PDA

View Full Version : DCB mini REGATTA.....

TOBTEK
03-14-2003, 03:58 PM
SO, did we ever decide on a date for our mini regatta....MAY,3?.....MAY17th?

Sandbar Junkies
03-14-2003, 04:08 PM
Either weekend works for me . I think it would be easier at Havasu. You have alot more room to park the boats and take group photos. Just let us know what everyone thinks. DCB ROCKS

TOBTEK
03-14-2003, 04:14 PM
hows your new boat, have you had the oportunity to use it much yet?

Sandbar Junkies
03-14-2003, 04:29 PM
It has five hours on it . We went to havasu for the day and spent most of the day at the sandbar and channel hanging out with Jm2drvr he has a awesome boat. If it dosn't rain I will take it to Rung what you brung this weekend. Kids play baseball so it's not easy to get out for the whole weekend.
[ March 14, 2003, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Sandbar Junkies ]

bigboy78
03-14-2003, 09:29 PM
I second that! I know you don't know me but, Havasu either one of those dates would be great. Then I could get a chance to meet all my fellow DCBer's.

TOBTEK
03-14-2003, 10:58 PM
bigboy78:
I second that! I know you don't know me but, Havasu either one of those dates would be great. Then I could get a chance to meet all my fellow DCBer's. what do you have my brother? pics are good.

Jrocket
03-15-2003, 12:07 AM
Count me out,no DCB for me yet!! frown

bigboy78
03-15-2003, 06:17 AM
Mach 26,with a 496ho. Sorry I don't have a scanner yet but if you have been over at DCB lately mine has been there for the past three weeks,(The colors are white base with burgandy,organge,grey). Also, I never got a chance to compliment you on your boat it looks Saweeeet! I enjoyed watching your boat being built, more people should do that.

TOBTEK
03-15-2003, 09:12 AM
bigboy78:
Mach 26,with a 496ho. Sorry I don't have a scanner yet but if you have been over at DCB lately mine has been there for the past three weeks,(The colors are white base with burgandy,organge,grey). Also, I never got a chance to compliment you on your boat it looks Saweeeet! I enjoyed watching your boat being built, more people should do that. is yours just being built, or getting some repairs? Im going down there Monday or Thursday to get my prop. Ill check yours out. we are going to Yuma this next sunday the 23rd if anyone wants to hook up...

TOBTEK
03-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Jrocket:
Count me out,no DCB for me yet!! :( whats the story "J"..? I thought you were getting that MACH26 :( Life is short, treat yourself, make it happen,...do I need to send you my "Tony Robins" tapes :D

Jrocket
03-15-2003, 05:12 PM
TOBTEK:
Jrocket:
Count me out,no DCB for me yet!! :( whats the story "J"..? I thought you were getting that MACH26 :( Life is short, treat yourself, make it happen,...do I need to send you my "Tony Robins" tapes :D Tony Robbins...now thats a good one!!! No,my end of the deal is good,but the owner changed the deal now.So im not interested any more.Ill keep shopping until I find something else I like.... :)

bigboy78
03-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Just getting service and those cooler cut outs(the new ones with the fiberglass insert). I'm going to pick it up first thing Monday morning so if you are there it will be nice to meet you. I also wanted to ask you since you seem to know everyone around here, I want to sell my cushion/bed, you know the one that goes under the bow. I had to get a new cushion built for the cooler cut outs. It is 10 months old,white,and never broken in if you know what I mean.

CMABadseed
03-15-2003, 07:38 PM
DAMN i keep missing this stuff. :mad: damn this college thing! i dont have my 22 yet, but come next may i will! hopefully we'll see you all out there at hidden/martinez/fishers this summer.

XTRM22
03-17-2003, 05:52 AM
The 3rd of May or the tenth work for us, either Parker or Havasu, but already have Havasu plans for the 17th/18th with some other friends. I know, with all the New DCBs out this spring nobody will miss 1 five year old DCB Vee. wink
Chuck

Havasu Hangin'
03-17-2003, 06:18 AM
Should I bring my transom?

Charley
03-17-2003, 10:35 PM
So...did we decide?>LOL :D

bigboy78
03-18-2003, 08:59 AM
I say as soon as possable. I'm working out in the desert right know and it has been averaging about 85 degress each day,well except for the past few days. It looks like we are going to have a warm spring

Sandbar Junkies
03-20-2003, 02:27 PM
So...did we decide?>LOL Charley I think you should just step up and set the date because everyone is going just to get a ride in your boat. Don't worry I got it figured out it going to be 25 cents per MPH per person, 50 cents for anything over a hundred MPH. Of course there will be my standard 10% commission for me. :D

TOBTEK
03-20-2003, 02:34 PM
so, lets hit it mid month....say MAY 17th

Sandbar Junkies
03-20-2003, 03:07 PM
OK for me.now where are we going Havasu or Parker?

TOBTEK
03-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Sandbar Junkies:
OK for me.now where are we going Havasu or Parker? either one is fine with me.....I have NEVER been to either place. somewhere with a launch ramp WITHOUT current moving or wind....I fricking hate putting this FRICKIN thing on the trailer, im either going to fast or the wind pushes it sideways...im ABOUT ready to put those gay ass raisers/guides on the back of the trailer...it sucks HARD.......so Havasu is ok wink :D

Sandbar Junkies
03-20-2003, 03:36 PM
either one is fine with me.....I have NEVER been to either place. somewhere with a launch ramp WITHOUT current moving or wind....I fricking hate putting this FRICKIN thing on the trailer, im either going to fast or the wind pushes it sideways...im ABOUT ready to put those gay ass raisers/guides on the back of the trailer...it sucks HARD.......so Havasu is ok
Havasu would be nice alot more options on where to stay,no current and we can get out early and take the back side of the sandbar over,or channel,there is alot more room in HAVASU. So should we shoot for May 17 at Havasu. Does sound good for everyone?

ZSARGO
03-20-2003, 04:03 PM
MAY 17TH IN HAVASU. LET'S DO IT. YO SANDBAR JUNKIES. DID YOU GROW UP IN WHITTIER OR GO TO SCHOOL THERE??

TOBTEK
03-20-2003, 04:12 PM
Sandbar Junkies:
either one is fine with me.....I have NEVER been to either place. somewhere with a launch ramp WITHOUT current moving or wind....I fricking hate putting this FRICKIN thing on the trailer, im either going to fast or the wind pushes it sideways...im ABOUT ready to put those gay ass raisers/guides on the back of the trailer...it sucks HARD.......so Havasu is ok
Havasu would be nice alot more options on where to stay,no current and we can get out early and take the back side of the sandbar over,or channel,there is alot more room in HAVASU. So should we shoot for May 17 at Havasu. Does sound good for everyone? WE ARE IN! SOUNDS GREAT......Now we need input from Cahrley,Jm2, Xfactor, racingrascal,sandbar junkies,KAB,Mbrown,walters(where ever he is?)22xtreme, and all the others. and since Charley is in tight with Dave, maybe could talk them into some CORPORATE SPONSERSHIP of some kind wink

mbrown2
03-20-2003, 05:50 PM
I am in for either Havasu or Parker. I kind get a laugh out of you guys with the current worries...once you master launching in the current, then you can drive and manage anywhere..
But then again, I looked like an amateur last week in Copper Canyon with the wind and crowd of boats...almost hit a fellow DCB owner in a new F26...I felt like a newbie for a couple minutes till I figured it out. :)

Sandbar Junkies
03-20-2003, 05:55 PM
MAY 17TH IN HAVASU. LET'S DO IT. YO SANDBAR JUNKIES. DID YOU GROW UP IN WHITTIER OR GO TO SCHOOL THERE I havn't actually grown up yet, but lived in Norwalk and went to Santa Fe High class of 84.

XFactor
03-20-2003, 06:19 PM
May 17th sounds great!! I'm in. The Channel, Sandbar or Steamboat Cove all work well for small gatherings. Is anybody heading to Park or Havasu this weekend? Weather is going to be nice. 85 is the forecast.

TOBTEK
03-21-2003, 06:24 AM
mbrown2:
I am in for either Havasu or Parker. I kind get a laugh out of you guys with the current worries...once you master launching in the current, then you can drive and manage anywhere..
But then again, I looked like an amateur last week in Copper Canyon with the wind and crowd of boats...almost hit a fellow DCB owner in a new F26...I felt like a newbie for a couple minutes till I figured it out. :) Ive put alot of boats on trailers, but this thing is a real pain in the ass! I'll give you a dollar to do it for me. Than I can kick back with a silver and watch your skill's :D

kab
03-21-2003, 07:39 AM
TOBY, BRING THAT MACH 22 DOWN TO HIDDEN SHORE APRIL 5TH AND MY WIFE WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO PUT IT BACK ON THE TRAILER :p SORRY FOR THE CAPS, NOT YELLING :D

TOBTEK
03-21-2003, 08:05 AM
kab:
TOBY, BRING THAT MACH 22 DOWN TO HIDDEN SHORE APRIL 5TH AND MY WIFE WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO PUT IT BACK ON THE TRAILER :p SORRY FOR THE CAPS, NOT YELLING :D YOU SUCK! :p :D OK, I've only had it at Elisnore with the GailForce winds coming at me sideways,ya kick it outa gear and the wind pushes it five feet. You cant see the fricking trailer a inch under the green slime. The one time at SanViente (no wind) and clear water wasnt that big-o-deal. NOW, at bro's house @ BIGRIVER should be real fun with a strong side current :rolleyes:
im just gona sell this thing and get my old LAVEY seabring back wink :D

CMABadseed
03-21-2003, 10:40 AM
hey tob.......i'll hook you up down at hidden that weekend too. hahah i've put 22's on the rack tons of times. even kab's once eek! Plus been going there for the last 10 years or so, so i got a pretty good idea whats going on there. hopefully we'll see you out there, great times on that weekend. coming up quick, cant wait, i dont care about the 12 hour drive i'll be making to get there!

andy01
03-21-2003, 11:16 AM
I didn't have time to read this hole thread so I am sure I will be off a little here.
The reason this deal is being done in Parker is for "Mr Bigs" new F29. He wanted to take it there for one of his first trips for personel reasons (He wants to have the biggest on a body of water for a hole weekend j/k). That is how this hole deal got started in the first place. We all know that Parker is smaller then Havasu and I am sure that we will have plenty of time to run Havasu together this summer. I would like to see it stay in Parker since that's what the og plan was.
Either weekend works good for me. Which weekend has the best moon? No not your ass Tob! The one in the sky! We can even set a "pole" Thread and just let everybody vote on which weekend, I would think we should get the ball rolling on this deal though. It's not that far away. I would even like to go as far as to make a flyer and put it up at DCB, hell everybody that owns that I have meet is real cool. Plus seeing a shit load DCB's tied up together at the sandbar would look great!
Andy

TOBTEK
03-21-2003, 11:30 AM
"I didn't have time to read this hole thread".......well arent WE important! :D :D :D J/K hehehehe
im all about keeping the peace baby!...Ill start YET ANOTHER thread/poll on this subject. Ya know guy's with normal boats are gonna think we cant make a damn decision :D

TOBTEK
03-21-2003, 11:40 AM
the official POLL is over in the "sandbar" no poll's here in the WEST......

andy01
03-21-2003, 11:53 AM
http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=002222
Good job tob! Why in the sandbar? Geeezzzzzzzzzz
Andy

TOBTEK
03-21-2003, 02:28 PM
racingrascal:
http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=002222
Good job tob! Why in the sandbar? Geeezzzzzzzzzz
Andy cause I figured we DCB guys are pretty smart fellers..........this thread doesn't have poll's :confused: dont know why, but they dont....

Sandbar Junkies
03-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Ya know guy's with normal boats are gonna think we cant make a damn decision
--------------------
Tob I thaught our boats were normal. We do look like a bunch of women who can't make a decision. :confused: I'm sure will get our shit together before May.

bigboy78
03-23-2003, 03:06 PM
May 17th, Havasu I'm in. I talked to some riggers at DCB(no names)and they said that they would definitely be interested, but would prefer it at Havasu. I'm not trying to be a dick about it just throwing in my two cents.

DCB Boat Rigger
03-25-2003, 10:08 PM
hahah i've put 22's on the rack tons of times.
When was that mike was i ever around???

DCB Boat Rigger
03-25-2003, 10:11 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CMABadseed:
hahah i've put 22's on the rack tons of times.

CMABadseed
03-25-2003, 10:46 PM
that sounds like de-roy. who are ya rigger?
a few times with kab's at havasu with ryan, a few times out at the lake, a few times randomly out at the river. so yeah...not hundreds but quite a few anyways.
PM me rigger.

DCB Boat Rigger
03-26-2003, 06:25 PM
Sorry when you said the rack i thought you were talking about the WASH RACK!!!!!

San Diego
03-27-2003, 09:54 AM
So is it offical?? May 17th at Parker???

TOBTEK
03-27-2003, 09:55 AM
by the looks of the poll it looks like the 17th is the clear winner....but parker or havasu??????

Sandbar Junkies
03-27-2003, 09:27 PM
Hey Tob maybe you need another poll. Havasu-Parker

dcb 26 machman
03-27-2003, 09:37 PM
Im up for the new poll.

Havasu Hangin'
03-28-2003, 05:06 AM
TOBTEK:
....but parker or havasu?????? Well...I'm not a DCB guy, but I would say Parker.
I mean...if I were Charley, there's nowhere else I'd rather test the handling (PWCs and boats everywhere), speed (narrow river), trailering and docking (current) of my new big boat.
Just be careful...those shiny outdrives probably don't get along well with rockbeds...
[ March 28, 2003, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

Charley
03-28-2003, 08:15 AM
Hi!
too be honest guys don't make me the reason for making the location here or there...... I do love Parker.... all my "in my 20' s" boating was done there and it seems like every year I get there less and less (2 trips last year)
If Havasu is where everyone wants to go...cool...I'm not a stick in the mudd, just craving water.....lets do the poll and make it official. :D