PDA

View Full Version : Powell trips this month.

DEEZ NUTTS
07-29-2002, 10:02 PM
Aug 2-4 we will be there. There have been more and more powerboats on the water. I love it!
About three weekends ago we had a crew of 5 hot boats and a searay that was more stereo than searay, all beached below the sand king. It was fun and would love to fill that whole place up with some hp.
Seems that Aug is a popular month for you guys to hit Powell. Post your dates and lets see whos cross over.
I plan to be there every weekend this month.
[ July 29, 2002, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: DEEZ NUTTS ]

89checkmate
07-30-2002, 06:39 AM
I will be at Lake Powell Aug 8th-12th. We are staying at the Wahweap Lodge.
Look for a checkmate with a honda engine, or a yamaha ls2000 jet boat.
Hope to see everyone there.

Livin Large 27Hallett
07-30-2002, 07:42 AM
Will be there August 17th through the 24th camping along with 12 to 14 other boats either back in Padres Bay or on Antelope Island. We do this trip every year in August.

Froggystyle
07-30-2002, 08:41 AM
We will be on a houseboat for a week at the end of August. I think it is August 26-September 1.

shockwaveharry
07-30-2002, 09:18 AM
Is mid to late September too late to go?

BlownCole
07-30-2002, 09:23 AM
test avatar

Fatman
07-30-2002, 02:48 PM
Hey, I'm going to be there the week of Augut 5th. How is the water level?

77charger
07-30-2002, 07:20 PM
i will be there this sat the 4th i think til tues. will be at lone rock campground.

DEEZ NUTTS
07-30-2002, 08:30 PM
YO, 77 I think that we will be camped in gunsight somewhere. I have some friends that have never ridden in a fast boat or been in rough water. they both have "jump trucks" and have taken me for rides off-road that I still have flash-back ass clenching spasms from. Now its my turn! Anyway, I will run down to lone rock on sat. Ill make a few passes infront of the beach looking for you. Seen pictures of your boat so hopefully we can hook up.
Im runnin a black 24' commander with a blower and no engine hatch.
I will have to stop at the gas dock in wahweep then too.

glamis
07-30-2002, 09:51 PM
We'll be there aug 2-9 LL27 hallett thats weird we've been doing that trip for atleast 15 years now, and we're neighbors and i guess we were suppost to hook up this weekend in parker but you had to work acording to Clayton.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/P6210081.JPG

BBTAHITI
07-30-2002, 09:54 PM
I'd love to go to Powell for a week, but that trip is no fun with a single axle!

glamis
07-30-2002, 10:05 PM
BBTAHITI:
I'd love to go to Powell for a week, but that trip is no fun with a single axle!no they dont float very good unless you keep the boat tied to it :D

Livin Large 27Hallett
07-31-2002, 09:58 AM
glamis:
We'll be there aug 2-9 LL27 hallett thats weird we've been doing that trip for atleast 15 years now, and we're neighbors and i guess we were suppost to hook up this weekend in parker but you had to work acording to Clayton.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Hot_Boat_Happenings/Club_Meets_and_Gatherings/P6210081.JPG

Livin Large 27Hallett
07-31-2002, 09:59 AM
I sent u an e-mail

77charger
07-31-2002, 06:33 PM
DEEZ NUTTS:
YO, 77 I think that we will be camped in gunsight somewhere. I have some friends that have never ridden in a fast boat or been in rough water. they both have "jump trucks" and have taken me for rides off-road that I still have flash-back ass clenching spasms from. Now its my turn! Anyway, I will run down to lone rock on sat. Ill make a few passes infront of the beach looking for you. Seen pictures of your boat so hopefully we can hook up.
Im runnin a black 24' commander with a blower and no engine hatch.
I will have to stop at the gas dock in wahweep then too.i should be there around nooon or by then i will be toward the right side of the campground (if you are drivin in from the water)my boat should be floatin by then shouldnt be hard to miss since there arent many boats with bassets on them there.Name is robert
[ July 31, 2002, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: 77charger ]

Licketty Split
08-01-2002, 01:09 PM
We are going to Havasu this weekend but may be?

PowellScooter
08-02-2002, 05:07 AM
I will be looking for you all when we are out this weekend. Have been out every night this week. Lone Rock is getting semi full looking as of Thurs night. Keep an eye out for us too, 26 ft Caribbean vintage 80`s tan/brown/gold colors gel coat brown bimini top, always going SLOW. You can hail us (SCOOTER) on ch 16 marine band, or look on AA dock to see if we are in the slip

DEEZ NUTTS
08-07-2002, 09:46 PM
YO everybody! The channel that passes castle rock is wakeless for about a quarter mile or longer, due to shallow and narrow passage.
This is not a bad thing, but 3 parkservice or boatcops sitting in there picking on people is.
I never was stopped, as all cops where with "customers" each time I passed, but was yelled at to slow down. My boat seems to go faster than many at idle. My friend was stopped again for noise that he has already been tested for and passed.
Another guy was checking out my mufflers in the marina, as he had recieved a 110$ ticket for too many decibles.
Utah seems to be cracking down on loud boats so be carefull.

77charger
08-08-2002, 04:05 PM
guess i was lucky didnt go thru there til mon.but did do the marina thing with baffled headers.some people just never learn to keeps their waverunners away from the back of my boat and their hands off my hot headers too.lady was turning around after i parked in a slip to get out and get an ice cream she tried turning her lake lice and repeatly kept bumping into my jet pump like it was no big deal i asked her nicely to stop this so she gets pissed at me (i did nothing but pull into a slip and parked she did this after)so she yells god damn boaters and decides to push off violently yes from the headers.i bet she is still in pain from that one and a lesson learned!!

Livin Large 27Hallett
08-12-2002, 09:18 AM
Any response back from the ones that have recently got back from Powell. I am leaving this friday

sofaking
08-12-2002, 02:53 PM
I just got back last night. The weather was perfect, the water was low, but the perfect temp. Epic week in every sence except one. I sold my 28 Daytona a month ago and had to hang on a 23 Rinker all week wink

Livin Large 27Hallett
08-12-2002, 03:38 PM
That had to be tough to do SofaKing. I use to go out there in a 21' until I upgraded last year. we are leaving Friday morning to be there for eight days along with twelve other boats camping out probably on the back side of Antelope Island.

James'SS-24
08-12-2002, 05:55 PM
Just got back yesterday too. Only one word to describe it...PERFECT! The only hitch was my buddy couldn't handle the heat so he didn't have such a good time eek! ! Be sure all of your passengers load up on the water. :rolleyes:

DEEZ NUTTS
08-12-2002, 09:24 PM
Livin Large, Im leaving fri afternoon through sun.
Dont know where we'll be camped but your camp sounds hard to miss. Look for you on sat.

Livin Large 27Hallett
08-13-2002, 09:36 AM
Hey Deez Nutts,
What are you boating in?
We will be on the water by 7am on Saturday,Like I said, we will most likely be on the back side of Antelope across from the launch ramp with a whole gang of camps by the end of sunday. Most are arriving on Sat, buut some on sun and mon. we should have a minimum of 12 camps set up so you cant miss us.. Come on by and I will pour you a cocktail if you desire. Or soda if pefered.

ultra1
08-13-2002, 02:01 PM
Well, this is only my second time posting so bear with me...My wife and I pulled last week as we were camping at Lone Rock for about 3 weeks in the motorhome. I have been going every year, same time, same place, since I was 4 years old. It was about the worst it has been in a while. We camp at Line Rock, real close to Wahweap. THe water was going down so fast that we were camping in the mud. Weather was so-so. We had a few storms that lasted a little longer than usual, but other than that, how can you beat Lake Powell. It was a little weird getting through to antelope as the water is so low it is marked as a 5MPH through a 1/4 mile stretch of lake. We ran up to Rainbow, a good 70 mile boat ride each way, and loved every second of it. The walk to Rainbow was a bit longer than usual, but oh well. Gas at the marina was 2.45 gallon so fill up in greenhaven on your way in or hit up Page when you can. Gas in Greenhaven was 1.39 gallon. When your filling up over 60 gallons it saves you a bundle. Well, have a great trip!

DEEZ NUTTS
08-13-2002, 08:02 PM
Livin large, I'll be in a black 24' commander with a blower.
Sounds like we will be in or near gunsight, just up the lake from you.
I am testing props and some other tunings this weekend so I plan to do a lot of running. If we get early sun in our spot I will be out and about around 7am or a little later. I will make a run down to your area. I will have the only black boat there(i think) so yell me down.
I usually make a few runs up and down the narrows between wahweep and padre bays in the afternoon during the storms. Lots of boat jumps and fun.
Jst in case you didnt know, the antelope ramp is way out of the water and not usable.
[ August 13, 2002, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: DEEZ NUTTS ]

Livin Large 27Hallett
08-14-2002, 09:12 AM
I figured as much for the ramp at Antelope. Going through the narrows you can sure catch some air when you want to. I hit a tour boat wake last year at about 50 and launched it pretty good. was trying to get a picture of it but they didnt come out well. and Ultra 1, Yeah, I never get gas on the lake, I pull it out and take it into town. I hold 125 Gallons so you can figure out those savings. wink wink

DEEZ NUTTS
08-15-2002, 02:47 PM
Livin Large, sorry to bone out on Powell, I'm heading to Havasu. Not driving or taking my boat so no responsabilities= big drink.
If you do see a boat like I decribed it would mean that my wife went anyway. If there is a guy and my wife in the boat, beat the crap out of him then tell her to get home!! J/K
:D :D
Have fun.