View Full Version : laughlin river run

slotracer
03-25-2003, 07:04 PM
any one going to the laughlin river run on the
25,26,27,28 of april. got to see if anything
happens. pat(slotracer) :D

Boatcop
03-25-2003, 07:20 PM
It ought to be interesting, considering the President of the Phoenix area HAs (not Sonny) was shot and killed in Cave Creek last week.
Hell's Angels Leader Killed (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0324angels24.html)
[ March 25, 2003, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Boatcop ]

hd&boatrider
03-25-2003, 07:42 PM
Boatcop:
It ought to be interesting, considering the President of the Phoenix area HAs (not Sonny) was shot and killed in Cave Creek last week.
Hell's Angels Leader Killed (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0324angels24.html) Damn, that is not good leading up to the River Run. Alan, do you have a link to a newspaper article on this? I would appreciate it if you could post it if you have it.
I am always at the River Run. I will give you some advice...If you go there looking for trouble you will find it. I saw one situation up close last year and it was not pretty. Stay on the strip and out of confined areas and you should be just fine. You do not want to get caught in an area where if something does happen you don't have an escape route. I always use common sense. If you feel uncomfortable where you are move on. Most of the people there are just wanting to have a good time but there is another element that just looks for trouble. There will be a very big show of force this year...much more than last year. At one point they were considering not allowing colors to be worn. I do not know if that is enforceable or not. Any beligerent behavior by anybody will be handled aggresively by the police. Keep that in mind peeps.
I tell you what intrigues me.....Only one person was charged last year when all that shit went down and the charges were dropped. I have not heard of anybody else being arrested or having charges brought against them. Anybody else think that is odd? Oh well....some things are probably better left alone....

hd&boatrider
03-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Boatcop:
Hell's Angels Leader Killed (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0324angels24.html) I'm lame...thanks Alan I got the link :) Been a long day.

THATJEFFGUY
03-25-2003, 09:19 PM
My sentiments exactly...if you're looking for trouble, it isn't hard to find at the River Run ! I have been there for the last 10 years, it's always a good time for us...no problems at all. Hell, if the weather is hot enough, I may even throw the boat in the water.

hd&boatrider
03-25-2003, 10:32 PM
THATJEFFGUY:
My sentiments exactly...if you're looking for trouble, it isn't hard to find at the River Run ! I have been there for the last 10 years, it's always a good time for us...no problems at all. Hell, if the weather is hot enough, I may even throw the boat in the water. I usually launch the boat during the day and ride the bike at night. The lake is totally vacant and is a blast as long as you bring your own party :) I have never had a problem either but trying to get across the bridge to BHC after the shooting last year was pretty hairy with all the automatic weapons out in full view. Things were definitly tense to say the least.

slotracer
03-26-2003, 05:44 AM
i know what you mean about the trouble thing. i had dinner at harrahs last year on friday night about 7 p.m. and everyone was having a good time
h.a.'s on one side monguls on the other. rumor
has it that the police did the shooting and not the m.c. clubs and that is why the vidio tapes have never been released and no more charges have been filed. this will be my 6th year there and like you guys say if you want to find trouble its there to find. but if you want a good time it also is there to be had by all. pat(slotracer) :D
[ March 26, 2003, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: SLOTRACER ]

roostwear
03-26-2003, 08:27 AM
Thanks for starting this thread. Forgot all about last year, and was going the 26th. Not the kind of weekend I had in mind for the family. Time to reschedule.

al cole'holic
03-26-2003, 08:52 AM
...leaving Thursday with the pig for the first splash of the year!! We are staying at the 'Belle and will be partying in a booth at the Flamingo Friday and plan to hit the water on Saturday. I want to hit up the Poker Run but have to consider the hang factor for Saturday morning after Friday night...

hd&boatrider
03-26-2003, 09:51 AM
SLOTRACER:
i know what you mean about the trouble thing. i had dinner at harrahs last year on friday night about 7 p.m. and everyone was having a good time
h.a.'s on one side monguls on the other. rumor
has it that the police did the shooting and not the m.c. clubs and that is why the vidio tapes have never been released and no more charges have been filed. this will be my 6th year there and like you guys say if you want to find trouble its there to find. but if you want a good time it also is there to be had by all. pat(slotracer) :D I would have to say that the rumor you are referring to has some legs on it. Makes sense doesn't it?

hd&boatrider
03-26-2003, 09:59 AM
roostwear:
Thanks for starting this thread. Forgot all about last year, and was going the 26th. Not the kind of weekend I had in mind for the family. Time to reschedule. It is funny to see people out there pushing baby carriages and so forth. Since when did a Harley run become an appropriate place for small children. To each his own but they need to understand what can happen potentially. Compare it to going to the sandbar over a major holiday weekend. Some of these same people complain that they can't take their kids there on a major weekend. You know the potential so just stay away. There are plenty of other areas to go to and have clean family fun.
Roostwear---I am not attacking you or anything like that. It sounds like you are making the right decision for you. If you think about it you know what goes on there and you need to do what is in your families best interest. I just wish other people would think a little more about it also. idea idea

roostwear
03-26-2003, 12:26 PM
HD,
Didn't take it as an attack. I may go to the sandbar on a kidless weekend, but I don't when I have them.They won't be going to OP6 either. Seems like (un)common sense to me. To each their own. You're right,(to paraphrase),more people just need to think.