PDA

View Full Version : X-MAS Parade in Havasu

dimarcobros
09-25-2003, 10:48 AM
I know it is early to start talking about this topic but my family has been throwing around the idea of going this year. Has anyone ever been? What is it like?
DMB

Havasu Cig
09-25-2003, 10:52 AM
we have gone the past few years. It is a good time. Beach you boat in the channel, make a fire and watch the parade.

al cole'holic
09-25-2003, 10:54 AM
Havasu Cig:
we have gone the past few years. It is a good time. Beach you boat in the channel, make a fire and watch the parade. Your allowed to make a fire in the channel? That sounds pretty sweet.. :D

dimarcobros
09-25-2003, 10:55 AM
Do you know when it is? How cold is it?
DMB

Party Cat
09-25-2003, 10:58 AM
This year it will be both Saturday Dec 6th and Sunday Dec 7th.....
It's definatly a great time...
With the right setup....it's not cold at all....
I'll look for pics of last year....

dimarcobros
09-25-2003, 11:02 AM
Party Cat:
This year it will be both Saturday Dec 6th and Sunday Dec 7th.....
It's definatly a great time...
With the right setup....it's not cold at all....
I'll look for pics of last year.... That would be great.
DMB

dimarcobros
09-25-2003, 11:03 AM
Does everyone dress up their boat? Are there any rules for that?
DMB

Ducatista
09-25-2003, 11:23 AM
dimarcobros:
Do you know when it is? How cold is it?
DMB I believe it is the weekend of Dec 6th & 7th. Its chilly but awsome to be in the bridge area with all the million lights and stuff. Yea we just bring a portable fire ring, turn on some tunes in the boat,warm the coffee and "special creamer" and enjoy the show. Christmas time on the water in Havasu is alot of fun for sure! Lots of "snow bearders" walking the boardwalk, plenty of boat parking and no CO gases! Ya won't see any thongs though...lots of sweat clothes and jackets. A must weekend for us every year.

Party Cat
09-25-2003, 11:30 AM
Here's the link to the pics I took last year....
Lake Havasu Light Parade 2002 (http://www.irnoyfb.com/pages/lhlp02/index.htm)
Here's the link to the info about the parade....
Havasu Light Parade Web Site (http://www.boatparadeoflights.org/parade_of_lights_001.htm)

Ducatista
09-25-2003, 11:32 AM
dimarcobros:
Does everyone dress up their boat? Are there any rules for that?
DMB You can officially sign up to be an entry of the parade I believe, or you can throw some lights on your boat if you like, and just hang out in the channel/bridge area. There have been some beautiful entries in the years past that would blow you away. There used to be some posted on AHBA's site, not sure where they are now.

Ducatista
09-25-2003, 11:39 AM
Party Cat:
Here's the link to the pics I took last year....
Lake Havasu Light Parade 2002 (http://www.irnoyfb.com/pages/lhlp02/index.htm)
Here's the link to the info about the parade....
Havasu Light Parade Web Site (http://www.boatparadeoflights.org/parade_of_lights_001.htm) Yep thats it....nice pic's!

dimarcobros
09-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Thanks guys and very cool pics partycat. I think I might have to take part in the action this year.
DMB

summerlove
09-25-2003, 01:31 PM
We're gonna go for the 1st time ever this year. Really looking forward to it!
I really wanna see that Reindeer and sleigh float, all Campbells!

RVRGIRL
09-27-2003, 07:29 PM
Im going as well this year. Sounds like a lot of fun. Since this is my 1st year living in Havasu its a must!!!
PS. IN PARKER OVER THANKSGIVING THEY HAVE A BOAT PARADE THAT IS REALLY NICE. :)

wildbillg
09-27-2003, 07:41 PM
I usually have a party that saturday night after the parade. It will be the third annual parade of ligets party for the A.Z.H.B. or the first one for the Extreame boats, or the second annual for the American Hot boats. I'm sure ill know more on the name this next weekend, But for sure there is going to be a party here at my house. I live in Havasu also...

Boatcop
09-27-2003, 08:36 PM
PS. IN PARKER OVER THANKSGIVING THEY HAVE A BOAT PARADE THAT IS REALLY NICE. Thanks for the plug RVRGIRL!
Ours is the Saturday night after Thanksgiving. Same weekend as the SCSC Races at Blue Water.
We start at River Lodge at sunset (about 6:00 PM) and travel down river to Blue Water Resort. We have special Santa Boats giving candy to kids on the docks along the way.
The parade is sponsored by the local Sunrise Rotary club and Entry is FREE! They do, however take donations and sponsorship for the event. All participants get a plaque, and awards are presented for Best Theme, Animation, etc.
All proceeds from the Parade are used to provide Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners and toys to local needy families.
Think about how much fun you've had at the River, and what it's given you over the years. Now you can come out, have fun and give something back.
You don't have to have the big extravagant displays that they have on the Lake. Your cruiser and a few strings of light on a Christmas Tree will be just as welcome as a pontoon boat all decked out to the max.
So come on out and make this year's the biggest yet. And those with businesses are welcome to help sponsor. Your donations are tax deductible, since they go through the Rotary.
There's also the cool racing that weekend as well.
For info. call the Chamber at 928-669-2174 or email at: Info@ParkerTourism.com

Rod-64
09-28-2003, 12:35 PM
We were there last year.....my girlfriend's little boy was the one who jumped in the cold water to retreive the 2 Hot Boat T-Shirts. I forgot who we were next to....Blame it on Budweiser.....But we/he appreciated the roaring campfire to warm up.
It was in the high 80's last year, and the way it is now, it may be even warmer this year.
This year I'll be parking the boat in the channel since I no longer have to winterize.

Rod-64
09-29-2003, 10:09 AM