PDA

View Full Version : LHC Police info for this weekend

hd&boatrider
08-28-2003, 10:53 AM
FYI--Be careful and have fun!
Ready for a Busy Weekend
Law enforcement agencies expect crowded lake over Labor Day
By Mark Hall
Local law enforcement agencies are anticipating a busy Labor Day holiday weekend on Lake Havasu.
Despite record gas prices, all three major agencies responsible for policing the lake — the Lake Havasu City Police Department, the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office and the San Bernardino County, Calif., Sheriff’s Department — are expecting crowds of the same magnitude as Memorial Day.
The police department will be cracking down on underage drinkers and any other individuals breaking the law.
“Our zero-tolerance policy will be in affect,” said Police Capt. Randy McCaleb.
McCaleb said all officers would be working throughout the weekend in 10- to 12-hour shifts to enforce the policy.
The department will have four boats on the lake and will have two temporary booking stations, one on the east side of Bridgewater Channel and one on the west.
Additionally, the department is going to be testing its new radio system. In the past, McCaleb said the old system has posed problems in the channel.
The Mohave County SheriffÂ’s Office will have seven patrol boats out for what is expected to be the last busy summer holiday weekend. Also, to control crowds, the office will be restricting access to the Sandbar, a popular gathering point on the lake.
SheriffÂ’s spokesman Sandy Edwards said deputies will be keeping close watch for boaters operating under the influence. She said sheriffÂ’s safety volunteers will also be assisting deputies to ensure boater safety.
The San Bernardino SheriffÂ’s Department will have its River Watch Task Force on the lake, which will bring an additional 50 deputies from throughout the county. The department will have seven patrol boats and six personal watercraft on the lake.
SBSO Detective Mike Fassari said he is anticipating a busy weekend.
“Hopefully the weather will keep it down,” he said.
You may contact the reporter at mhall@havasunews.com.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-28-2003, 03:23 PM
I've always been under the impression they must have lots of reserve officers they activate.
I mean,, most would agree, their are a lot of LEOs about in Havasu on Holidays.
Their's usually one or two in most everyones group not drinking and we have them drive.
DUI's really suck, they're a turning point in your life.

77charger
08-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Trailer Park Casanova:
DUI's really suck, they're a turning point in your life. very true!

Rod-64
08-29-2003, 04:27 AM
Didn't anyone hear?? They are closing Havasu this weekend.
OK They're not....just wanted a clear shot at the ramp. :D

Mr.Havasu
08-29-2003, 08:48 AM
so if I read that right , it's 18 boats and 6 jet skis and numerous foot patrols.
Yeb, that ought to cover it pretty good.
They forgot to mention that most will have a bad additude and no sence of humor. Thank god for the DD!

Kilrtoy
08-29-2003, 12:46 PM
They forgot to mention that most will have a bad additude and no sence of humor
I feel sorry for all the cops that have to deal with these assholes...

DogHouse
08-29-2003, 04:49 PM
Kilrtoy:
They forgot to mention that most will have a bad additude and no sence of humor
I feel sorry for all the cops that have to deal with these assholes... I sincerely hope that you're not referring to Warlock25 as "these assholes", because I've met him and he's actually a very decent and responsible sort (notice the DD comment). I totally agree that the officers out patrolling probably won't have much of a sense of humor this weekend. No reason for anyone to be a dick, LE or civilian. Let's all just chill and have a good safe weekend...
-brian

Kilrtoy
08-29-2003, 05:27 PM
I have no idea how you pulled warlock 25 out of that statement. But just to put anything to rest, NO ITS NOT HIM IM RREFFERING TOO>

DogHouse
08-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Ok, I misunderstood. W25 was talking about the officers, then you said something about the officers dealing with... oh nevermind! :D
It's all good!

Mr.Havasu
08-29-2003, 07:39 PM
No Offence taken, I agree they have to deal with a lot of drunk idiots, However they treat the rest of us like we are all idiots.

hot_diggity_dog
08-29-2003, 08:44 PM
I have no idea how you pulled warlock 25 out of that statement. But just to put anything to rest, NO ITS NOT HIM IM RREFFERING TOO>
Shit Miguel did you make a Raider comment or something? LOL
Everytime you make a comment they ponce on you like a loose football. wink :D
Warlock25 (John & Michelle and girls) wink and Doghouse wink as well as Kilrtoy and the Mrs. :D are all cool peeps.
We know who he was refering to!
HDD :cool:

Kilrtoy
08-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Shit Miguel did you make a Raider comment or something? LOL
No not yet, but I did start in on SC today with Scuba Steve