PDA

View Full Version : Lake Shasta 9/7 to 9/14

Aduner2
09-01-2002, 09:55 PM
Where's the best place to go on the lake? Any info will be apreciated, first time going. Leaving out of Bridgeview Marina.

BK
09-02-2002, 07:26 PM
On the Pit and Squaw you'll probley find the best water. From Bridgebay you'll want to head under the I-5 bridge (East) till you get to the Jones Valley inlet. Staying to the left is the Squaw and to the right is the Pit. Good luck and have fun.

Boatmaster
09-03-2002, 05:36 AM
Stop by shasta marina on the Sacramento arm. Best turn out for hot boats on the lake. I'll be on my houseboat this Thursday- Sunday.

69 Elim
09-03-2002, 07:55 AM
I like the Pit & Squaw for some nice glass water. very relaxing, excellent skiing, hardly anyone else out there. Damn, wish I could go (next year!)

Spirit of Discovery
09-03-2002, 02:56 PM
The Pit is good, but watch out for the stumps, they're everywhere. Squaw is really good too. The upper Mc Cloud, beyond Holiday Harbor is really nice too. Used to keep the boat at Shasta Marina. When the water is up, that inlet is fabulous. You can have the rest of the Sacramento arm. Too many people. My Dad still keeps his boat at Holiday. He is really liking the north end of the McCloud. I haven't heard what the water level is. If it is high enough, go to the end of teh pit River. On the left, you'll find a stream coming into the lake about 150 yards before the bridge. Beach the boat and walk up the stream ( about 150 - 200 yards) You'll find a beautiful pool (used to take my dates skinny dipping there!!) and a 150 foot waterfall. It is a beautiful place. Have fun!! Wish I were back up there!!

gnarley
09-03-2002, 03:22 PM
As an update I was there over the Labor Day weekend & the water is down about 70 feet from the high water or so I was told and about average for this time of year & dropping about a foot a day now. Submerged objects were marked but be careful anyway.

hulshot
09-03-2002, 09:27 PM
boatmaster, are you doin a you and the wife weekend? I'm still trinto get the delta scum off. Sorry I had to bail out but you know the wife thing???

gnarley
09-03-2002, 09:45 PM
Hulshot, if you have trouble with that cleaning try starbrite hull cleaner & make sure it has occilic acid in it. It works :D and bleaches the color back almost instantly then wash off with water & dry.

Aduner2
09-03-2002, 09:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the info. Here's what I come up with:
1) Squaw or Pit for skiing :D
2) Shasta Marina for some hot boat action :p
3) Hidden pool @ Pit to get naked eek!
A few more questions if you all don't mine:
1) how strict is the lake patrol on speed, noise, open container?
2) What fuel service is on the lake?
3) Any good places to eat?
Ed

gnarley
09-03-2002, 10:03 PM
I can answer the fuel one, 89 octane at $2.96 a gallon at Antlers eek!

Spirit of Discovery
09-05-2002, 11:07 AM
I lived there for 4 1/2 years. I was on the lake at least 300 days per year. in all that time, I bet I didn't see the sheriff's boat 10 times. HOWEVER, you do know that as soon as you do something you shouldn't, those sneaky little bastsrds pop out of that piece of driftwood you just passed!! Every marina has gas and its ALL expensive!! Bridge bay (Tale of the Whale) restaurant used to be excellent, I've heard it is not so hot anymore. Silverthorn resort used to have a great restaurant too. Not unusual to have Merle Haggard as the entertainment there when he's not touring. They NEVER advertise that, though. You just have to hit and miss. I think that all the other marinas just have snack bars, but things could have changed in the past couple of years. Have fun!! (and watch out for that driftwood!!)

BLEWBAYOU1
09-05-2002, 06:07 PM
Hey Gnarley.I saw you at Shasta on sunday.I was in the cove with KZ and steve(AKA CAS)I had the blue ELIMINATOR.That doesn't look like any fourwinns that I've ever seen.Nice boat.
BRIAN :cool: