PDA

View Full Version : Bought another boat today

hd&boatrider
04-21-2003, 09:26 PM
Yep, bought Eric455's Southwind to run on the river. I actually picked it up for a buddy out in BHC but until he comes up with the cash I will run it hard on the river. Looking forward to hearing that motor without the baffels this weekend during the River Run. I am really hoping I can spray the rooster tail onto the bridge in Laughlin.
Thanks Eric for all the info and time tonight. I will make sure it gets into good hands. I can tell you this: new pipes and the rubber gaurd are going to be replaced. Gotta have that chrome shining :) . I can't wait to run it this weekend.

bordsmnj
04-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Congrats HD Rider! :D Nothing like trying out the boat for a friend . gotta make sure it hauls ass just fine :D hey,what are friends for? :p

hd&boatrider
04-21-2003, 09:37 PM
bordsmnj:
Congrats HD Rider! :D Nothing like trying out the boat for a friend . gotta make sure it hauls ass just fine :D hey,what are friends for? :p Of course. What kind of a friend would I be if I didn't make sure it worked just perfectly before letting them have it :)

bordsmnj
04-21-2003, 09:45 PM
hey HD do you have an op6c sticker in your back window on your truck? if so i think i seen you on the 91 the other day.

hd&boatrider
04-21-2003, 09:50 PM
bordsmnj:
hey HD do you have an op6c sticker in your back window on your truck? if so i think i seen you on the 91 the other day. Yep, the truck in my avatar is my ride with the OP6 sticker...Where at on the 91?

bordsmnj
04-21-2003, 10:00 PM
wow small world i was east bound on tuesday at 3pm -ish. aprox. green river or just before. i made that trip out there twice that day the first time was at about 10:30 or so. it may have been then. the funny part is i was just talking about this with MrsHBjet in the thread right above this one- "out on the road".I have a white extra cab f150 with an Aftershock sticker in the back window. Probably doing about 80mph when ever posible :D

hd&boatrider
04-21-2003, 10:05 PM
bordsmnj:
wow small world i was east bound on tuesday at 3pm -ish. aprox. green river or just before. i made that trip out there twice that day the first time was at about 10:30 or so. it may have been then. the funny part is i was just talking about this with MrsHBjet in the thread right above this one- "out on the road".I have a white extra cab f150 with an Aftershock sticker in the back window. Probably doing about 80mph when ever posible :D That was definitly me...I look for the OP6 stickers all the time but have never seen another one...except for Hustlers and that was at a ramp so that does not count...lol

Eric455
04-21-2003, 11:44 PM
congrads bratha just take care of it like i did and it will catch the eyes. good luck and keep haulin ass.
eric

HavasuDreamin'
04-22-2003, 06:17 AM
Congrats. Have fun.

JetBoatRich
04-22-2003, 07:10 AM
Both of you seem to be happy with the deal, I have had the pleasure of riding in your new SouthWind, so you should be happy.

hd&boatrider
04-22-2003, 08:20 AM
JetBoatRich:
Both of you seem to be happy with the deal, I have had the pleasure of riding in your new SouthWind, so you should be happy. I am happy and I know my friend will be happy also.
Eric--Took it in to GS Marine this AM and I am going to replace the headers and replace the rubrail. Greg was concerned about the regulator and indicated that is probably the reason for it running lean. The boat looks very nice in the sun by the way. He mentioned the fact that you don't see much of that hull these days. I think he had some intrest in it probably from a standpoint of days gone by. Maybe it could just be he still loves to see those beefed up 454's in a jet boat :) . Anyhow, I willl take it in next Tuesday to get the work done and run it this weekend. Just thought you would appreciate some feedback. Thanks again Eric.
Tom

Eric455
04-22-2003, 04:21 PM
yes i do
thats way i felt bad selling the boat. not just you! the boat its self
thanx
eric