PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cigarette 1

RadeX
03-18-2002, 04:36 PM
I am also from the LA area (Torrance) a few weeks ago I purchased a 30' kachina shadow and pick it up in a couple weeks, I am a experienced lake boater, since I work in Long Beach "a stone throw away from the water" I am going to do more boating in the ocean now. It sounds like you go out year long, I would like to go boating with you but would not be able to keep up with only one 496mag, so is there any advice you can give me before my fist ocean boat launch?
thanks Radek

cigarette1
03-19-2002, 09:11 AM
RadeX,
First thing you should do is come to Bob Teage's shop on Sunday 03/24 at 11:00am for the SCOPE Kickoff Party. There, I can introduce you to the other ocean guys.
There are plenty of guys in the club that have <30'boats who are always on the ocean running with the big doggs.
You are only minutes from the ramp in Long Beach just NW of the Queen Mary or you can launch from Davie's Ramp in los Alamitos(2nd/PCH).
Salt water is not for the light hearted, you better consider the clean-up as a serious part of your boating.
Here's a link to the SCOPE party:
http://66.34.157.161/Event-Info/2002-SCOPE-Kickoff.htm
You can email me at: garysanch@aol.com

Spirit of Discovery
03-19-2002, 09:35 AM
Come be a patrol boat for the Pacific Offshore race in Long Beach June 1 & 2. E-mail me for details!! If you go to the SCOPE deal, Talk to Bob Teague about it too.
[This message has been edited by Spirit of Discovery (edited March 20, 2002).]

Flashwave
03-19-2002, 07:06 PM
Hi RadeX,
Spirt of Discovery and I will be launching by the Queen Wednesday about 2:00 to do some testing. We'll be running through the harbor out by the break water unless the harbor patrol runs us out in the ocean. Keep an eye out. You can see the boat at www.f148.com (http://www.f148.com)
Jim
[This message has been edited by Flashwave (edited March 19, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by Flashwave (edited March 19, 2002).]

RadeX
03-21-2002, 11:25 AM
Your boats are awesome! What are the reqirements and duties of being a patrol boat? I am definately interested.

Spirit of Discovery
03-22-2002, 09:56 AM
E-mail me about the details. I will put you in touch with the race producer for each individual race. Patrol boats have to commit to being there for the drivers meeting and a meeting with the safety team. then you'll go out on the course with a rescue team member and possibly a turn official. Thats about all I know. The race producers can give you more details. Being in So. Ca. you could possibly do Oceanside, Huntington Beach and Long Beach.....if you're so inclined. (Am I being presumptuous here?) Thanks for your interest and I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Scott