PDA

View Full Version : MTV in Parker???

BGMAN203
03-24-2003, 04:09 PM
I have heard a rumor that MTV Spring Break 03, will be hosting parties along the Parker Strip March 28-30 and April 4-6. Does anybody know if this is true??

Jordy
03-24-2003, 04:11 PM
I hope not. They already ****ed havasu up. Let them stay up there.

BGMAN203
03-24-2003, 04:21 PM
I was planning on going April 4-6 but might reconsider if this rumor is fact. **** MTV.

mbrown2
03-24-2003, 04:24 PM
If MTV shows up in Parker, we can expect to see VH1 there next year making a "Behind the Party" episode called..."The downfall of the Parker Strip" frown

Boatcop
03-24-2003, 04:32 PM
MTV in Parker?
No, nyet, non, NFW.
Sundance is advertising a big bash, which I presume is being promoted by the same people who did that rave over in Havasu Landing a few years ago. (Remember that one? 6 deaths due to drugs and drunk drivers.)
The promoters used to be associated with MTV, which may be where the rumors came from.
They tried to do a similar rave on the Res last year, but were nixed by local Chamber of Commerce, and the fact that they wanted to do it on Labor Day weekend, when there weren't any hotel rooms available.
Either way, the Sundance bash is going to be populated with little punks in mohawks, green hair, driving Hondas with coffee cans on the exhaust, "X"ed out of their minds and tripping on glow sticks.
Not exactly "our" kind of crowd.

BGMAN203
03-24-2003, 04:33 PM
Mike, your in Parker more than most, have you heard anything about this?

mbrown2
03-24-2003, 04:38 PM
I have not heard of anything, until Alan's comments above...I am sure if the Sundance bash happens then the local enforcement will be out doing their jobs in a big way :) ...I think I will stay north on the river this weekend and just "walk" over to the Blue Bar after a day of boating.. :)

Cole
03-24-2003, 04:39 PM
*originally posted by boat cop*Either way, the Sundance bash is going to be populated with little punks in mohawks, green hair, driving Hondas with coffee cans on the exhaust, "X"ed out of their minds and tripping on glow sticks.
Not exactly "our" kind of crowd.
-------------------------------------------------
tripping on glow sticks......lol thats some
funny sh*t Alan

BGMAN203
03-24-2003, 04:42 PM
Alan are you going to be working thoes weekends?

Havasu Hangin'
03-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Sounds like trouble at the river, to me...

disco_charger
03-24-2003, 06:54 PM
RiverDave
underneath have the tattoo "Thug Life" across there stomachs.. Umm, actually the tattoo will say "Born to Loose" in old English style letters. :p

BGMAN203
03-24-2003, 07:22 PM
Why would anyone want to be a "thug"???

Windy
03-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Im thinken maybe we should hang back this weekend frown

LeE ss13
03-24-2003, 07:41 PM
April 4th-6th. The same weekend as our races ???? Gosh forbid !!!

Fun One
03-24-2003, 07:45 PM
BGMAN203:
Why would anyone want to be a "thug"??? Whats a thug anyway, Sounds like I better head out
to the house and watch all the thugs go by my docks with their jump suits and orange life vests on. Cant wait.

Johnwithjm
03-24-2003, 07:46 PM
Can someone please fill me in on what happened with MTV at Havasu.
Thanks

Jordy
03-24-2003, 07:51 PM
They had a televised Spring Break years ago and basically brought out the gangsta thug criminal element (the most visible anyhow, but not the only one) that has since stayed out there for the big weekends. They've had shootings and knife fights on the Sandbar and on and on. MTV is pretty much the reason the Sandbar is closed on the big weekends anymore. That is the brief version as I've seen and heard it.

Jrocket
03-24-2003, 08:38 PM
beached 1:
Damn! Looks like I missed the boat again! Too bad more people didnt miss that also!!! :rolleyes:

beached 1
03-24-2003, 08:43 PM
Jrocket:
beached 1:
Damn! Looks like I missed the boat again! Too bad more people didnt miss that also!!! :rolleyes: It actually sucks. I think tatoos are pretty cool. But when you see a bunch of trendy fags with em, it doesn't seem as cool anymore.

Jrocket
03-24-2003, 09:03 PM
beached 1:
Jrocket:
beached 1:
Damn! Looks like I missed the boat again! Too bad more people didnt miss that also!!! :rolleyes: It actually sucks. I think tatoos are pretty cool. But when you see a bunch of trendy fags with em, it doesn't seem as cool anymore. So true....Same goes for Harley's and everything else that gets played out too fast I guess. frown

Jordy
03-24-2003, 09:08 PM
beached 1:
I think tatoos are pretty cool. Tattoos are trashy... LOL :D :D

hot_diggity_dog
03-24-2003, 09:14 PM
JP,
Check out the pix of Copper in the Cat thread!
HDD :cool:

Jordy
03-24-2003, 09:24 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
JP,
Check out the pix of Copper in the Cat thread!
HDD :cool: Very nice. :D :D :D
You know, I'm always down for some of those uncensored pics. You could always email them to me, or post them over on hotboatpics.com. :D
I just hate Copper Canyon for that reason though. Someone stole keys??? Come on, how lame is that? The scenery is great, but being tied up and having everyone crawling across your boat and drunk idiots breaking stuff on thier way around is stupid. Good time to have a rental boat. :D :D :D

hot_diggity_dog
03-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Come on JP, :rolleyes:
We were set up on the outside with the High dollar boats. :rolleyes:
I think it was one of those STEALTH chicks with the TWIN BOMBS (0)(0) that sneaks off with the keys. wink
All I know is I wouldn't have towed my boat back with the big block Whipple under the hatch. eek! eek!
Still downloading the pix.
HDD :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
03-25-2003, 08:54 AM
I think just an mtv dj will be at the sundance on the 5th, dj scrible. check out the info at
www.ocparty.com (http://www.ocparty.com)
I have tatoos & body peircings, so does my wife. for those who have tatoos, you know you cant just stop at one. Its kind of like gambling you dont know when to stop. I did do it some what smart though, you can only see them when I have my shirt off, or if I am wearing a tank top.
By the way I am not a thug, punk rocker, tagger, what ever. I am just a family man who likes tasteful tatoos, party's, & boating. Did I forget to mention I also like women in bikini's? Why else would a married man take up boating??? Looking at the menu is ok with the wifey, just as long as I dont order.

SCUBA STEVE
03-25-2003, 10:03 AM
It's all good RD. I know what you are talking about.
RD, did I see a post somewhere that you were going to be in havasu, or parker this weekend?
I might get a wild hair up my *** and head out to havasu this weekend. Who can stay home when its in the mid 80's at the river??

Blown 472
03-25-2003, 10:23 AM
beached 1:
Jrocket:
beached 1:
Damn! Looks like I missed the boat again! Too bad more people didnt miss that also!!! :rolleyes: It actually sucks. I think tatoos are pretty cool. But when you see a bunch of trendy fags with em, it doesn't seem as cool anymore. True dat, tribals, india shit, ink on your arm, blah blah blah. I have ink I just dont get in the trendy places.

SCUBA STEVE
03-25-2003, 10:33 AM
RiverDave:
I'm going to be in Parker this weekend.
All day Saturday I'm going to do my boater safety course 8-4, but after that I'm up for some beers / BBQ'n :)
RD If I do make it, I'll probably be 2 wasted to make the drive to parker after 4pm. What does your safety course consist of? I can sure use help on fooling the river patrol when I am drinking. LOL :D On the real thats probably something everyone should attend.

SCUBA STEVE
03-25-2003, 11:23 AM
RiverDave:
I'm not sure of what it consists of, but I'll be sure to let ya know when I get back!
You get a discount on your insurance for attending one, although I'd probably get my insurance raised if they knew the reason I was going.. LOL
RD did you get an oui? my friend got one of those and had to attend the class. it was for memorial a few years ago. ever since then he wont operate anything. lucky guy! I want to just sit back and drink too!!!

truksnboats
03-25-2003, 11:32 AM
al the info about what is going on for spring break in Parker is on ocparty.comI will most likely be going April 4-6, anyone else gonna be there?

SCUBA STEVE
03-25-2003, 11:34 AM
HUFFPOWER:
maybe, we as boaters who have been going to parker/havasu long before it was trendy could start a thread saying how shitty havasu/parker is, those in the know would know this is'nt true , then we could start sending the wannabes to say, CASTAIC,PYRAMID,yea then they could have the mtv dirtbags go there or magic mtn, anywhere but havasu/parker,does anyone remember when havasu was really cool due to the fact it was so far away from everything,man those were goog days,ski from sunup till sundown, now you hope
you don't get killed !! the ol days rule !! long live the original "river rat".. sounds like a plan!! although I cant consider myself an og river rat. But I think I meet all the requirements of one, I dont steal, lie, cheat, or cause trouble. What I do is, drink, gamble, & have unprotected sex. :D Where is that river rat application?

SCUBA STEVE
03-25-2003, 11:42 AM
RiverDave:
Well that's what the ticket was for but I didn't get convicted of an OUI. (Plea Bargain'd) Part of my deal is though I have to do some courses (alcohol and boater safety).
RD we live and we learn. some how my friend didnt get convicted either. he spent the night in the holding cell, & had to go back to spend another night somewhere else. my friends only complaint was that the holding cell was feezing, all he had was shorts & flip flops and they wouldnt give him a blanket. now thats torture!
If you can please fill us in on any new laws & safety tips.

SCUBA STEVE
03-25-2003, 02:37 PM
Oh yeah I almost forgot about boat cop. I only have on non drinker in my group, she gets invited all the time. A prop guard would be a good idea. I guess thats why they invented jet drives.

SCUBA STEVE
03-25-2003, 04:31 PM
I thought you were trying to stir something up.
:p

77charger
03-25-2003, 04:55 PM
RiverDave:
I'm not sure of what it consists of, but I'll be sure to let ya know when I get back!
You get a discount on your insurance for attending one, although I'd probably get my insurance raised if they knew the reason I was going.. LOL
RD Consist of boating rules docking,tieing nots,right of way,NAVIGATION LIGHTS,drinking and boating effects and so on.I had to take it it wasnt that bad and i actually learned something also got a discount on the insurance,

PipesClean
03-25-2003, 05:04 PM
RiverDave:
Well I threw the "meatball" out there.. LOL I can't believe that no one took a nibble on it. :D
RD Nibble, Nibble!!! :D wink :D
Bill and I will be in Parker/Havasu this weekend too. We'll hook up somewhere.

Charley
03-25-2003, 06:05 PM
I spoke with a good source at MTV today...definitely NOT in parker..

riverliver
03-25-2003, 07:23 PM
though ya mind as well be an AlQueda member.
My .02
RD :D [/QB][/QUOTE]
Dave a is an Alqueda member ?????? LMAO
:confused: :confused: :D wink

riverliver
03-25-2003, 07:23 PM
though ya mind as well be an AlQueda member.
My .02
RD :D [/QB][/QUOTE]
Dave a is an Alqueda member ?????? LMAO
:confused: :confused: :D wink

Dusty Times
03-25-2003, 08:55 PM
I've lived here over 33 years. That was when it was when the whole river was considered hickville. And it was cool. I wish we could have it back the way it was.
I've always been against protesting but I would to keep MTV out this time. burningm

Havasu Hangin'
03-25-2003, 09:11 PM
RiverDave:
Your absolutely right HH! I'm just sickened at the thought that someone would try (actually the same people MTV) would try to do to Parker...I hear ya...if they only knew that that the snowbirds are the hippest people in town...I think they would have reconsidered.
Ole RD is a close second to the snowbirds...
RiverDave:
Everyone Else,...Sun Dance will be going off, but no MTV...That's right, folks...Friday night bingo...really goin' off. After that, if the locals don't have any cows to tip, they get liquored up and drive boats!
Unless of course it's "Square Dance Night" at Roadrunner, "Seniors Night" at Dennys, or the "Huck Fin Look-a-like contest" for the ladies at the sandbar...er ...rockbed.
RiverDave:
Hooray for the Hoodlums hangin up in Havasu for another season...That's "Mr. Hoodlum" to you...

WILDERTHANU54
03-25-2003, 09:22 PM
DAVE IS THIS WEEKEND PLANNED TO GO OFF?????

wideopen23
03-26-2003, 10:41 AM
Now guys not all of us youngins are out there to cause problems we have respect for the river and others to....

SCUBA STEVE
03-26-2003, 10:55 AM
wideopen23:
Now guys not all of us youngins are out there to cause problems we have respect for the river and others to.... well said. the only time the river gets disrespected is when my bladder is full. But I heard that helps out with the fish population. :D

Blown 472
03-26-2003, 12:01 PM
Word round the camp fire is RD is going to DJ??

wideopen23
03-26-2003, 12:18 PM
well I am the ripe age of 26 my self....and yes I have to say I have helped out the fish population a time or two.

Dusty Times
03-26-2003, 03:07 PM
I don't think anyone that posts or even lurks on this board is any part of the problem.

CA Stu
03-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Dusty Times:
I don't think anyone that posts or even lurks on this board is any part of the problem. I hear it's "Yo! MTV Raps" live at the Buckskin store this weekend. Is this true? Can I cash my welfare check for 40s there?
Thanks
Compton Stu

SCUBA STEVE
03-26-2003, 06:28 PM
RiverDave:
SCUBA STEVE:
wideopen23:
Now guys not all of us youngins are out there to cause problems we have respect for the river and others to.... well said. the only time the river gets disrespected is when my bladder is full. But I heard that helps out with the fish population. :D What are we calling "youngin" here?
I just may or may not fall into that category at the ripe old age of 26.. LOL
RD Well RD, never fear this 29 year old will be a younging until he is 59!! I hope I am still ticking at 60. I wonder when I'll stop hitting the beer bong?? speaking of beer bongs can I enter my beer bong for best beach gizmo at op6? I'll post a pic of it later on. I have to give props to jetboatrich for showing me how to post pics in here. (notice the new sc logo)

PipesClean
03-31-2003, 08:15 AM
Has anybody seen this yet?
http://www.ocparty.com/images/springbreak/flyer_750.jpg

mbrown2
03-31-2003, 09:38 AM
I saw no MTV Raps at Buckskin Store on Saturday, and Sundance looked dead pretty much on Saturday. I did hear some rumor about some Freestyle MX Jumper getting killed jumping near or at Sundance though...never sure about those river rumors though... :)