PDA

View Full Version : South Bay Happy Hour?

Tom Foolery
08-28-2002, 10:32 AM
Ok, we've mentioned this in other threads but its time one of us got off our ass & get this going.
I was thinking of meeting next week after work maybe over at El Paso, but I'm open for any place.
Chris & Tyson, I owe you each at least a beer. So hopefully you guys can make it. They were nice enough to help me drill out my valve covers and even gave me a beer while they did all the work. Now thats my idea of helping out! :D
I know there are a few other South Bay guys posting on here, so are you in or do I have to drink by myself?

HotHallet
08-28-2002, 11:08 AM
Always down for cocktails at a discounted rate. Where and when? I'm taking off for Mead on Thursday afternoon so next week sometime looks good for me.

hack job
08-28-2002, 02:09 PM
count me in i like mons or weds they have them most time for me so let us know what night you want! and ill make it so! :D wink

Tom Foolery
08-28-2002, 02:35 PM
Ok, since monday is labor day & most people will be out of town, lets try for wednesday.

HotHallet
08-28-2002, 03:47 PM
Foolrey-sounds great.

hack job
08-28-2002, 06:32 PM
maybe thrs would be better i know some one else that would be intrested iam sure an he has soccer practice on wed . give me a call tomorrow erik and ill tell you what i was thinking! by the way his name is eric too ! but if every one likes wed thats fine too! i really dont care !

Tom Foolery
08-29-2002, 06:54 AM
Thusrsday will work too. I'll call you after work.

hack job
08-29-2002, 09:25 AM
ok that works too! wink

HotHallet
08-29-2002, 09:37 AM
Thursday sounds good. That way I can go to work a little out of it on the most relaxed day of the week (Friday). Tyson you need a primered '69 Nova to go with that stack of tires. Have you seen Joe dirt? It's not a rock it's a meteor dumb dumb.

flat broke
08-29-2002, 10:11 AM
Travis,
I cringe every time Tyson posts pics with the supper trick tires and junk in them. :) Actually we store the boats and do all of the really slick hop up work in our secret lab disguised as a redneck paradise. Basically since we can't be at the river every weekend, we like to at least have the feel of the 909 and regions further east when we're wrenchin.
As for the Nova, a couple of months ago, you would have found 1 fairly quick 65 Chevelle, 1 67 396SS look alike El Co, a 20' Caribbean open bow, Tys Spectra, my Spectra, an even bigger stack of tires, Blasting cabinent, powercoating oven, and other misc goodies all in the driveway or infront of the house. Thankfully, we've managed to clean things up a bit. Sure the place could look better, but in the sage words of Han Solo, "she may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts" :)
On to more important stuff, I'm down for El Paso on Thursday. Somebody better make sure they get Brandon and drag him down as well. If he needs help getting setup for the internet on his computer let me know. I'm a geek of sorts and can surely get him squared away.
Chris

superdave013
08-29-2002, 10:48 AM
flat broke:
Travis,
I cringe every time Tyson posts pics with the supper trick tires and junk in them. :) Actually we store the boats and do all of the really slick hop up work in our secret lab disguised as a redneck paradise. Basically since we can't be at the river every weekend, we like to at least have the feel of the 909 and regions further east when we're wrenchin.
As for the Nova, a couple of months ago, you would have found 1 fairly quick 65 Chevelle, 1 67 396SS look alike El Co, a 20' Caribbean open bow, Tys Spectra, my Spectra, an even bigger stack of tires, Blasting cabinent, powercoating oven, and other misc goodies all in the driveway or infront of the house. Thankfully, we've managed to clean things up a bit. Sure the place could look better, but in the sage words of Han Solo, "she may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts" :)
On to more important stuff, I'm down for El Paso on Thursday. Somebody better make sure they get Brandon and drag him down as well. If he needs help getting setup for the internet on his computer let me know. I'm a geek of sorts and can surely get him squared away.
ChrisThat's funny, I too thought I had lots of stuff around. But I went to some guys place the other day (in the south bay) that has all of us and everyone we know combined beat. I'm looking for his house and spot a boat under a blue tarp with an old ford truck resto project next to it in the drive. Ah, this has to be the place. The garage had racks of stuff taking up half of it with a lathe and cold saw and a shit load of toolboxes taking up the other side. Looked cool for a do it yourselfer so far. Then we went through the gate and down the walkway next to the house. Both sides had racks of scrap steel and all kinds of shit. Ok, around back. The pattio has a bridgport mill, a few punch presses, fab table, torches, belt sanders, tool boxes and just a ton of shit. In the drive was another project truck (looked pretty cool too) an old boat and more stuff. Around the corner was a nice jacuzzi (sp) with a big band saw and a few metal racks and cabnits filled with shit, uh stuff. I really fet sorry for the people living nest door.

Tom Foolery
08-29-2002, 11:37 AM
flat broke:
Travis,
ChrisI'll bring the entertainment (Brandon). :D
I know there are a few others on these boards from the south bay & you are more than welcome to join us. So are you in?
[ August 29, 2002, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Tom Foolery ]

hack job
08-29-2002, 01:26 PM
Travis i what you to know that shit will buff out!lol also from joe dirt, i love that movie .
right now iam have a footprint gas pedal installed! :D