View Full Version : Nautical Inn & London Bridge Resorts

Timer
02-28-2003, 05:56 PM
Anything bad to hear about either of these? I just made reservations at the Nautical for a bay room (not one of the new rooms) and need to make one at the London Bridge Resort.

Skaterfast
02-28-2003, 09:28 PM
Watch your boat in the Nautical cove closely.The bad guys tried to yank my stereo when I had it parked over night in the cove.

mbrown2
03-01-2003, 12:17 AM
Parked my first boat on the front on the cove more than 12 years ago, and got my 12" sub in front yanked while I was not looking in the middle of the night....f&%k that place...

Eric455
03-01-2003, 12:30 PM
Timer:
Anything bad to hear about either of these? I just made reservations at the Nautical for a bay room (not one of the new rooms) and need to make one at the London Bridge Resort. e-mail me with some info about that place. how much, phone# pics, website. thans. araik2000@earthlink.net
eric

mbrown2
03-01-2003, 12:45 PM
OK, maybe I was little fired up from drinking last night when I posted...Before our place on the river, we were going to Nautical for about 15 years...Only had the Sub stolen mentioned above, but I was staying right next to some shady tweaker types....the place has been overall pretty good, and it has only gotten more security....

Timer
03-01-2003, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the replies. I've stayed at the Nautical a couple of times and had no problem; of course, I have no sound system (that I can see or get to even though it's somewhere there.)
Just a side note: I called the London Bridge Resort today and found out that their reservation office isn't open on weekends and their phone system doesn't have a message telling one that...shlocky. They do have nice rooms and boat slips, but not cheap.

OutCole'd
03-01-2003, 04:21 PM
I stayed at the London Bridge Resort last year. Hated it. Room stunk like hell, Service was worse. I won't be staying there again.

Catatonic
03-01-2003, 06:33 PM
During college, I had my Toyota 4 Runner stolen from the Nautical Inn's parking lot and the police found it down by the Beachcomber with one missing stereo and one missing wallet. Thank god for American Express...the had a new card at the front desk by the next morning.

Cole
03-01-2003, 07:29 PM
i keep hearing about all the horror stories about Nautical inn...but i have been going there for years and have never had any problems..lucky i guess!!i think like any place your going to have your share of problems! can you imagine the stories about crazy horse????? :D Cole

Trouble Maker
03-04-2003, 08:03 AM
Thought the rooms were nice at the London Bridge Resort, but one of the security guards out front was a total asshole. We put the boat in at one of the local launch ramps, then the wife took the truck and trailer to the hotel and was going to get us all checked in. She parked the truck and trailer the best she could. As soon as she got out of the truck the security guy demanded that she unhook the trailer from the truck because it was bit to long or something, then he asked why she didn't have a parking tag in the truck...and was just basically being a total jerk about the whole thing. My wife explained that we hadn't checked in yet, but she was on her way to do that now and that I would be there soon and would take care of the parking situation. Then the last thing he said was something like, "well if this isn't taken care of in the next 30-45 minutes I'll be calling a tow truck". So, that was our big welcome to the hotel(resort - whatever it is)...
Of course we complained, but I'm sure that guy is still there - he must be related to someone... We didn't have any other problems and we won't in the future either because we won't be staying there again...Problem solved!!
Also, for charging the amount of money they do for a docking spot, you'd think they could spend a bit more money on its up keep. Good place to mess up some nice gel coat when half the rubber padding is hanging in the water instead of on the wood.
Damn this happened last summer...now I'm starting to get mad about it all over again..
Enough said.. burningm

Timer
03-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Gary, I had just the opposite experience at the LB Resort, but maybe it was because of the vehicle we had. The security guy (a supervisor) was really nice and everything went really well for us as far as the resort goes. (Only problem was the boat broke when we tried to launch!) The good resort experience also probably had something to do with the fact that we were there during the week (retired folks ya know.) Actually, all the times we have stayed there have been great, it's just expensive. But to keep the little lady happy, is any price to much, eh? hahaha, I just add it into the overall cost of boating.

Trouble Maker
03-12-2003, 03:47 AM
Timer,
We was there on a weekend, but it wasn't a busy weekend. The parking lot was probably 1/3 full, so there was really no reason for the security guard to be so upset about our temporary parking situation and threatening to have our truck towed. Maybe he was just mad that he had to work instead of being out on the lake..
The rooms were nice though... :D :p :p

Essex502
03-12-2003, 07:33 AM
We have stayed at the Nautical only once and won't be back. The room was shabby, overpriced and dirty. The cove is nice but I had the uneasy feeling that the boat wasn't all that safe.
On the other hand we have stayed numerous times at the London Bridge. Have had nothing but great service and very clean rooms. You need to be specific when booking the room that you want a quiet room as far away from Kokomo's as possible to keep the weekend noise down. Also, register first - doesn't take long to avoid issues when parking. I have had very pleasent experiences with the security - especially around the slips - keeping an eye on the boat at night. It is expensive and hard to get a reservation but having the slip right THERE can't be beat. Also having the convenience store just step from the slip makes getting ice and beer into the boat pretty easy.
Now that we have our own place in LHC we won't be back to either but I would highly recommend the London Bridge Resort.

Sandbar Mike
03-12-2003, 08:27 AM
Watch your ride when at Nautical, My Insurance salesman with Farmers had a claim resently,it was an 28 Eliminator Daytona being stolen from the Nautical Parking lot. ($130,000.00) worth
But Nautical is a great place to party.

Sandbar Mike
03-12-2003, 08:30 AM
Also, for charging the amount of money they do for a docking spot, you'd think they could spend a bit more money on its up keep. Good place to mess up some nice gel coat when half the rubber padding is hanging in the water instead of on the wood.
Damn this happened last summer...now I'm starting to get mad about it all over again..
Enough said.. burningm [/QB][/QUOTE]
YOU'D BE SUPRISED,
While I was down at Christmas I notice the resort was rebuilding the docks with that fiber/plastic planks, I looked realy sweet and boat friendly.

Slick
03-12-2003, 09:13 AM
Does anyone have anthing positive to say about Nautical? I just booked a room there for the weekend of OP6.
Does anyone who had a problem at Nautical recall if it was on a major holiday-weekend or an off-weekend?

HavasuDreamin'
03-12-2003, 09:47 AM
Slick:
Does anyone have anthing positive to say about Nautical? Not me. The one time I stayed there (about 13 years ago), the rooms were run down, not real clean, and we had an issue with cock roaches. devil
Hopefully things have improved.

Essex502
03-12-2003, 09:56 AM
I thought I'd heard that the slips were actually publicly owned. They are first come first serve during the day but only registered guests of LBR can use them at night IF they have been rented. If they are publicly owned then the city, I presume, is responsible for their upkeep.

steve0123
03-12-2003, 10:10 AM
Great now I'm nervous, taking a brand new boat down to LBR the last week in March....and goin with the family...never been there before. I'm hoping for a safe smooth time.

Essex502
03-12-2003, 11:11 AM
steve0123:
Great now I'm nervous, taking a brand new boat down to LBR the last week in March....and goin with the family...never been there before. I'm hoping for a safe smooth time. Don't sweat it! Just have your bumpers ready. In all of the times I've stayed there we've never "ding'd" the gel.

Bense468
03-12-2003, 03:49 PM
You guys my parents rent out their condo at havasu and it is way better then LB resort or the nautical (I think). It is 2 big bedroom 2 bath, nice living room, washer dryer, full kitchen, gated parking lot with boat parking and security. Our condo is on the 4th floor with the most bitchen view of the channel and over looks kokomos. It is right next door to kokomos. It is Queens Bay, here are some photos. E-mail me if any of you are ever intrested.
These are just general pics. Not exactly are condo
http://www.lakehavasuresorts.com/images/qc_crent_01_05a.jpg
http://www.lakehavasuresorts.com/images/cren_lobby.jpg
http://www.lakehavasuresorts.com/images/cren_lroom.jpg
http://www.lakehavasuresorts.com/images/cren_pool.jpg
http://www.lakehavasuresorts.com/images/cs_mainroom.jpg
http://www.lakehavasuresorts.com/images/crent_dining2.jpg
http://www.lakehavasuresorts.com/images/csale_bridge.jpg
So anyway that gives you a rough idea of what it is like.
[ March 12, 2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Bense468 ]

Bense468
03-13-2003, 04:45 PM
just bringing this back up to the top.