PDA

View Full Version : RV Camping

CARRERA
05-03-2003, 06:05 AM
Where would you say is the best place in Havasu for RV camping and why?
[ May 03, 2003, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: CARRERA ]

JetBoatRich
05-03-2003, 06:15 AM
I only took the RV once there so far, stayed at the Crazy Horse. We enjoyed being close to everything and had a spot by the water.

Zuumer
05-03-2003, 06:15 AM
IMHO :cool: :cool: :cool:
Crazy Horse is the best. If you get a spot in an area called "the Point". The spots are right on the water in the cove by the launch ramp and a dock comes with the space rental. Water and electric hookups included. Private launch ramp so you don't have to hassle with Windsor or Havasu Marina. You can either use the dock or pull your boat up on the sand beach right behind your spot. I've lived here in Havasu for 10 years, use it often, and never had a bad time. Phone is: (928) 855-4033. Me and two other couples have spots rented already for the 4th of July.
Enjoy :D :D

JetBoatRich
05-03-2003, 06:16 AM
Here is the link:
Crazy Horse (http://www.crazyhorsecampgrounds.com/index.htm)

CARRERA
05-03-2003, 06:25 AM
Zuumer:
I have heard and seen on video, that place gets just like the name CRAZY. What is your take?

JetBoatRich
05-03-2003, 06:26 AM
Get on os these for the fire pit:
Fire Pit (http://pit2go.com/index.htm)

SCUBA STEVE
05-03-2003, 07:24 AM
crazy horse with out a doubt. for all the reason mentioned on previous posts. even if you need to leave the camp site, everything you need is less then a mile away. :D

CARRERA
05-03-2003, 11:45 AM
What about Ilanders RV Resort, has anyone stayed there?

BoatFloating
05-03-2003, 12:15 PM
We are staying at Crazy Horse monthly this summer. They've cut down on the out of control people during big weekends, we were there 4th of July and Labor Day, no problems. The Islander and Beachcomber have some rules that are crazy, Beachcomber won't let you bring boats over 30' into park unless it fits on you site and they shut down park at midnight, so no getting back in after midnight with golf cart. Islander, well you better watch every step you take there or you are booted out. I think both Islander and Beachcomber are nicer looking parks, but Crazy Horse has everything you need and more. :D

mtndewdrops
05-03-2003, 01:11 PM
I have been to Crazy Horse and it can be a bit crazy. eek! I like the boat mooring near the campsites, but it can be tough to get your boat near your site. On a 4 day stay it took me till the second day to get my neighbors to make some room for my boat. argue I try to avoid confrontation if possible. Boats can get 3 rows deep on holiday weekends. :(
I prefer SandPoint :) , you can get a boat slip and they have a gas dock.