PDA

View Full Version : Park Moabi Trailer Storage

OCStoker
05-13-2003, 09:45 AM
Does anyone store a travel trailer at Park Moabi? I was wondering what the storage area was like. Is there any break-ins or vandalism?

Havasu Luvr
05-13-2003, 09:57 AM
I have a 2002 32' Prowler that I have stored there since new. I have had No problems in the dry storage area. The only problem is it is not a 24/7 access. You can only gain access to the dry storage area during main gate business hours (gate key) unless you make previous arrangements with a Ranger to pull your trailer out for you.
HL

WETDAWG
05-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Is Park Moabi a good place to hang out?
Do they have a launch ramp?
Gas?

Havasu Luvr
05-13-2003, 10:30 AM
We love it...currently it has a 5 lane launch ramp and this winter it is expanding to a 7 lane longer approach. Vaughn runs the local market w/slip and has fuel, but it was under construction earlier this year (call in advance). The park could be better maniquered (county park) but we like it just the way it is. A few of the peeps from the boards hang out in the channel (between park and river) for a small day use fee.
HL

LaveyJet
05-13-2003, 10:33 AM
OCStoker:
Does anyone store a travel trailer at Park Moabi? I was wondering what the storage area was like. Is there any break-ins or vandalism? Was there 2 weeks ago, they were all booked up frown

WETDAWG
05-13-2003, 10:36 AM
Do they have trailers for rent?

OCStoker
05-13-2003, 10:39 AM
secondchance:
OCStoker:
Does anyone store a travel trailer at Park Moabi? I was wondering what the storage area was like. Is there any break-ins or vandalism? Was there 2 weeks ago, they were all booked up :( Is there a waiting list?

LaveyJet
05-13-2003, 10:42 AM
WETDAWG:
Do they have trailers for rent? Not that I know of, there was talk of a concessionaire that would haul them in, but I haven't seen it yet. Check it out
http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/parks/moabi.htm

LaveyJet
05-13-2003, 10:44 AM
OCStoker:
secondchance:
OCStoker:
Does anyone store a travel trailer at Park Moabi? I was wondering what the storage area was like. Is there any break-ins or vandalism? Was there 2 weeks ago, they were all booked up :( Is there a waiting list? We were 4th on the list, said maybe June?

waterndog
05-13-2003, 10:49 AM
A buddy of mines has been storing his trailer out there for years and has never had a problem. I think its getting harder to get storage spot there, another friend had called and they said they only had a few storage spots left? Park Moabi is a great place weve been going there for a long time..

Coach
05-13-2003, 11:17 AM
I store my Camper there with 8 other buddies of mine. We have not had any problems ,Knock on wood. They stay open late on Friday nights this year to 11:00 to get your camper out. Vaugh will spot the the trailers as well, for a price. Good luck getting a reservation on the pennusula. We call a year in advance to get one. The new pollicy will have you paying for each spot for the first night up front. So for a 10 spot is $180 to reserve it. It is $18 for each spot up front. The Ramp still is only 5 lanes, and the Gas just opened up 1 1/2 weeks ago, but they do have AVI gas now. The best time to get a storage spot is in the winter. They had many spots open in the winter. For $250 a year it is a hard price to beat. They did a bunch of clean up on the pennsula sites this winter. Moabi is great, we started go there last year after years of going to Parker. We have been out 7 times already this year.

DickDanger
05-13-2003, 03:00 PM
Shhhhhhhh, dont be telling everyone about Moabi. It is always nice and quiet when I am at the beachfront campground.....keep it on the DL and steer everyone to Black Meadow,lol.....-DD Out
[ May 13, 2003, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: DickDanger ]

Coach
05-13-2003, 03:52 PM
Sorry. Mobai sucks and my camper has been broken into 4 times is 6 months. :D Like DD said go to Black medow. wink

Coach
05-13-2003, 03:54 PM
Hey DD you for got the Angry Dragon on your signature.

DickDanger
05-13-2003, 04:14 PM
Coach, you are going to have to shoot me a PM, and let me know what the Angry Dragon is!!!! -DD Out