PDA

View Full Version : LA Boat Show - Best of Show?

mbrown2
02-20-2003, 08:49 AM
For those of you that have went to the LA Boat Show and for those that have viewed the pics online, what boat do you view as your favorite this year...(no rocket science; just you gut, what you liked the best)... :confused:
For me it was the 25 Howard Bullet with the Quad Whipple...Nice combo all around, and I would be a little bias if I picked DCB or Eliminator...
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/2025Bullet001.jpg

twistedpair
02-20-2003, 08:53 AM
The more I see and hear about Shockwave, the more I like 'em. Oh yeah, and the spokesmodel is no slouch either! :D
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/2034ShockWave001.jpg

HavasuDreamin'
02-20-2003, 09:11 AM
I would have to say in a close race between the Eliminator 26' Tunnel, and the DCB F26 with twin 300X Merc's, that the Elim. wins out based on gel color and scheme. I like both boats though. The Eliminator.......
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/28E26Daytona001.jpg
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/28E26Daytona002.jpg
[ February 20, 2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

bigq
02-20-2003, 10:29 AM
mbrown2:
For those of you that have went to the LA Boat Show and for those that have viewed the pics online, what boat do you view as your favorite this year...(no rocket science; just you gut, what you liked the best)... :confused:
For me it was the 25 Howard Bullet with the Quad Whipple...Nice combo all around, and I would be a little bias if I picked DCB or Eliminator...
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/2025Bullet001.jpg I have to agree mbrown2, Howard 25 Bullet all the way. I liked it with the cuddy/open though for kids of coarse. I talked to Gene, the owner for about 20 minutes, a nice guy. I think I'm goin to save my dollars for that one. I'm tired of rerigging my new boats. wink Don't think I would need to worry about that with Howard not to mention it's fast and stable. :D

roln 20s
02-20-2003, 11:32 AM
I'm with MBrown2 and bigq- Howard 25 Bullett with the quad rotor whipple. Absolutely sick. Best new boat of the show.
Close runner up is the new F29 DCB (charley's). I think the motors, drives may have helped his score :D
Roln 20s

superdave013
02-20-2003, 03:09 PM
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/03_Boat_show_004.JPG

mbrown2
02-20-2003, 03:23 PM
OK, my best Parker boat would be the Schiada...some day I will be able to afford one of each...THEN I WOKE UP. :)

RP
02-20-2003, 04:06 PM
RD-
Once again... your on track with the opinion. :cool:

bigq
02-20-2003, 04:11 PM
Speaking of Schiada, I thought the 24 cuddy/open they had was very nice also. Just not as deep as I would like, nonetheless would be an excellent choice.

HBjet
02-20-2003, 04:29 PM
RiverDave:
but nobody else is really making trick billet rail kits with cross members anymoreYeah they are. Just not production boat mfg's. You need to go and have that shit made my friend. I bet that Schiada wasn't rigged by Schiada.
HBjet

roln 20s
02-20-2003, 06:39 PM
Speaking of the 1100hp and 1250hp Howard bulletts, I was joking with Mike at Howard and telling him good job on working the "entry level" boaters at the show. $70K for the cheapest boat on their show floor. All I can say is I wish I had $100K +, but don't we all. Great boats.
RD- that DCB Mach 26 (open bow with the teague 800) is pictured in one of the other threads. I also thought that boat was sick- did you notice that the gel-coat design was different on both sides. Killer touch.
On the Schiada note- I loved the 32 they had at the show. Awesome, and all paint!
Roln 20s

superdave013
02-20-2003, 06:43 PM
HBjet:
RiverDave:
but nobody else is really making trick billet rail kits with cross members anymoreYeah they are. Just not production boat mfg's. You need to go and have that shit made my friend. I bet that Schiada wasn't rigged by Schiada.
HBjet Oh yes it was. It was rigged by Stan @ schiada. But our forum member schiada96 made some of the parts for it.

schiada96
02-20-2003, 06:44 PM
HB why would you say that if you don't know dont say. Stan rigged all of them at the Vannuys plant

Havasu Hangin'
02-20-2003, 06:49 PM
The 40' MTI gets my vote...
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/508/74MTI_Front-med.jpg
Only because you gotta love a 40' boat that seats 4 (snugly)...
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/508/74MTI_Interior.jpg
[ February 20, 2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

Lendon Smith
02-20-2003, 10:24 PM
My vote would be for the new Hallet 260!
Love all the ROOM on that boat! And the sales guy quoted me a 68,000.00 sticker!
That was 4 grand cheaper than the howard 25!
Are Hallets suddunly more affordable or am I just getting comfortable spending 70 grand on a boat? eek!
bundy

HBjet
02-20-2003, 11:12 PM
superdave013:
Oh yes it was. It was rigged by Stan @ schiada. But our forum member schiada96 made some of the parts for it.So I stand corrected! I just remember seeing some "One Off" looking parts, parts I wouldn't think are on the shelf at a boat mfg. Kinda like the ski tow pole mounted into a fuel block! I don't think Eliminator is using that part.
HBjet :)
[ February 20, 2003, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

jet4fun
02-21-2003, 12:49 AM
my vote is definetly for the schiada 21 rc...
in my personal opinion of rigging i have seen at this, and past shows, and boats out and about. i think that nobody even comes close (styling put aside, i am talking purely about rigging) to DCB and Schiada rigging quality...
my main reason for liking this boat so much besides the rigging is because for me it is the ultimate boat... i am in to smaller boats (i currently have an 18.5 foot jet boat) and my only complaint about my boat is lack of space and usless in rough water like havasu, and zero freeboard... this boat is small enough to take to small places, but can handle rough water like havasu with ease, you can even take it to the ocean... plus its a v-drive which i like because you wont grenade your drive with 1200 horsepower (which is what i would have in it if i could afford one to begin with)...

jet4fun
02-21-2003, 12:55 AM
HBjet:
superdave013:
Oh yes it was. It was rigged by Stan @ schiada. But our forum member schiada96 made some of the parts for it.So I stand corrected! I just remember seeing some "One Off" looking parts, parts I wouldn't think are on the shelf at a boat mfg. Kinda like the ski tow pole mounted into a fuel block! I don't think Eliminator is using that part.
HBjet :) i would have to say that thats what really sets companies like Schiada and DCB apart, not using parts that just anyone can get... look at every single piece of aluminum that DCB uses: it has their logo engraved on it. you arent gonna just get that off the shelf of anywhere... did you see the grills in the 32 Schiada? had their logo as the grill (personally i thought it was ugly, but you gotta admit it was trick)...
this is the kind of stuff i think even sets companies like eliminator apart from these guys.

superdave013
02-21-2003, 05:05 AM
jet4fun:
HBjet:
superdave013:
HBjet :) i would have to say that thats what really sets companies like Schiada and DCB apart, not using parts that just anyone can get... look at every single piece of aluminum that DCB uses: it has their logo engraved on it. you arent gonna just get that off the shelf of anywhere... did you see the grills in the 32 Schiada? had their logo as the grill (personally i thought it was ugly, but you gotta admit it was trick)...
this is the kind of stuff i think even sets companies like eliminator apart from these guys. I agree! I went to that show just to look at all the hardware and rigging. It was all pretty much the same stuff on all the boats until I got to DCB and Schiada. I really liked what I saw at DCB. They do some really nice trick stuff. And people wounder why those types of boats cost so much. Well, I guess they could have just opened up the Rex and Dana catalogs and been like everyone else and trimmed some cost. Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff Rex and Dana are putting out. But I feel that alot of these so called custom builders are pretty much just doing custom gel coats. Their hardware is the same as everyone elses for the most part.

superdave013
02-21-2003, 05:11 AM
HBjet:
superdave013:
HBjet :) Well that's because it's a true custom boat.
They build each one as a one off peice. They are not pumping them out like Eliminator is.

MikeF
02-21-2003, 05:26 AM
The one I'd like to drive, The yellow PS/SS. As fast or faster than most boats there w/o using boost :cool: .
One I would not mind owning, The T/Turbo yellow Schiada RC :D .
Best lines on a tunnel (nice gel work too, only the colors I would have changed), Definatley, the E-Ticket hull. IMO, Looks better than most! :D

Haullen270
02-21-2003, 07:13 AM
My vote goes to the Hallett 360T with the dual Paul Pfaff 700HP plus motors. Beautiful, roomy, option loaded boat that hauls ass! But not for the meek and timid with their wallet. :D

TCHB
02-21-2003, 08:49 PM
Last night I went to the boat show and feel that Howard, Eliminator, DCB were the winners.

SoCalOffshore
02-22-2003, 12:34 PM
I think the Schiada's are trick, but my favorite boat was the 56 foot houseboat with the jacuzzi on top. If it only had bigger engines.

Cantrip
02-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Did anyone see the Hallett with the crazy looking bottom ? It was designed by the designer for glastron. Its not my favorite, but definitley a cool concept. I cant wait to see one on the water. If anyone got any pics, post 'em.

JetBoatRich
02-22-2003, 11:30 PM
Cantrip:
Did anyone see the Hallett with the crazy looking bottom ? It was designed by the designer for glastron. Its not my favorite, but definitley a cool concept. I cant wait to see one on the water. If anyone got any pics, post 'em. I talked to them about the bottom, Dan the salesman said you can not beleive the way it turns and handles

Hallett19
02-23-2003, 07:25 PM
I heard it planes much faster with that bottom design and it looked extremeley roomy.

C2
02-23-2003, 08:33 PM
The Schiada’s are just bad ass. Hands down the most custom boat out there.
$135K for a 21’ boat with stock power, it’s no wonder they only put out 20 boats per year. They are in the process of building a 21’ with a V12 quad rotored motor, at $200K, probably the most expensive 21’ ever.
Their 43’ that is coming out from a plug that was completely computer cut CNC (no hand tooling at all) should be interesting, didn’t even think about asking how much that cost.
The new Skater Vee downstairs was also pretty neat, never felt a chine so sharp on a boat before. Damn chines are so straight and sharp, though they would cut me!
I like the big go-fast boats too; but something about that 24’ Schiada….
C2

Rod-64
02-26-2003, 02:43 PM
How about a motorized kayak? :D http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Feb/20032265407521724334180.jpg

Irishluck
02-26-2003, 03:09 PM
I like Howards 25 ft Bullet, I loved the gelcoat and of course that quad whipple motor. I also liked Shockwaves new 32 footer with all that room and the reputation they have you can't go wrong with one of their boats. Boats I didn't like, well Bayliners and any other production boats. Over all I thought the show was pretty cool.

mbrown2
02-26-2003, 03:12 PM
That Kayak trailer is pretty tight...must have missed it...was it being towed by a Civic?

WetWillie
02-26-2003, 07:09 PM
HavasuDreamin':
I would have to say in a close race between the Eliminator 26' Tunnel, and the DCB F26 with twin 300X Merc's, that the Elim. wins out based on gel color and scheme. I like both boats though. The Eliminator.......
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/28E26Daytona001.jpg
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/28E26Daytona002.jpg I ahve to agree with HD this and the DCB 26 did it for me!
WW yuk

WetWillie
02-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Dis be the one
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/20DCBmach001.jpg
http://216.55.144.225/image_center/data/500/20DCBmach003.jpg
Bad to the !!! smile_sp

WetWillie
02-26-2003, 07:14 PM
WW eek! jawdrop eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!
[ February 26, 2003, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

Infomaniac
02-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Maybe next year one of them will have a Marine Assault 705 Quad 3.3 Whippled Monster powering it.

WetWillie
02-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Info thats what I am talking about!!!
WW wink
[ February 26, 2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

mbrown2
02-26-2003, 10:56 PM
Infomaniac:
Maybe next year one of them will have a Marine Assault 705 Quad 3.3 Whippled Monster powering it. Who needs the boat show...just one of those engines sitting in MY boat on the RIVER would be swell...just need to make it through this season... :)

BILLY.B
02-27-2003, 12:30 AM
The gelcoat colors have come along long way, and the gelcoaters do a great job of applying it. But when it comes to laying out the graphics on some of these boats it looks like the graphic designers threw spagetti at the inside of the mold and then traced it. And whats with all of these backwards tribal flame designs?? that really makes alot of sense. I also like when there's a 36ft boat with only 20ft of lay out. What ever happened to using the lines of the hull and making the boat look like it was really haulin ass just sitting there??, now a days it looks like the boat is there being pulled backwards and the ugliest boat wins!!. All's I know, if I even thought of putting those ummmm I can't even call those graphics, on the side of some guys custom painted boat I would of been out of buisness along time ago. These west coast "GRAPHIC DESIGNERS" should take along look at the east coast boats and get a good look at some of the lines/fades and just overall use of color, not just your typical thrown together graphic job like the west coast is offering. REMEMBER,being different isn't always the best thing!!, but coming up with somthing that catches your eye and complments your whole package, AND STILL LOOKS GOOD and not DATED is. eek! eek!

Rexone
02-27-2003, 12:36 AM
BILLY.B:
The gelcoat colors have come along long way, and the gelcoaters do a great job of applying it. But when it comes to laying out the graphics on some of these boats it looks like the graphic designers threw spagetti at the inside of the mold and then traced it. And whats with all of these backwards tribal flame designs?? that really makes alot of sense. I also like when there's a 36ft boat with only 20ft of lay out. What ever happened to using the lines of the hull and making the boat look like it was really haulin ass just sitting there??, now a days it looks like the boat is there being pulled backwards and the ugliest boat wins!!. All's I know, if I even thought of putting those ummmm I can't even call those graphics, on the side of some guys custom painted boat I would of been out of buisness along time ago. These west coast "GRAPHIC DESIGNERS" should take along look at the east coast boats and get a good look at some of the lines/fades and just overall use of color, not just your typical thrown together graphic job like the west coast is offering. REMEMBER,being different isn't always the best thing!!, but coming up with somthing that catches your eye and complments your whole package, AND STILL LOOKS GOOD and not DATED is. eek! eek! LMAO...how true. I didn't want to say it but you can get away with it.

Havasu Doug
02-27-2003, 01:01 AM
http://www.havasudoug.com/images/posts/laboatshow2003wildlavey1.jpg
http://www.havasudoug.com/images/posts/laboatshow2003wildlavey2.jpg
http://www.havasudoug.com/images/posts/laboatshow2003wildlavey3.jpg
Wild Lavey's 2750 NuEra was my favorite. :D

Charley
02-27-2003, 09:04 AM
BILLY.B:
The gelcoat colors have come along long way, and the gelcoaters do a great job of applying it. But when it comes to laying out the graphics on some of these boats it looks like the graphic designers threw spagetti at the inside of the mold and then traced it. And whats with all of these backwards tribal flame designs?? that really makes alot of sense. I also like when there's a 36ft boat with only 20ft of lay out. What ever happened to using the lines of the hull and making the boat look like it was really haulin ass just sitting there??, now a days it looks like the boat is there being pulled backwards and the ugliest boat wins!!. All's I know, if I even thought of putting those ummmm I can't even call those graphics, on the side of some guys custom painted boat I would of been out of buisness along time ago. These west coast "GRAPHIC DESIGNERS" should take along look at the east coast boats and get a good look at some of the lines/fades and just overall use of color, not just your typical thrown together graphic job like the west coast is offering. REMEMBER,being different isn't always the best thing!!, but coming up with somthing that catches your eye and complments your whole package, AND STILL LOOKS GOOD and not DATED is. eek! eek! So post some of your work..... on this thread please, lets see how it should be done
:D

dossangers
02-27-2003, 09:51 AM
Ditto on what billy b said GAUDY is not trick ive never seen uglier graphics than last year but everybody has there own idea thats why everbody likes the shiada its clean and simple.

Keith E. Sayre
02-27-2003, 05:31 PM
Call me old fashioned but the 21' Schiada v drive
is still it for me. but I'm partial!
For those of you that may not know who Billy B
is, (if it's the same Billy B that paints all
of the cool flatties in the west) he is one of
the most talented and gifted painters in the
world. I've never met him, but him and guys like
Dick Vale are few and far between. His paint is
off the charts!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400

superdave013
02-27-2003, 06:02 PM
Charley:
BILLY.B:
The gelcoat colors have come along long way, and the gelcoaters do a great job of applying it. But when it comes to laying out the graphics on some of these boats it looks like the graphic designers threw spagetti at the inside of the mold and then traced it. And whats with all of these backwards tribal flame designs?? that really makes alot of sense. I also like when there's a 36ft boat with only 20ft of lay out. What ever happened to using the lines of the hull and making the boat look like it was really haulin ass just sitting there??, now a days it looks like the boat is there being pulled backwards and the ugliest boat wins!!. All's I know, if I even thought of putting those ummmm I can't even call those graphics, on the side of some guys custom painted boat I would of been out of buisness along time ago. These west coast "GRAPHIC DESIGNERS" should take along look at the east coast boats and get a good look at some of the lines/fades and just overall use of color, not just your typical thrown together graphic job like the west coast is offering. REMEMBER,being different isn't always the best thing!!, but coming up with somthing that catches your eye and complments your whole package, AND STILL LOOKS GOOD and not DATED is. eek! eek! So post some of your work..... on this thread please, lets see how it should be done
:D I was at his shop yesterday. I saw one of the nicest looking flatbottoms in his paint booth that I have ever seen. I wish I would have gotten a pic of it. Unreal, I'm telling ya.
Billy, you must post a pic of that boat.

dcb 26 machman
02-27-2003, 06:36 PM
WetWillie:
Dis be the one
Bad to the !!! smile_sp

dcb 26 machman
02-27-2003, 06:36 PM
WetWillie:
Dis be the one
How can you even compare anyone else's boats?????
Bad to the !!! smile_sp

BILLY.B
02-27-2003, 06:43 PM
superdave013:
Charley:
BILLY.B:
:D I was at his shop yesterday. I saw one of the nicest looking flatbottoms in his paint booth that I have ever seen. I wish I would have gotten a pic of it. Unreal, I'm telling ya.
Billy, you must post a pic of that boat. If I had a digital camera I would. Thanks Dave for the nice words and when it's rubbed out I'll call you and maybe you can come by and check it out wink

superdave013
02-27-2003, 06:53 PM
BILLY.B:
superdave013:
Charley:
BILLY.B:
Billy, you must post a pic of that boat. If I had a digital camera I would. Thanks Dave for the nice words and when it's rubbed out I'll call you and maybe you can come by and check it out wink You should buy one. 300 bucks gets a good enough one these days. You will have alot of fun with it for sure.
I will be back up that way maybe next week to pick up my strut and fin. I'll swing by and see what's up.

Charley
02-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Superdave is right!!! spend the $300 and another $300 on a website for a year and you will likely see 10x that in business..... I'm assuming yer good wink

Charley
02-27-2003, 10:31 PM
hey!!! wanna ghost in some skulls into my new gelcoat??? I have a digital camera for trade?lol

superdave013
02-28-2003, 06:18 AM
Charley:
hey!!! wanna ghost in some skulls into my new gelcoat??? I have a digital camera for trade?lol Charley, you really should go by his shop sometime and check out his work. I don't think he needs a web site to get busy. Hell, he does not even need a sign on his shop.
Just so you have his # :D
http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/505/1IMG_0631-med.JPG

BILLY.B
03-02-2003, 07:33 AM
I couldn't believe how many phone calls I had pertaining to this topic and the post I did. They were from a lot of big names in the industry, and I will tell you they all agreed with what I said but they couldn't say it. The graphics today are really atrocious. I know the boat manufactures are only doing what the customers want, but come on, why ruin a bitchin boat with a graphic scheme that matches your wifes latest TATOO eek! !!. The one thing nobody seems to think about is resale. And I can almost guarantee you "LEOPARD" graphics won't be in 5yrs from now!!. :cool:

BADAXE
03-02-2003, 09:08 AM
BILLY.B:
I couldn't believe how many phone calls I had pertaining to this topic and the post I did. They were from a lot of big names in the industry, and I will tell you they all agreed with what I said but they couldn't say it. The graphics today are really atrocious. I know the boat manufactures are only doing what the customers want, but come on, why ruin a bitchin boat with a graphic scheme that matches your wifes latest TATOO eek! !!. The one thing nobody seems to think about is resale. And I can almost guarantee you "LEOPARD" graphics won't be in 5yrs from now!!. :cool: Not only that, but don't you think that flames and tribal graphics are like the checker flags were in the 90's. Way over done to the point so it is not unique anymore. I think you're right about resale, five years from now people are going to be burnt out on flames.
Now don't get me wrong I think flames and tribals look great (charlie and tobtek saw your boats at the show and loved them) I just feel bad for the people who have them because everyone is copying them and soon its going to be "just another boat with flames". Again not meant to affend anybody it's just that I'm old and like more classic than the trendy.

superdave013
03-02-2003, 09:14 AM
BILLY.B:
I couldn't believe how many phone calls I had pertaining to this topic and the post I did. They were from a lot of big names in the industry, and I will tell you they all agreed with what I said but they couldn't say it. Just shows you how many lurkers there are. And yes, even though very few industry guys post I know for a fact that they all read these forums.
Remember the pastels of the ‘80s?
I wonder how many Pro street cars got re painted after that phase died out?

TOBTEK
03-02-2003, 10:08 AM
BADAXE:
BILLY.B:
I couldn't believe how many phone calls I had pertaining to this topic and the post I did. They were from a lot of big names in the industry, and I will tell you they all agreed with what I said but they couldn't say it. The graphics today are really atrocious. I know the boat manufactures are only doing what the customers want, but come on, why ruin a bitchin boat with a graphic scheme that matches your wifes latest TATOO eek! !!. The one thing nobody seems to think about is resale. And I can almost guarantee you "LEOPARD" graphics won't be in 5yrs from now!!. :cool: Not only that, but don't you think that flames and tribal graphics are like the checker flags were in the 90's. Way over done to the point so it is not unique anymore. I think you're right about resale, five years from now people are going to be burnt out on flames.
Now don't get me wrong I think flames and tribals look great (charlie and tobtek saw your boats at the show and loved them) I just feel bad for the people who have them because everyone is copying them and soon its going to be "just another boat with flames". Again not meant to affend anybody it's just that I'm old and like more classic than the trendy. oh my god...im sooo offended :D :D
BUT in defense of the timless flames, have you seen a hot rod with flames? they started being built how many years ago? wink and if I knew Cahrlie was going to copy me id would have picked my other design ( that would have looked good on the 29 as well) :D :D :D

mbrown2
03-02-2003, 11:28 AM
I like both the classic designs on the Schiada, and the new designs (Tribal and Flames)on newer design boats...I tend to think with the right colors on most graphics can stand the test of time..
I found this boat interesting in the boat trader...a newer DCB with more a traditional gel layout on it...I think this more traditional gel on this newer design boat will negatively affect its resale. A newer design boat should have newer design graphic layout just as an older design such as a Schiada or Flatty (Schiada's still look older but classic) should have an older Gel design layout..Put a new layout on a Schiada or Flatbottom and it just don't fit..
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/1642730/41374796_1.jpg

TOBTEK
03-02-2003, 12:06 PM
I saw that as well....how about all the GOLD trim? its pretty giggy. It looks 20 years old. you should trade that for yours mike wink :D

mbrown2
03-02-2003, 02:09 PM
I was thinking about picking it up...just for the bling, bling factor..NOT :) :D :)

TOBTEK
03-02-2003, 02:18 PM
mbrown2:
I was thinking about picking it up...just for the bling, bling factor..NOT :) :D :) a man of your means, I dont see why not! afterall its JUST money :D

dcb 26 machman
03-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Where did you see that boat for sale?? What kind of power? That boat is bitchin!

mbrown2
03-02-2003, 09:43 PM
dcb 26 machman:
Where did you see that boat for sale?? What kind of power? That boat is bitchin! It is in the boat trader, try link below, I think that is has a Teague 740 or better..
Boat Trader Link (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/9/6/41374796.htm)
[ March 02, 2003, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: mbrown2 ]

BILLY.B
03-03-2003, 06:18 AM
TOBTEK:
I saw that as well....how about all the GOLD trim? its pretty giggy. It looks 20 years old. you should trade that for yours mike wink :D TOBTEK, the DCB looks like an elimanator from the early 80's. I also agree that a new style hull does not need old style graphics. On the other hand, the new style hulls have some bitchin lines, so why not use them????. You will see a bitchin hull with only graphics on about 1/3rd of it and the rest of the boat is just left out there with nothing on it. People have always be afraid to try something different, unless they can actually see it already done. They are usally afraid there friends will give them a hard time and the won't fit in. SCREW THAT... If fitting in means you have to have what the hole crowd is running then I'd rather WALK alone.. :D :D

Hud
03-03-2003, 06:30 AM
Well said Mr. B idea

TOBTEK
03-03-2003, 08:19 AM
BILLY.B:
TOBTEK:
I saw that as well....how about all the GOLD trim? its pretty giggy. It looks 20 years old. you should trade that for yours mike wink :D TOBTEK, the DCB looks like an elimanator from the early 80's. I also agree that a new style hull does not need old style graphics. On the other hand, the new style hulls have some bitchin lines, so why not use them????. You will see a bitchin hull with only graphics on about 1/3rd of it and the rest of the boat is just left out there with nothing on it. People have always be afraid to try something different, unless they can actually see it already done. They are usally afraid there friends will give them a hard time and the won't fit in. SCREW THAT... If fitting in means you have to have what the hole crowd is running then I'd rather WALK alone.. :D :D I agree with you 100%.....I wish DCB could steel ULTRA's gell coat guys... they have the most modern cutting edge designs out there (IMO) love that ultra that was at the sema show and LA, orange and burgendy stelth, I wanted to go nuts with the new boat, wifey veto'ed all the wild schems I came up with. The all silver base, with blue and yellow graphics off the front was bad ass.......maybe next year wink

BADAXE
08-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Mondorally,
This thread mentions your 27' at the show in 2003. I still can't find the pictures