PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Joe's Motorworks, San Diego

Mandelon
03-14-2006, 01:04 PM
Joe Castanos has a full service boat and motor repair shop open in Lakeside. He used to work the Kool Aid factory at DCB but has got his own deal going on now. I was referred to him by John West at Ultra so he has serious folks putting their trust in him.
He's serviced my Lavey a couple times and he gets it all done right the first time, and on time. He knows outboards and inboards and any rigging that has needed to be done so far. His shop isn't full of bayliners and maxums...call and make an appointment and you'll be ready in a day or two, sooner if its not major work.
He knows a lot of SD ***boaters as well, and checks the boards now and then too, I think. His yard is small so he's only doing one or two at a time, which means your boat won't be sitting around untouched for days on end. You're in, you're next, you're done, come'n get it.
Anyway, pardon my pimping for Joe, but I am kind of partial to the small businessman doing his own thing. Every day is an adventure, and the security is what you make of it. Word of mouth is the best advertising, but this can't hurt.
If you need service in SD, check out Joe's shop.
12311 Lakeshore Drive, Ladeside CA 92040, or phone 619-334-3571

Flying Tiger
03-17-2006, 07:17 AM
We'll certainly keep this for a reference

Mandelon
03-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Bump for Joe......
go get those outdrives serviced!! :cool:

BarryMac
03-29-2006, 11:12 AM
Does he do any gel coat repair??? Still have a small knick on the back right that needs a good looking at... ;)

Mandelon
03-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Does he do any gel coat repair??? Still have a small knick on the back right that needs a good looking at... ;)
I don't think so, but I do know that ding happened at Foxes and came from some fokkers in a wakeboard boat. Call and ask. numbers up top I believe.

Screaming Pete
03-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Joe is the man i trust with my 300 promax,

OutCole'd
03-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Nice to hear something good about a shop.

Phat Matt
03-30-2006, 11:42 AM
I don't think so, but I do know that ding happened at Foxes and came from some fokkers in a wakeboard boat. Call and ask. numbers up top I believe.
That wake board boat shouldn't have been parked there when you pulled in. :mad: