PDA

View Full Version : How much is it to ship a boat to Japan?

mister460
07-21-2002, 04:21 PM
Hey all, it's time for me to go serve my country overseas. I'm flying out for Okinawa, Japan on the 30th of August. Yeehaww!!! Time to corrupt another country!! That'll be my last year in the Marine Corps. I get 37 days of paid vacation before I go so I am getting ready to party it up! If any of you all live around Flathead Lake, MT or NW Washington you should email me and we can hook up for some cold ones.
Hey Attila, I'll be home for a while this time, let's go boating!!
Everyone else, I'll still post on the boards and I'll be making trips down south in a year when I get out. Nice talking to you all and keep 'em wet!!! Later everyone!!

Kwicherbichen
07-21-2002, 10:12 PM
Mister 460:
Uncle Sugar ships service member vehicles overseas all the time. Just leave the car and take the boat. See if they'll go for it. You'll probably be pissing off a lot of the locals with your load American boat though. :mad:
Also, if you can get it over there, you may want to sell it to some Japanese people before you leave. I know they pay a ton for custom American cars.
[ July 21, 2002, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Kwicherbichen ]

spectras only
07-21-2002, 11:26 PM
Andy ,I've sold my 20 spectra two months ago ,and my 24 footer is not quite ready :mad: :mad: :mad: ! I had to switch to another painter in the yard to finish it, and this one is dragging it a little too. Hopefully it will be finished after my vacation is gone :( .However ,you let me know when you're in Bellingham to arrange a time for a ride.My 20 footer is sold to an ex creo employee [another Andrew wink ] and I keep in touch with him ,so we could arrange a ride on that one too.If you caan take the boat with you to japan , I also suggest to sell it there,cause I've heard there's a following on american irons ,especially big cars with big blocks. See ya later.

Jungle Boy
07-22-2002, 05:00 AM
To rent a container to get boats to New Zealand for the races cost about $10000US dollars. The ship started out from Vancouver BC and took about 7 weeks to arrive in NZ :) . All the boats and equipment arrived in good shape. It would be a good idea to drain any water and fog the engine. We sprayed WD-40 on the engines and exposed metal parts.