PDA

View Full Version : WHERE IS GASOLINE ALLEY

CDEVIL2
06-16-2003, 11:39 AM
I HEARD THERE WAS SOMEONE KILLED THEIR THIS PAST WEEKEND.

hd&boatrider
06-16-2003, 12:04 PM
CDEVIL2:
I HEARD THERE WAS SOMEONE KILLED THEIR THIS PAST WEEKEND. I have not heard that and it was not in the paper today. Gasoline Ally is on Lake Mohave on the AZ side about maybe 4 miles up from Katherines. Any idea if they dies jumping off the cliffs? I boat there all the time but was not there this weekend.

Coach
06-16-2003, 12:21 PM
Reports of people dying jumping off that cliff every year is not uncommon. It is a huge jump. A few years back I remember about 8-10 deaths from people jumping there.

CDEVIL2
06-16-2003, 12:25 PM
I HEARD THAT SOMEONE DIED JUMPING OFF THE ROCKS.IT WAS A VERY NICE WEEKEND A LITTLE CROWDED.THE PEOPLE NEXT TO US IS WHO TOLD US.i THINK THAT I HAVE BEEN THEIR, IS IT A ROCK ISLAND ABOUT 20-25 FEET TALL.

hd&boatrider
06-16-2003, 01:25 PM
Coach:
Reports of people dying jumping off that cliff every year is not uncommon. It is a huge jump. A few years back I remember about 8-10 deaths from people jumping there. I have been going out there for years and have never heard of 8-10 people dying in one year. Are you talking about a total over the years?
By the way, are you a coach in YL and if so what sport? What level of players? Just curious.

CDEVIL2
06-16-2003, 01:41 PM
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT COACH BUT I COACH A BOY'S U-11 SOCCER TEAM.STAMPEDE SOCCER CLUB.I AM ALSO COACHING DIRECTOR OF THE CLUB.HEY IS IT LAW WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR STUFF ON A BEACH OVER NIGHT THAT THE BEACH IS "TAP TAP THIS IS MINE".

hd&boatrider
06-16-2003, 01:54 PM
CDEVIL2:
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT COACH BUT I COACH A BOY'S U-11 SOCCER TEAM.STAMPEDE SOCCER CLUB.I AM ALSO COACHING DIRECTOR OF THE CLUB.HEY IS IT LAW WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR STUFF ON A BEACH OVER NIGHT THAT THE BEACH IS "TAP TAP THIS IS MINE". You can't take what isn't yours, however people--including me--get sick of that crap. You are not allowed to keep stuff out like that and I believe the park rangers can take it away though. Never seen it happen before. You are more at risk of someone getting pissed off and thrashing your stuff. I am NOT one of those people although like I said I get sick of seeing that stuff going on.

CDEVIL2
06-16-2003, 02:02 PM
I HAVE ALWAYS RESPECTED THIER STUFF AND FOUND ANOTHER BEACH.I JUST THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN COMMON CURTSY.I AM GOING UP THIS WEEKEND AND WHOULD LIKE TO GET A NICE BEACH.GOING TO HEAD OUT ON THE LAKE EARLY 6:00AM SATURDAY MORING.

rbcommander
06-16-2003, 05:39 PM
You heard right 1 fatality in gasoline alley on sat. We were there from noon till 5 pm. Some guy jumped off the rocks. (the rocks with the hole cut out of it.) and landed face first. It looked bad and everyone waited for him to come up and he never did. Its about 50 feet deep there his family dove down to look for him but no luck. The sheriff got there and searched with no luck. They called the dive team in and thats when they kicked us out of the cove. We headed back to kathrines landing and while we were waiting for the truck and trailer the dive team pulled up and they carried the body out wraped in a white sheet to a waiting van. frown

CDEVIL2
06-16-2003, 06:07 PM
damm!! that really sucks. my heart goes out to thier family.

hd&boatrider
06-16-2003, 06:28 PM
rbcommander:
You heard right 1 fatality in gasoline alley on sat. We were there from noon till 5 pm. Some guy jumped off the rocks. (the rocks with the hole cut out of it.) and landed face first. It looked bad and everyone waited for him to come up and he never did. Its about 50 feet deep there his family dove down to look for him but no luck. The sheriff got there and searched with no luck. They called the dive team in and thats when they kicked us out of the cove. We headed back to kathrines landing and while we were waiting for the truck and trailer the dive team pulled up and they carried the body out wraped in a white sheet to a waiting van. :( That rock is the one most people jump off of. That is a shame. Feel bad for the family members.

hd&boatrider
06-16-2003, 06:31 PM
CDEVIL2:
I HAVE ALWAYS RESPECTED THIER STUFF AND FOUND ANOTHER BEACH.I JUST THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN COMMON CURTSY.I AM GOING UP THIS WEEKEND AND WHOULD LIKE TO GET A NICE BEACH.GOING TO HEAD OUT ON THE LAKE EARLY 6:00AM SATURDAY MORING. Some people leave their stuff out there for days at a time. It is supposed to be first come first serve. I understand respect but with the time on am on the lake I can see who just lets the stuff stay out there all the time. Some people actually never take it down all summer. They are basically people that come out on the weekends. Is that really fair to the others? This takes up some of the best beach areas. I am glad I know some secret areas to go that you can't see without going thru a few trees but behind it is sand.

Ultra21
06-16-2003, 07:01 PM
We were out there this weekend for fathers day and were heading into Gasoline Alley on Saturday a little after 3:00 when we were passed by two speeding patrol boats. Got to the mouth and were told that everyone had to leave so they could find the body. I was taking my two sons and their friends in to do some jumping. They're 19 and 21 and that news sent shivers down my spine.

C-2
06-16-2003, 10:36 PM
My neighbor and his crew were also there and two of them jumped in trying to find the guy when he didn't come up. Guess it was a bad landing from the start, people were taking action even before they realized he hadn't surfaced.
Sad :(
Last year, one of the people in my neighbor's crew jumped in the same spot and broke his neck. Came up hurt and after getting him on the boat, blood started seeping thru the pores on his back/neck. The guy survived and is fine today.
Very sad stuff, the guy's dad and family was there.

Trailer Park Casanova
06-17-2003, 09:27 AM
hd&boatrider:
CDEVIL2:
I HAVE ALWAYS RESPECTED THIER STUFF AND FOUND ANOTHER BEACH.I JUST THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN COMMON CURTSY.I AM GOING UP THIS WEEKEND AND WHOULD LIKE TO GET A NICE BEACH.GOING TO HEAD OUT ON THE LAKE EARLY 6:00AM SATURDAY MORING. Some people leave their stuff out there for days at a time. It is supposed to be first come first serve. I understand respect but with the time on am on the lake I can see who just lets the stuff stay out there all the time. Some people actually never take it down all summer. They are basically people that come out on the weekends. Is that really fair to the others? This takes up some of the best beach areas. I am glad I know some secret areas to go that you can't see without going thru a few trees but behind it is sand. We launch out of Cottonwood Cove on busy days. No wait, beautiful area, nice coves much nicer crowd.
Drawback, it's almost an hour drive from Laughlin, but worth it because waiting to launch and then pick up again can be much longer than that at Katherines.
Give it a shot,, most posting on this board agree.
DAMFINO

Trailer Park Casanova
06-17-2003, 09:49 AM
About 20 years ago, a concerned group use to have several cleanup days along the cove's beaches each year.
We starting calling it broken bottle beach. In those days, a 6 pac of Corona was about $1.40 and was to day laborers what Nite Train is to winos.
Then Corona got popular along with long neck Bud, so broken glass started to appear inches thick on the beaches and underwater in some spots.
For a time, Cresent Cove (that's how its named on the AAA map,, had a access road behind it and people could pull they're RVs right up near the beach.
More difficult destinations bring better people, easy destinations bring bad people.
That's why launch outta Cottonwood.
-Damfino
[ June 17, 2003, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

PipesClean
06-17-2003, 04:07 PM
I just heard the news. My buddy and another friend were watching when it happened and made one of the 911 calls. He said the guy was 25 and a bunch of his family were there watching when it happened. Everybody jumped in to look, but he couldn't be found. We've jumped there several times without incident. He was pretty shakin by this and said I'll have to find another jump partner. Very tragic day frown