PDA

View Full Version : Any good stereo installers in Havasu?

Wet Pair-A-Dice
03-29-2003, 08:30 AM
Does anyone know of a good stereo installer in Havasu? I need an amplifier and sub's installed in my 28' Party Cat.

RIVER WILD
03-29-2003, 11:20 PM
I DO NOT KNOW OF A GOOD INSTALLER IN HAVASU BUT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND VIP IN CARLSBAD THEY RUN A VERY HIGH END PROFESSIONAL SHOP LET THEM KNOW JOHN WITH SLIDE OUT SHELVES SENT YOU
THEY ALSO DO HOME THEATERS

Wet Pair-A-Dice
03-30-2003, 08:17 AM
River Wild (John),
Thanks for the info. on the installer. Unfortunately, my boat is kept at my Havasu house and I am trying to avoid towing the thing home (Calif). I'm heading out to Havasu today (Sun) and I'll be attempting to find someone there. If not, I'll bite the bullet & fuel and tow it back!
Thanks Again for the input! :)

Havasu Sun
03-30-2003, 11:43 AM
Check out Car Toyz on N.Kiowa They did a friend of mines Deck boat.It looks & sounds Good!! 1st class work. I heard they also do Installs for one of the Boat builders in town. JJ

silver surfer
03-30-2003, 01:31 PM
I can vouch for their work at CAR TOYZ. They installed an amp and four speakers for me. Great job on the installation. Fast, but careful service. Two or three guys own the shop, one is definately the tech person. I forget his name. As for prices, you need to haggle a bit-they start off on the high side. Cartronics is OK, but I was not impressed with their sales staff. Maybe is was just a bad day. Let me know if you need numbers-I keep a Havasu phone book at my home.

mbrown2
03-30-2003, 09:42 PM
Ron's Custom Detail and Stereo on Industrial. I have seen some boats they have done and they do some pretty slick work.

ROZ
03-30-2003, 11:00 PM
RIVER WILD:
I DO NOT KNOW OF A GOOD INSTALLER IN HAVASU BUT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND VIP IN CARLSBAD THEY RUN A VERY HIGH END PROFESSIONAL SHOP LET THEM KNOW JOHN WITH SLIDE OUT SHELVES SENT YOU
THEY ALSO DO HOME THEATERS Yes, Joel Saltz is a very good installer. Probably the best guy they have when it comes to custom/fab work. I use to work with him....

PRIMEriverRUNNER8780
03-31-2003, 12:15 AM
Actually i know of a stero shop in Havasu. My cousin owns it. Ill get you the telephone number tomorrow evening.

Essex502
04-01-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by ROZ:
Yes, Joel Saltz is a very good installer. Probably the best guy they have when it comes to custom/fab work. I use to work with him.... ROZ - How would one get a hold of Joel Saltz? Yellow Pages?

ROZ
04-01-2003, 09:39 AM
Essex502:
Originally posted by ROZ:
Yes, Joel Saltz is a very good installer. Probably the best guy they have when it comes to custom/fab work. I use to work with him.... ROZ - How would one get a hold of Joel Saltz? Yellow Pages? He works as an installer at VIP in Carlsbad. Palomar Airport RD and Avenida Encina, west of the 5. 760-597-4004

Wet Pair-A-Dice
04-01-2003, 02:14 PM
Thanks again everyone for the input! I just now got back from Havasu and stopped at Car Toyz and spoke with a guy named Brent. The prices seemed to be ok However, I'm not sure about the subwoofers. He recommended 4- 10" "ACS" brand subwoofers that claim to handle 300 watts. He stated that the subs do not require boxes. I've never heard of this brand. Has anyone? They come with the white plastic grills which he said are kid proof. Any input is greatly appreciated!

OC-PARTYCAT
04-01-2003, 02:28 PM
I would go with four 15s underneith the front seats...1/2 of the storage compartment in the sponson can be glassed in for the enclosures.
[ April 01, 2003, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: OC-PARTYCAT ]

Wet Pair-A-Dice
04-01-2003, 02:31 PM
OC PartyCat,
Will 15's fit down below? I thought I would have trouble with 10's. :confused:

OC-PARTYCAT
04-01-2003, 02:35 PM
I have (4) 15s on each side glassed in. they fit perfect. The downside is, I dont have any storage under the seats. Its a much cleaner install than cutting the side of your boat for subs, and you have just the right amount of airspace.

Wet Pair-A-Dice
04-01-2003, 02:37 PM
OC PartyCat
I see what your saying, I really don't want to give up all that space. Is that how your cat is set up?

Wet Pair-A-Dice
04-01-2003, 02:39 PM
OC party Cat,
I would have a hard time selling that type of install to my wife. She likes the storage space. What subs are you running?

OC-PARTYCAT
04-01-2003, 02:43 PM
yep,(8) 15s, (26) 6.5s, and a honda eu3000 genset in the helm. If I did it all over again, I would go with (2) on each side...then you would still have 50% storage. There are guys on here that know alot more than I do but...If you are worried about storage then maybe put (1) on each side. There are some very good subs out there that would sound really good with just a pair hooked up to 1K watts. :p

OC-PARTYCAT
04-01-2003, 02:44 PM
Im runnin the fosgate HE2s

Wet Pair-A-Dice
04-01-2003, 02:48 PM
Wow! It sounds like you've got a pretty sweet set up! Thanks for your input! I hope to have it figured out by the time I head back out in two weeks.

OC-PARTYCAT
04-01-2003, 02:51 PM
good luck, skies the limit in a partycat. :D :D

ROZ
04-01-2003, 03:58 PM
OC-PARTYCAT:
good luck, skies the limit in a partycat. :D :D You proved that! :D Anything is possible.

OC-PARTYCAT
04-01-2003, 04:33 PM
I think my system is pretty mellow compared to some of the stuff around here. :)

WHIPPED502
04-01-2003, 04:52 PM
Wet Pair-A-Dice. I had Car Toyz do my system. I brought them my own equipment because I was able to get it at a better price. Brent talked me out of my subs and I went with the ACS's They sound good and I like that they are water resistant.. Mine are mounted under my rear seat and that area always gets wet. The plastic grills work well. It is just peace of mind not having to worry about them. They did a good job on my system. I needed them to make some adjustments a few times just to satisfy my tastes in sound. They never had a problem with it.

Wet Pair-A-Dice
04-01-2003, 06:52 PM
Whipped502,
Thanks for the info. on your subs. I was alittle unsure about the subs. (unk. brand name to me) The demo pair in the showroom were not hooked up and it made me alittle hesitant about going with them without hearing them first. When I head back out in a couple of weeks maybe they'll have them up and running.
Thanks again for the input!

Keith E. Sayre
04-02-2003, 01:07 PM
We have the boys at Car Toyz do all of our stereo
work and they do a great job for what seems to be
a fair price. I would go there in a minute.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Lake Havasu City