PDA

View Full Version : Lake Pleasant Thanksgiving or Friday???

roln 20s
11-24-2002, 01:12 PM
Hey everyone! I think we are going to take the Malibu out on Friday- the day after Thanksgiving. Anyone else plan on going or want to roll with us?? During this outing, we are going to try and drag Tony out there. Anyways, lets just see who wants to go..assuming it isn't rainning as predicted.
kphayes (i think) You going to still take out your new DCB 25 w/ twins? If so, I would love a ride :)
Have a good one!
Roln 20s

DogHouse
11-24-2002, 08:27 PM
Roln, I'm planning on being out on Fri assuming the weather cooperates. My nephew is dragging a new (to him) jet boat back to CA from TN this week and will be stopping through Phx to show me the new toy and hopefully take it for a ride. Not sure if I'll have the Magic ready by then but I'll certainly try. Maybe we'll see ya there...
-brian

kphayes
11-25-2002, 04:52 AM
We are going to try to get out on Thursday but we'll have to see if the weather holds up. I heard they might be talking about rain sometime.
Go figure, it doesn't rain out there for a hundred years, but the weekend I come in and want to run it will. I'm bound to get out, don't care what day. Hopefully we'll hook up with you guys out there.
Kyle
[ November 25, 2002, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: kphayes ]

XTRM22
11-25-2002, 06:09 AM
If the weather is even half way decent, Me, Donnie and Craig sill be out on Saguaro on Fri. Look for my 22' DCB Vee with three hoolgans riding around.
Chuck

DogHouse
11-25-2002, 06:48 AM
Hey, I like the Saguaro idea better than Pleasant, especially this time of year when you don't have to get there at crack o' dawn to get a parking spot...
Roln, you up for a change of venue?
Of course if it's cloudy, cold, and/or raining I reserve the right to be a wussy girl and stay home!!!
-brian

Craig
11-25-2002, 10:00 AM
XTRM22:
If the weather is even half way decent, Me, Donnie and Craig sill be out on Saguaro on Fri. Look for my 22' DCB Vee with three hoolgans riding around.
ChuckHey we have to see if we can talk Cobra boy into going. He doesn't have to bring his boat so he might go :D We did take that bad boy Cobra on the street yesterday for the first time, holy chit eek! 600 horsepower in something the the size of a Mazda Miata!!!
Craig

DogHouse
11-25-2002, 03:20 PM
Yeah Craig make sure that Cobra boy comes out, he can talk Cobra stuff with the other Cobra nut that I'm bringing along!

roln 20s
11-25-2002, 03:55 PM
Saguaro works for me. I'm not set on pleasant- its just close. As long as the weather is nice- count me in!
Brian- I stopped by Magic today cuz I was bored, they have a 28 cat there (used) with a big blower motor and the guy was asking around 60 K (white with maroon tribal flames)--thats not too bad! I'm trying to get a job, so maybe I can get a boat soon :)
Any of you know of any finance jobs in the valley or Tucson (Xtrm 22), let me know please. Thanks!
I'll check this on thursday to see if we are all still in.
Have a good one.
Roln 20s

Donnie
11-26-2002, 02:53 PM
If the weather is shitty plan on Hooters in Chandler at least we can drink and tell lies eek! :D

pleasantcat
11-26-2002, 03:22 PM
long way to drive home for us dont you think donnie....
friday is out for me. yep i'll be at work. going to laughlin wednesday/thursday and will be at work friday. saturday is oil change and tune up and sunday is lake day. if you guys want to do a sunday trip laet me know. sean

Donnie
11-26-2002, 05:10 PM
Well I figure if the weather is bad at least I can get Xtrm22 to drive to Hooters in Chandler wink
As far as sunday goes Janice and I will be on the North Shore of Oahu watching the big waves :D :D
We get back into Phx on friday the 6th and will be heading right to Havasu....Hoping for 110mph :rolleyes:

DogHouse
11-27-2002, 09:00 AM
Any other AZ ***boaters making it out on Fri???
Jordy, you out there??? I see your profile pic was taken upstream at Saguaro, you should come out since we'll be on your home turf!
-brian

roln 20s
11-27-2002, 04:39 PM
According to the news...the weather is suppose to be alright. This might happen afterall. But then again, the weather people aren't always right.
How bout today? wasn't it just beautiful? I don't miss nor cal at all right now.
What time are you guys thinking of heading out?
Roln 20s

kphayes
11-28-2002, 02:19 PM
In AZ finally. Took the boat out to Pleasent this morning and she ran great. What a ride. Alot different then the 19'. Are you guys going to make it out tomorrow? I was going to try to make it out and run with you guys at Saguaro if you don't mind. Let me know.
Kyle

DogHouse
11-28-2002, 07:30 PM
Latest forecast (weather.com) says partly cloudy, high of 73, increasing clouds later in the day. Got the boat together and started today. Looks like we're good to go... We'll be at Saguaro around 9-9:30ish. Look for a 28 Magic cat, 21 Edge pickelfork jet, and maybe a 23 Cheetah tunnel. Hope to see ya there!
-brian

DogHouse
11-28-2002, 07:32 PM
ps: If the weather doesn't cooperate then we'll have to sit around, drink the beer out of the coolers, and tell lies about how fast the boats go! :D

blown23vee
11-28-2002, 08:09 PM
I'll be thinking of all of you vacationing yahoo's while I'm at freakin work. No fun for me
Friday...hey Brian, who's got the 23' cheetah?? Not your old one is it??
Rick

kphayes
11-28-2002, 08:34 PM
We'll be there around 9:00. I will be in a white Chevy crew cab with the new boat. (Daytona w/twin outboards)
[ November 28, 2002, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: kphayes ]

DogHouse
11-28-2002, 08:51 PM
Rick, no not my old Cheetah. This one belongs to a friend from Tucson (HeavyHitter on the boards) has a bunch more hp than mine did... and a #4 SSM too!

Donnie
11-29-2002, 06:42 AM
Shit....its raining,has'nt rained in a year and of course the day you want to go to the lake??? :mad: :mad:
Hooters today or what :confused:

pleasantcat
11-29-2002, 07:37 AM
donnie, have a cold one for me...
well pam & i went to laughlin for turkeyday and came back with money so that's good.i forgot you were going to hawaii. have a great time and i'll chat with ya soon.
btw im at work :mad: :mad: :mad:

pleasantcat
11-29-2002, 11:11 AM
:( :( well, nobody's posting and the suns shinning..... guess you're out at the lake...
grrrrrrr i really hate slow days at work :mad:

pleasantcat
11-29-2002, 11:41 AM
Hey...Blown23vee using Pleasantcat's log on--this
"me bein at work" sh*t really sucks!!! Hope everyone's having a good day otherwise!!
Drink one for me!!!
Rick (blownvee)

roln 20s
11-29-2002, 03:47 PM
You guys still make it out there?? I had to help my mom move some furniture this morning since she was having her carpet cleaned..no time for the lake. I'm sorry I missed you guys if you made it out there, but I am heading back to Cali for school tomorrow but will GRADUATE in a couple weeks and plan on coming back. We will meet up over the holidays for sure. Have a good one and post any pics if you took some while you were there.
KPHayes..glad to hear the boat ran good. Wish I could have seen it. Enjoy!
Roln 20s

blown23vee
11-29-2002, 07:54 PM
Allright, go ahead & break it to me gently...was it the lake in the rain, or a major Hooters afternoon?? left to Donnie I'm guessing on the Hooters angle...
P.S. If anyone ended up at Centerfolds I don't want to hear it!!!

DogHouse
11-29-2002, 10:19 PM
I think it was both... I ended up at the lake, turned out ok after all. We had quite a bit of sunshine and decent temps most of the day. I think the rest of the guys that didn't show at the lake ended up seeing orange & white all afternoon, probably a better choice!
-brian

Craig
11-30-2002, 06:36 AM
eeehhhhhh, that'd be Chandler orange & white eek! watch the ASU/UA game and the other sites!

Donnie
11-30-2002, 07:02 AM
We had to take care of a nasty job.....Looking at CANS all afternoon eek! eek! :D

pleasantcat
11-30-2002, 04:42 PM
well, i missed it while i sat on my duff at work all day. i think we sold all of about 10dollars in airfresheners and thats all. glad you guys had fun.
donnie, have a great time with the mrs. in hawaii.

DogHouse
11-30-2002, 06:19 PM
Going back to Saguaro on Sunday around 10:30ish in case anyone is interested...
-brian

pleasantcat
12-01-2002, 06:59 AM
brian i'll be playing golf til 2pm sorry. i made plans to golf after everyone said friday was the day.

kphayes
12-01-2002, 11:10 AM
Sorry I didn't make it on Friday. Saw the weather and made other plans. I was suppose to leave this morning to go back home, but woke up to blue skys and sun shinning. I think we'll leave tomorrow. We are getting ready to go out to Pleasant for the day.
[ December 01, 2002, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: kphayes ]