PDA

View Full Version : I need to rent a tow vehicle.

89checkmate
09-10-2003, 08:14 PM
I have reservation at Martinez for the weekend of Sept.19-21 but my truck is in the shop with cracked heads.....Does anyone know where I could rent an Expedition or something (V-8) in the San Diego area for the weekend?

BajaMike
09-10-2003, 08:22 PM
I know Hertz and Avis have a stipulation in their contracts that prohibit towing...you need to look at the local, specialty rental agencies...the ones that have SUVs and sports cars.
There is one in Orange County...I'll try to find the name.
Good luck!
Mike

JetBoatRich
09-10-2003, 08:25 PM
I've seen people U-Haul pickups, not attractive but cheap.
A lot of the SUV rental's come without tow hitches.

bchbum
09-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Some r.v. rental companies let you tow . El Monte rv does ,but it's not cheap

BajaMike
09-10-2003, 08:55 PM
Check out Beverly Hills Rent A Car:
http://www.bhrentacar.com/index.html?
They have Hummer, Suburban, and Expedition, but I don't know about towing, (don't tell???) and I think the nearest on is in Newport Beach. I've used them for luxury cars before.
Good luck.
Mike

JetBoatRich
09-10-2003, 09:02 PM
I guess you can invite someone with a vehicle that can pull the boat. :confused:

Mandelon
09-10-2003, 09:03 PM
You might just rent an expedition from Budget or Avis. Buy your own ball and just stick it on the bumper???? But don't leave any scratches...
Budget has trucks and vans. They are on Ruffner just south of Clairmont Mesa. Near the Dixieline Lumber. Ask for Mick.

Beautiful Noise
09-10-2003, 09:24 PM
JetBoatRich:
I guess you can invite someone with a vehicle that can pull the boat. :confused: Hey Didn't somebody here just Buy a new Truck? Hmmmmmmmmmm I can't think of who the Heck it was tho :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D
Steve

SD MIKEY
09-11-2003, 01:21 AM
Mandelon:
You might just rent an expedition from Budget or Avis. Buy your own ball and just stick it on the bumper???? But don't leave any scratches...
Budget has trucks and vans. They are on Ruffner just south of Clairmont Mesa. Near the Dixieline Lumber. Ask for Mick. Thats what I did when my truck was in the shop. Pop the plastic plate off of bumper install the ball. Dont ask they all told me no.