PDA

View Full Version : paging Mike F, FlatBroke and Disco Charger

superdave013
11-21-2002, 10:29 AM
Sunday we are going to be doing a San Juan run. Interested?
It will be a shuttle deal.

MikeF
11-21-2002, 10:54 AM
YUP, I'll see about my brother too. :cool:
Brother(s) are going to tool :D (fu*&ers) in S.D. tonight. :mad:
Gotta friends housewarming party to goto on Sat night, so he say's might not make it?
[ November 21, 2002, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

flat broke
11-21-2002, 04:15 PM
This is going to sound lame, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm working this weekend. I need to pull some open houses to get some flowage.
Chris

superdave013
11-21-2002, 05:27 PM
flat broke:
This is going to sound lame, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm working this weekend. I need to pull some open houses to get some flowage.
ChrisIt will only be lame if you don't do the open house. Keep in mind that San Juan has tons of flowage. Over 9 miles of flowing singletrack downhill. :D It's just right for you as it's pretty smooth and not real hard. So smooth that I'm putting some lighter oil in my fork. My xc rig has a bum hub so I gotta take the DH beast.
Mike, along with your gear, make sure you bring one dollar. We each put in a buck and who ever has the worst crash gets the money. eek!

Jrocket
11-21-2002, 06:00 PM
Hey SD..you sure are paging alot of guys these days.You starting a little guy gang or what?
J/K...Are you going to Parker for the boat races? :p

flat broke
11-21-2002, 06:23 PM
Dave,
Just locked in the first open house for Saturday, and am trying to finagle one for Sunday. This is going to be the slimmest Christmas ever, so I at least want the new year to pick up. wink
BTW, I tried calling you a couple mins ago about those pieces of aluminum :D I'll try you again in a minute to see if you're around. If not, maybe I can swing by tomorrow evening, or one night over the weekend.
Talk to you later,
Chris

superdave013
11-21-2002, 06:58 PM
Jrocket:
Hey SD..you sure are paging alot of guys these days.You starting a little guy gang or what?
J/K...Are you going to Parker for the boat races? :p Nay Now! I would have paged Miss flatbroke & Miss Disco but they are so dang good looking I don't think they would have responded to me.
Anyway Mr. JRocket, It's about time to give you a whipping at the go kart track if ya know what I'm sayin.
No, won't be in Parker. Going to Texas to see some of the wifes kin folk.

Jrocket
11-21-2002, 07:47 PM
Ya'll goin ta Texas? Bring back some uv dem der fire crackers and small explosive if ya can...

disco_charger
11-21-2002, 11:15 PM
Shuttle, now you're talking. None of that uphill crap. You must have seen me without my shirt. Unfortunately I have prior plans with the extended family, so I have to take a rain check. A long time ago, about 30 lbs. or so, that used to be a training ride for me. We'd ride it up, and then back down. Sometimes we'd ride up Harding Truck trail and come all the way across. Now, that'd take me about three days.

superdave013
11-22-2002, 11:57 AM
disco_charger:
Shuttle, now you're talking. None of that uphill crap. You must have seen me without my shirt. Unfortunately I have prior plans with the extended family, so I have to take a rain check. A long time ago, about 30 lbs. or so, that used to be a training ride for me. We'd ride it up, and then back down. Sometimes we'd ride up Harding Truck trail and come all the way across. Now, that'd take me about three days.Still some uphill even with the shuttle. Don't think so? I'll let ya ride my 48 pound dh bike with a 42T chain ring.
To bad ya can't make it. It should be pretty fun.

superdave013
11-22-2002, 12:00 PM
Jrocket:
Ya'll goin ta Texas? Bring back some uv dem der fire crackers and small explosive if ya can...Now that's an idea. I'll put them in a towel and wrap it around my head. Think anyone at the airport would notice?

MikeF
11-22-2002, 12:03 PM
I was thinking (only thinking) about towing the boat too so after the bomb down the mountain we would cruise over to Elsinore and cool off @ about 70mph+ w/ everyone else :D . (maybe a few coldies too wink )
[ November 22, 2002, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: MikeF ]

superdave013
11-22-2002, 02:23 PM
MikeF:
I was thinking (only thinking) about towing the boat too so after the bomb down the mountain we would cruise over to Elsinore and cool off @ about 70mph+ w/ everyone else :D . (maybe a few coldies too wink )If you wanna tow it to the top of the hill I'm down with it. It will be kinda late though. We are not meeting at the base of the hill untill 10:00. Don't ask my why so late.

MikeF
11-22-2002, 03:14 PM
SD, you know that road is too tight eek! . It was just a thought :cool: .

flat broke
11-22-2002, 03:19 PM
C'mon Mike,
If you can tow a boat up to Lake Isabella, you can tow over the Ortega. I just wonder how much compression braking your tow vehicle would provide on the way back down to the Lake :D
You guys have fun and keep it safe. Hopefully neither of you win the little pot Dave was talking about.
Chris

MikeF
11-22-2002, 03:23 PM
The road up to the top of the S.J.trail is the one we're referring to wink . It's super twisty and it's even work trying to get there just in the truck :D . Lots of turning of the wheel.

superdave013
11-24-2002, 05:48 PM
flat broke:
C'mon Mike,
If you can tow a boat up to Lake Isabella, you can tow over the Ortega. I just wonder how much compression braking your tow vehicle would provide on the way back down to the Lake :D
You guys have fun and keep it safe. Hopefully neither of you win the little pot Dave was talking about.
ChrisMike won the money. eek! :rolleyes: :cool: :D

MikeF
11-24-2002, 08:46 PM
I fell 3 times and only did damage on 2 of the falls wink . At least I'm a little bit closer to buying the knee/shin guards :D !
I had a blast today and very much looking forward to the next downhill session :cool: !