PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore Sucks Ass

HAVASU DCB
07-15-2002, 08:01 AM
Yep! that was us. Driver got a DUI. it sucks. They were not even going to tow us in. they said knowone else could drive this boat or back the trailor down the ramp. We had to call some buddys to come do it. And they had a cop at the launch ramp to make sure that we didn't. It was shity day. exept for the 100 mph passes. Be careful the boat cops breathalizers are pass or fail. and the alcohol limit according to the cops is .04. Won't be going back to elsinore. 3 Beers- 6 hours.Becareful- I guess it is our fault though.

78Eliminator
07-15-2002, 08:35 AM
Ouch! Sorry to hear about it. What attracted the cop to your boat in the first place? Were you guys driving like manics?
Justin

Elsinore Cop
07-15-2002, 08:44 AM
Well, thats half the truth. He did go to jail for BUI. The limit is still .08, but can be lower if the operator is impaired. After arresting a boat's operator, we would gladly let any sober passenger take the boat in, with the owner's permission.
In our effort to keep everyone on the lake safe so they can enjoy their day, occasionally some will go to jail. As always, people will whine about it.
Lake Elsinore is very friendly to the performance boating crowd, maintaining the high speed zone even after the Castaic trajedy. The rules are simple and not overbearing. I hope everyone continues to come out and have a good time.

HAVASU DCB
07-15-2002, 08:49 AM
The cop said that you cannot exit speed alley until the very end even after you have come to the speed limit. we were not speeding when we turned out of speed alley but we were putting the boat on the trailor and we had to make a left. I think they were just bored and we were the only boat making passes. Lesson learned

RiverToysJas
07-15-2002, 09:09 AM
Elsinore Cop,
Why no inflatable towables on the lake?
RTJas http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

DickDanger
07-15-2002, 09:25 AM
My experience has been that Elsinore cops are pretty fair, but that is only MY experience. Let me tell you about Castaic: they not only have the patrol boats hiding out, the lifeguard boats making random patrols thru the canyon, and even hanging out there for 2 hours, but they have undercover cops in a blue and white Eliminator that hang out on the beach, in plain clothes, under a green EZ up, binoculars in hand. After their cover was blown yesterday, they simply packed up and left, but not before they narc'd the people off that were just relaxing on the beach next to them, having a couple of beers. Sure enough, they received citations, and as they were leaving, told EVERYONE in the canyon about the undercover cops. F Castaic. -DD Out

Chestah Cheetah
07-15-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by DickDanger:
My experience has been that Elsinore cops are pretty fair, but that is only MY experience. Let me tell you about Castaic: they not only have the patrol boats hiding out, the lifeguard boats making random patrols thru the canyon, and even hanging out there for 2 hours, but they have undercover cops in a blue and white Eliminator that hang out on the beach, in plain clothes, under a green EZ up, binoculars in hand. After their cover was blown yesterday, they simply packed up and left, but not before they narc'd the people off that were just relaxing on the beach next to them, having a couple of beers. Sure enough, they received citations, and as they were leaving, told EVERYONE in the canyon about the undercover cops. F Castaic. -DD Out
It was funny staring at them through binoculars right back at them.....see how they enjoyed being spyed on.......nothing too exciting, just some nose picking and ass scratching.
[This message has been edited by Chestah Cheetah (edited July 15, 2002).]

beached1
07-15-2002, 09:34 AM
Elsinore Cop,
If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you this. If the results from those portable breath test machines are not admissable as evidence in court, does that mean someone can refuse to take it. In other words, someone completes the field test, but refuses the breath part of it. Is that considered refusing to take the "field test"?
Thanks,
Gerrit

Elsinore Cop
07-15-2002, 09:35 AM
Regarding inflatables, the operator has little or no control over the direction. They are more prone to injury from being "whipped", more likely to be ejected and subsequently run over by another boat or PWC. Personally, I take my kids tubing at Havasu if its not crowded - maybe on a weekday. Its not always THAT unsafe, but Elsinore gets a little crowded. Towing inflatables was outlawed before I got here and we have no plans to change that rule.

kevnmcd
07-15-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by HAVASU DCB:
Yep! that was us. Driver got a DUI. it sucks. They were not even going to tow us in. they said knowone else could drive this boat or back the trailor down the ramp. We had to call some buddys to come do it. And they had a cop at the launch ramp to make sure that we didn't. It was shity day. exept for the 100 mph passes. Be careful the boat cops breathalizers are pass or fail. and the alcohol limit according to the cops is .04. Won't be going back to elsinore. 3 Beers- 6 hours.Becareful- I guess it is our fault though.
Havasu-What time did you show up? I was looking for ya....pulled off about 10:30 or so....
Kevnmcd

wsuwrhr
07-15-2002, 02:30 PM
We went out for a little while Sunday. I didn't recognize anyone. I was in the LOUD teal boat with the upsept headers. Was anyone there at 4 or so Sunday?
Brian

HAVASU DCB
07-15-2002, 03:16 PM
I got there at like 10 am. Shit went down at like 2:30pm. The cops were like 15 years old or they looked like it. Elsinore cop no offence if that was you. They also called like two or three police boats to the scene. Then they tried to give him a feild soberiety test on a boat that even the little cop couldn't even stand on. Then they handcuff him (not sure how safe handcuffing someone in a boat is but power trip on!). We had all been drinking so we couldn't drive the boat, plus they were going to wait to see which on of us was going to drive it. We kept asking them for a tow back to the ramp and they said NO!(another safe decision from the cops. Just leave this $110,000.00 boat kicking it in the middle of the lake to get run into) But finally they said the would tow us to the dock where we then called friends to come back the truck down and tow it home since they had a land cop waiting for us at the ramp. like I said lesson learned.
I'm out!
Thanks for listening to me vent!!!!!

Riptide01
07-15-2002, 03:29 PM
3-beers (sure),Probably no lifevests, 100 m.p.h. passes , In a $100,000.00 boat. DUH,STUPID....
[This message has been edited by Riptide01 (edited July 15, 2002).]

HBjet
07-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Then they handcuff him (not sure how safe handcuffing someone in a boat is but power trip on.)
I have a question, did they make the driver put on a life vest or some sort of PFD before they had him board the boat? If so, then handcuffs shouldn't be a problem if he fell in.
HBjet

RiverDave2
07-15-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Riptide01:
3-beers (sure),Probably no lifevests, 100 m.p.h. passes , In a $100,000.00 boat. DUH,STUPID....
[This message has been edited by Riptide01 (edited July 15, 2002).]
Riptide, why don't you explain to me why that is stupid.
This is exactly why I'd love to see someone organize a group in order to lobby to get the limits raised to a more "reasonable" level. Back to the way they used to be.
As for the inflatables, I don't think I'd want to get in that water. If they allow swimming in that lake, they damn sure should allow drinking and driving. I gaurantee you the Swimming is more hazardous to your health.
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited July 15, 2002).]

1quickjet
07-15-2002, 04:49 PM
Regarding the handcuffs/PFD's, good question. I recieved a tow from a very friendly cop on Elsinore a few years ago. He insisted that myself and my passenger wore a lifevest while riding in my boat being towed. Is this a law, Elsinore Cop or BoatCop? When a vessel is being towed, must the occupants be wearing PFD's?

Riptide01
07-15-2002, 05:07 PM
RiverDave,
STUPID because things happen very quickly at those speeds.
The last thing I want to do is to be going that fast after having "3-beers".
I doubt any of the people in the boat had lifevests.
But hey, We do need to thin the herd some.
Jeff

Skaterfast
07-15-2002, 05:24 PM
I don't understand why people on this board continue to go to Smelsomore when you can go about 120 miles more and have the Colorodo River.No matter what the reason I just don't get it.

RiverDave
07-15-2002, 07:20 PM
RiverDave,
Jeff
Whatever....
RD

Blown Cheyenne Hydro
07-15-2002, 09:49 PM
RiverDave,
Jeff
dude i drink a twelver and bust a hundred in the hydro every time i go out
(well i only had the hydro out once) but i scared the shit out of a hundred in the tx-19 many times with a few cold ones in me!!!!

C2
07-15-2002, 09:53 PM
Spur of the moment I went to Elsinore on Sunday and hung out in the "cove." Gotta say that was the best time I've ever had at the lake. Stayed there until 4, normally would leave at 2 due to it being blown out, but the cove was flat and calm. People on both sides, kinda like a mini channel...dogs, eazy ups, footballs going across both sides, a parade of boats and even titties. I also saw Elsinore Cop...he was throwing back footballs and other floating children toys that had strayed to the center of the cove, which was really cool. He wasn't bothering anybody, either were the other set of cops that rolled thru.
Havasu DCB/Skaterfast
3 beers in 6 hours and 120 miles more to Havasu....sorry, you guys need to brush up on your math skills. No offense, just stating the obvious http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
BTW
I go to Elsinore because IT'S FUN http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
C2

Kwicherbichen
07-16-2002, 02:27 AM
I have a question or two that maybe Elsinore Cop or Boat Cop can answer.
1.) It's my understanding that a BUI is attached to your DMV record in California but if I refuse an FST while boating is my CDL suspended the same if I refuse while driving a car? I ask because, a suspended CDL doesn't prevent me from operating a boat since boating doesn't require a license.
2.) What kinda of FST do you do on the water? The walking and balance portions can't really be preformed because a boat is usually not big enough and generally not stable.
3.) Is an open container ok at Elsinore?
Just curious
Brian
BTW, my experiences at Elsinore have been pretty good so far.

Riptide01
07-16-2002, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Blown Cheyenne Hydro:
dude i drink a twelver and bust a hundred in the hydro every time i go out
(well i only had the hydro out once) but i scared the shit out of a hundred in the tx-19 many times with a few cold ones in me!!!!
Aint you the man......
[This message has been edited by Riptide01 (edited July 16, 2002).]

superdave013
07-16-2002, 06:35 AM
This thread is funny. So the guy drinks and drives, gets busted and it's the lakes fault?? That could happen at any lake at any time. I guess all lakes must suck.
I bet 100 times more people get busted at Havasu then at Elsinore in a year.

Livin Large 27Hallett
07-16-2002, 06:57 AM
Local Lakes suck ass anyways.

HAVASU DCB
07-16-2002, 07:56 AM
Riptide-
Whoa perfect guy!
Just posted to let people know to be careful at Elsinore!
And I added all the truthful details.
Pipedown sport!

cyclone
07-16-2002, 08:00 AM
I go to elsinore because its only 20 minutes from me and its an easy trip to test the boat in between river trips.
Would i swim in the lake? Hell no! In a short span of 2 weeks the water turned from brown to green and that's scary.
But the cove is always full of fun people on weekends and is a great local place to hang.
The cops are usually cool there. Last weekend they politely asked me to install my baffles when i was hanging out in the cove. It was obvious i had launched w/o them and they didnt ticket me for it. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

RiverDave2
07-16-2002, 08:07 AM
Aint you the man......
RipTide, It's becuase of fags like you that this guy got a DUI. With all your preaching (holier then thou) shit, and your M.A.D.D. propaganda you finally convince some jackass in legislation to change the laws to lower tolerances. I'm sure you feel really good about it as well. I'm sure you feel that you've done your good deed for the day. Possibly "saved someones life." In reality your ruining peoples lives, and taking the "fun" out of boating. Pretty soon we can all go out to the lake and hook the bow eye up to a steel cable and get towed around like we're at disneyland if it makes you happy.
Me personally I enjoy a few beers damn near everytime I drive my boat. I guess that it can't be done responsibly though can it?
Nope, no way now how.. Would you even listen to what I have to say if I spelled it out for you? I don't believe that you would, so in lieu of getting into the whole debate again, I'd rather just tell you to go **** yourself. There now I feel like I've done my good deed for the day. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
RD

FastTimmy
07-16-2002, 08:08 AM
Where on the lake is the cove you guys refer to?

Riptide01
07-16-2002, 08:14 AM
Havasu DCB,
You just sounded surprised that you guys got harassed and ticketed.
I am far from perfect.We all like to have a good time ,I dont need beer for the courage to go 100+.
Can I ask if and what kind of safety gear you guys were wearing or had on board?
Seems to me the owner of a boat company and some friends were killed recently ,doing a 100 mph run.
But thats one of those things that happens to the other guy.
You "Sunshine Partyboys" seem to think you are bullet proof.
Take care, Sport.

TOBTEK
07-16-2002, 08:22 AM
ELSINORE IS GREAT FOR WHAT ITS FOR! great place thats close. Drop the boat in to test it out before the weekend trip. Go Veg and float after work.
Question though.... what is legal and what isn't in SPEEED ALLEY?

RiverDave2
07-16-2002, 08:25 AM
Riptide
Maybe I "misread" ya earlier. Instead of being one of those psycho M.A.D.D. type of guys you might be one of those safety nazi types that thinks everytime you even set foot in a boat you have to be outfitted with a lifeline, ballistic shorts, helmet, flare gun, and a plastic bubble that circumferences you..
P.S. I don't believe in the helmet law, or the seatbelt laws either.
RD <--- Bullet Proof Sunshine Boater.. LOL
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited July 16, 2002).]

Riptide01
RD,
FAG?
Ouch, Yeah I enjoy beer too, but like I said ,I dont need it for courage.
And if you need to drink then go right ahead.
Just hope nothin bad ever happens while you are drinkin and boatin.
Is there a differance between having a few and doing 60 down the freeway in the old pickup and having a few and doing a 100 in your River Toy?
Like you said.... Whatever...

jordanpaulk
You "Sunshine Partyboys" seem to think you are bullet proof.
Take care, Sport.
Wasn't the "Sunshine Partyboys" the name of a band in the 70's, Sport? Guess you want to be called sport now, cool, I suppose.
J

Riptide01
07-16-2002, 08:33 AM
RiverDick,
Nope, Just a life vest when making a Banzai run.
Guess I got you guys stirred up enough.
I'll go back to the forum where you dont need a $100,000 boat thats 30 or 40 feet long.Because with your small dick thats the only way you attract them fine river babes.
Jeff (aka.sport)

HAVASU DCB
07-16-2002, 08:41 AM
If my memory is right we were talking about a 26 foot cat. Its not 30-40 feet. But I have a 18 foot spectra too and I don't wear a life jacket when I do a bonzai (60 mph) run.

RiverDave2
07-16-2002, 08:42 AM
Opinions vary from person to person. I just gave mine. No point in you leaving.
I don't necesarrily dislike you RipRash, I just don't like your opinions or the way you voiced them. So I choose to voice mine in a condescending manner just as you do. No point in you going back to the small boat forums. Your here now.. LOL
RD

BADAXE
07-16-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave2:
I don't necesarrily dislike you RipRash, I just don't like your opinions or the way you voiced them. So I choose to voice mine in a condescending manner just as you do. No point in you going back to the small boat forums. Your here now.. LOL
RD
So your opinion is he's a fag?
I'm sorry RD but you have gone over the deep end on this one. Go out and have a few beers and float around look at the girls hang with some freinds and so on. But don't fill your boat with people and beer then procede to drink all the beer then make 100mph passes then be surprised when the cops want to check everything out. C2 said it, he sat in the cove had a great time and the cops were cool. Our other friend was out in the middle of the lake drinking and going a hundred. Duh!

RiverDave2
07-16-2002, 09:24 AM
BadAxe, I'm not saying go out and get plowed then start making speed runs.
3 beers across Six Hours doesn't seem outta line to me. As a matter of fact I'm confused as to how he even got a DUI, if in fact it was 3 beers that would put him way under the legal limit.
RD

Riptide01
07-16-2002, 09:28 AM
Gee, Cool, I can stay and play with the big boats.
Its all about Performance boating.
It just seems stupid that someone would be SHOCKED and SURPRISED that the cops are harrassing them after drinking and bombing down the lake.
I have been to a few city counsel meetings to help keep boats on the lakes.Where I live.
They keep wanting to band any boat with above water exhaust.
So far the turn out of boaters at these meetings is working.
RD.. What have you done lately?
Why do you suppose the PWC's keep getting banded?
Its great to go fast and make noise and have fun. But it only takes one stupid jerk to screw it up for all performance boaters.
Yes, Thats my opinion.
Sorry if I stepped on any toes...
And yeah, if I get thrown out of a boat at speed and get knocked out. I would like to be found floating.
I am kinda stupid that way...

HAVASU DCB
07-16-2002, 09:31 AM
How's it going RD?
Yeah, he was intentionaly not really drinking just so he could make a couple passes. And he is 6'5" 250. So I am convinced size doesn't matter with alcohol.

78Eliminator
07-16-2002, 09:33 AM
I used to have a beer or two when boating but the damn breathalizer has got me running scared. Now, a few hits off the bong and a rock of crack and I'm good to go. You always have to stay a couple steps ahead of the law. This way, I can do my 100 MPH runs cause I'm such a puss without being high... A little visine and they can't even tell the difference.
78Eliminator

RiverDave2
07-16-2002, 09:47 AM
RD.. What have you done lately?
I actively participate in a group that helps to bring people together off the forums so that they can get a chance to meet face to face and have a few beers. In there somewhere people whom have similar interests become friends. They also discuss things such as the ban on PWC's, how much it "too much," and many other topics.
RD

HavasuDreamin'
07-16-2002, 09:51 AM
Do your speed runs before you booze. Then go float around the rest of the day (as long as your not on Smellsomeore) and drink, drink, drink. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Before you head in for the evening, pound some water, gatorade, or other N/A beverage. Keep it in the cup holder in case you do get pulled over (this way the cop can see you are not boozing). Clean all the "dead soldiers" out of the cooler, throw them in a garbage bag and stow it out of sight. Follow all the rules of the water on the way back, don't drive like a jackass, and you should be fine. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
Havasu----got out of one BUI and doesn't want another one---Dreamin'
[This message has been edited by HavasuDreamin' (edited July 16, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by HavasuDreamin' (edited July 16, 2002).]

78Eliminator
07-16-2002, 09:51 AM
and many other topics.
RD
RD,
I have to admit, I like "BullsEye" better than "RiverDick". You going to register that handle now?
J

RiverDave2
07-16-2002, 10:09 AM
LOL... No the "BullsEye" one is all you bud.
I've been called worse then "RiverDick" as soon as one strikes me particularly funny I'll probably register it and start using it.
HavasuDCB, Things are well! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif I guess Mark 's(the guy across the canal and one house over) dad bought your buddy's old house. They had alot of work done to it over 4th of July weekend. They repainted the entire outside by the canal, restucko'd a bunch of stuff. It's looking pretty good.
Other then Elsinore, you been on the water at all? Let me know if you ever want to head out towards parker.
"I'm loud becuase it's my jooooob.." http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif LOL I still laugh about that shit..
RD

1stepcloser
07-16-2002, 10:20 AM
3 beers in 6 hours.
I am having trouble with that. At that rate, even if the breathalizer is a pass/fail device, it seems very unlikely that it would have failed.
I too enjoy a beer or two while Im relaxing on the lake. I also know that when I make that choice, I also have to accept the consequences that may come with it. As I have been lucky with two near misses in the past, I now choose not to drink any alcohol when I am gonna be driving the boat. Particularly if I am going out for some speed passes as I believe this attracts attention to you and your boat.
From reading the above posts, It seems that someone went to the lake, drank some beers and blasted up and down the lake. Pretty harmless I would agree.
But The local law decided to check the guys, for whatever reason, and discovered that apparently all the people on board were too intoxicated to drive. This resulted in the driver being arrested. Like I said earlier, I have trouble with the 3 beers in 6 hours part.
If you know youve been drinking all day, you put yourself at risk of being boarded and, yes, arerested, if you get caught driving. I dont think it's about anybody trying to ruin someone elses day on the lake. I think its about being responsible and following the law. Whether or not we agree with it doesnt change the fact that it is a law.
In summary, you got caught, bro, accept it and learn from it.

HAVASU DCB
07-16-2002, 10:23 AM
RD,
I came by you're house on the 4th weekend. I was in my buddy who owned that houses boat. The eliminator party cat purple and yellow. We even stopped at the old house and had a beer with mark and who ever those guys were. When we came by your house there was a shit load of people out there but I didn't see you.
Do you remember seing us?

RiverDave2
07-16-2002, 10:42 AM
I remember the Eliminator Deck boat going by the old house. It struck me by surprise after you told me that they had sold it. I think I went in the house after you guys arrived to get some beers or something. Wish I woulda known you were on the boat I would have come down and said hello.
How's Biz been lately? I was thinking about giving you a call for an exhuast on the Navigator. You going out to Havasu this weekend? We're all going up for the Nordic Regatta.
RD

HAVASU DCB
07-16-2002, 11:21 AM
I don't know about this weekend. Maybe next. We need to hook up soon and get the exhaust on the navi.

DickDanger
07-16-2002, 12:20 PM
RD
Actually, RD doesnt really care for ANYONE elses opinion but his own. The sooner that you realize that you are not allowed to disagree with him, the better off you will be. -Dick "Opinionless" Danger

RiverDave2
07-16-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by DickDanger:
Actually, RD doesnt really care for ANYONE elses opinion but his own. The sooner that you realize that you are not allowed to disagree with him, the better off you will be. -Dick "Opinionless" Danger
Not to try and change your "opinion" there Dick Danger, but I respectfully disagree.
I have learned quite a bit on these forums and alot of people have certainly altered my opinions about alot of things.
So how could what you say possibly be true?
As a matter of fact you yourself have changed a few opinions of mine in the past.
RD - "OUT"

Elsinore Cop
07-16-2002, 02:16 PM
I've been out on the water all day. We had a close call that you might hear about later on these boards. In response to some of the questions and comments: FSTs on the boat are all done while seated, so the violator doesn't lose his balance due to the swell or chop and appear intoxicated. A second police boat came to the scene because the passengers all claimed to be too intoxicated or incapable of operating the boat to take it to the ramp...so the additional police boat had to tow them in. I will take the "cop looked 15 years old" comment as a complement. I'm much older than everyone on that boat, so we'll just say being around that green water gives me a youthful appearance!

Reaper1
07-16-2002, 02:31 PM
If one of the passengers claimed to be capable of driving, would you give him an FST before taking the wheel?

HolyMoly
07-16-2002, 02:38 PM
I would have to say the Elsinore cops are more than fair. To get pulled over on Elsinore on a weekend, you have to stick out like a sore thumb. If DCB Havasu was in the 26' DCB with the Whipple charged 496 giving speed rides to anyone at the cove, I would say you had more than 3 beers in 6 hours.
I am on lake Elsinore on almost a daily basis for the past 4 years, and have yet to be pulled over by the Elsinore police. Keep up the good work Elsinore Cop!

Elsinore Cop
07-16-2002, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the support. If a passenger gave any impression of intoxication, FSTs or at least a quick check for sobriety would be in order before we let the passenger drive the boat. No big deal if the passenger is too intoxicated. We just gotta find another way to get the boat safely off the lake. By the way on the handcuffing issue..anyone who is taken into custody goes in cuffs, its policy and it keeps me safe. They also get to wear a PFD to keep them safe.

Thunderbutt
07-16-2002, 03:14 PM
Good luck Dave. Originally posted by RiverDave2:
Riptide
Maybe I "misread" ya earlier. Instead of being one of those psycho M.A.D.D. type of guys you might be one of those safety nazi types that thinks everytime you even set foot in a boat you have to be outfitted with a lifeline, ballistic shorts, helmet, flare gun, and a plastic bubble that circumferences you..
P.S. I don't believe in the helmet law, or the seatbelt laws either.
RD <--- Bullet Proof Sunshine Boater.. LOL
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited July 16, 2002).]

DickDanger
07-16-2002, 03:22 PM
RD,I have changed some of your opinions??? Holy S**t, if you start listening to me, you are gonna be as lost as I am!!!! Hahahahaha...j/k. You know that I was just busting your balls a bit, not trying to offend ya....again. -DD Out

HAVASU DCB
07-16-2002, 03:25 PM
Holymoly,
Holy suck the cops ass batman.
I never said the cops didn't do their job in keeping the lake safe. Actually whichever cop was in the boat by himself that took him off the lake, Was actually a really nice guy. But the two young cops that came in the boat together were in no way shape or form going to give us a tow. We had to have the girl beg them. But still that didn't work-until when they were done taking all of our information. We asked them for their names and that was then they started to be legit human beings.
So does this help me HolyMolyif I personally thank Elsinore cop for keeping elsinore a safe boating haven-
Out

CoastGuardSteve
07-16-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by 1quickjet:
Regarding the handcuffs/PFD's, good question. I recieved a tow from a very friendly cop on Elsinore a few years ago. He insisted that myself and my passenger wore a lifevest while riding in my boat being towed. Is this a law, Elsinore Cop or BoatCop? When a vessel is being towed, must the occupants be wearing PFD's?
When you are being towed by another vessel PFDs are a requirement for the purpose of safety. Once under tow you have handed over control of your vessel to the towing vessel and you are considered to be in a "hazardous situation". It seems silly until you see a boat being towed sink in front of you. When under tow you typically don't have the degree of control over your vessel as opposed to when you are under your own power.
In response to the handcuffing/PFD thing.......When someone is taken into custody they are usually placed in restraints so that the Officer can maintain control of their "restrainee". Once an Officer places a person in resraints they are responsible for the safety of that individual. For us in the Coast Guard it is required that we provide people under restraints a PFD.
These reasons may differ from that of law enforcement officers at the local and state level.
I hope this helps,
Steve

HolyMoly
07-16-2002, 03:42 PM
I like the batman reference. Yah, I admit to a little ass sucking, but it keeps me out of trouble. Also, not drinking while driving my boat keeps me out of trouble too.
word

1quickjet
07-16-2002, 05:41 PM
Thank You CoastGuardSteve.

MrHavasuCat
07-16-2002, 07:19 PM
FYI, 1 beer (12 ounce) will elevate your BAC (blood alcohol content) about .025. Your body also burns alcohol at a rate of about .025 per hour. This is a general reference that is fairly accurate, although body weight will make it vary slightly. Something to keep in mind the next time you are drinking on your boat.

Skaterfast
07-16-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by C2:
Havasu DCB/Skaterfast
3 beers in 6 hours and 120 miles more to Havasu....sorry, you guys need to brush up on your math skills. No offense, just stating the obvious http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
BTW
I go to Elsinore because IT'S FUN http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
C2[/B]
If you have fun there that's good.What I said was "Colorado River".If I drive to Elsinore from my house it's about 40 miles.If I drive to Blythe its about 180 give or take.I just can't get it out of my head that the water is realy bad.I think the City of Elsinore publicly anounces "swim at your own risk"?For me I would drive the extra miles for more water and cleaner too.Even if it was for a day trip.It's been years since I've been there ,but I remember trying to avoid the dead floating fish on my jet ski.

WaltersCamp
07-18-2002, 05:39 AM
Havasu DCB,
I'd like to know how much his insurance is going to go up. If it's a $110k/100+mph boat, he's gonna pay through the nose.
I have a friend who got a DUI while driving his car. His boat insurance dropped him immediatley. When he shopped around for another insurance company, his prices quadrupled (about $6k/year). Also, his boat is only worth about $40k and does around 70mph top speed (Mach22).
Furthermore, boating and driving insurance companies generaly stop looking at DUI's around 3 years. But it takes a solid 10 years for the DUI to come off your driving record. Also, during the first 3 years, there is Zero Tolerance for BAC (meaning 0.0 BAC or it's an automatic 2nd DUI and 1 month jail time).
I feel sorry your your friend that was caught. He's gonna have a tough 3 years. I know my friend did.
[ July 20, 2002, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: WaltersCamp ]

shockwavebd
07-18-2002, 08:11 AM
Elsinore Cop:
Well, thats half the truth. He did go to jail for BUI. The limit is still .08, but can be lower if the operator is impaired. After arresting a boat's operator, we would gladly let any sober passenger take the boat in, with the owner's permission.
In our effort to keep everyone on the lake safe so they can enjoy their day, occasionally some will go to jail. As always, people will whine about it.
Lake Elsinore is very friendly to the performance boating crowd, maintaining the high speed zone even after the Castaic trajedy. The rules are simple and not overbearing. I hope everyone continues to come out and have a good time.I'am out there more then most ,and I see alot of dum shit!.Play by the rules and they won't bother you.One of the cops owens a shockwave

HM
07-18-2002, 02:09 PM
Skaterfast:
C2
Havasu DCB/Skaterfast
BTW
C2[/B]If you have fun there that's good.What I said was "Colorado River".If I drive to Elsinore from my house it's about 40 miles.If I drive to Blythe its about 180 give or take.I just can't get it out of my head that the water is realy bad.I think the City of Elsinore publicly anounces "swim at your own risk"?For me I would drive the extra miles for more water and cleaner too.Even if it was for a day trip.It's been years since I've been there ,but I remember trying to avoid the dead floating fish on my jet ski.Just so you know, Elsinore is one of the cleanest lakes in CA. Bacteria, the dirty stuff is not visible to the human eye. Algea, not bad for you, but can seem gross, is what is at Lake Elsinore. Elsinore reports the bacteria counts on a weekly basis - compare it to any lake or river and you will see. It is o.k. that you think it is dirty - stay away.

HM
07-18-2002, 08:13 PM
Regarding the dead fish at Elsinore, they don't die from polution, they die from lack of oxygen that the algea absorbs when it blooms in the summer. Again, it is o.k. that you think it is dirty......tell your friends and so on not to come to Elsinore.

shiznit
07-18-2002, 08:43 PM
I have to agree that Elsinore pretty much sucks hard. Every time that I have gone there it has gotten worse. The water looks more and more like a toilet not to mention that it gets lower every time I've gone there. The only thing its good for is to make a few turns and thats about it. Its a great place if you want to score some crank and pick up on some scary sucked up toothless tweeker skanks.
Peace out,
Shiznit

Sprockets
07-18-2002, 09:03 PM
shiznit:
I have to agree that Elsinore pretty much sucks hard. Every time that I have gone there it has gotten worse. The water looks more and more like a toilet not to mention that it gets lower every time I've gone there. The only thing its good for is to make a few turns and thats about it. Its a great place if you want to score some crank and pick up on some scary sucked up toothless tweeker skanks.
Peace out,
ShiznitSounds like you should never come back to Elsinore and leave us toothless tweeker skanks, trying sell some wanabe pimp dady some crank, alone. So long, don't let the screen door of my mobile home slap you in the ass.

C-2
07-18-2002, 11:23 PM
Some of us people who enjoy Elsinore must be stupid as rocks. Apparently there is a new place named the river that we are unaware of.
Duh. http://www.tnfj.com/Images/Smilies/boid.gif
Who cares - less people at the lake equals more room for us other dumbasses. :D :D :D
C2

shiznit
07-19-2002, 07:11 AM
Sprockets
[/qb]Sounds like you should never come back to Elsinore and leave us toothless tweeker skanks, trying sell some wanabe pimp dady some crank, alone. So long, don't let the screen door of my mobile home slap you in the ass.[/QB][/QUOTE]
I'd rather be a wannabe pimp than a elsinore local. Damn, you must be comin up in the world Sprockets. I didn't know cardboard boxes came with screen doors. All that slangin the rock must finally be payin off. Now maybe you could make it to the dentist. :D
Peace out,
Shiz :D

superdave013
07-19-2002, 07:33 AM
Oh come on. It is what it is. It's a close lake to go for a day trip. It has the only high speed zone out of any local lake. I can get there and back on under a tank of gas. For me to go to the river I have to make plans. To go to Elsinore I can wake up and say "hey, wanna go to the lake?"
All you have to do is pretty much run your mufflers and don't stand out and you will have no problems.