PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pleasant during Memorial Weekend

Cat & Mice
05-13-2003, 02:57 PM
I was thinking about going to Pleasant Memorial weekend. My sister lives there and has her graduation on Friday, so since I should be there anyway I thought Hey lets make this a boat trip!
Also my other sister lives about 10 mintues from the lake and she said that Pleasant was the closest place to park my Motor Home. So it seems like everything is in place.
I have never beed there and have a few quiestoins
1. Where is the best place to stay with a MotorHome?
2.Is there docks to keep the boat in the water?
3. Beaches?
4. Can I make reservations
and 5th whos going to be there??
For you that don't know me my name is Mike Pyle and I have a 28 Daytona LP with twin Blown small blocks. I just got the new motors dialed in during the Eliminator Regatta. I am selling the boat and really need to take a weekend to make sure everything is working perfect.
Pyle

roln 20s
05-13-2003, 03:45 PM
Woo hoo--the fastest (and my favorite) 28 Daytona is going to pleasant. I hope to make it out there on Saturday. My bro is going to havasu that weekend but suppose to roll with a buddy's fam and their eliminator, so I should have the boat.
I know that Craig (22 advantage sport cat) planned to go out there that weekend also. I bet it is a huge crowd. I will let you know, but I hope to be there..with the rest of Phx.
Can't wait to meet you and see your boat-- you still selling it?
Roln 20s

91nordic29
05-13-2003, 03:49 PM
take a look:
pleasant harbor marina (http://ww1.azmarinas.com/)

roln 20s
05-13-2003, 03:55 PM
Duh, I was excited and forgot to answer your questions.
1. Where is the best place to stay with a MotorHome?
2.Is there docks to keep the boat in the water?
3. Beaches?
4. Can I make reservations They have motor home spaces up top of the marina (that overlook the lake), but I am not sure if any are available or not, check with Pleasant Marina.
There are NOT docks to keep the boat in the water that I know of. However, I have a couple of buddies that work there (one's the manager) of the Stack storage so I can check and see if I can pull any strings if there are some available.
Beaches...not like the channel or anything. There is flat places near the ends of the lake that you can pull up on, but I would never recommend it.
If there are spaces available, I'm sure you can reserve spaces.
And after I finished reading your post- I saw that you are still selling it..so thanks for answering my Q in advance.
They have a website:
http://ww1.azmarinas.com/
Not the official site, but I can't find that yet.
I'll get the phone numbers and pass them along to you.
Roln 20s

Cat & Mice
05-13-2003, 04:09 PM
Roln & Nordic
Thanks for the info!
Do you know what the name of the RV park is?
I am thinking about just pulling the boat down with the Suburban but then I would have to stay at my sister house and you know how that goes.
I was really didn't want to fight with launching the boat everyday and fighting the crowds, Plus it is a pain when your tow vehicle is a RV.
Is the RV Park owned by the marina?
Roln, It will be great to meet some of you guys to, That is one of the great things about going to a new lake.
Pyle
So if there is no beaches then what do you guys do? Just raft up?

Donnie
05-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Craig and I will be there with the girls on saturday, I have a 25 Daytona purple and teal.
There is a camp ground thats owned by the state and at the marina there is a big RV park, I believe that one is privatly owned...this time of year it should not be a problem getting a space.
I think we met at one of the first poker runs in havasu.
Look forward to seeing you
Donnie

Craig
05-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Pyle,
The marina does run the trailer park. It's a nice set up. You wouldn't have any problem launching each day, hell, we do it :D The lake is damn near full, the water isn't too cold. We're going to be there Saturday. We all hang out back in Humbug. We raft up. That's the one thing that sucks, no beaches, but it's the largest local lake. Drop me an e-mail if you need more info.
Craig

roln 20s
05-14-2003, 09:17 AM
. My sister lives there and has her graduation on Friday, so since I should be there anyway I thought Hey lets make this a boat trip!
Where is your sister graduating from?
I just bought a house, so you are always welcome to stop by anytime you need a break from the family.
Roln 20s

XTRM22
05-14-2003, 10:23 AM
Donnie:
Craig and I will be there with the girls on saturday, I have a 25 Daytona purple and teal.
Donnie We'll be there too, we'll be the 22' DCB Vee (white w/red,grey and purple graphics) about a mile behind Donnie's Daytona. :D
CHuck

roln 20s
05-14-2003, 10:28 AM
We'll be there too, we'll be the 22' DCB Vee (white w/red,grey and purple graphics) about a mile behind Donnie's Daytona.
Thats not too bad since the lake is only 7 miles long..no big deal.
I'll be about a mile behind you...actually come to think of it, the only people I will be in front of are sail boats and anyone crazy enough to take a row boat out there. Maybe I'll blame it on the weight of the ice chests-hehe.
Can't wait to meet you also Chuck.
Roln 20s

Cat & Mice
05-14-2003, 01:54 PM
Does anyone have the number for the RV park?
Pyle

Cat & Mice
05-14-2003, 02:07 PM
It sounds like it should be a busy day on Saturday. Is it easy to find Humbug?
Are the boat cops easy going or do they hate the loud boats?
Roln, My sister goes to some Catholic school, I don't know. She is younger and I don't even know what grade she is in. I have two sisters in Phoenix one is older then me ( I think 34 or 35) and the other is about 13 or 14. I can't keep up with this shit!. I do know what pitch my props are though, I guess we all have are priorities :D
Pyle

DogHouse
05-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Cat & Mice:
Are the boat cops easy going or do they hate the loud boats?
Mike, last time I was there (a few weeks ago), I went by a shefiff boat that was just sitting. He fired up and came up behind and to the side just enough to get in real close for about 10-15 seconds, then peeled off and went away. One of the guys was up in the front of the boat with something in his hand that he was pointing. I can only assume that he was taking a noise reading... No problem since I run mufflers all the time. Obviously I should have nailed the throttle and never let them get close!!! Not sure what their tolerance level is but just fyi, you might get checked.
They'll give you a map when you enter the park. To find Humbug, head north, veer right up towards the Aqua Fria river, and then look for a narrow canyon to the north. It's marked with no-wake bouys at the mouth. You can also just look for a boatload of drunk naked people and follow them! :D
-brian

roln 20s
05-14-2003, 02:28 PM
Does anyone have the number for the RV park?
Try this- I hope information is correct:
602-269-0077
This should be direct to the RV park.
I'm not sure about noise, but I do know that the cops at Pleasant are A$$ holes about everything else. I have been pulled out of a crowd numerous times, and everytime they end up looking like the idiots. I haven't ever experienced them actually "caring" about anything- they are just plain rude. When you actually need their help- they DO NOT care. Hopefully they don't give you crap for your exhaust or anything else--that would really tick me off.
And humbug--just follow everyone else :D
Roln 20s
PS: I have a big appreciation for your "priorities" they seem like the right track to me!!!

Craig
05-14-2003, 05:07 PM
For what it's worth, none of us have been hassled for our exhaust. I think they just wanted a better look at you rig Brian :D
Craig

DogHouse
05-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Well as close as they got they could have reached out and wiped off some water spots for me! I was actually somewhat annoyed that they got that close while running, didn't seem very safe to me. Shoulda trimmed up and gassed it! devil :D

Cat & Mice
05-19-2003, 01:01 PM
Guy's thanks for your help. I have booked a spot at the RV park above the marina. They said that I could rent slips over night so I don't have to launch and retrive my boat. I will be there from Friday night until Monday afternoon.
Thanks Again
Pyle

roln 20s
05-19-2003, 03:05 PM
cat and mice-
awesome, can't wait to meet you out there. I'm already counting down the days.
Roln 20s

roln 20s
05-23-2003, 09:15 AM
What time is everyone getting there? Do we all want to meet up in Humbug?
I plan on being there around 1-1:30 and planned on heading straight to Humbug.
Roln 20s

Donnie
05-23-2003, 11:02 AM
Craig and I and the girls will probably be there about 11 or so..purple and teal 25 daytona with a purple air cleaner sticking out the hatch :D

roln 20s
05-26-2003, 07:12 AM
Mike-
Glad I got to meet you, even though it was briefly. Beautiful boat--I want it, just short a little cash flow. No pics have ever done that thing justice. Congrats on that. Hope you enjoyed Pleasant and your stay here.
Donnie and Craig-
Where were you guys? I was out there from about 1-6pm on sat and never saw ya. Hope you had fun. We'll have to meet up sometime soon.
Oh yeah, I'm at work today. This kinda blows.
Roln 20s

B-rad502
05-26-2003, 07:35 AM
We were out yesterday, DAMN that place was packed!! Never seen that many boats in Humbug before! Mike, good seeing you, briefly as I swam by!!
Brad

Donnie
05-26-2003, 07:38 AM
After three straight weekends at the lake the boat was running perfect :D until saturday!! backed it in the water at the 10 lane about 11 and she would not start cry either I lost a distributor gear or the MSD box took a grap :mad:
So then we left and went and invaded CSX4266's pool and killed two bottles of tequilla...oh yea we were hurting wink
Hope to see ya soon
Donnie

Craig
05-26-2003, 08:26 AM
Yeah, we would have preferred the lake, but Bill's pool filled in pretty good. Here's Donnie and Tonna in the spa :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/140P5250206-med.JPG
Tonna and Wendy
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/140TandW-med.jpg
I got Bill and Donnie to put all their 'vettes together for a picture I'll use on a web site I'm working on.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/140P5250194a-med.jpg

Jordy
05-26-2003, 09:44 AM
Talk about a company man Donnie, even on the day off you're still sporting the SJL cap. :D

Donnie
05-26-2003, 12:51 PM
jordanpaulk:
Talk about a company man Donnie, even on the day off you're still sporting the SJL cap. :D Well thats a good story Jordy, but its more like I have a box of those and only a couple of eliminator hats...so the the SJL hats get used and abused wink