PDA

View Full Version : Uhh...Missboatnam...

1quickjet
09-04-2002, 11:12 AM
I think I am going to need a new truck. My labor day was not so hot. I was driving my fullsize Chev this monday morning when someone ran a red light (claims no brakes) and struck my drivers side. The truck rolled and I was ejected. It came to rest upside-down only a few feet from where I landed in the gutter. (approximately 1 block from Picklefork1's house). It is only by Gods grace that I am alive today. And I am remarkably intact. A few staples in my noggin, a pretty gnarley concussion (keyboard is spinning as I type this) and I am missing some skin. But, I am alive and will live to throw a rooster tail another day. Fortunately my wife was not with me, the entire roof of the truck was collapsed.
Anyway, If I may give you a buzz in the next few weeks regarding a new ride, I would appreciate it.
BTW, before Jim buys that motorcycle, let me talk to him about some of the stuff I saw while in the ER. The guy next to me was a motorcycle victim, and it wasn't pretty.
Thanks Tina. Jeff

missboatnam1
09-04-2002, 11:27 AM
jeff, thankgod you are ok, sounds like someone is watching out for ya :cool: did you have your seat belt on? just curious....well you know i can hook you up anytime, if your lookin into dodge, we have 0% on everything for 5 years, this will only last a couple more weeks though....free intrest is a beauitful thing....you take care of yourself, and if you need anything, just give me a call!!!
(909) 272-3110...work
p.s. how did the other peron end up?

missboatnam1
09-04-2002, 11:30 AM
ow and thanks for the tip on mr b buying a bike, i dont worry about him driving, just every one else....i really dont want him to get one, but its his thing....

boatnam2
09-04-2002, 11:37 AM
damm 1qj,thats narley im glad your ok.the only reason i have not got the bike yet is i know its so dangerous.i figured if i just putted it around on weekends i might be ok.if not missb had me up my life insurance.

1quickjet
09-04-2002, 11:49 AM
Tina thank you for the offer. Honestly, Tina, I did not have my seat belt on. WAIT! Don't lecture me just yet, I got enough of that in the hospital. I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt, I have even been accused of being a "saftey nazi." I took off my seatbelt literally 1 second before the accident. My reasons were, that darn GM seatbelt was stuck. It had locked up and I couldn't move. I had taken to the dealer before for the same reason. I was also 1 block from the house. I believe this was my only reason for survival (besides that "someone" looking out for me :) Had I remained in that vehicle I would surely have died). However it is no excuse! There is no good excuse for not wearing your seatbelt! It was my mistake for not wearing it and I am very fortunate. I have promised about 150 people so far that the seatbelt goes on before the engine is started and doesn't come off untill it is stopped.
The other driver (the one at fault) was a "no speaka English" type. He had severe internal injuries and I don't know of his fate. However, because he had no medical insurance, he was being transferred to the county as I reamined in RCH's ER.
The one I feel for the most is my wife and sister. They got the call from my cell phone, by a witness, and headed to the hospital, knowing I was hurt but alive. But, they had to pass the accident on the way to the hopspital and they both became completely hysterical. Knowing nobody could have survived being inside that truck. But were relieved once I was released. Still shaken up, she won't let me out of her sight for a while. But we will be OK. Thanks again Tina. Jeff

missboatnam1
09-04-2002, 12:29 PM
so, if you would of had it on, it would of been worse for you?......i hear that alot, just you take care, and if you guys need any help with anything just give us a buzz......

1quickjet
09-04-2002, 02:32 PM
missboatnam1:
so, if you would of had it on, it would of been worse for you?......i hear that alot, Actually, In my case, yes. But please don't anyone take that advice. Mine was extremely rare case. In 99.99% of cases seatbelts save lives. I am an extremely fortunate exception. thanks again. jeff

bigorangefan
09-04-2002, 02:39 PM
Glad your ok :D
The BOF'S

HBjet
09-04-2002, 02:44 PM
Someone is watching over you bud. You are one luckey guy to be typing today. Take care and rest. Again, glad to hear you didn't get too beat up, it could have been a lot worse....
HBjet

BowTie Rick
09-04-2002, 02:46 PM
Was this accident in Riverside? I drove by one that sounds just like yours. I thought someone had been killed, thank god you came out OK.

DickDanger
09-04-2002, 03:08 PM
1QJ, hope ya feel better real soon. Glad you are in somewhat decent shape. A quick note on the seatbelt, more often than not they save lives, but as you said, there are those rare circumstances. I was on a vehicle accident where the person driving was almost completely decapitated from the belt. Needless to say, they did not survive. Squirts up soon buddy!!! -DD Out

1quickjet
09-04-2002, 07:06 PM
Thanks so much for your support guys. Yes, I am very blessed. Dick Danger sees this kind of stuff daily I am sure. Please, everybody wear your seatbelt!
Bowtie Rick, yes in Riverside. Corner of Jurupa and Magnolia. About 9:30 am monday. I was driving the lifted white truck that was upside-down. Paramedics, nurses, witnesses and especially RPD said it is truly amazing anyone survived it.
Just got word that the driver that hit me was uninsured, unlicensed, and an illegal.
Dick Danger, I have much more respect than ever for you guys. The medics did a great job of keeping everyone calm, especially myself and my wife. Very reassuring. They had more "bedside manner" than most doctors do.
Thanks again guys.

1tricky1
09-04-2002, 08:30 PM
1qj, glad to hear you are ok! Who are you insured with? I just happen to be in the insurance business and wouldn't mind helping if I can.

nextasex
09-04-2002, 08:34 PM
hey 1qj, glad to hear your good to go bro. hope you get well soon and get back out there!!
see ya around
frank

locogringo
09-04-2002, 10:18 PM
IQJ...Someone watching you and got a plan laid out huh???
Glad you made it out as well as you did.
Chin up. I just talked to a customer today who had his 16 year old son die in a motorcycle crash in January, his dad died in March, his wife's dad died in May and his best friends wife got killed in a car accident 3 weeks ago. Now that makes you say,"can anything else go wrong?" Consoled him for about an hour.
P.S. (buy Chevy, or GMC) :D

Chaddyshack
09-05-2002, 05:53 AM
1qj,
I'm glad your still here to tell us the story!!!Anything we can do from San Diego?? let us (Nashville Bound or I) know. Heck maybe you can make the pyramid trip and tell us a great campfire story!!!!
Chad aka Chaddyshack

hoolign
09-05-2002, 06:46 AM
sorry to hear about your wreck dude,you are a dedicated ***boater,smashed up,bruised up,probably medicated,imagine it hurts to move,but in true ***boat style...postin :D speedy recovery
jeff

Mohavekid
09-06-2002, 06:35 PM
1QJ. Glad to hear all is not as bad as it could have been. As an insurance geek, I see this stuff all the time and you're the exception to the rule with seatbelts. If you need any help with your claim, give a shout. I can give you some guidance on the inside workings.

Jrocket
09-06-2002, 07:35 PM
Glad to hear your still with us! Drop me an E-Mail if you need anything...Im in the Riverside area so dont be afraid to ask for any help..JR