PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore this Sunday

roostwear
03-26-2003, 09:19 PM
With a little luck (and bacteria permitting), the Advantage will go for it's first run since I bought it. New engine and new pump.... should be a kick in the ass! I have no idea how it'll handle, but I'm told this Advantage is a Rogers hull with a bubble deck and handles great. More V than I'm used to, but I should be able to leave the kidney belt at home.
I'll probably launch from West, so if anyone sees the circus boat, come on over for a cold one.
http://www.roostwear.com/email/advantage1.jpg

bordsmnj
03-26-2003, 11:09 PM
right on.good luck this week end!

TRG
03-28-2003, 06:25 PM
actualy, the boat that you own is the same as the 18' rogers bonneville,...but with a open bow.I own the same hull and when you find the "sweet spot" the ride is quite nice!!
P.S. don't through away the kydney belt just yet!!

roostwear
03-29-2003, 11:15 PM
Less than 7 hours, and I'm pumped! Even if it IS Elsinore, the Advantage gets wet for the first time. We'll see what happens..... enough time to fix it before the river first week of May.
Did I say I was pumped?

roostwear
03-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Today was what boating is all about! Launched it and it lit right off. The first thing i noticed was that Jack at MPD did a GREAT job on my pump. Although I kept it below 1/2 pedal (break-in), it DID get on plane real quick. Took a lap around the lake, and I see what Todd was saying about the Rogers hull. Takes some getting used to, having a hull with more V, but I love the ride.
Speaking of Todd, I hung out as long as I could, but had to get my buddy back home. Great meeting MikeF, and I'll get going on the Liberty stuff this week.
[ March 30, 2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: roostwear ]

MikeF
03-30-2003, 06:06 PM
Good to meet you there too roostwear(+ the new bbtahiti too :p )! It was cool out on the water for awhile but then got beatup pretty good on the way in. Still holding together though :D . Your "chrome" stickers looked way cool! See you soon..... :cool:
Glad for the textbook runs on your new ride :cool: !

cyclone
03-31-2003, 09:16 AM
oh now i'm deeply offended that you guys went to the lake and didn't bother to invite me. shame on you!

roostwear
03-31-2003, 10:20 AM
cyclone:
oh now i'm deeply offended that you guys went to the lake and didn't bother to invite me. shame on you! OK, I see how it is. cry I posted this topic on Wednesday, so there are no excuses. Anyhow, it sounds like you're too BUSY to take the day off anyhow. :D
The circus boat should be back at Elsinore in 2 weeks.... fair warning!

Robbie Racer
03-31-2003, 12:35 PM
Roostwear, glad to hear that you had a perfect outing. You are right about the quality of pump work that MPD does. How was the water level at Elsinore last Sunday? I hope to lake test the Carrera with the new motor that DNE built for me this Saturday (if it's not raining) or maybe Sunday. smile_sp

MikeF
03-31-2003, 12:36 PM
cyclone:
oh now i'm deeply offended that you guys went to the lake and didn't bother to invite me. shame on you! I did not decide to go until Sun morning sleeping . Figured it be better to put the boat on the water and get beat up for awhile and get a sunburn then lay around @ home. Sorry man :rolleyes: .