PDA

View Full Version : New Windsor Launch Ramp Rules

bohica
04-01-2003, 03:49 PM
I was in Havasu last weekend and the rangers at the both told me that my truck and trailer is to long for the parking lot. They said from now on, I have to park in the dirt overflow lot. They said it's a new rule, because too many large rigs were getting hit in the parking lot. That dirt overflow area is going to fill up fast considering all the big boats in Havasu. Mine's not even that big - Chevy crew cab dually and trailer for 34' Magic.
This sucks, I make a habit of getting up early to launch so I don't have a hike back to the truck at the end of the day. I think my rig fits in the spaces just right. I can't help it if the other morons can't drive. Just had to vent!! :mad:

SCUBA STEVE
04-01-2003, 03:55 PM
sh** I was going to launch there this coming weekend for the first time. I usually launch at the marina but that hike was killing me. I only have a 21' so maybe they'll let me slide? If not at least I'll now what to expect. thanks for the info. frown

Ziggy
04-01-2003, 06:05 PM
That's total BS....first they raise the price WAY up from before and then tell you that you can't park there. Something smells fishy to me. Did Bohica get them mad? :D Just kidding
You should be safe with a 21' Steve.

TrojanDan
04-01-2003, 07:20 PM
When I was up at Windsor earlier this month, the Park Rangers told me to hide my yearly launch pass since there's been vandalism and thefts in the parking lot from people trying to steal these passes. I went to Cattail Cove this past weekend and show my launch pass but neglect to ask the Rangers if I need to display my pass. When I return, I had a ticket on my window. I explained to the Rangers at Cattail the next day and they were cool enough to tear up my ticket.
In summary, hide your permit at Windsor, and display it at Cattail Cove.

OutCole'd
04-01-2003, 07:52 PM
Do what I did, teach you wife to park the truck & retrieve the boat. Then you can sit back & swill beer till she gets back. I call this win, win.

Havasu_Jet_85
04-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Maybe they could get a a person driving a golf cart to take you back to your truck. LOL :D

TCHB
04-01-2003, 09:29 PM
State Workers making things complicated again. It is sure strange put a badge and uniform on a low payed state worker and they go nuts with power. Maybe we should try to get a electronic gate that does not require State Employees. This will be a great tax savings for all of us. Why dont they make a seperate line for people with passes. I guess this takes some thinking.

HavasuDreamin'
04-02-2003, 06:44 AM
Well.........I can appreciate that the people at Windsor are trying to protect your rig. Personally, I would rather walk further in the heat (as shi**y as it may be) than come back at the end of the day to find my trailer or front truck fender buckled by some jack*ss who doesn't know how to drive. However, with as many big boats as there are on Havasu, I would think a better approach might be to designate a section of the parking lot for larger rigs.

You Te
04-02-2003, 07:00 AM
I know, for all you guy's that have to pull your yacht around with you, buy a smaller yacht.
You Te

Keith E. Sayre
04-02-2003, 01:02 PM
To add fuel to the fire, the Lake Havasu City Marina is now handing out warnings about noise
from engines etc. Here we are in the desert where
we've been coming for 20 or 30 years to get away
from city folks and now they want to regulate where we can park our truck and how much noise we
can make.
Sure hope that the old folks that are complaining
about the noise and about the length of our trucks etc are happy. Heck, they think that this
town was built as a retirement community. But with all due respect to our grey haired friends
who visit here every winter, this town was built for boating. End of story. If you take all of the old crotchety farts out of Havasu, we lose
nothing. If you close down the boating and the lake, this town will be bankrupt by about 9:15pm
tonight. Then the old farts can have the whole
place!
Wow, I guess I need a Tylenol!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Powerquestboy
04-02-2003, 01:33 PM
The friendly folks at the Lake Havasu marina wouldn’t even let my friend launch his 33 Scarab. They said since the water is down your not allowed to launch anything over 30 foot. I dont understand since the water isnt too far down, 91% full isnt too bad.

Essex502
04-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Well said Keith!

mbrown2
04-02-2003, 01:42 PM
That is crap about the noise citations...Also, you can keep the BlueHairs in Havasu...when I make the drive between Havasu and Parker, they increase the time to get there by about 30 minutes, and I all see is Bald Noggins, and Knuckles on the steering wheels... :) :D :)

XTRM22
04-02-2003, 02:37 PM
Keith E. Sayre:
To add fuel to the fire, the Lake Havasu City Marina is now handing out warnings about noise
from engines etc. Here we are in the desert where
we've been coming for 20 or 30 years to get away
from city folks and now they want to regulate where we can park our truck and how much noise we
can make.
Sure hope that the old folks that are complaining
about the noise and about the length of our trucks etc are happy. Heck, they think that this
town was built as a retirement community. But with all due respect to our grey haired friends
who visit here every winter, this town was built for boating. End of story. If you take all of the old crotchety farts out of Havasu, we lose
nothing. If you close down the boating and the lake, this town will be bankrupt by about 9:15pm
tonight. Then the old farts can have the whole
place!
Wow, I guess I need a Tylenol!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats A tylenol? maybe a valium! You think you're upset now Keith? Wait till they reintroduce the height restriction on your Pickup!!! eek!
Just takin the free shot atcha dude, I actually agree with you 100%
Chuck

TCHB
04-02-2003, 07:45 PM
We should all keep our boats on the trialer for a weekend and see who the town feels when they loose $$$$$$$$. The Rangers would be upset because they could not ticket the big boats. Lets just buy the damm lake and be done with it. We can organize and get one of us elected to a power position and then we take over the politics of the town. Look out snow birds the boaters are getting pissed off.

BoatPI
04-02-2003, 08:45 PM
Keith; Driving 35 MPH on 95 is VERY safe.
Driving into Walmart lot and not finding a parking space, checking out at a store with 15 people in line, all with one or two items, gassing at the pumps every other day, lets see.....

6 Dollar Boat
04-06-2003, 10:05 AM
I was told last year it was the manager at Lake Havasu Marina who didn't like the noise. His office is right behind the fuel docks. And after they made me pay for 2 days last Labor day weekend even though I was only boating on Sat.,I fired them. Now I have a pass for Windsor. I don't take the boat out of the water till 10 or 11 PM so I never fight the crowds.

Dusty Times
04-06-2003, 11:45 AM
Kieth,
You couldn't have put it any better. With where you live and the industry you are in you know what fuels the economy of Lake Havasu.
Now if everyone else would WAKE UP! burningm

boatnam2
04-06-2003, 11:47 AM
you boys just keep all that shit up in havasu.

LakeRacer
04-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Let's see. We can't launch because of loud exhaust. :mad: But they don't mind when we pull up to re-fuel our boats. :mad: :mad:
I suggest we all buy our gasoline elsewhere.

Dusty Times
04-06-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm up for that one. It's cheaper anyway.

riverracerx
04-07-2003, 08:16 AM
For the next 2 weeks (or longer) no boats over 30' in the Marina. I was out on my buddies 29'11" (or so I told the guy) and they wanted to hassle us. Anyway, sounds like there are plenty of problems us boaters are going to have to deal with this summer

Ziggy
04-07-2003, 10:02 AM
Great! :rolleyes: Just what we need...more hassles. :confused:

SCUBA STEVE
04-07-2003, 10:38 AM
riverracerx:
For the next 2 weeks (or longer) no boats over 30' in the Marina. I was out on my buddies 29'11" (or so I told the guy) and they wanted to hassle us. Anyway, sounds like there are plenty of problems us boaters are going to have to deal with this summer Isnt that because the water level is low? One of the attendants told me they dont want anyone complaining about damagaing their props the ramp.
I am not on the marina's side but it just seems like they are proctecting us in this case.

SCUBA STEVE
04-07-2003, 10:44 AM
by the way how in the heck do you get to the windsor launch ramp anyway? I went to launch there on friday. And what I thought was the way to get there, by the in-out/bridge view motel, the little side road, the gate was closed. After driving around for a while looking for another entrance I gave up and launched at the marina.
I noticed there was no cars or boats in the parking lot. So I just figured it was closed on Fridays? I didnt even attempted to go back on Saturday.

HavasuDreamin'
04-07-2003, 11:25 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
by the way how in the heck do you get to the windsor launch ramp anyway? It is on the west side of London Bridge Road which would be left if you are heading down London Bridge Road from the hotel. :cool:

Rod-64
04-07-2003, 01:10 PM
Take Industrial Street.

SCUBA STEVE
04-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Ok, Hopefully I will find it next time out.
Thank you

paradigm shift
04-07-2003, 06:00 PM
OutCole'd:
Do what I did, teach you wife to park the truck & retrieve the boat. Then you can sit back & swill beer till she gets back. I call this win, win. Never met you but I know we would get along great. I have the same set up. She said she would rather dent the trailer than try and load the boat!! eek! Actually she can do either very well. Now if I can just get her to help clean and polish a little more. :)

SCUBA STEVE
04-07-2003, 06:43 PM
paradigm shift:
OutCole'd:
Do what I did, teach you wife to park the truck & retrieve the boat. Then you can sit back & swill beer till she gets back. I call this win, win. Never met you but I know we would get along great. I have the same set up. She said she would rather dent the trailer than try and load the boat!! eek! Actually she can do either very well. Now if I can just get her to help clean and polish a little more. :) Sweet, I have to do all the running around while The wife kicks it on the boat, she panic's when there is a lot of people launching/loading. Hopefully in time she will get the hang of it. Right now she is even afraid to drive the boat, I think she is pulling a fast one on me, so she can drink more!

Magic Sandbar
04-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Maaannnn... I guess I got it real good. My little woman can back up doubles, so she always launches and retrieves the boat. I just sit back and watch all of the dorks try to launch as fast as she can and jack-knife their rig. Some girls just have the stuff!

OutCole'd
04-07-2003, 07:54 PM
My wife refuses to drive the boat, so she decided to do the truck thing. If it is real crowded, she waits till it clears a little, but has no problem getting it right the first time. Hell, I do not get it right the first time every time.

Havasu Cig
04-08-2003, 10:23 AM
riverracerx:
For the next 2 weeks (or longer) no boats over 30' in the Marina. I was out on my buddies 29'11" (or so I told the guy) and they wanted to hassle us. Anyway, sounds like there are plenty of problems us boaters are going to have to deal with this summer Hopefully this changes before the poker run at the end of the month...It could cause a serious problem for the run if not... :confused: