PDA

View Full Version : To loud at the marina gas dock!!!

FastTimmy
06-25-2003, 10:02 PM
Sunday morning I was getting gas at the marina. (more to follow on that) Unfortunatly I had to pull up and park right in front of a sheriff's boat getting gas to. I know my boat to be very loud but tried not to make a seen just pull up and park. I didn't seem to get any dirty looks or any response from the sheriff so I just pumped my gas. He seemed to be hanging out longer then needed but I just finished my fueling. No sooner did I screw my gas cap back on and here comes mister officer asking for me to submit to a sound check.
He quikly followed that statement with another saying he would not write me if I was over, he just wanted to check me. I agreed if he would share the results with me.
I started the POS up and let it idle. @ 50 feet behind the boat I was at 84 db's. He said I would pass. The funny thing is that my boat WAS so loud that I had to have the wife shut it off so he I could here him explain the test peramiters.
They are as follows:
According to him we must be under 88db's @ 50 behind the boat 36" above the water.
He also siad they are only giving warnings on this for now but they are working with a Havasu judge to make it enforcable.
Is this realy happening!!!!
WHAT IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!
P.S.
After getting gas at the Marina, due to the fact I was on fummes. I burned the top ring land off two pistons two hours later. :( Thats why this post is going up so late!

Rexone
06-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Not only is it true but the new noise tests are going to be tougher yet to pass. There is a thread on them in here already.
Sorry about your motor, that blows. frown

Mr.Havasu
06-26-2003, 03:00 PM
I don't like the sound of that! ( no pun intended)
They are going to make it harder and harder for us to enjoy our boats.

cyclone
06-26-2003, 03:27 PM
not sure of our local laws, but i recieved a $140 ticket at Lake Elsinore for not having baffles in my pipes. expensive day at the lake to say the least!

91nordic29
06-26-2003, 03:31 PM
all this crap about "too loud" is really starting to get under my skin. they had better be testing those weed whackers (no offense) too. some of those things will pierce your ears but i dont complain.

cyclone
06-26-2003, 03:37 PM
what's really funny is most boats built today with the stock mercruiser exhaust system measure over 90dB at the transom and their owners dont get hassled. But i get raked over the coals because i've got some big, shiny pipes hanging over my transom.

al cole'holic
06-26-2003, 07:20 PM
Funny thing, Friday we were at the Havasu Marina store there and this dude rolls up in a Sanger flatty with a nice paint job (mbrown2 you know the kid) and the thing was so f'n loud...I mean I don't think I have heard to many Zoomies that were this loud, anyway he gets gas and my buddy says "hammer that ****er, I wanna hear it" this kid just raps it to hell. The old dude in the store comes runnin out yellin and screamin "you knocked all the shampoo bottles and shit off the shelves you idiot" we was rollin'... :D Well, the dude can no longer launch there.

FastTimmy
06-26-2003, 07:22 PM
That's carma!!

Jrocket
06-26-2003, 07:23 PM
al cole'holic:
Funny thing, Friday we were at the Havasu Marina store there and this dude rolls up in a Sanger flatty with a nice paint job (mbrown2 you know the kid) and the thing was so f'n loud...I mean I don't think I have heard to many Zoomies that were this loud, anyway he gets gas and my buddy says "hammer that ****er, I wanna hear it" this kid just raps it to hell. The old dude in the store comes runnin out yellin and screamin "you knocked all the shampoo bottles and shit off the shelves you idiot" we was rollin'... :D Well, the dude can no longer launch there. That same guy was parked next to myself and MBrown in the channel on Saturday.He was toasted.About every 3 or 4 minutes we would yell at him to rap the motor,and he would rap that thing to the limiter..... :D
I couldnt stop laughing....

Jrocket
06-26-2003, 07:25 PM
FastTimmy....whats up with the motor breaking? Did you get some bad gas and rattle the pistons? Sounds like it detonated to death.Whats your plans?
What suspension do you build?

al cole'holic
06-26-2003, 07:27 PM
Jrocket:
That same guy was parked next to myself and MBrown in the channel on Saturday.He was toasted.About every 3 or 4 minutes we would yell at him to rap the motor,and he would rap that thing to the limiter..... :D
I couldnt stop laughing.... ..yeah, no shit that was my boat mbrown2 came in Jrocket. That thing was insane and he said it was a 502...

Jrocket
06-26-2003, 07:34 PM
That was your Cole? Thats a sweet ride youve got! Yeah that guy in the flat bottom was trashed that day.I couldnt help but yelling at him to rev it up.Remember when he left and came back with the cop following him.I thought he was gonna shit himself...He was scared. eek!
BTW,did ya notice how drunk ol'MBrown was?That was some funny shit watch that boy stagger around!!!! :D :D Hes great aint he?

mbrown2
06-26-2003, 07:38 PM
That flatty guy was amazing...With Cops within 50ft, and the guy stopping traffic in the channel, rapping the motor, the guy could not get pulled over...he was flat bent.

mbrown2
06-26-2003, 07:39 PM
I was feeling fine :rolleyes: still made it to Smokoho's that night...

Jrocket
06-26-2003, 07:43 PM
mbrown2:
I was feeling fine :rolleyes: still made it to Smokoho's that night... Feeling fine? How would you know,you were hammered!!! You just think you were at Kokomo's!!!! :D

al cole'holic
06-26-2003, 07:45 PM
:D He took my buddy out for an idle ride to the bridge and back, got a standing ovation under the brige with the echo's, had the cop follow him all the way back, then almost caused a huge pileup when he came in to beach it!! New guys are cool for about 15 minutes, then they beach they asses on yo shit and start drinkin up your beers and askin for cigs...hehehehe

mbrown2
06-26-2003, 07:47 PM
Jrocket:
mbrown2:
You just think you were at Kokomo's!!!! :D Never thought of that, you might have a point :confused:

Jrocket
06-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Yeah no shit!!! He clogged up the channel and was drunk as hell but still didnt get pulled over.I thought for sure he was a gonner!!!