PDA

View Full Version : Coming to Havasu for 1st time from MO

Robertbob
03-14-2006, 08:24 AM
A buddy of mine are driving to Havasu from Missouri to stay a week. We aill arrive March 26th. We have never been there and don't know what to expect. We are bring a 33' Scarab that is a 100 mph boat. We are looking for people to party with that know the area and have nice boats to maybe tie up with. We boat on Lake of the Ozarks in MO if anyone has been there. If theere is any information that you could provide me that would be great. I think that we are staying at the Nautical Inn unless you think somewhere else would be better. The drive is 20 hrs. Will it be worth it??? Thanks

GHT
03-14-2006, 08:32 AM
That's a long haul... For sure.. Why aren't you going to Lake of the Ozarks? I heard that place is off the hook.

OnlyMoney
03-14-2006, 08:33 AM
I think it will be worth the trip. Your boat is the perfect size for Havasu and its within the channel limit should they choose to close it to the bigger boats. And, since you'll be there during the week that will make a difference. We will be out there over the last weekend of March...hope to see you there!
Boat name - It's Only Money DCB F-29, blue/orange/white :rollside:

Robertbob
03-14-2006, 08:35 AM
I have a house there and it is nuts. It is too cold there right now. It is crazy you need to come if you ever get the chance. There are bars everywhere on the water and the party cove is nuts. I mean 5,000 boats tied together in one huge party. I would love to trade some info on LOTO for Havasu.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Havasu sucks, go to Mohave, it's better.....

Robertbob
03-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Will there be much partying during the week? We are suppose to leave on Saturday and hope there will be some parties during the week.

Robertbob
03-14-2006, 08:40 AM
What is Mohave??? where is it at? We just need to know where to go to party and boat.

GHT
03-14-2006, 08:40 AM
I have a house there and it is nuts. It is too cold there right now. It is crazy you need to come if you ever get the chance. There are bars everywhere on the water and the party cove is nuts. I mean 5,000 boats tied together in one huge party. I would love to trade some info on LOTO for Havasu.
I have relitives in the area. And my Dad's 43' is on Grand Lake. I would really like to make the pull to Lake of the Ozarks but the wife isn't too excited about the drive. But on the plus side I think I have her convinced to do a Catalina trip. Just waiting for the right time..

GHT
03-14-2006, 08:42 AM
What is Mohave??? where is it at? We just need to know where to go to party and boat.
Don't go to Mohave..... Stick with Plan "A"... You'll be on Mohave with, about, approximately,,,,,, NOBODY... :cool:

Mrs. casean
03-14-2006, 08:42 AM
We'll be there! Heading out Friday night so we'll be on the water Sat all day and maybe early on Sunday for a breakfast run... first time w/ the new (to us) boat out there so we're excited! We'll be w/ our friend who has a 29' Commander and our 23 Cobra. If you see us at the sandbar or in the channel say hi! If the water level is good we'll be headed to Topock for some breakfast on Saturday.
If you decide to still come to Havasu, drive safe and you'll have a great time out there!

OnlyMoney
03-14-2006, 08:44 AM
Will there be much partying during the week? We are suppose to leave on Saturday and hope there will be some parties during the week.
There will be plenty of partying going on in the week, it should be pleasantly busy, not overly frustrating busy. It should be a good time and the weather (we all hope) will be awesome!

Robertbob
03-14-2006, 08:45 AM
We are coming for sure but we won't get there until Monday March 27th. Any help with where to stay or party would be great.

Robertbob
03-14-2006, 08:46 AM
If we wanted to go to Vegas for a day is there a shuttle or anything from Havasu to Vegas?

GHT
03-14-2006, 08:48 AM
If we wanted to go to Vegas for a day is there a shuttle or anything from Havasu to Vegas?
Not sure about the shuttle but it is only 150 miles. Two hours and 20 min and your in Vegas. Just drop the boat in a hotel parking lot and drive.. :)

riverracerx
03-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Stay at the Nautical Inn. Ask for a room in the cove. You can leave your boat in the water and parked on the beach. They also have their own private ramp.
Take the boat to Copper Canyon, and Steamboat cove for some fun tie up parties.
Eat at Javalina Cantina near the bridge for dinner and get the steak fajitas. They are the best.
The biggest club in town is Kokomo, in the London Bridge Resort. It is casual and big. For a nicer setting go to the Red Room, right next door across from McDonalds. It is a little more upscale.
Go to Havasu Hot Laps for some killer go-kart racing
Go to Mudsharks (the little one) for some great pizza.
REMEMBER!!! All of Thompson Bay is 5MPH. Don't bust balls right out of the marina or you will get the LE on you quick.
It is a little too cold to hang out at the sandbar, and might be shallow if you try and go up river??
Have fun!

Mrs. casean
03-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Go to Mudsharks (the little one) for some great pizza.
That is a must!!!
Best food in town if ya ask me! I love the little one and the big restaurant! Both are so tasty!!!

28Prowler525
03-14-2006, 09:53 AM
In my opinion you should put the trip off until June or so if possible.

Mardonzi
03-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Heading up river,, rule of thumb,,, follow someone up who is bigger than you,, that way when or if they hit something, you know not to go there.....

dirty old man
03-14-2006, 10:11 AM
You sound young, go to Havasu, but you better have reservations by now. No shuttle from LHC to Vegas, you'll have to unhook and drive it. Laughlin is in between.
Then when you grow a little older you can come to Lake Mead with the adults and also visit Vegas

Wake Havasu
03-14-2006, 11:00 AM
We have never been there and don't know what to expect.
Wait till summer.
And then expect a lot.

Rod-64
03-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Wait till summer.
And then expect a lot.
Yeah..........expect to have your face melt off your skull in July. :crossx:

SUBPRIME
03-14-2006, 11:27 AM
you should stay at LOTO, boating is much better there.
sorry love the socal/havasu weather through the winter but if we're talking purly about boating activities then we don't have much out here compared to LOTO. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Robertbob
03-14-2006, 12:00 PM
we are just looking for some ladies to party with. will there be any there.

Phat Matt
03-14-2006, 12:03 PM
we are just looking for some ladies to party with. will there be any there.
The spring breakers will be there.

GHT
03-14-2006, 12:09 PM
The spring breakers will be there.
Yea... Nice ratio... :rolleyes: Although it is 20 to 1 men in the channel (they don't have boats) the ratio on the water is MUCH better. I'm sure he will be able to find some who wants to ride.

dirty old man
03-14-2006, 01:05 PM
If you want ladies you don't have to go all the way to Vegas, just stop buy Laughlin - rooms more reasonable

Robertbob
03-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Here is a pic of the boat ladies and gentlemen. If you see if out there make sure that you yell or say something. We are so ready for Havasu. Sounds like its going to be a blast and thanks everyone for your help in the matter.

dicudmore
03-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Here is a pic of the boat ladies and gentlemen. If you see if out there make sure that you yell or say something. We are so ready for Havasu. Sounds like its going to be a blast and thanks everyone for your help in the matter.
where is this alleged pic??

Robertbob
03-14-2006, 06:31 PM
I just posted it sorry, let me know if its to small. Im sort of new to this whole forum thing. lol

dicudmore
03-14-2006, 06:35 PM
I just posted it sorry, let me know if its to small. Im sort of new to this whole forum thing. lol
nice rig
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12078

little rowe boat
03-14-2006, 06:35 PM
If you are looking for a party, you might want to wait until memorial day weekend to make your trip out. That is a big party weekend.

Robertbob
03-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Looks like we'll have some fun with all the nice looking boats
Thanks again

Beer-30
03-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Yes, you are coming to the right place. I won't be there, but have fun.
If you are making the trek, I would take that beast to Laughlin one of the days. That would be Lake Mojave. You probably won't see too many other peeps there at this time, but it is worth seeing and running on. I don't think the dam is all the way open yet, but during peak season, you can run right up to Hoover Dam. A must see.
Nice ride to do it in!
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12079
Here is a dam pic. No punn intended.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1566Dam_Run_162.jpg
This is "Gasoline Alley" at Mojave - pretty much the equivalent of Copper Canyon (Havasu):
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/253Dscn0563.jpg
Ooops, who's old boat is this? Hmm.. Seems familiar!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/253Dscn0488.jpg

burtandnancy
03-14-2006, 08:52 PM
Thats very nice. After LOTO, you'll find Havasu way too flat, but the lower altitude will help alot. Bring jets, T-shirts/shorts and lots of #30.

Robertbob
03-15-2006, 05:58 AM
Thanks for all the advice. LOTO is alot of fun and it is well worth the trip on any weekend in the summer. If there is ever any questions let me know. Thanks for all the help with Havasu. If you think of anything else please let me know.

2Driver
03-15-2006, 06:58 AM
If you want ladies you don't have to go all the way to Vegas, just stop buy Laughlin - rooms more reasonable
Yeah, just be sure to bring an oxygen tank for them :D

Robertbob
03-15-2006, 10:52 AM
We are both 25 so we will be looking for a little younger crowd. If you know any females that want to go boating the week of March 26th-31st let me know. Thanks!!

Beer-30
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
We are both 25 so we will be looking for a little younger crowd. If you know any females that want to go boating the week of March 26th-31st let me know. Thanks!!
You'll find them.

Robertbob
03-15-2006, 12:05 PM
We might not know how to handle west coast ladies. I don't think that I have ever even partied with any ladies from the west coast. We use to all those country girls out here in old Missouri. Any suggestions on how to handle them???

2Driver
03-15-2006, 01:22 PM
We use to all those country girls out here in old Missouri. Any suggestions on how to handle them???
For starters you should probably leave your plaid flannel Speedo home. :D :D

Benjhamina
03-15-2006, 01:46 PM
For starters you should probably leave your plaid flannel Speedo home. :D :D
Flannel speedo. Now that actually did make me laugh out loud. Your a dick.
The best way to get ladies on the boat (IMO) is to have some good booze or other mind altering substance on board.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/benjhamina/Laughlin2005001.jpg

Robertbob
03-15-2006, 02:52 PM
You will get a real kick out of this one. I even have a farm and cows. But don't rule us out on being up to date on our boating and partying. Remember we live at LOTO all summer. I guarantee that you would get a kick out of our accent and country stories. I might even bring my cowboy boots and hat for the southwest cowgirls! YEEHAAA

SUBPRIME
03-15-2006, 02:55 PM
god do I miss shooters21, topsiders, salty dog, the "uninvited guest"

Robertbob
03-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Now your talking I can tell that you have experience LOTO several times. Now we have the Horny Toad and several other new bars and new restaurants everywhere. The Salty Dog is a favorite for me my house is real close to it so that is where I usually go.

MR HARLEY
03-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Welcome, and we'll see you out there!

Keith E. Sayre
03-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Call me before you get here and I'll set you up with maps of the town and the lake, I'll show you all those places that Christ referred to (riverracerx) in his post, line you up with the restaurants, boat shop tours, launch ramps, etc
etc. night spots, and don't worry, from the looks of what I saw in the channel yesterday, the crowd may not be as big as some years but the
quality yesterday was great.
All I ask in return is for you to do the same for me in August when I go to
the shootout in LOTO. The folks at LOTO organizing the event have asked
me to get them some 100+ mph deckboats out there along with some
speed skiers to show off their skills. Aaron from Absolute is going to go
and the girl from Australia that raced behind Avilas boat last weekend
and Mike Avila if he can fit into his schedule. They're actually getting us
gas money and rooms and eats etc.
I'm excited, I guess they're going to open the event with a couple skiers
going about 110 mph past the crowd along the same course that the boats
will be running on that week.
How far is Table Rock Lake from the shootout. I have friends there that launch their 25 Blown Daytona in the backyard and I'll be needing to go say
hello to them.
Drive safe, you'll have a wonderful time here.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City
928-680-1400

MR HARLEY
03-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Keith is a AWESOME Guy :cool:

Robertbob
03-16-2006, 06:20 AM
You got it. We would be glad to help and show you around meet you that weekend for sure. My house on the lake is only about a mile from the race so I am really close by water. I can get rooms reserved for you and do what ever you need. I have friends that work at most of the bars so there will be hook ups everywhere if you want to do any partying. Table Rock is about 150 miles from LOTO it is more quiet but crystal clear waters. The shootout is awesome. Miss Budweiser the jet boat use to come there and the Bacardi jet powered cat is also there. Thanks for the offer and we will be glad to do whatever we can at LOTO for you. I will try to call you sometime today or tomorrow if that is ok? We plan on arriving at Havasu Sunday evening the 26th. We have to confirm our reservation at the Natucial Inn this weekend. Is that a good place to stay if you have your own boat? We are looking for a slip to rent. Thanks again Bob

shadow
03-16-2006, 06:39 AM
Welcome, and we'll see you out there!
:) :)
See you when you get here.We should be out on the water as well.