PDA

View Full Version : About CBBB......

Hallett19
08-08-2002, 09:41 AM
How far away is it to where you guys are going to be from havasu ?? How long of a boat ride and how many beers should I bring to make the run?? I don't know if I want to put Hallett19 to the test on such a long trip first time out after a rebuild, but what the hell, I don't care :)

HBjet
08-08-2002, 10:05 AM
Hallett19:
How far away is it to where you guys are going to be from havasu ?? How long of a boat ride and how many beers should I bring to make the run?? I don't know if I want to put Hallett19 to the test on such a long trip first time out after a rebuild, but what the hell, I don't care :) Hallett, my first trip to the river this summer was to Needles just after putting my motor back together. I ran probably 60 miles that weekend. The first day out, we went to the sandbar at Havasu and back. Took two fill ups of gas that day. That section of the river was a very fun drive.

Wet Dream
08-08-2002, 07:21 PM
Hallett, glad to hear you got it back together!!! If you make the trip, run it for an hour or so, and change the oil if you can while you are there. If you can't change the oil, at least replace the oil filter every couple of hours running time, no more than twice, if you run it hard. Have fun and tear it up!!! (The water, not the engine) lmao
I ran the crap out of my engine at Havre de Grace, (intentionally tried to get it to come unglued so I can get a monster rebuild) and she held together perfectly. And I just rebuilt mine this season. :D :D

STV_Keith
08-08-2002, 07:59 PM
Hallett, looks like they will be about 25 miles north of the sandbar (my guess). I think I'll go up there first, then come down to the sandbar.