PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mohave/Katherines Landing

SLOWMAN
10-13-2003, 02:37 PM
Has anyone been over at Lake Mohave this past weekend. According to Colorado River reports the water level is down about 10 feet from mid summer. We were planning a run up to Hoover Dam if the water level is down 10 feet we would not be able to make it to the floating buoys at the dam. Did anyone have any problems? And by the way was it crowded at Katherines.
Thanks in adavance.

Edmond
10-13-2003, 03:23 PM
I was there a couple of weeks ago. Yes the water is down noticibly. I only went to Cotton wood didn't have any problems.

Edmond
10-13-2003, 03:24 PM
By the way, about 15 minutes to launch on Sat. at about 9:00 am. about an hour to pull out at abbout 5:00 pm

Outnumbered
10-13-2003, 03:47 PM
It's down 9 ft, nothing to worry about. Just be careful if you don't know the lake.
OL
AZ Lake Levels and River Flow (http://www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/edits/lake_levels.html)

RiverToysJas
10-13-2003, 04:00 PM
When I went to Hoover Dam in July, the lowest my depth gauge read was 9' up near the dam, going around the shallow rapids just before the no wake and last turn to the dam. Most the ride was 15-20'++ though. Just FYI...
RTJas :D
[ October 13, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

89checkmate
10-13-2003, 06:13 PM
SLOWMAN:
Has anyone been over at Lake Mohave this past weekend. According to Colorado River reports the water level is down about 10 feet from mid summer. We were planning a run up to Hoover Dam if the water level is down 10 feet we would not be able to make it to the floating buoys at the dam. Did anyone have any problems? And by the way was it crowded at Katherines.
Thanks in adavance. We did the Hoover Dam trip on Oct. 3rd. and it was awesome. I recommend launching at Cottonwood it is much less crowded and alot closer to the dam (about 42 miles each way). The water level was fine until you get close to the dam. at marker #62, be careful it is very shallow (rocky bottom) on the left side as you are heading to the dam. just stay over to the right side and go slow and you should be fine.
As I approached that spot, I saw a boat that had hit the rocky bottom and bent his prop. :mad:
Have fun, it is a great trip. :cool: