PDA

View Full Version : Another idiot on Rice Road

Ex-Con
07-29-2003, 06:29 AM
The Rice Road stories get worse and worse...
Sunday on the way home, (towing the boat) about 1 hour from the 10, I came up on about 10 boats all behind a motorhome. We were all going 62-65 mph so I just hung out and enjoyed the ride. I left plenty of room for people to pass me and was passed by numerous cars, 2 more boats were in back of me when I see this SUV taking a "peek" in the road when it was double yellow, I notice the guy is towing a boat....Well he passes the guy 2 back from me and is doing some more "peeking" around the guy in back of me, and sure enough in an area I wouldn't have ever tried to pass, here he comes- but no he's not going in back of me he's going all the way!! I let off the gas to let this idiot dance with death and holy shit he swerves right into my truck, slam on the brakes and the back of his boat misses my truck by about a foot. My wife's screaming, and there wasn't even a car comming the other way. So now I am in back of him- "Shock Therapy" is the name of the boat. The wife says you catch him at the gas station- cool I have "permission" theres gonna be words. The guy goes on to pass all the boats in back of the motor home, and dammit the guy wasn't at the gas station- gone. Driving that that he will need "Shock Therapy" from either a accident or the beating someone will give out if he keeps driving like that. Slow down "Shock Therapy" save some lives.

91nordic29
07-29-2003, 06:32 AM
what an idiot! :mad:

JetBoatRich
07-29-2003, 06:34 AM
Where there is roads, we will find idiots. eek!
How much time did he really save devil

SCUBA STEVE
07-29-2003, 07:29 AM
That sucks. :( At least you made it out ok. I was on the rice road Friday night,(not in tow) got caught behind 4 cars not in tow and 3 other vehicles in tow. There was some turns where you couldnt pass. I was being patient until I could pass. When this tahoe in tow is right on my ass and decides to take it even though he couldnt see ahead of him. This was probably about 40-50 miles before the the CA 95.
I finally get ahead of the pack and I was never able to catch that tahoe who passed me. ( I was kind of trying to) He had to be hitting 95-100 all the way. Some guys have to learn the hard way. frown

Essex502
07-29-2003, 08:07 AM
What did the boat look like? Maybe we should all keep a log of a$$holes like this and publish the incidents here, on the board with as much detail as possible.

Moneypitt
07-29-2003, 08:19 AM
I've heard, not verified, that if you call or mail the CHP about drivers like these, they will send them a warning about their dangerous driving. Any LE out there know anything about this? It would seem that if enough people complained about the same driver, they would have to follow up....Moneypitt

TrojanDan
07-29-2003, 08:23 AM
Essex502:
What did the boat look like? I remember that name of the boat in the Channel. I believe it was a 25' Shockwave Tremor. He must have been up in Havasu for the regatta. Let me see, public humiliation or tar and feather him??

boatnam2
07-29-2003, 08:25 AM
someone on the boards was just talking about the name of his boat shock therapy.maybe do a search and see if its the same guy.

boatnam2
07-29-2003, 08:26 AM
no couldnt find it on a search.

BENZEEN
07-29-2003, 08:35 AM
Didn't Shock Therapy sell his boat and purchase a Tremor. He then changed his name to Tremor Therapy. I believe his previous boat was a 21 foot Shockwave, Jet. TT may know to whom he sold his boat.

Ex-Con
07-29-2003, 08:44 AM
Now thats a great idea-
Rice Road Assholes-
#1 "Shock Therapy" 20-24 foot
the boat is a 20-24 foot Ultra/Essex type boat- I think the name was in gay pink- SUV was dark colored Ford maby Excurusion

25Elmn8r
07-29-2003, 09:02 AM
I believe TT's old boat was "Group Therapy"

TrojanDan
07-29-2003, 09:20 AM
25Elmn8r:
I believe TT's old boat was "Group Therapy" That's correct DJ. Shit I can see where this can get ugly if two people have the same boat name.

Steamin' Rice
07-29-2003, 09:26 AM
25Elmn8r:
I believe TT's old boat was "Group Therapy" You are correct...Tremor Therapy's old boat was group therapy....
Shock Therapy sounds familiar, but I don't remember if I've seen the boat before or not...

HalletDave
07-29-2003, 09:44 AM
I remember seeing "Shock Therapy" in the Channel
during OP6 weekend. I don't remember if it was part of the OP6 gathering.
In fact I don't remember a whole lot from that weekend. :D :D
Hallett (working on the remaining brain cells) Dave

ROZ
07-29-2003, 09:56 AM
Steamin' Rice:
Shock Therapy sounds familiar, but I don't remember ... Maybe you need another session j/k :p wink :D

Steamin' Rice
07-29-2003, 10:05 AM
ROZ:
Steamin' Rice:
Shock Therapy sounds familiar, but I don't remember ... Maybe you need another session j/k :p wink :D You could be right......I'll go see my therapist, Sam Adams, tonight..... :D

shockwavebd
07-29-2003, 10:26 AM
It is a 21 skier can't remember this guys name , but I can find out......report soon to follow
.........Barry

SandbarScot
07-29-2003, 11:47 AM
I was at Havasu this weekend and remember seeing "Shock Therapy." I'm glad the dumb ass didn't try to pass me like thaton Rice Road. I'd give him some "Lead Therapy."

Jrocket
07-29-2003, 01:06 PM
I know Ive seen that boat before,a few times at that.Just cant think of who owns it?Sounds like he might owe you an apology or expalnation atleast.
Take a look in here,you might see it.
Shock Wave Regatta pics (http://op6c.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=1342&s=075aa0f5025eafd0a774296592385e5e)

BENZEEN
07-29-2003, 01:54 PM
Steamin' Rice:
25Elmn8r:
I believe TT's old boat was "Group Therapy" You are correct...Tremor Therapy's old boat was group therapy....
Shock Therapy sounds familiar, but I don't remember if I've seen the boat before or not... Sorry,
My mistake. That could have been ugly.

SS Havabrew
07-29-2003, 02:48 PM
What a Jackass! This is one of the reasons I take a little extra time and go thru Ehrenberg. The ride is soooooo much better.

Rexone
07-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Ex-Con:
The Rice Road stories get worse and worse...
Sunday on the way home, (towing the boat) about 1 hour from the 10, I came up on about 10 boats all behind a motorhome. We were all going 62-65 mph so I just hung out and enjoyed the ride. I left plenty of room for people to pass me and was passed by numerous cars, 2 more boats were in back of me when I see this SUV taking a "peek" in the road when it was double yellow, I notice the guy is towing a boat....Well he passes the guy 2 back from me and is doing some more "peeking" around the guy in back of me, and sure enough in an area I wouldn't have ever tried to pass, here he comes- but no he's not going in back of me he's going all the way!! I let off the gas to let this idiot dance with death and holy shit he swerves right into my truck, slam on the brakes and the back of his boat misses my truck by about a foot. My wife's screaming, and there wasn't even a car comming the other way. So now I am in back of him- "Shock Therapy" is the name of the boat. The wife says you catch him at the gas station- cool I have "permission" theres gonna be words. The guy goes on to pass all the boats in back of the motor home, and dammit the guy wasn't at the gas station- gone. Driving that that he will need "Shock Therapy" from either a accident or the beating someone will give out if he keeps driving like that. Slow down "Shock Therapy" save some lives. You'll probably see this guys name on one of those crosses one of these days. Hopefully he won't take others with him as he blasts off into the ditch in a pile of mangled steel and fiberglass. Rice Road becomes very dangerous with lots of traffic, passing with boats, blind corners etc. If peeps just used a little common sense it wouldn't be all that bad. But they don't. They ain't happy unless they're doin 75-80 and weavin in and out. I use Rice at low traffic times otherwise I just go Ehrenburg now. And I've been drivin Rice Road for about 30 years. Only thing that's changed is more traffic now. I actually think Ehrenburg takes less time when there's a lot of traffic even though it's a little further.
Rex (safety nazi) one :D
[ August 06, 2003, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

AzDon
07-29-2003, 06:31 PM
Since there was a Shockwave regatta in Havasu this weekend, I'm guessing that "Shock Therapy" sounds like an obvious name for a Shockwave on it's way home from Havasu!
But what's to keep "Shock Therapy" from finding out about and using Mohave Rd.? In some ways, it could be far more dangerous to reckless idiots because there are a lot of cross-streets and a lot of tribal members with cars that appear to barely run. I drive a tanker truck based in Parker, and I still prefer Rice Rd...... except on Thursday nights!
Why are there no triangular, "end passing zone" signs on Rice Rd.?
[ July 29, 2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: AzDon ]

Rexone
07-29-2003, 07:56 PM
edited my political rant out. was off topic anyway.
[ July 30, 2003, 05:16 AM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

FLYIN VEE
07-29-2003, 08:13 PM
People that drive like this that are in such a hurry they should leave a little earlier. If you don't like those of us who drive a little slower while in tow to get home in one piece to our families than take another road.

uvindex
07-29-2003, 09:09 PM
AzDon
Why are there no triangular, "end passing zone" signs on Rice Rd.?Because California doesn't use that sign (budget crisis or no), whereas Arizona does. I *wish* California used that sign - I think it is very useful, since you can't tell where the "OK to pass" dotted line ends very far ahead, but you can see that End Passing Zone sign a very long way off.
Unfortunately, even the triangular sign wouldn't fix the problem with the kind of jackass menace-to-society driver being discussed in this thread -- I've been passed on Rice Road more times than I can count in no-passing zones (and I'm talking about places where it is double-yellow for a a mile or more, over rolling blind hills -- some of these guys really must have empty skulls.)

AzDon
08-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Nobody has outed this guy yet?

Ex-Con
08-05-2003, 06:14 AM
Guess not- but I'll see him agian- somewhere.
He may be having problems with:
1) His tranny, driving like an asshole towing a boat must be hell on the tranny
2) He tried to pass another guy on a double yellow blind curve and oops, didn't make it (whatta idiot)
3) His wife is pissed at him still from the last drive home and it will take him a year to talk her into going agian. ( i hope this one- safer for everyone else ) That can't be too fun being the passenger with a asshole like that.
4) even better- on that trip home someone else caught him at the next gas station, pulled him out of the truck by way of the window, and taught him a little lesson. Either way his wife probably isn't too stoked to get back to the river.
"Shock Therapy" see ya somewhere

Trailer Park Casanova
08-05-2003, 06:48 AM
I think over the decades, someone has removed some of the crosses along Rice Road,, and perhaps along the river too.
They're should be quite a few more.
I think years ago there were more.
If you take the Ehrenberg Route instead, remember the "locals" aren't compassionate, Samaritan types towards whites that may get stranded.
My decades of experience I have learned if you break down, and a group of locals stop,, expect big trouble.

Ex-Con
08-05-2003, 07:16 AM
TPC- that doesn't sound too good either.... Kinda like when the white tourists in Hawaii go to the Wiania side (Makaha) down about 1 hour from Honolulu in their rented Labarron convertibles. That side of the island is populated 99% by 275lb Somonans. Male or female they are all 275 and mean as hell.
So TPC you wouldn't reccommend driving through there at night with kids?? What kinda trouble have you heard of?

Trailer Park Casanova
08-05-2003, 11:24 AM
We came upon a scene where some bike riders (we're told) had stopped for the night to rest, and then were murdered (slaughtered), their bodies just a few feet off the road.
The LEO was trembling, he was very upset, and the scene was horrific.
I'm not saying don't use the Ehrenberg route, that's over reacting, just have your eyes wide open if you should break down.
Thousands of people travel it all the time especially to Quartzite with no problems, and we're going to start using it again too.
We haven't heard of any trouble along it for awhile, but the other incidences were never reported to the press either.
It's not just whites. Latinos and Blacks, Asians too are on the same "Unlocals" list too.
[ August 05, 2003, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

TCHB
08-05-2003, 12:01 PM
This guy is a ass hole for putting others in danger. I guess one of us will pick him and his family off the black pavement one day. Lets hope he does not hurt anyone else.