy to go after something of such value. I would if I was a lawyer (but I'm not, sorry). I have always liked that ramp (launchin my 20 ski boat) but one of my complaints is this: All of that money they make and they can't pave a freakin parking lot. I don't like my 20's and low pro tires going through some of your 40" tire tracks ( no offense to those with 40s). I pay $35 for a weekend, and so do 1000's of others, PAVE THE PARKING LOT.
But I have a solution: there are obviously people around these boards with money (you know some of you can't deny that) so just offer some money and buy the Marina--and once you do- please allow me to be "ramp coordinator." I always thought a live band would be fun while waiting in line and launching a boat, plus its a great time to meet everyone around you :D You buy it, and leave the rest to me--EVERYONE WILL WANT TO LAUNCH AT OUR RAMP!
Roln 20s
PS: Those of you lucky enough to go this weekend, please take tons of pics- I want to feel like I was there.

DEEZ NUTTS
04-25-2003, 03:26 PM
Roln 20s I love the band idea. Squealin' guitars with blown big blocks singin' back up. The place would be packed!

Jrocket
04-25-2003, 07:27 PM
RiverDave:
JRocket, leave the mach and bring the crane! I think you might make a few duckets this weekend. eek!
RD Now your talk'n!!! The only problem would be the bill.Even the rich people down there would faint when the saw the amount I would charge them!!! NO charge to my friends though!!!! :D :D

mbrown2
04-25-2003, 07:36 PM
JRocket, when you leaving?

missboatnam1
04-25-2003, 07:51 PM
mr b just left without me cry cry
you guys have fun, be safe :D

Jrocket
04-25-2003, 08:30 PM
mbrown2:
JRocket, when you leaving? Nobody wanted to go,so Im just sitting home this weekend..... cry
If you change your mind,call me... :D
[ April 25, 2003, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Jrocket ]

riverliver
04-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Jrocket:
mbrown2:
JRocket, when you leaving? Nobody wanted to go,so Im just sitting home this weekend..... cry You gota new DCB and nobody wants to go to the river with ya whats up with that.
are you going next weekend "cinco de mayo" http://op6c.com/xmb_forum/images/smilies/champagne.gif

mbrown2
04-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Jrocket:
mbrown2:
JRocket, when you leaving? Nobody wanted to go,so Im just sitting home this weekend..... cry That sucks...oh'well, there is always next weekend...I do miss seeing the Poker Run this weekend though. My boats at Savage anyway, so I would have had to catch a ride or take the Eliminator up..

mbrown2
04-25-2003, 08:36 PM
Too late to change my mind (at least my better half won't let me)...we committed to stay home this week...not like we have anything to do...we will be going out with some friends in a bit for drinks...

mbrown2
04-25-2003, 08:37 PM
RL, you going up for Tres de Mayo?

riverliver
04-25-2003, 08:39 PM
mbrown2:
RL, you going up for Tres de Mayo? Yes sir Me and the Boss argue

mbrown2
04-25-2003, 08:40 PM
I bite, who's the boss? the Estrogen half of the equation.. :)

riverliver
04-25-2003, 08:41 PM
The Wife Of course. LOL

riverliver
04-25-2003, 08:42 PM
It's there world I just live in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
pig_flyi

mbrown2
04-25-2003, 08:43 PM
I figured as much; aren't we all just employees working in their world.

Jrocket
04-26-2003, 08:18 AM
riverliver:
Jrocket:
mbrown2:
JRocket, when you leaving? Nobody wanted to go,so Im just sitting home this weekend..... cry You gota new DCB and nobody wants to go to the river with ya whats up with that.
are you going next weekend "cinco de mayo" http://op6c.com/xmb_forum/images/smilies/champagne.gif I had a couple of friends that wanted to go but couldnt pass the mandatory arrogance test to ride in the boat. :D
I'll be there for next weekend!!!! :)

Hallett19
04-26-2003, 06:30 PM
I love site 6 !!!