PDA

View Full Version : another close call in parker

boatnam2
08-27-2002, 04:31 PM
we just missed seeing a few people get killed this weekend in parker. got there just after it happened from what i heard there was a boat that was just taking off to pull a wakeboarder and didnt see the eliminator in front of him ran right up the back of it and sank it.this was a around 8 in the morning right in front of castle rock what a way to start your day.

riverliver
08-27-2002, 05:03 PM
Shit boatnam2 maybe i should stay clear of you seems you are always close to some bad shit happen
J/K wink :D

hd&boatrider
08-27-2002, 05:10 PM
Any idea on the size of that Eliminator? I would assume it is not a boat owned by anybody in the forus since we have not read anything until now.

boatnam2
08-27-2002, 07:48 PM
i could only see the tip.they had a rope tied to a sheriff truck at the time.the divers were just getting there.should of been there this weekend riverliver there was shit loads of other kitties you could of played with.

PUMP kin
08-27-2002, 08:14 PM
I don't know, is it me or am I missing something,
arent't you supposed to LOOK in front of you and AROUND you before you go forward, sideways, backward?? I've heard of the mishaps that happen around Parker and I have seen the INDREDIBLE bullshit that happens on the delta (not capping on the strip but it seems that that's what gets publicized on the news. I think Parker gets more publicity because the news is too late on the delta and it gets down played wlcome to California) Boating is a two way street!!
1: Look out for the other fool
2: Stear clear of the other fool
Steve

Boatcop
08-27-2002, 08:19 PM
No one killed. Or even hurt for that matter.
The upside down boat was an old early '70s Tahiti that was just restored. He was sitting in the water when a Ski Boat, getting the kid up on a wakeboard ran over the transom. The driver of the ski boat was watching his kid, instead of the River ahead.
About a 5 MPH collision.

bchbum
08-27-2002, 08:21 PM
we just came back from a 10 day trip to Parker & Havasu. Was my first trip to Parker in a long time . We really think the boaters were far better at Parker. Everyone was looking & keepping their eyes open for skiers . The lace lice sucked at both places .

Nubbs
08-29-2002, 08:26 PM
It turns out the people in the boat that was hit are my friends. They called and told us they sunk their boat, but I didn't find out it was this accident until today. My friend just finished restoring his boat. He worked on it for almost a year. Fortunately nobody got hurt. Boats can be replaced but bodies can't.