PDA

View Full Version : Damn Cyclone!!!

Danhercules
07-23-2003, 07:46 AM
I meet up with cyclone this past weekend, and he took me for a ride in his boat. Now I am gonna have to spend way too much $$$$ on mine!!! :mad:
That thing rids sooooo nice. I will have to get a droop and rebuild my pump. It was nice hangin with ya, had lots of fun, too bad yo had to leave, sun we launched in needels and drove the boat back up to Laughlin. We burned a lot of gas!!!!
Thanks again!

Danhercules
07-23-2003, 07:47 AM
Pics http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/467vic_and_herc.JPG

Danhercules
07-23-2003, 07:48 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/467cyclone.JPG

Danhercules
07-23-2003, 07:49 AM
Danhercules:
Pics http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/467vic_and_herc.JPG Thats victorfb boat behind mine.

mbrown2
07-23-2003, 07:58 AM
What happended to Cyclone's other scoop...I thought he had a Crome or Billet scoop with two openings....I liked that one :)

ROZ
07-23-2003, 08:02 AM
mbrown2:
What happended to Cyclone's other scoop...I thought he had a Crome or Billet scoop with two openings....I liked that one :) Didn't you know that red scoops are faster wink :D

victorfb
07-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Damn cyclone is right.... that boat is very impressive. and mike (the owner/driver) seems like a cool guy. i just mentioned id like to see that thing run and he said "lets go for a ride" and that was right after he came back from giving rides to other people. i couldnt resist, so i climb my big ars into the boat, get comfy in the awsome interior, drool at all the cool guages, wait for the two chicks to get in aswell, (that thing is a chick magnet) and as we get pushed off shore mike hits the button.....BAM !!! the roar of the 502 makes my heart skip a beat. we idle out the cove and i can feel the boat dancing like a dog waiting for you to throw the stick. mike hit the throttle and the rogers leaps us out the water. (ok almost) but it felt like it. i was intantly impressed on how fast the boat was, and how well it handled. id sure love to get my hands on a rogers bonneville. anyhow, as beautiful as the chicks were and the boat too, i just wanted to watch that guage. we went right up to 5500 RPM and i could barely breath with the wind going by us so fast. mike did a great job rigging that boat, its set up well. the pump seems to match the HP and hull perfectly. its a great combo. KUDO'S to you mike. great job. ive got to thank mike for the awsome ride. i had a blast.
as for the scoop... i too liked the look of the other one, but mike told me that the other scoop was not a sealed peice, the air was able to exit the bottom or something like that. he said the new scoop worked better so i can see why he ran it. besides, the red glass one looks cool too. (except for that home depot strap mike had to install to keep it from shaking itself loose) just funnin with ya mike! he will have a cool CNC machined peice soon im sure.
if any of you get a chance to meet mike and his boat im sure you too will be impressed.

victorfb
07-23-2003, 10:48 AM
oh, and thanks dan for posting the pics. very cool. even my tahiti looks halfway decent sitting in the water... :D

cyclone
07-24-2003, 08:48 PM
Hey guys it was damn nice meeting you both and your women. Thanks for hanging out. Hopefully we'll all see each other again at CBBB. I guess i need to run the chrome scoop next time. It seems to be the crowd favorite.

Froggystyle
07-25-2003, 08:07 AM
cyclone:
Hey guys it was damn nice meeting you both and your women. Thanks for hanging out. Hopefully we'll all see each other again at CBBB. I guess i need to run the chrome scoop next time. It seems to be the crowd favorite. If you need help sealing that thing up or whatever... let me know.
Run the chrome one!

old rigger
07-25-2003, 08:34 AM
cyclone:
I guess i need to run the chrome scoop next time. It seems to be the crowd favorite. Naw, ditch that other thing, the one you're running now looks great.
Just my crappy .02 worth.
Hey Mike, the quickest way to wipe out a bluebrinted pump is exactly the way you're parking your boat on the beach. All the little grains of shit are washed into your pump with each wake that's slappin against the beach. That and towing your boat across the desert with all the road grime being thrown up into the intake. We used to have a little cover for the intake when we had to tow that far. Usually left the boat at the riv so it normally wasn't a problem.
Boat looks fantastic by the way.
[ July 25, 2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: old rigger ]

HavasuDreamin'
07-25-2003, 08:41 AM
old rigger:
cyclone:
I guess i need to run the chrome scoop next time. It seems to be the crowd favorite. Naw, ditch that other thing, the one you're running now looks great.
Just my crappy .02 worth. Two vots for the fiberglass scoop. My $.02

cyclone
07-25-2003, 08:52 AM
Froggystyle- thanks man. how's the boat business treating ya?
RD- we do have the technology, just not the time.
Oldrigger- thanks for the advice. I think you're right about the sand in the pump thing. I do try to anchor her offshore when i can and launch as deep as possible. Guess i should be more careful after all the work that jack put into the pump.

HBjet
07-25-2003, 08:53 AM
Fiberglass gets my vote!
HBjet

Cs19
07-25-2003, 08:53 AM
red fiberglass scoop is way better.

RiverToysJas
07-25-2003, 10:23 AM
victorfb:
i just mentioned id like to see that thing run and he said "lets go for a ride" and that was right after he came back from giving rides to other people. At least someone got a ride! :rolleyes: Must just be the prop owners that get left on the beach! wink
RTJas :D

cyclone
07-25-2003, 11:03 AM
Jason- you know i offered you a ride several times you punkass.
RD you'll have to venture away from Parker one of these days...Oh wait i see a 10' Schiada registered for CBBB so i guess that means your coming out right? ill trade you a ride in my boat for a ride in your dingy. :D

HBjet
07-25-2003, 12:27 PM
RiverDave:
You guys have got to be smoking crack..
You'd pick that Red Fiberglass crow catcher over the chrome double barreled shotgun?
RD Red fiberglass crow catcher wins races!
HBjet :D

disco_charger
07-25-2003, 12:47 PM
I like the fiberglass, it's old school. I told pops to start looking for a white one for the Southwind...

cyclone
07-25-2003, 12:56 PM
maybe we need to start a poll? :D

mbrown2
07-25-2003, 03:26 PM
The crow catcher might be old school, but I thought the double barrel looked old school and more unique....first time I had ever saw one, but thats not saying much :)

MAXIMUS
07-25-2003, 03:37 PM
The shotgun injector scoop is unique however its about as silly as the Mr Gasket 3 hole "wanna be injector" scoop that I have so painfully witnessed people using... You might as well add a dooley wing to the back! That would tie the scoop in better... :rolleyes: Use the fiberglass scoop, it looks very nice & functional! :)

MAXIMUS
07-25-2003, 03:38 PM
Also does the blonde in the blue bikini what to go for a boat ride??? devil
[ July 25, 2003, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: MAXIMUS ]

old rigger
07-25-2003, 04:29 PM
MAXIMUS:
The shotgun injector scoop is unique however its about as silly as the Mr Gasket 3 hole "wanna be injector" scoop that I have so painfully witnessed people using... You might as well add a dooley wing to the back! That would tie the scoop in better... :rolleyes: Use the fiberglass scoop, it looks very nice & functional! :) took the words right out of my mouth Max. That shiney thing looks like something you'd buy across the counter from the pimply faced kid at Kragens.

cyclone
07-25-2003, 06:03 PM
the shotgun scoop looked really good when I was young,dumb and running a pair of 750's. Now that i'm older, wiser, and running a single 950, it just looks all wrong to me. :D

Cs19
07-25-2003, 06:15 PM
one of harwoods scoops would look even better, but between the 2 the red one for sure. :)

Danhercules
07-26-2003, 09:02 AM
hey cyclone, "Passin Gas" sure would like to take a look at that shotgun scoop if your not gonna want it. Do you want to get rid of it?

cyclone
07-26-2003, 10:13 AM
Dan-o
its not for sale, but i can tell ya where to buy one if you really want it.

Jordy
07-26-2003, 10:14 AM
RiverDave:
No shit Jason, I got time into that freakin boat and I haven't even been for a ride in it yet.
RD Wow, and I got to drive it... :D :D :D

victorfb
07-26-2003, 11:01 AM
Damn mike. your in a pickle. i have a feeling no matter what scoop you run, either one of the two or a whole differant animal, theres gunna be some that love it and some that hate it. id say run what YOU like the best or change em all the time just to screw with everyone.
cyclone warrents the use of the red one definatly, if i tried running a scoop like that on my boat, everyone would laugh and say i was trying to make it look like it went fast. run the shotgun and they would say i bought it at kreagan. just cant win.
as for the ride giving thing, all i can say is that what i saw , mike was giving rides to anyone and everyone that showed even a hint of interest. i am indeed fortunate enough to have been on one, but i have a feeling i will be a part of a huge crowd. if not allready. thanks again mike for sharing your boat with us.
oh and dont let the pics fool ya. most of the time that boat was anchored offshore. and if you look close, youll notice that the lagoon he was beached in is allways completely calm. no waves turning up the sand and muck to catch inside the pump. everyone idles in for atleast 200 yards. awsome place for even hydros to sit. though even better to run em in... :p

Danhercules
07-26-2003, 03:43 PM
cyclone:
Dan-o
its not for sale, but i can tell ya where to buy one if you really want it. Yea, let me know. I really like that thing.

cyclone
07-27-2003, 09:06 AM
Speedway Motors- 402-323-3250 they are in Indiana i think.