PDA

View Full Version : hydraulic lift on hatch doesnt always work

ryantparks
06-11-2003, 07:05 AM
02 ultra, when the button is pushed it wants to come up but doesnt always. It will take me sometimes up to a minute to get it to move up once it starts going up or down it is fine. I never have a problem with it going back down.
It is the stock hydraulic system.
I havent checked anything on it yet, any suggestions? Thanks, Ryan

Mandelon
06-11-2003, 11:33 AM
Is it sticking as it closes? If it moves up easily once it is clear of the side cushioning, it is probably the friction of the sides keeping it closed...Maybe grease up the sides with plenty of Armor All????
What happens if you give it a hand to get started? Also check with Ultra 28 or Froggy. I think they know a couple things about Ultras.. :rolleyes:

Jbb
06-11-2003, 11:38 AM
Fluid Level?

JetBoatRich
06-11-2003, 12:09 PM
could be a voltage issue, depends on the distance from of the wiring. My buddy's Hallett did the same thing until he rewired it.

Hermosa
06-11-2003, 02:04 PM
JETBOAT BRIAN:
Fluid Level? I would think that all the way down, the resivor would be full, sounds like a strange problem, may just be a simple switch issue...

Mandelon
06-11-2003, 02:18 PM
But when the lid is down, how do you check it? :rolleyes: LIke the light inside the refrigerator, huh... :D :D

ryantparks
06-11-2003, 07:46 PM
It closes just fine its when it tries to go up is when it sometimes has the problem. I doubt it is a voltage issue because it has dual batteries and they are fully charged. I guess it could maybe be the switch? Thanks, Ryan

Jrocket
06-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Mandelon:
But when the lid is down, how do you check it? :rolleyes: LIke the light inside the refrigerator, huh... :D :D Midgets man,its all about the midgets. :D

Froggystyle
06-11-2003, 11:26 PM
Mandelon:
Is it sticking as it closes? If it moves up easily once it is clear of the side cushioning, it is probably the friction of the sides keeping it closed...Maybe grease up the sides with plenty of Armor All????
What happens if you give it a hand to get started? Also check with Ultra 28 or Froggy. I think they know a couple things about Ultras.. :rolleyes: My guess is, it is a switch issue. Or a bad ground on the switch. The back of the switch has two positives, and two negatives basically. One way connects the motor going one direction polarity wise, and the other reverses it to get the motor to spin opposite. My guess is, the ground or power on the back of the switch is loose or bad. They use simple cal-term crimp connectors, so it is an easy check and fix.
Just a guess.